Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: War Events  (Read 10513 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
War Events
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:50:56 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
Re: War Events
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »

I actually like this idea. Placing time limits on wars will make them more of a event and less of a random thing to do. It'll also allow for us to have a better track of SL history
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »

I actually like this idea. Placing time limits on wars will make them more of a event and less of a random thing to do. It'll also allow for us to have a better track of SL history

I couldn't agree more to be honest.
This is why I was so hesitant to do anything with <Neo> at first until the villages were implemented and now that they are I want to see things planned and submitted in advance prior to the "attack" starting to avoid hassles amongst the players.
Instead of bullying the younger Rp-ers which is sometimes an everyday occurrence, we as the ancients we are can give them a helping hand when it comes to certain events that can sometimes lead to a character's death.
However in terms of holding a Kage gathering/summit or meetings, I believe this sub-board should be used for such a drawn-out RP should it arise.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »

If a summit were to be called, why not just go Jisiegakure and pick a dwelling to do it in? Especially if it is a private meeting of sorts.

Anyways, the young blood is probably a little intimidated by all the force they sometimes see in the villages. Not to mention the gate procedure sometimes is overly tedious for them because they don't quite... Get RP yet. I've had experiences where someone kinda came in, got voided for auto-entry, and that was almost the end of story. Told him the ropes to entering, suggestions on what to put out there, and now I have another Nara in Konoha. (Yay me!)

Now, RP-wise, the thought that war is coming should be a surprise of sorts for some. However, OOcly, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to plot it out, dates for attacks, and likewise. Being in well defended and rarely targeted Konoha has made me sort of itching for a fight to get into; but, other people have other schedules, and I usually either miss the attack or just plain can't know that I"ll be on long enough to actually dedicate to the cause.

I think the worry over Iwa might be partly because of Suna, who has decent forces, has been a target... Since really you target anywhere else and the void hammer smashes your skull, or some OP comes and wipes their rear with your face. Not saying that's a bad thing really, but elaboration on how Suna, Iwa, and even Oto were/are/could be, targets of random aggressions. After all, nobody tries to push a brick that they know beforehand will either not move, or reset to its original place when you take a quick break.

Now... For RP's sake, Iwa could always hire mercenaries. I mean, it's not likely in-game ryo is really moderated, so who's to say they don't have a horde of gold to use for mercenaries while they prepare for a war they OOCly know is coming? Could even be a mission for some of us, as I remember some of Konoha helping Suna rebuild after the <Rose> tragedy.

Lastly, while all of this is important, we can't turn this into a: "May I attack you? No? Guess I'll have to wait till you're completely ready in a few months" sort of thing. Sometimes, you can't win a war if you fight your enemy when they are at their strongest. Moderation is good, but let's not overdo it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »

Often times some attacks on villages get voided because people aren't even online to defend. Having wars scheduled would be nice in the sense that it can be coordinated to have people to actually defend against an attack. At the same time however, if it were to take place in the village square when a large amount of people get together to RP, it can get incredibly messy at times, especially when it lasts for extended periods of time and people can't go back online for their turn, if they have to leave to go do other things, etc. Half the reason why attacks get put on hold is when people have stuff in real life to attend to and can't get back to a computer. Then we have people shuffling out the order, people wanting to get put back into the order later, etc.

If wars were to be regulated and the idea submissions to be sent anywhere, I would prefer that they would go to the GM's. It's their job as Gamemaster to further the RP and monitor it, so I don't see the need to try and make a new, separate committee for wars. It could take ages to agree upon who would be good potential candidates for this war committee, and then go through the voting process, which may not even settle through successfully.

Lastly, while all of this is important, we can't turn this into a: "May I attack you? No? Guess I'll have to wait till you're completely ready in a few months" sort of thing. Sometimes, you can't win a war if you fight your enemy when they are at their strongest. Moderation is good, but let's not overdo it.

I agree with this as well. Sure, it would suck if a village is constantly under attack (like Suna >_>), so there should have to be some sort of break from the action, but what would happen in the event that a village consistently declines attacks?

Overall though, I generally do like the idea of having attacks moderated to some degree.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 01:59:14 AM »

What about a cooling period between each war, akin to that of Bijuu fights? Or something like a limit on how many times you can say no before you are forced to accept a war offer?
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »

I couldn't have agreed more.  When I first started roleplaying and having to deal with the constant attacks on Otogakure, I called for a scheduling of the attack, since I was relatively the only active sound shinoni at that time due to inactivity. This was utterly declined and Otogakure was destroyed entirely ( later rebuilt do to some effort of mine and others parts) only then to be taken over.  I think having some planning and making it organized is a fantastic idea.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:23:10 AM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »

If we have a war, let's just do it the old fashioned way: no fighting in the villages until a certain point is reached.

For example, war starts between Konoha and Suna (I think we know who would win IF that forbidden event were to occur) Konoha can't just go ramming into Suna like a bulldozer. It needs to "secure" areas in the zone first, particularly the desert zone. I mean, why not have some of your defenders in the zone areas we like to travel in a time of war?

Then, after that's "taken" or whatever, then Konoha can start moving in to attack Sunagakure, the actual fighting happening in the Empty Town Zone if they would rather not have their board taken up. They just need to remind people that the village itself is technically having issues with invaders if so.

Now then, addressing the council, I forget how many GM's there are, but I agree with that notion. If they screw it up, not many other choices on who can do it better.  :cry:

If push does come to shove, you could just start the fight in the village board, then transfer it to the Empty Town Zone. Now, I understand that's then taking up a zone (unless someone wants to constantly pay for a private zone. Like, funding the field of battle of sorts!) but at least the village board is... somewhat free. People still need to act like their village is under attack or something...

Lastly (for this post  ;)), regarding the schedules, we need to schedule almost the entire war:

Day 1: Mobilize. Zone travelling areas open for combat.

Day 2 (doesn't need to be next day): Results from Day 1 taken into account

Day 3: Results from Day 2 taken into account

And so on and so forth, till you get to the maximum number of days that you "have" for this war, determined by a combination of the attackers and the GM's:

Day 100 (I doubt many will be fighting for this long buuut...): War is concluded, with all overall results taken into account to determine winner. Once determined... Winner gets something I guess.

It's a rough picture, I know, but ideas too.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

One issue just, the war should only influence participants I figure, in the sense that taking over a village/destroying it by defeating 10% of it's population doesn't seem quite right. Especially when it comes to an actual village destruction, it amuses me that some fail to see things through. For instance one house could be to one self like the village is to the villagers, it would be somewhat autohitish to have it destroyed without him being online to protect it if he was indeed in the village. Not to mention that by destroying a village, you automatically harm/kill everyone in it, again, this has a horrible autohit character while accepting the village as destroyed and those offline that were in the village being unharmed is also quite the flaw. So yeah, no full scale destruction as for taking over, I'm guessing you would need to murder/get on your side ALL the major figures of the village and then deal with the rebellion that is most likely bound to come.

On a side note, just cause someone is a game master does not mean they can't be wrong or biased, for instance, if a war between Suna and Konoha took place, Tracy and Kayenta would automatically fall off the list of reliable GM for obvious reasons. This would leave us with Zenaku alone and what not. I'm saying this would be just like any Zone argument, be it a spar or a super official match of sorts, any trustworthy player could be related to, there are a hand full of players that are acknowledged at GM level by most of the SL community. As a matter of fact, a group of players might be more comfortable with a particular renown player than a particular GM they might feel uncomfortable with for whatever reason.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

I guess in terms of bias, I have a rather naive view of it, but I believe that people become gamemasters for a reason, and regardless of what village their character comes from, it would not necessarily affect their ability to judge whether a move or technique is valid or not. A gamemaster position is dictated by the person's ability to judge RP, not where their character originates from. And technically, Kayenta has characters in all sorts of villages and clans, so saying that she'd be bias for Suna is a bit unfounded. I guess I just treat moderator positions as something separate from gameplay, and it's a difference in leadership such as "I'm not your friend, but an officer" kind of thing. This would then beg the question of why would then Kamui not be exempt from judging Konoha things? Zenaku from Kumo-affiliated events? Gamemasters aren't restricted due to their villages, and even then, if you truly believe there is some bias going on, then there are other gamemasters to refer to as well.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »

To my knowledge, the GM main role is to stimulate rp rather than judge it, and as such, they are not picked based on how good their Naruto-verse knowledge is and insight overall, it's not like Neji observed their ability to judge accurately and what not of course people that stimulate rp by the means of events are usually good at stuff like that, yet that does not mean they can't make errors, and big ones for that matter. Just my thoughts.
Just because they hold an administrative position of sorts does not make them any less human. They may as well be emotionally attached to a player or village, and as such, most would fail to control themselves to the extent of being completely unbiased. And as stated, it's pretty much like any other official fight of sorts, about as long as the one's judgement, insight, opinion, etc. is deemed to be trustworthy  by those involved it flies, it's needless to say that if a party, for whatever reason, does not acknowledge a gamemaster as apt to judge, it would have the reverse effect of non-GM trusted players, and that of them not being relied on as judges. Unlike actual moderators that judge things such as breaking server rules, their verdicts and what not are nowhere close to ultimate. People aren't obliged to accept judges they do not acknowledge as competent. However, that is hardly ever the case with the current game masters.

If not for the abundant reason I stated here and in my prior post, generally acknowledged non-GM judges should be in the picture if called upon so that something that can be as overloading as an entire war shouldn't all be placed on 3 people alone. If not resulting in inefficiency and things dragging on for waaaaay too long, it would, at the very least, result in giving them a hernia of sorts.

Also, there is something on here I have to disagree with, something like having to secure a zone of sorts prior to attacking the actual village. I see at least two scenarios that should exempt from that rule due to plain and simple logic at the very least:

1. The attackers sending an attack of sorts in the direction of the village that has the ability to make it there and the defenders of the said zone fail to stop it. Like a tailed beast bomb for instance.

2. One or more attackers managing to make it past the defenders, this could occur under multiple scenarios:
-Merely dashing at the village with a defensive mode that the defenders fail to penetrate.
-Getting passed them with speeds the defenders can't match up to, like the 7'th gate for example.
-Or in the case in which it's and 1+x vs 1+x(or Y given that outnumbering, if chosen by a partly that highly outnumbers the other in human resources would seem feasible) part of the attacker party could manage to keep busy the entire enemy party while their comrades pass them. For instance, let's say that Me, Yuumei, Zyeta and Eric attack Suna, would Eric manage to catch the opposing Suna party in his shadow and paralyze them as me and the other to march forth it would seem highly legitimate in my view.

As for me stating Kayenta might end up being biased in a Suna related war, I've said so due to the fact, that to my knowledge, she is attached to that village the most. I could be wrong though, it would be idiotic for me, and anyone for that matter, to say that they truly know a person. However if a decent amount of participants would share that view, it's best to not have a judged deemed as biased by one of the involved parties in order to avoid accusations, bashing, and chaos overall.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 03:49:55 AM »

Ah, true, however,  a GM has about as much "power" as any other player(save for that one ability of posting w/o their name). Thy need about as much acknowledgement as any other player relied on for judgement frequently, otherwise, there is really no point to them attempting to moderate a fight when participants don't value their input, the only difference is that they don't need to make a name for themselves, their status grants it automatically.

I'll have to correct you on some points, however, I might have simply misunderstood what you have said.
GM's do not have the ability/right to stop a fight or to make someone remove something from their bio. All they can do is state their opinion, just like anyone else. It's not like they, or anyone else for that matter can punish someone in any shape or form for godmodding regardless of how obvious said godmodding is, the closest thing to rp regulations that we have is the Zone guide.

Not to mention that there are a number of things in which opinions may be split, a right and wrong not really existing so the case would go to whom makes the better point. A few examples:
-Some think one shouldn't claim any of the 8 in-game kg w/o having them in-game, others that only doujutsu should be allowed, others that doujutsu should be allowed but not when used to get the rinnegan and sage mode, others think they should not count at all, others think that in certain resets the number of resets shouldn't dictate how well you can use it if you had rp training while others think the opposite of that.
-Some may think that ANY kg should be backed up by a reset, some that just custom doujutsu.
-Some would label non-jinchuriki claiming chakras anywhere near to bijuu is modish, while others greet such as long as backed up flawlessly.
-Some think non-shinobi have as much right to exist as any other character, some think they shouldn't at all, others reserve themselves the right to not rp with and ignore the rp of such.

But yeah, the involved parties agreeing upon a board of judges be it just GMs, no GMs at all, or mixes seems like a right idea.

On a side note, just because I don't comment on anything that was brought up does not mean I am not fond of it or that I am not internally praising it, merely that I have nothing to add to it for the time being.

Also, I honestly apologize for misjudging your neutrality, it's possibly because I knew you more like Kayenta than anything else and probably due to the fact that it's the only character you have I've noticed to host large events, so I assumed it to be your main.

Edit: I am guessing that the opposing parties establishing rules in regards to potential issues stated above would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:17:57 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

One question, what does this accomplish? If you haven't noticed a lot of 1on1 fights cause lots of OOC wars that can take anywhere from minutes to days to decide on. Take that situation and throw in like 20+ people.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

~Moenkopi is dedicated to Suna. She is the Nidaime Kazekage. Led an attack upon Otogakure.

I remember this. Totally threw me under the bus. >>
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »

You guys are giving me a headache. :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.