Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Edit Baluski mod  (Read 5032 times)

InoueMiyu

Edit Baluski mod
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:58:31 AM »

Or at the very least edit it so that he doesn't take your hitpoints even if you run away.  I fled as soon as I saw the path, and yet he still took 42 permanent hitpoints, even more than the bonus once I had earned through Orochimaru kills and various other means.  (In other words, he can take as many points from me as he wants, no matter what I do.)  Now I have less hitpoints than an academy student at my level.  Now that the only other way to get hitpoints is by luck or by completely ignoring my other stats, it would take years to get my health back up to what it was, if going by my current rate -- one extra hitpoint a week, if I play every game day and if I'm lucky.  As it is I've already lost the will to play this game anymore.

EDIT:  All right, having stopped crying, having read a similar thread, and understanding it's a balance issue, I merely have this to say:  at least prevent him from taking away more hitpoints than the baseline, unless you explicity offer them.  Because now that you can't really get them except by random chance, and even then carrying a risk of losing more, it's just ridiculous otherwise.  Because eventually I'll end up with negative hitpoints.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:20:47 AM by InoueMiyu »

PerfectFlaw

Re: Edit Baluski mod
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 06:49:59 AM »

I was always under the impression that if you ever went into less than the base amount of hp that it would be back to normal after an Oro kill, as it is impossible to have negative hitpoints. So don't worry too much.

But I understand what you mean. The vampire has been sucking my hp down like coca cola lately, but it is a neccessary thing to have. Maybe it could stand some small improvements, but besides that it does its job.

InoueMiyu

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 06:56:39 AM »

What mainly bothers me are the people with absurd amounts of HP who come after me every day and kill me.  Now I have no defense against even academy students.  There's no point in even leveling up anymore.  Or even playing, if one click takes away everything you've worked for, and there's absolutely no way to avoid it.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:07:32 AM »

Taking the vampire away wouldn't change anything. You gain more HP but they gain EVEN more HP >.>

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »

Everyone hates me... *crys in a corner*

Seriously though, the vampire isn't only a problem for you, it hurts everyone. I could understand your simpathy if it was one sided, but it's not. I do agree that hitpoints gained from oro kills should be permanent no matter what happens to you, but that will have to wait until a later date until it can be discussed in full.

Understand this though, hit points are quite easy to come by in this game once you know the means to acquire them, hence the vampire.  ;)
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 07:18:51 AM »

Awwww...*give Baluski a hug*

InoueMiyu

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 07:21:14 AM »

Awww... *pats Baluski on head*

Yeah, I know.  But since all the methods I know are based on chance, and I have just about the worst luck in the universe, I never get the hp.

Sorry for ranting, folks.  It's just the whole thing has made me realize I can never live up to all the greats, even if I play nonstop for years, and it just made me severely depressed.  Simply because the game is still in progress means it favors those who've been playing for the longest.  All of the newbies will never get a chance at the (admittedly unbalanced) Ichikraku's health potions.

Demonic Sanoci

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »

Hope that vampire rots in hell , but trust me with a negative outcome their always a possible good outcome. Like the ying- yang in all these events , just take time to figure them out of cource .

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 07:45:12 AM »

Seriously though, the vampire isn't only a problem for you, it hurts everyone. I could understand your simpathy if it was one sided, but it's not. I do agree that hitpoints gained from oro kills should be permanent no matter what happens to you, but that will have to wait until a later date until it can be discussed in full.

Understand this though, hit points are quite easy to come by in this game once you know the means to acquire them, hence the vampire.  ;)

I'll take the event ^.^ I need another reason for people to hate me >> << >>

Demonic Sanoci

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 07:47:06 AM »

Xao gonna be nuts if I had the choice burn that d**n vampire to hell.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »

Sorry, you can't go below a certain baseline. Wouldn't make sense.

I corrected the module and your hp.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Risuku

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 02:17:24 PM »

i just got the vampire lord 3 times within 5 turns!!!  :evil: is that even fair!?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 02:41:16 PM »

i just got the vampire lord 3 times within 5 turns!!!  :evil: is that even fair!?
that is really really bad luck.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 02:44:35 PM »

I lost 74 hitpoints and I still keep playing  :roll:
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »

I corrected the module and your hp.

Problem solved? Locked then.

And thanks for the hug Gyu~ru~ru!
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.