Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Yet another topic about Jashinism.  (Read 20388 times)

Hades

• View Profile
Re: Yet another topic about Jashinism.
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2014, 07:08:31 AM »

Ok, but you're wrong. Thank you for continuing this for no reason. >>

The Curse Blood jutsu would attempt to reflect the damage done to Eikan to me. This damage is the breakdown of his chakra system and eyes via poison.

If I am made 100% of fire, then I cannot receive that damage, because fire cannot be melted by poison. >_>

It's no different than anything else. I still have a heart, it's just made of fire, so if he stabbed his heart I'd receive no damage because you cannot stab fire. He can't melt me with poison when I'm made of fire any more than he can stab me.

He is attacking your chakra system. Are you really gonna argue that you do not have a chakra system? He is not aiming to do physical damage to you. I think that is what you are confused about. Attacking one's chakra system is not a physical attack because the chakra system itself is not a physical thing. No, you would not suffer any 'physical damage such as the puncture wound or anything, but your chakra system would suffer the same fate as his. To say it would not would be like saying that if one using the jutsu on another was to shock themselves into being paralyzed by attacking the nervous system via the neurons and the electrical currents that travel throughout the body would not work because electrical currents are not a physical thing. Although, there would be no sign of physical damage once or ever if you just attacked the electrical  currents the results would still be the same for both parties.

The same applies here, his chakra system is being destroyed: your chakra system gets destroyed, just cause you are not in a physical form changes nothing. Unless he was physically trying to stab you which he is not.

Highlighted in orange is your premise, Kirk: The chakra system itself is not a physical thing. Yet you proceed with an argument that seems to blatantly ignore your own stipulation. Highlighted in red are the things that you said that contradict your own premise.

You should have considered the implications of your premise before announcing those conclusions that contradict it. Understand: If the chakra system itself is not a physical thing, then Jujutsu: Shiji Hyōketsu has no effect on the chakra network. Because:

"Any kind of injury that they inflict upon themselves (or the injuries a foe inflicts on them) is reciprocated on the target"

"injury
/ˈɪndʒərɪ/
noun (pl) -ries
PHYSICAL damage or hurt"

Nothing is unclear about this.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:23 AM »

See man this is where I'm confused about Jashinism then. It says the two bodies are linked. Who cares if you are fire or not. >>;

Eikan pulls the trigger, needles pierce him at every chakra point, which actually doesn't give off physical harm, rather shuts down the chakra point targeted; this case all of them.
Anyway Bocch's on fire who cares?

Eikan is injected with chakra eating poison into what? all points of the chakra system as well as his eyes. Real physical pains ensue, pains beyond a Jashin believer's known measures is given as Eikan then dies due to the effects. But Bocch's on fire who cares?

Trying to say that the effects of the toxins don't do the same on you? Since toxic injuries are a form of the many variants of injuries. >>; Its physical demeanor was being injected into Eikan, but the outcome imposed to work on the both of yer chakra systems.

If thats not how Jashinism works then by all means I don't know how naruto works anymore and should probably sleep.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:01 AM »

I, personally, think we need to hug this out and call it a day.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:04 AM »

On that note ^ I am calling for the lock. We just proved that his attack is completely impotent, and would accomplish nothing besides stabbing me with bunches of needles. Annoying, but completely pointless.

In the future, if anyone wants to try and god mod me to death, I would suggest using literally any jutsu besides the one that has been used almost solely by me for nearly a decade now.

Yes you should go to sleep as you just missed the entire point, Keito.

Edit #1: Any damage besides the needles stabbing into me would not be reflected by the Curse because, as you guys so helpfully pointed out, the chakra system and damage done to it is NOT physical damage. Thus it cannot be reflected to me. Eikan killed himself to poke me really hard.

I think this might honestly usurp the time I convinced Solo that he blew himself up by mixing Raiton and Fuuton as my favorite zoning moment.

Edit #2 at Keito: Ok really dude, the being high all the time thing is not working out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:22:14 AM by bocchiere »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 07:17:57 AM »

I, personally, think we need to hug this out and call it a day.

*Finally comments on the fight, completely unrelated*
Thank you, I'll be here all day.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:10 AM »

Ehh I can't anyways cuz ya'll are just ignoring all factors and putting the blame on it not being a physical attack.
It is by all means physical, aiming to stab Bocchiere's person in every chakra point in existence. So regardless if he is in fire form the physical effects such as the effects from the poison would effect the chakra system; transferring the same effects done to Eikan to Bocchiere.
Seeing how thats what the ability does. One simply is not composed of a chakra system and can't hide it upon their will. >>;

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:36 AM »

Ehh I can't anyways cuz ya'll are just ignoring all factors and putting the blame on it not being a physical attack.
It is by all means physical, aiming to stab Bocchiere's person in every chakra point in existence. So regardless if he is in fire form the physical effects such as the effects from the poison would effect the chakra system; transferring the same effects done to Eikan to Bocchiere.
Seeing how thats what the ability does. One simply is not composed of a chakra system and can't hide it upon their will. >>;

Except the argument being made is that the chakra network is not physical, and thus is not affected.

You really probably should get some sleep.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »

Yeah this topic is very over now, I come out on top regardless.

If the chakra system is physical than it is turned to fire along with the rest of my body, and cannot suffer the melting damage done by the poison.

If the chakra system is not physical than damage done to it is not physical, and thus cannot be reflected via the Curse.

The only damage reflected at me will be needle stab marks, the poison melting my eyes, and the organ damage done to his body by destroying his own chakra system, all of which will be negated by my Incineration Technique.

So I guess we might say that, at the end of the day...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:47:31 AM by bocchiere »

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2014, 08:26:24 AM »

WAit wait wait wait wait

On the side of reason here, isn't this Metagaming?

You'd have no reason to use the Incineration technique, and the Curse would hit you instantaneously,

I mean correct me if i'm wrong but most people would call that metagaming because you're using the attack to avoid the one way someone finally killed you

I'm not being a d*** about this so don't get mad,

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2014, 08:34:33 AM »

WAit wait wait wait wait

On the side of reason here, isn't this Metagaming?

You'd have no reason to use the Incineration technique, and the Curse would hit you instantaneously,

I mean correct me if i'm wrong but most people would call that metagaming because you're using the attack to avoid the one way someone finally killed you

I'm not being a d*** about this so don't get mad,

Yeah the downside of not reading the topic before posting is you miss things that have already been answered.

Just posting, "I turn to fire the second before the curse hits me" would be meta gaming.

Posting, "As I run at Hazama I turn completely into fire which allows me to perform this attack on him. This is at the same time Eikan tries to curse blood me thus it fails." is not. I posted a legitimate IC reason for doing it, I'm using it to attack Hazama. It just happens to be before Eikan kills himself with Curse Blood.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »

Well yeah but the effects of the poison would shut down your chakra network, so when you went to activate the technique wouldn't you just die? I guess that takes it back to the physical/non-physical body damage, but I feel like because of the fact it's a Curse, that if it didn't take effect before you activated the technique it would take effect after, wouldn't the technique be more of an "attacking the soul type thing" since it would deal the damage out to both users, I don't feel like turning in to fire would stop the technique, and yeah I get that you can't stab fire/water/rainbows/whatever but the way the technique works I feel like it would still kill you either way, the fact that it can be done without having to be anywhere near the person suggests spiritual connection in the Curse, so it's more of a both of your souls died type thing, It's not that the needle pricks would kill you or whatever, it's what the poison would do to Eikan would be reflected to you, the shutting down of the chakra system and dying, and since it would be done on more of a spiritual level, I don't think not having a physical body would avoid it, it would either like I said cause you die after deactivation of the technique, or just stop you mid technique and kill you.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »

Your're really not in the loop of how anything is working here.

If he wants to rp killing me than his actions are happening simultaneously with my next post.

In the same way that when I am fighting someone I don't need to wait for them to finish yapping before attacking them I don't need to wait for him to set up his curse jutsu before making an action.

I will turn to fire to attack Hazama before he kills himself in the Curse circle. He did multiple things before doing that. When he does this all the damage is negated because in my fire form I cannot be affected by physical damage, which is all the curse can reflect.

He cannot destroy my chakra system because damage to the chakra system is not physical damage, and is thus not reflected via the curse jutsu. Even if I did nothing my chakra system would be unaffected.

No it doesn't hit your soul >> He would off himself, reflecting the physical damage to me, this would be negated by my Incineration Technique, and the link would be broken upon his death, as it is still just Ninjutsu.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »

Well yeah

But wouldn't this fit in line with that thing you posted about using the Human path on people in the Incineration technique/etc.? Because if techniques like that and the Reaper death seal would still work on a Hozuki state individual I don't see why this attack wouldn't work on you just because you're in the incineration technique, I understand that you don't have a physical form and all, but at the same time I feel the jutsu would at the Least take effect when you returned to your physical state.

There's nothing that says the effects of the jutsu just vanish when the user dies from the technique, the other person has to die too, that's the curse

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »

Well yeah

But wouldn't this fit in line with that thing you posted about using the Human path on people in the Incineration technique/etc.? Because if techniques like that and the Reaper death seal would still work on a Hozuki state individual I don't see why this attack wouldn't work on you just because you're in the incineration technique, I understand that you don't have a physical form and all, but at the same time I feel the jutsu would at the Least take effect when you returned to your physical state.

There's nothing that says the effects of the jutsu just vanish when the user dies from the technique, the other person has to die too, that's the curse

That's not related at all? This jutsu has no relation to the soul at all, it doesn't involve it in any way. If he wasn't dead then maybe it would.

The effects of the what? Jutsu? If it's a Ninjutsu then it cannot be utilized by a dead body, no. He has no chakra to use any kind of technique with upon dying.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »

Yeah but if he doesn't then you don't,

that's how the jutsu works
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 15 queries.