Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The game is too hard  (Read 11332 times)

asdfjkl

Re: The game is too hard
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »

i'm one of those people thats only going for forest fights. i'll trust neji's word that i'll still be able to level up

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 12:57:15 AM »

They do but I think she's asking for them to get stronger >> Unless I'm mistaken.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 01:27:24 AM »

The current difficulty level of the game is too hard for beginners, fun for intermediate players and boring for a pro. Something should be done & not just smack it back at my face >.>

=) sounds like every game.

when you hop in, it's hard... then you know more, it gets better, once you are a pro, you laugh at some aspects.

Wrong, beginners are usually easy to level up because the monsters are weak, but give a nice amount of exp. It gets harder when you move between "beginner" to "intermediate". But once you learn how to get stronger besides leveling (example from other games: refining your weapon and forming a party instead of going solo), the games become easier thou not as easy as when you were a beginner. Once you become a Pro, you usually don't waste your time on "forest fights". Instead, you seek out bosses for special rewards.

I won't introduce "difficulty levels" how you want to have it, just to "balance" it...
and AS is a n00b ... so he plays like a n00b and uses much time for nothing...
etc
the list goes on.

The game is so freaking hard that I have seen players that are stuck at around level 3-5 for almost a month before finally quiting the game. Thanks to PVP and the amount of exp you lose when you get killed, you made it IMPOSSIBLE for some non-hardcore players to advance in the game.

I am still balancing stuff, so well, don't judge it by now. Imagine the "high powered" guys without a mount that gives 100% their attack... imagine them with only a companion *WHO GETS HURT* and they have to watch him.
and now here is a spoiler:

all guys above a certain DK rate will face not ONE enemy at a time, but may face MULTIPLE enemies at a time... so it will be _VERY HARD_ for them ...

you should simply _WAIT_ until I introduce stuff as I _HAVE SAID_ the game is currently too easy for higher dks (>5) as the jutsus rock and the mounts  to...

I appreciate feedback, but some points were mentioned countless times, and I am in the middle of a significant change.

Oh great, as if fighting one forest creature isn't hard enough already now we have to fight multiple enemies?! Maybe everyone should just give up leveling and stay at one level.

Also, your definition of slumming and "look for an opponent" is right, but what do you do if somebody only puts his DK-points on forest fights... and none at attack... should he automatically stick at level 1 and never kill an opponent at a certain dk-level?
no, he has it only harder, but not impossible.

That's is where the mounts and equipments should come in and play their parts.

You have no real idea how _difficult_ it is to find a balance between "piece of a cake" and "too hard to even play"... we are not talking about "enemy attack = 5+5*dk" ... we are talking about different equations.

I don't know how the stat of the enemies are calculated but having them constantly massure up to my strength is stupid. It's like you are fighting yourself from level 1-15.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 01:33:38 AM »

They do but I think she's asking for them to get stronger >> Unless I'm mistaken.

You are mistaken. I am not a hardcore freak. I am telling Neji that the forest creature shouldn't keep messuring up to your strength.

Here an example scenario, you are at level 1 fighting level 1 creatures then "bam" you gain 10 HP, 1 attack & 1 defense from special events without leveling up. Will you, a level 1 player with level 2 strength defeat the level 1 monster easier? NO, because Neji made it so that the monster will messure up to your strength thus giving the level 1 monster the strength of a level 2 monster.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:35:22 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 01:35:23 AM »

im hokage rank and i dont find the game boring. xaos is probably the only one bored  :P
I'm back to SL !

SinHarvest

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 03:15:12 AM »

I love the concept of multiple enemies, please dont fight that, I love going between towns just to fight 4 baddies in a row. :twisted:

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 03:56:38 AM »

I love the concept of multiple enemies, please dont fight that, I love going between towns just to fight 4 baddies in a row. :twisted:

You are not going to fight them one after another. You will be fight all of them at the same time. Imagine Lonestriker and his band of thieves, but with multiple HP bars. Meeting ANBU in the forest with mean instant death. Flawless fights will become a fairy tale. You might as well go kill yourself if you run out of jutsu and mount.

Neji doesn't play the game. He doesn't know how hard the game is. Sure, playing a few minutes of a hard game seem challenging and fun, but having to face hardship for a long term will get you stress out and quit the game.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:03:08 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 04:53:51 AM »

You are mistaken. I am not a hardcore freak. I am telling Neji that the forest creature shouldn't keep messuring up to your strength.

Here an example scenario, you are at level 1 fighting level 1 creatures then "bam" you gain 10 HP, 1 attack & 1 defense from special events without leveling up. Will you, a level 1 player with level 2 strength defeat the level 1 monster easier? NO, because Neji made it so that the monster will messure up to your strength thus giving the level 1 monster the strength of a level 2 monster.

The enemy never matxhes my strength o.O If I slumber with no mount, I win easily. If i just seek with a mount I win without a problem. If I Thrill seek without a mount I lose about 200-300 Hitpoints. Search Suicidally I lose around 400 - 600 and on rare occasions up to 800.

And also I have (c)1100 hitpoints at level 1 while my opponent have anywhere from 100 - 300. So I can see already that they aren't equal to me, and this is thrill seek.

I personally don't have any problems... And I said without a mount so all you Kyuubi critics be quiet >>

If anything they probably have around the same attack and defense and ONLY the same attack and defense. But hey, make it easier. Then I can gain a DK every 20 minutes if I wanted to with help from Kyuubi instead of every 40 - 1 hour.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:00:55 AM by Xaos »

kurokikaze

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 10:52:54 AM »

first of all let me say that the idea of a fight against multiple enemy looks pretty interesting to me :d

Now let me reply to gyu. i agree with you about the academy students and how difficult is for them to gain levels. I think we all were acads once in our life and i remember needing a month to reach blue genin rank. I have friends now that are desperate 'cause they can't lvl up and begging me to help 'em. I hope they don't stop playing the game.

But... you know? As I said, i was and acad too, and i needed lots of time to lvl up and achieve a high rank, but look at me now, i didn't surrender and now i can obtain a dragon kill in two real days or less. I have 28 DK and it's getting impossible for me to pass the lvl one in one day (thanks to the rooster god that i have my mount) If you're having problems, then don't stay at lvl 15 and kill orochimaru.

Think about any rol video game. The only easy things that you'll encounter at the beginning is the tutorial or the first levels, when you're learning how to play, but a lot of them begins with a boss or something hard, and it stays hard until you reach high levels.

They have mega difficult bosses for high levels, that's right, and that's the only thing i would change from here. I don't mean to introduce a high rank boss or something like this. I'm refering to neji's idea, for example, i mean to make a little bit more difficult to "play" to the strong ones, and a multi fight is a great idea.

You know, i like hard games, those that makes me think and put all my effort in it. If a game isn't like this, i end it in a few days and i get tired of it. I don't like that kind of games, but i like Shinobi Legends
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:04:42 AM by kurokikaze »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 10:58:03 AM »

Ok,

I don't play the game myself, correct. But I am now provoked to make a test run to Genin or more, just to count the amount of newdays I need.
Also, you lose 6% of your experience on a PvP loss... that's nothing! Don't tell me you cannot gain that much with 10 or more forest fights _and_ specials_and_shops ... that's hard to believe.

You made over a million exp, and ... how were you able to? You said it's too hard...

Would you mind to name the "players" you "have seen being stuck" there? I have had no petition about this yet, and I get every little thingy petitioned here...
I still wonder why over 2k guys within this year were able to get a dk then... I don't know.
Also, why the hell aren't guys who constantly get killed in PvP look for a cityhouse of a Jounin and ask him for a room??? It is the most natural thing. Then they into the chest some rent and one stands guard...

Where is the problem there? --> Most guys play this like some ego-shooter, and I cannot help them  there if they don't ask.

About little me: I played this game a year on another server, also played on the first servers I made, I _know_ what balance is and can run calculations for you if you like.
I know very well I slumbered my way up to get level 15 weapon with 0 or 1 dk until I had enough money. And then after I bought a mount, I could really go "look for something to kill" ...

If there would be a poll, I can guarantee most say it's too hard... simply because they want to gain more stuff faster... it's normal for the majority to want stuff without effort.

I am of the same opinion as kurokikaze... a game needs to be hard... once you're through the first stages... it is getting more easy... but without knowing where to get what... you are basically too slow.

As far as I can remember, on some other games I need 35 game days to get to 1 dk... even more.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 11:24:19 AM »

Academt Students are annoying and being one is even more annoying. I have depend 100% on my mount, it dies, I die.

You made over a million exp, and ... how were you able to? You said it's too hard...

I think I have over 34.5 million exp now. I can even get chains of flawless suicidal with Gyururu. I am just saying that the first 10 levels as an academy student (especially when you don't have a mount yet) is too painful TT_TT

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 11:38:15 AM »

TEST:

"char mytester"

day 1
1st Level -> Getting level 4 weapon with starting gold
My first fight with this char:
~~ Flawless Fight! ~~
You receive an extra turn!
and after 5 flawless fights, they hurt me with 1 hp.

I fought both Ebisu and Iruka and won.  Still 6 turns left due to many flawless ones.

bought tapi boots as level 3 defense.

I lost now at level 3 in the first fight 3 HP...

then, ran into a level 4 monster, did hit "till the end" accidentally, and died lawfully.
also were too "until the end" at the graveyard and died too.

day 2
fought through it, no level gain.
slumbered halfway to level 4 and 600 gold won (gone to bank of course)

day 3
I slumbered farther, no level gain, but 427 gold and 2 gems found.

day 4
level 4 after a few seek outs.
then died (always seek out till the end)

day 5
slumbered all fights, lost 20hp in total

day 6
have not 2892 gold at the bank, bought a weapon
now:
Hitpoints   27/40

Turns   0
Attack   12
Defense   7+1
Spirits   Normal
Born as   Leaf

day 7
earned 900 gold
went to level 5

day 8
gained 400 gold
halfway level 6

day 9
(slumber) gained 800 gold
nearly level 6

day 10
(slumber) gained 1000 gold
almost dead level 6 (but I favor gold for exp now)

day 11
level 6
gained 600 gold and a gem...
bought gamakichi
have now almost 4k gold at the bank and 0 gems

day 12
had crazy audrey, now 5.5k at the bank

day 13
level 7
I usually lost 10-20% health in a slumber fight
gained 900 gold
bought level 12 armour

day 14
constantly hit "seek out till the end" and died of an level 8 enemy and had only 50% health
found 2 gems at shinigami
lost due to "till the end"

day 15
slumbered 1500 gold

day 16
slumbered 1000 gold

..... I never used justus and always hit "fight till the end" which was the only cause I died.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 11:49:07 AM »

Nice dairy Neji. Now translate those game days into real days and add in "life" and you get doomed as an academy student for a month or even more. Unlike other games, you wouldn't be able to level up your character as much as you want when you are free. Once your turns run out, you will have to wait for a new day and not everyone have that kind of leisure time on their hands.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

Nice dairy Neji. Now translate those game days into real days and add in "life" and you get doomed as an academy student for a month or even more. Unlike other games, you wouldn't be able to level up your character as much as you want when you are free. Once your turns run out, you will have to wait for a new day and not everyone have that kind of leisure time on their hands.

=) then... what is that "life"
... let's speak bluntly here.

You say "you get killed in pvp everyday" ... true, if you are not going to stay where it is safe or look for it. I can't help that.
then double the game days you need. You would triple them. No need to.

Also, I did slumber to get money... I was far slower than I could have been.

You simply suggest "beam up Acads faster" ... that's the only thing.
to translate your suggestions "give them more turns, more days, anything to make them level up in a much shorter time"

and sorry to be hard there, but I won't make it THAT easy for them like you want me to.
Never.

If you can level up easily, you get _even more_ bored.

Also, I imagine the 100 petitions a day "why do I lose exp when I die" ... "why has the gotten that much harder" ... etc.

I am not going to explain it.

kusunoshi

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 04:12:29 PM »

Speaking as an fresh Academy Student, I would say, at first glance, that the game is needlessy difficult at the lower levels.  Imbetween constant PVP slaughter (which I would rather endure, since I do win occasionally and I'm not willing to shell out to Ichhirakueverytime I want to log out) and not knowing my way around the game, I tend to feel somewhat lost.  I think things would be made easier (without any code tinkering) if newbs were simply told what they need to do.  So, how exactly can I get stronger without wasting my time in the forest?

Oh, and I don't think anyone is levelingup easy at low levels, Neji.  You don't have to worry about us being bored like that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.