Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The game is too hard  (Read 11329 times)

anbumiko

Re: The game is too hard
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 04:29:25 PM »

Speaking as an fresh Academy Student, I would say, at first glance, that the game is needlessy difficult at the lower levels.  Imbetween constant PVP slaughter (which I would rather endure, since I do win occasionally and I'm not willing to shell out to Ichhirakueverytime I want to log out) and not knowing my way around the game, I tend to feel somewhat lost.  I think things would be made easier (without any code tinkering) if newbs were simply told what they need to do.  So, how exactly can I get stronger without wasting my time in the forest?

Oh, and I don't think anyone is levelingup easy at low levels, Neji.  You don't have to worry about us being bored like that.

actually it always has been hard but its only the first step of the game
it gets easier and easier, if you die you die nothing can change that
ppl die its the natural order of things, and all you have to do is well get it all back
just takes time and patience

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

since I do win occasionally and I'm not willing to shell out to Ichhirakueverytime I want to log out) and not knowing my way around the game, I tend to feel somewhat lost.

if you don't want more safety, I cannot help you.

you have the nice blue window there stating what you should do next... it is a help.

So, how exactly can I get stronger without wasting my time in the forest?

"wasting your time" .. well, let me say that there is no shortcut to "power" ... as you all want power and are mostly willing to give only little effort... this is not my general idea. If you want to be someone, work  for it.

There are though many things that can help you little by little... and you need to discover them.

I am absolutely against a

-> day 1
go there, do that, then you have xx gold and yy gems..
->day 2

manual.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

anbumiko

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »

since I do win occasionally and I'm not willing to shell out to Ichhirakueverytime I want to log out) and not knowing my way around the game, I tend to feel somewhat lost.

if you don't want more safety, I cannot help you.

you have the nice blue window there stating what you should do next... it is a help.

So, how exactly can I get stronger without wasting my time in the forest?

"wasting your time" .. well, let me say that there is no shortcut to "power" ... as you all want power and are mostly willing to give only little effort... this is not my general idea. If you want to be someone, work  for it.

There are though many things that can help you little by little... and you need to discover them.

I am absolutely against a

-> day 1
go there, do that, then you have xx gold and yy gems..
->day 2

manual.

we all have to go through the process of the "hard" part sometime in the game and its the begining
good challenge  ;)

kusunoshi

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »

Perhaps I wasn't clear, and I apologize.  I don't want someone telling me exactly what to do.  But so far, I haven't heard anything except from what I can gleam from the forums.  Where is Orochimaru? How can I kill him?  How can I get a DK?  Why am I getting killed with weapons that aren't in the store?  The blue box tutorial thing was helpful, but I still think that people simply need more inifo about what is going on as they start.  Perhaps I'll change my mind once i get stronger, but...

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Okay, I've read long enough without adding in my input. Frankley, this thread is starting to sound like a kid that was told to go to his room without desert.

The game is supposed to be hard, who would play a game that requires you to just click unconciously? Boring.

I remember when I first started back in January I had a tough time myself getting to Genin, it was quite a good feeling when I did though. Look at me now, I'm a Master Hokage with 85 DK's, if the game was "to hard" I don't think I would of made it this far.

Having problems with being killed? What's the best solution? Do what I did and fork out the money to stay at the inn! Having trouble buying weapons/armor? Put money in the bank and gain interest! There's simple solutions to any problem you might face in this game, but if the problems weren't there, the game would turn sour pretty fast.

All this talk about challenge makes me want to start a new character.  :)
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 05:54:43 PM »

The blue box tutorial thing was helpful, but I still think that people simply need more inifo about what is going on as they start.  Perhaps I'll change my mind once i get stronger, but...

That's why the F.A.Q. is conviently located to the left.  ;) Also, ask a player who has been around for awhile, I'm sure someone will help you out.

Obey the moderator!

anbumiko

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »

The blue box tutorial thing was helpful, but I still think that people simply need more inifo about what is going on as they start.  Perhaps I'll change my mind once i get stronger, but...

That's why the F.A.Q. is conviently located to the left.  ;) Also, ask a player who has been around for awhile, I'm sure someone will help you out.

dude i still remember when you were a chunnin and i was a acad xD  :P
i remember we had partys, those were good old days -_-
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:59:11 PM by anbumiko »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 08:38:33 PM »

Just one thing... and I thought about it.

I will make one page that everybody will see when he creates a new char... a "what is this all about" and also "what can I expect here" ...

like general introduction here... it's what I thought of independently of these threads, even before them.

The thing is, I am not that fond of writing long texts (typical programmer disease) and therefore gave it low priority.
I'll write that today.
(my 3rd module in 7 days... and all I hear is: "I want clan avatars"... "I want kekkei genkai" ... "I want ... Neji to be a chick..."---hey! ^^)

Well, for the rest: the game is hard and will be... the jutsus kick (insert a word with 3 letters, the first one is the first letter in the alphabet and the other two are the same letter) currently, and therefore the balance is off... I am aware of that.
And it will be balance after the companions...

SinHarvest

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »

to tell you the honest truth......I just want the game to be harder, it took me two weeks to become a genin(without a mount) I thought the game was mocking me, so I stayed, tried to prove the game wrong, and I did, and I want it even more harder now :twisted:

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »

to tell you the honest truth......I just want the game to be harder, it took me two weeks to become a genin(without a mount) I thought the game was mocking me, so I stayed, tried to prove the game wrong, and I did, and I want it even more harder now :twisted:

Request acknowledged.

Soon, it will be hell on earth sometimes... believe me... without good companions, and 4 very strong opponents, you will be more than happy ^^ because, most damage jutsus... work..only... for 1 target :D :D no damage to the other opponents, and you cannot heal yourself except with items...

soon, very soon...

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »

"I want ... Neji to be a chick..."---hey! ^^)

I figured the Admin needed his own special rank. <.< >.> *hides again*

Obey the moderator!

SinHarvest

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »

Request acknowledged.

Soon, it will be hell on earth sometimes... believe me... without good companions, and 4 very strong opponents, you will be more than happy ^^ because, most damage jutsus... work..only... for 1 target :D :D no damage to the other opponents, and you cannot heal yourself except with items...

soon, very soon...
[/quote]
*drools out of the mouth* Yes, sounds super fun

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 09:48:40 PM »

Well, for the rest: the game is hard and will be... the jutsus kick (insert a word with 3 letters, the first one is the first letter in the alphabet and the other two are the same letter) currently, and therefore the balance is off... I am aware of that.
And it will be balance after the companions...

The jutsus kick all? o.O

Aw, I like my rai ninjutsu. =(

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2006, 09:52:59 PM »

the jutsus kick S ?  ^^
I'm back to SL !

ryushi

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »

I think the game should get harder too. I mean I'm only a Jounin and I killed Oro in like.... 3 game days!!!! It was cool and everything but I mean some people ( Xaos ) can get an Oro kill in a single game day!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.