Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The game is too hard  (Read 11330 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
The game is too hard
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:37:05 AM »

1) Academy Students take at least 3 game days to get 1 level up.

2) At low levels without a mount, you can die fighting a creature that's the same level as you even thou you have weapon (15) and armor (15).

3) 13 DK, level 1, 78 HP, attack 6 (no weapon), defense 7 (no armor) and I was killed by a level creature that only has 23 HP the moment my Katsuya ran out of rounds?!

4) Attack 63+94.5 and defense 54+62 at 8 DK, how is it possible for the forest creature to even harm a hair on me? I should be invulnerable.

5) It's impossible to go thrillseeking without a mount.

6) It's impossible to gain a level a day without thrillseeking.

7) It's impossible to get chains of flawless fights without Pakkun or Kyuubi.

8) Getting killed and losing a-hella-exp everytime you log out makes it even worse. And the closer you get to level 15, the worse it gets since we are not using total exp per level, but total exp per DK. Dying at level 12-14 can mean 1-3 days of leveling down the drain.

9) With the limited turns, it's impossible for players who can't play very often to advance in the game.

10) The game is too hard for beginners and too easy for the hardcore.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:42:56 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The game is too hard
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:44:47 AM »

=)

1. good, like it should be.

2. true, if you are invulnerable with 15-15 armour/weapon, I should close the server. fleeing should be an option

3. bad luck, also with 13dks the level 1 creatures _are_ much stronger than with 0dks...make sense...does it?

4. the stronger you are, the stronger the creatue, else it would be a bit boring, wouldn't it?

5. good

6. might be, normally I want to keep it at a slow pace

7. I don't see much harm in that, though I doubt that.

8.erm, yes, and where is the problem? you don't really lose 1-3 days normally... about 1 day at max, you do not lose _that_ much exp... the standard set is twice the current percentage to lose btw.

9. nope, I disagree. they simply level up slowly. normally, you SHOULD sleep in a dwelling at first and are killed not every day then. If acads don't seek for it, I can't help.

10. I also disagree on the first statement. Though after 50dks, it is easier than at first, correct.

Other opinions please.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: The game is too hard
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:03 AM »

Just saying that it's hard to get new players into the game because it's too hard as an academy student and too hard to keep players playing because it's too easy once you reach a certain DK. Which is not good for the server's future.

One more thing, I think the forest fight should only get harder from DK to DK. What's the point in getting stronger if the forest creatures are just going to messure up to your strength? There are event creatures if we want a fight that rivals our strength. I am God at my DK and I want to feel like one.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:17:11 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:51:16 AM »

Well, it's currently even easier with the new jutsus...

and also, we did not get that many players if it is too hard...

it is supposed to be hard... or do you like a game with a month worth of time, then having achieved everything and drop out?

I _like_ it that hard.

Also, we have two options for your level 15 demise:

a) I make the peer pressure module come true... then you _have_ to kill Oro at level 15 after a certain number of days

b) we leave it as is.

These are the choices. you are not supposed to stay there for eternity. A jounin does _not_ become stronger than a kage, remember. Or I could simply put in the hitpoint limits and atk/def limits... then you would be capped. Also no big deal.

What we need is not "making it easier for acads" but a small "what is this server, what does it do, what is the history" to tell them _why_ it is fun to play here and what the setup is... just as first entry.

These are my feelings, but I want to know what others think. you have 4999 registered other opinions probably.

ryushi

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »

1) Academy Students take at least 3 game days to get 1 level up.

2) At low levels without a mount, you can die fighting a creature that's the same level as you even thou you have weapon (15) and armor (15).

3) 13 DK, level 1, 78 HP, attack 6 (no weapon), defense 7 (no armor) and I was killed by a level creature that only has 23 HP the moment my Katsuya ran out of rounds?!

4) Attack 63+94.5 and defense 54+62 at 8 DK, how is it possible for the forest creature to even harm a hair on me? I should be invulnerable.

5) It's impossible to go thrillseeking without a mount.

6) It's impossible to gain a level a day without thrillseeking.

8) Getting killed and losing a-hella-exp everytime you log out makes it even worse. And the closer you get to level 15, the worse it gets since we are not using total exp per level, but total exp per DK. Dying at level 12-14 can mean 1-3 days of leveling down the drain.

9) With the limited turns, it's impossible for players who can't play very often to advance in the game.

10) The game is too hard for beginners and too easy for the hardcore.

I think it's great. I used to go thrillseeking without a mount. I get chains of flawless fights going suicidal! Iove the hardness of the game

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »

ryushi, don't quote if you are not going to give comment on what you quoted.

I think it's great. I used to go thrillseeking without a mount. I get chains of flawless fights going suicidal! Iove the hardness of the game

Your post doesn't make sense. thrillseeking without a mount and getting chains of flawless fights going suicidal means the game is too easy, not hard. You should have said, "I love how easy the game is," instead. >.>
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:17:53 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Aceman

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:40:39 PM »

1. True2, im slumming just to be sure i dont die, Look for a fight sumtimes leave me with nearly dead (IM talking about AS here btw)

2. Also True due to the same amount of HP we have against the monster/person

3. Rly Gyu? Nope, havent gotten that bad luck yet

4. Agrees with Neji on this one

5. At AS levels and lower levels yes, not really though if you use your specialty wisely

6. yeah probably true

7. No problem with that

8. Ok this is so true, Most people from my clans are stuck at those levels due to attack. Dwellings are the answer to help you out a little

9. I think the number of turns are fair enough

10. At my rank now, i have to agree its getting easier. being AS was the hardest part about this game, after you get a few DK, playing this game is kind of easy.

I Actually agree to the system of this game
Well think about this logically, An AS is the lowest rank in the naruto series, cause they're stuck with only basic ninjutsu/taijutsu/genjutsu, therefore it SHOULD be difficult for them to gain Exp and raise their level.

Besides, hard challenges is actually what keeps me from not quitting this game, i crave for hard challenges ^ ^
I say the stronger you get, the more stronger the enemy should be, not only cause of your DK

BUt it does get easier once your experience with this game, you Mostly know what things you'll do in every game day and stuff like that.

No No No NO wait Neji, dont make a rule saying you have to slay Oro at level 15, that wont be fun at all. Also dont limit the amount of HP, ATT n DEF a person staying in the same rank could get ( I just started staying at level 15 >.>).
People like rave master And Gyu are making this game more interesting since they could pawn people at higher levels (Yes they are my idol xD). Think of it as a creative or another perspective on how to play this game.

*Double checks for any slang words, Ok None xD*

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:36:32 PM »

Well, it's currently even easier with the new jutsus...

and also, we did not get that many players if it is too hard...

it is supposed to be hard... or do you like a game with a month worth of time, then having achieved everything and drop out?

I _like_ it that hard.

Also, we have two options for your level 15 demise:

a) I make the peer pressure module come true... then you _have_ to kill Oro at level 15 after a certain number of days

b) we leave it as is.

These are the choices. you are not supposed to stay there for eternity. A jounin does _not_ become stronger than a kage, remember. Or I could simply put in the hitpoint limits and atk/def limits... then you would be capped. Also no big deal.

What we need is not "making it easier for acads" but a small "what is this server, what does it do, what is the history" to tell them _why_ it is fun to play here and what the setup is... just as first entry.

These are my feelings, but I want to know what others think. you have 4999 registered other opinions probably.

1) I spent almost half a year to get Kyuubi no Gyururu to where he is now so please don't take him away from me.

2) Baluski is there to make sure than I wouldn't be able to beat Hokages, Master Hokages and Grand Hokages.

I have a question for you, Neji. What's the point in getting extra stat and best equipments in this game if it's not going to be of any help in leveling? (because the forest creature will be just as strong as you anyway, right?)

This is how I view the current forest fights...
Slumming=> For wasting your turn and time since you are going to lose more exp than you can earn from it after a whole gameday of leveling like this if you get killed by someone.
Seek out=> Erm...few more days of this and you will level up IF no body kills you.
Thrill Seeking=> The only way you can reach level 15.
Suicidal=> A waste of items, jutsu and mount for the same reward as Thrill seeking.

Based on my opinion, forest fights should be...
Slumming=> Monsters that you can easily get flawless fights on, but give no extra turns.
Seek out=> Monsters that messure up to your Level and DK.
Thrill Seeking=> Monsters that messure up to your current strength or stronger.
Suicidal=> Monsters that are stonger than you and challenging, but rewarding.

The current difficulty level of the game is too hard for beginners, fun for intermediate players and boring for a pro. Something should be done & not just smack it back at my face >.>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »

The current difficulty level of the game is too hard for beginners, fun for intermediate players and boring for a pro. Something should be done & not just smack it back at my face >.>

=) sounds like every game.

when you hop in, it's hard... then you know more, it gets better, once you are a pro, you laugh at some aspects.

I won't introduce "difficulty levels" how you want to have it, just to "balance" it...
and AS is a n00b ... so he plays like a n00b and uses much time for nothing...
etc
the list goes on.

I am still balancing stuff, so well, don't judge it by now. Imagine the "high powered" guys without a mount that gives 100% their attack... imagine them with only a companion *WHO GETS HURT* and they have to watch him.
and now here is a spoiler:

all guys above a certain DK rate will face not ONE enemy at a time, but may face MULTIPLE enemies at a time... so it will be _VERY HARD_ for them ...

you should simply _WAIT_ until I introduce stuff as I _HAVE SAID_ the game is currently too easy for higher dks (>5) as the jutsus rock and the mounts  to...

I appreciate feedback, but some points were mentioned countless times, and I am in the middle of a significant change.

Also, your definition of slumming and "look for an opponent" is right, but what do you do if somebody only puts his DK-points on forest fights... and none at attack... should he automatically stick at level 1 and never kill an opponent at a certain dk-level?
no, he has it only harder, but not impossible.

You have no real idea how _difficult_ it is to find a balance between "piece of a cake" and "too hard to even play"... we are not talking about "enemy attack = 5+5*dk" ... we are talking about different equations.

SinHarvest

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

Multiple enemies.....sweet, cant wait, but I see that problem, I was thrillseeking in the forest and lost to a 53 hp guy, I have 355 hp, I was mad.....but he got what was coming to him
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:46:18 PM by SinHarvest »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »

Multiple endings.....sweet, cant wait, but I see that problem, I was thrillseeking in the forest and lost to a 53 hp guy, I have 355 hp, I was mad.....buthe got what was coming to him

low hp is normally at high levels --> high atk/def.

the thing to neglect is normally the hp. the atk/def are much more severe.

SinHarvest

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »

Well, I have about 23 attack and 7 defense, but I always buy armor first

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:20 PM »

i dont have much to say but the game is just right. the only prob is that i dont seem to be killing my forest enemys easier and him hokage  :evil:
I'm back to SL !

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

Not true.

I'm getting flawless with enma ><
It's not always the mount. You have to take your own strength into consideration as well.

One more thing, I think the forest fight should only get harder from DK to DK. What's the point in getting stronger if the forest creatures are just going to messure up to your strength? There are event creatures if we want a fight that rivals our strength. I am God at my DK and I want to feel like one.
If you do that then I'll never be able to level anymore without Kyuubi >< The forest creatures are hard enough at the moment for me...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:33:25 PM by Xaos »

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 09:51:45 PM »

i tough that forest creatures did get stronger each dk.... well its kinda hard for me without a mount and speciality
I'm back to SL !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.