Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

which side do you lean mostly towards?

republican
- 8 (38.1%)
Democrat
- 8 (38.1%)
anarchist
- 3 (14.3%)
libertarian
- 2 (9.5%)
fascist
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: politics  (Read 6801 times)

asdfjkl

Re: politics
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »

democrats all the way. Lets go minorities!

opop

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 01:41:38 AM »

Ah I dont agree with democratic views : true

Am I repulican : No There are still flaws there.

What am i: Independent ( but i agree with the majority of the republican Ideals)

asdfjkl

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 03:29:52 AM »

^then your a republican :P lol You can't really decide which ideals are better until you've lived both sides, i've only lived on the bottom side of the food chain so i'm a democrat :PPPPPPPP

PyroPrinny

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 04:42:25 AM »

Republican, because Stephen Colbert says so.
>.>

opop

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »

^then your a republican :P lol You can't really decide which ideals are better until you've lived both sides, i've only lived on the bottom side of the food chain so i'm a democrat :PPPPPPPP
my freinde ive gone days without food i was so poor then my dad got so much work it wasnt funny then now we are middle clas.. lower

Also how can you live with saying you agree with abortion
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 04:45:15 AM by opop »

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 04:45:11 AM »

Republican, because Stephen Colbert says so.
>.>
I love Stephen Colbert!!! John Stewart is awesome too!!!

opop

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 04:46:08 AM »

and no idoto Im independant you cant understand that can you?

asdfjkl

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 05:38:52 AM »

i put the "lol" after my comment because it was a joke, not a statement. And i don't agree with abortion.
Also, i have learned that being an independent is pointless, the green party will never win lol So either vote democrat or republican, theres no middle unless you want to waste your vote. And after having a life where your dad worked all the time how can you agree with the republicans more? it's pointless to say that story if you agree with the republicans more. If that life experience really affected you then you would agree more with the democrats

opop

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 05:45:51 AM »

i put the "lol" after my comment because it was a joke, not a statement. And i don't agree with abortion.
Also, i have learned that being an independent is pointless, the green party will never win lol So either vote democrat or republican, theres no middle unless you want to waste your vote. And after having a life where your dad worked all the time how can you agree with the republicans more? it's pointless to say that story if you agree with the republicans more. If that life experience really affected you then you would agree more with the democrats
:ignore because i sound like a Idiot online
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 05:48:50 AM by opop »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 10:17:20 AM »

I agree opop, having an honest discussion online is rather difficult, which is why so many topics like these on other boards go down the drain so quickly.

As far as abortion goes, I don't "agree with abortion".  But that does not mean I am willing to impart my decision on another human being.  I would never encourage someone to have one, but if they made that decision (and I know women you have), then they are the ones that will have to live with it for the rest of their lives, not me.

As far as wealth being a meaningful factor in determing parties, take a look at Warren Buffet and many others.  Back in the 50s, it was pretty accepted that Republicans were for small government and Democrats were for big government and that that had an impact on personal economics.  Those days are long gone.  Both of the two main parties are responsible for excessive government growth, just in slightly different areas.  Well guess what folks, who foots the bill for government spending?  The taxpayers.  It does not matter who you personally voted for or which (of the two) parties got elected, the money will come out of your pockets one way or another.  Republicans may cut your taxes, but the costs for other things are going up.  It all balances out in the end.

As far as "being an independent is pointless", I just simply have to disagree.  I mean, I understand the spirit of you comment, I just cannot accept such apathy.  I have voted in 4 presidential elections (there, I have dated myself).  I have yet to vote for either a Republican or Democrat.  If everyone that wanted to vote for a third party but were afraid of wasting their vote actually did, a difference could be made.  No doubt about it.  We pride ourselves of having the best incarnation of Democracy in the world.  Yet, despite how it is portrayed by both parties, we have the narrowest representation.  Do you know how many viable political parties they have in the Japanese Diet (their Parliment) -or- the British Parliment?  More than 2.  And when no one party has a majority, they have to *GASP* compromise and form a Coalition.  Simply put, if we had more parties, we would have more effective representation and the populace would be better served as a whole.

Well, at least in my opinion.  Of course, knowing the age group of this forum, I doubt many will take the time to read all of that.  So it goes.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:18:28 AM by atomkai »

ryushi

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

my freinde ive gone days without food i was so poor then my dad got so much work it wasnt funny then now we are middle clas.. lower

I agree with abortion, womans choice >.>
I'm still very lower class and I still don't lve in the ghetto...... yet lol

opop

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »

I agree with abortion, womans choice >.>
I'm still very lower class and I still don't lve in the ghetto...... yet lol
I Beleive that no Human should have that choice ,yet how can the women live with themselves knowing this blows my mind how a

parent could do that. Its just the set of mInd people have in modern contrues. (for the most part

As far as "being an independent is pointless", I just simply have to disagree.  I mean, I understand the spirit of you comment, I just cannot accept such apathy.  I have voted in 4 presidential elections (there, I have dated myself).  I have yet to vote for either a Republican or Democrat.  If everyone that wanted to vote for a third party but were afraid of wasting their vote actually did, a difference could be made.  Well, at least in my opinion.  Of course, knowing the age group of this forum, I doubt many will take the time to read all of that.  So it goes.

I Edited the post to what im replying too.

On,ly reason I call myself Independant  because every year the two big canidantes (for most big elections President,Senat,yada yada) are REpublican or democrat. My vote could go to

Democrat if I liked how there track record was (probly not happening) If not I wouldn't vote for them Same with Republican. that when i look at the Independant parties.

And what does that I
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:28:16 PM by opop »

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »

I agree opop, having an honest discussion online is rather difficult, which is why so many topics like these on other boards go down the drain so quickly.

As far as abortion goes, I don't "agree with abortion".  But that does not mean I am willing to impart my decision on another human being.  I would never encourage someone to have one, but if they made that decision (and I know women you have), then they are the ones that will have to live with it for the rest of their lives, not me.

As far as wealth being a meaningful factor in determing parties, take a look at Warren Buffet and many others.  Back in the 50s, it was pretty accepted that Republicans were for small government and Democrats were for big government and that that had an impact on personal economics.  Those days are long gone.  Both of the two main parties are responsible for excessive government growth, just in slightly different areas.  Well guess what folks, who foots the bill for government spending?  The taxpayers.  It does not matter who you personally voted for or which (of the two) parties got elected, the money will come out of your pockets one way or another.  Republicans may cut your taxes, but the costs for other things are going up.  It all balances out in the end.

As far as "being an independent is pointless", I just simply have to disagree.  I mean, I understand the spirit of you comment, I just cannot accept such apathy.  I have voted in 4 presidential elections (there, I have dated myself).  I have yet to vote for either a Republican or Democrat.  If everyone that wanted to vote for a third party but were afraid of wasting their vote actually did, a difference could be made.  No doubt about it.  We pride ourselves of having the best incarnation of Democracy in the world.  Yet, despite how it is portrayed by both parties, we have the narrowest representation.  Do you know how many viable political parties they have in the Japanese Diet (their Parliment) -or- the British Parliment?  More than 2.  And when no one party has a majority, they have to *GASP* compromise and form a Coalition.  Simply put, if we had more parties, we would have more effective representation and the populace would be better served as a whole.

Well, at least in my opinion.  Of course, knowing the age group of this forum, I doubt many will take the time to read all of that.  So it goes.

Someone had said before don't bring religion into this and that person was right....and I will say this in a nice way don't bring other types of issues into here. This is politics, politics dealing with parties and what not....so lets try to stick to the topic =D.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:57:42 PM by ace »

Hyuuga Hiashi

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »

I'm a Minority but im a republican >.>

opop

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »

I'm a Minority but im a republican >.>
Yeah what he said made little since
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.