Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

which side do you lean mostly towards?

republican
- 8 (38.1%)
Democrat
- 8 (38.1%)
anarchist
- 3 (14.3%)
libertarian
- 2 (9.5%)
fascist
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: politics  (Read 6792 times)

ryushi

politics
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:21:59 AM »

I know they're not exactly all the same group but still pick.
I picked libertarian, had the idea of making the poll cause of a quiz I took on a dating sight  :P

atomkai

• View Profile
Re: politics
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 05:14:58 AM »

As with most things, I doubt many people would be 100% one or another.  Politics should never be an "Either, Or" scenario, as expressed by the Late Great Søren Kirkegaard.

I consistently vote Libertarian, though most "Republicans/Conservatives" would say I'm a 'liberal' (as if that, in and of itself, is a bad thing).
Thing is, Republicans & Conservatives are not the same thing.  You can be both at the same time, but it is not a requirement.

I am very much a REPUBLICan (State's rights, limited Federal involvement).
I have conservative elements to me as well.
Same with Democratic & Liberal elements.

A regular Political Hodge-Podge.

However, I am up to date on most issue that I deem to be important.

I also see, what most people are just starting to talk about, a political middle that is not there for cooperation, but due to laziness & greed. 
Most candidates on each side . . .  (too bad the US only has two viable parties, not much of a choice really) . . . are not very compelling.

Of all that have entered the US Presidential election so far, there are two that I find compelling strictly due to them truly offering something different than SS, DD.

Ron Paul from the Republican Party - A Libertarian that runs with an (R) next to his name because he recognizes how frightened the American public is of change.  A bunch of neo-phobes to be sure.  Very little chance to win the Republican Primary, though he has come in second (according to non-scientific polling) in each of the first two Republican debates.

Dennis Kucinich from the Democratic Party - the only Democrat that is not afraid to offer something different.  He has even less of a chance than Ron Paul.  Him & Edwards are certainly the most honest of the Democratic bunch.

ETA:  Wait a second, I picked Libertarian (and you said you did also, ryushi) yet it is showing one for Democrat & one for Libertarian?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:25:00 AM by atomkai »

ryushi

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 05:46:20 AM »

Although I don't go for either democrat or republican, I'm only 13 anyway, but I'd rather go with Ron Paul. Kuccinich wanted to take our 2nd ammendmant away, right to bear arms, but I like Ron Paul more anyway. I could lean toward any of the choices, besides facism although I'm sure not a lot of people would go for that but some leaders are really fascist behind what they put on for show. I don't like religous tie ins either, trying to train all the kids from the first day of school to think the same way, sickening in any way.

Elite Ryan

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 06:45:17 AM »

Democrat, d33d.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »

repub cuz my dad is a democrat :3

Abysss

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »

I hate politics, I don't trust any of them  :-?

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

Sometimes people running for President say one thing and do another. I don't like it when they do that, they like break your trust, but it really isn't happening right now, so everything is fine for me =D.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 09:18:16 PM by ace »

LeafToad

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 07:52:54 PM »

I don't know what most of those titles mean, so I'm a LeafToad. ._.

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »

You guys shouldn't bring politics into this forum  :P
I'm back to SL !

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »

@Shukaku

I don't think anything bad can happen. I mean we are not saying bad things.......Most people here know their limits. Plus there are many political websites which express people's opinions. All we need to make sure is that we don't get carried away. So Shukaku you are kind of right.

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 09:26:54 PM »

The problem is no about if something bad hapends, i just think people already argue with each other a lot, and politic is almost like religion  :P there's no end in it.
I'm back to SL !

Abysss

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 09:34:36 PM »

The problem is no about if something bad hapends, i just think people already argue with each other a lot, and politic is almost like religion  :P there's no end in it.

And also like religion , there is lots of back stbbing and people are killed because of it   :(

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »

Lol , now don't bring religion please  ;)
I'm back to SL !

ryushi

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »

And also like religion , there is lots of back stbbing and people are killed because of it   :(

I could argue about religion all day long, my friends at chool get on to me because they're so down to their christianity, but we should really steer away from that. No telling where we could end up..........

My mom's a republican so I thought about going for that a while and then I started thinking for myself after I turned 11. I was such a stupid little kid :|

Abysss

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 09:39:06 PM »

Lol , now don't bring religion please  ;)

I didn't bring it , you did :P, and I'm not directing a specific religion anyway :/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.