Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ability to remove hotkeys  (Read 3530 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Ability to remove hotkeys
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:03:22 AM »

I'm getting pissed off at Hotkeys, since i've been playing this damn game, i've made so many errors with my idiotic keyboard breaking down.

Recently, i'm thrown around 200 gems [accumilated] at Hanzaki to run away from the extremely weak guy.

It's pissing me off that I press "R" to return to the village, and my stupid computer lags, making me press it again and the event being loaded there.

So, I was wondering if it were possible to adjust or remove certain hotkeys so I dont have to keep pressing the mouse.

Instead of "F" for forest, I could change it to "T" or "1".

Something along those terms, why?

Because I enjoy customization to great extents, and I know a lot of people make mistakes like me, and don't start saying "Well, use the mouse" because sometimes, you can click on the same damn thing where the previous option was.

IceSlayer

Re: Ability to remove hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 04:06:28 AM »

Unfortunately I don't think it would be as simply as you think it may be, removing hotkeys may be possible, but customising them I doubt.
But I know how you feel, which is why I click if I want to be safe.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:09:59 AM »

I understand the possible difficulty of editing Keys as such. Games such as diablo, warcraft, etc. All have their hotkeys and they had a customization, so I felt it was possible we could have it here too.

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »

I have to agree with rai. =/

Although, it will be nearly impossible. Or at least a lot of work to figure out wich keys exactly to use. It would help a lot, if we used keys that are not used in the forest, so we make no errors.

IceSlayer

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 04:16:46 AM »

Well from the way I see it done on here, I think it would be a whole lot of work to make it customizable, and I really don't think anyone would want to waste time on something of little importance like that.
Switching them off however could be possible, but it would still be a core edit and Neji really doesn't have time for things like that either.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 04:23:05 AM »

True, true. Hmm. Any solutions except mouse-clicking?

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 04:24:11 AM »

Well from the way I see it done on here, I think it would be a whole lot of work to make it customizable, and I really don't think anyone would want to waste time on something of little importance like that.
Switching them off however could be possible, but it would still be a core edit and Neji really doesn't have time for things like that either.

It's obvious when you state it like that. A possible edit in the preferences would suffice. However, then comes the system itself.

IceSlayer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:27:26 AM »

Yes an edit in the Prefs like, use hotkeys? Yes|No would work, but it still would require a lot of work to make that, not just change one or two lines of code.
And a Customizable system... not sure even how you would be able to do it... Guess it could be possible, but again, way too much work for something of little importance.
So for now all I can say is click away Rai!

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 04:30:22 AM »

Sunovawutchamacallit, that's certainly going to make me feel like a stupidiotic person >_>;

Nevertheless, i'll keep this open for others to comment what they feel.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:33:39 AM by RaifudoMakashi »

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:56:27 AM »

with the hotkeys, the only time I really make mistakes, is in multienemies fights, I accidentaly click twice the "h" Hot key for Thrillseeking to the end, and I accidentally use a jutsu.
Could it be possible just to remove the hotkeys of the Jutsu?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »

Perhaps, but I tried using the mouse, I still kept messing up..!

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 03:31:51 AM »

Unless I am mistaken (which is certainly possible) - it would essentially be having a different and/or customizable hotkey profile FOR EACH USER.  I am not sure of all of the ramifications of doing this (time spent) or implementing this (server implications).  I requested a "standardized" layout between all of the villages so that "G" always meant "Gardens", etc. (any shop/venue shared between MOST villages would be standard between all).

ETA:  Also, aren't Diablo & Warcraft loaded onto your system via disk and you only interact online?  I mean, disk based games are customizable because they load when you launch the game and it is a profile that is stored locally on your computer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:34:08 AM by atomkai »

IceSlayer

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »

Well the way the hot keys are set in a LoGD is when you create the link, so you use the function, and you can select the hotlink, or just have it pick the first available hotlink left from the name, however if something is linked in first if the chosen Hotkey, it will then choose the next one.
eg. Link to the Gardens, Create a link called 'Gardens' and choose the 'G' as the Link, this will create the link,
'Gardens'
However, say a link is created before this called 'Guard Tower', the Gardens would become, Garden.
Now these links are set when you create a module etc, so I make a module called Gardens, I set the link at that time, same link for everyone.
Now it could be possible for the module or whatever to check 'does the user have a set preference for this link, set it as that, else set it as the default, however, this would create the need for every player to have space set aside to save all these Preferences, and, the worse part, for every link created you would have to check if the user has a pref, if the user has a pref you then have to go find that pref, load etc...
Now think of how many links you see per page on average, and think all the extra strain this would cause on the server.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

Alright.

Well, I can do an overall "disable/enable hotkeys" in the preferences. That's not that big a deal (from what I recall).

Custom ones... are virtually impossible. I could only check "by text" ... which means "Back to the Gardens" and "Return to the Gardens" is different. I would have to edit *every single location* to make them all the same. Then again, you cannot distinguish "when in the gardens in town xyz" and so on.
Per Player is ... not possible.
Diablo does *not* have that many action bars. It has a set of certain actions you can do, that's it. Hotkeys here are assigned for each and any navigation you have. The text is not standardized.

I can try (in a module) to overrule random hotkeys (as they are normally assigned) and SET hotkeys ... however, if that hotkey is already assigned, another random one kicks in (letter-by-letter).
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »

Well Rai's original request is clearly not possible,as for the disable/enable hot-keys i see it as 100% useless due to the fact that if a person doesn't want to use hot-keys at all he will simply go by clicking with or without the option of hot-keys being there,therefor i see it as a useless waste of neji's or the staff's precious time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:11:54 PM by fiftyuzumaki »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.