Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roleplay Mandatory?  (Read 4317 times)

Kyoshiro

Roleplay Mandatory?
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »

How's it going? Been a member of this site for a long while. Last night I was on and talking to a friend of mine in water country. It was a normal conversation, with no cursing or any real inappropriate language. However we were then told by three different people that villages were pretty much role play oriented. Now as long as I've been around that hasn't been the case. You can role play, but you're not required too. Role playing is not even in the rules, or the FAQ for that matter, when they're both what needs to be read. You have the right to talk freely, within reason. We were then reported by three different people to a staff member. All because of what I assume was because we weren't role playing. Not disturbing anything as we were talking to each other. Oh and me calling her a cougar as a joke. No sexual comments. Just calling her a cougar. Real evil. Was there something I missed? Hyuugan pretty much threatened to mute me and her, we never were, and said something about banning her as she was just trolling when curious why this was allowed. Explain to me what I missed please.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Mandatory?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »

Not to mention, when confronted on this, it was never really clarified, only that because 3 people reported it, the staff member couldn't just ignore it. Instead of investigating further, I believe this was just a simple, 3 against 2, so the majority rules. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just curious as to how this is a new and enforced rule.

Here is the rule stated:

2. Be nice to each other. Harassment, stalking and other such things will not be tolerated. Your freedom ends when another players freedom is harmed, basically. There is no catalog on what exactly is covered, but a fine invention called 'commonsense' should give you a few hints on what is allowed and what not.

So, according to that rule, after being blasted by people, are we not the victims? We were merely involved in friendly conversation. Nowhere in the rules does it state that roleplaying is mandatory, which, was our offense according to other people.

I don't like being threatened by a ban. And then to have my subject and complaints mundane. I will gladly post the entire staff conversation I had.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »

Like you said, roleplaying isn't mandatory. It is "encouraged," but not roleplaying isn't a bad thing either. If you weren't cursing or harassing other people, then I don't see what the problem is. Maybe the other people were offended by what you said? But honestly, that's their problem and not yours if the term "cougar" offends them that much. -__-"   People get way too serious with the RP stuff sometimes and forget that this is a game and it's okay to just have fun. >_<

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »

I completely agree. We said damn or hell once or twice, but likewise, it's not censored, and hasn't been for 8 years. I'm pretty sure that if there were complaints about it, the words would be censored. I've seen the censor list and I know how it works. So it's certainly not hard to modify to the likings of the public.

It happened at like, 1am-2am est. Or whatever. Or just an hour and a half ago.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »

The only reason I could think you could really even think of punishing someone for this, is if they were deliberately interrupting the role play.

But seriously, We can just talk and chill and do whatever, I do it all the time, especially in the gardens.

My only advice is if people are taken part in serious role play in the village, made take it to the gardens, or just kind of RP your discussion, but meh, I wasn't there to judge.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:18:46 AM »

Just about. Nobody was there. We were in the middle of the night, and she randomly came in with some other kid and was all LOLHIILIKETOCOMPLAIN and it happened from there.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »

Gotta hate that.

I remember one night some peeps were RPing in Suna, and someone came and was messing round, so like 4-5 people complained, and I asked her to stop.
She wasn't doing anything wrong though so I couldn't stop her, and ended up joining her! lol

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »

Perhaps your conversation would've been better kept to Private Messages? As the conversation only included two to three peers (the third possibly an alt of one of the previous) and seeing how the content within was absolutely ludicrous (no hard feelings), the casual speech utilized once in the site's golden days has as you had probably already realised, aggravated the plentiful more serious players into defending the site's reconstruction onto a role-play-based foundation from being toppled (or so to speak).

Admit it, sometimes it's better for the old to leave for the sake of making way for the new, just like how Cheese TV left Channel Ten in the hands of Toasted TV (the shift was disastrous, though it's an accepted change nowadays). You would've most likely been left alone if you had chatted using your 'main' accounts, instead of substituting the previous with mere Academy Students (When I saw the dialogue I was like: ...what?).

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »

Yeah, those people seem to be simply ignorant. I mean it wasn't a bad conversation at all, and yes it was meant for PM's, but the villages need to chill every once-in-a-while, so I thought it was fine. Though, why Hyugan threatend you, was probably because of the previously mentioned, he didn't take the time to read the posts, instead he just got three complaints about the both of you, so he just simply threatend you.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »

Perhaps your conversation would've been better kept to Private Messages? As the conversation only included two to three peers (the third possibly an alt of one of the previous) and seeing how the content within was absolutely ludicrous (no hard feelings), the casual speech utilized once in the site's golden days has as you had probably already realised, aggravated the plentiful more serious players into defending the site's reconstruction onto a role-play-based foundation from being toppled (or so to speak).

Admit it, sometimes it's better for the old to leave for the sake of making way for the new, just like how Cheese TV left Channel Ten in the hands of Toasted TV (the shift was disastrous, though it's an accepted change nowadays). You would've most likely been left alone if you had chatted using your 'main' accounts, instead of substituting the previous with mere Academy Students (When I saw the dialogue I was like: ...what?).

So.... Because Lebis died and no new day was even close, I'm going to get bitched at for making a new one, which multiple accounts are definitely allowed, to simply talk to someone else there?

Whether the conversation was intelligent or ridiculous, there is no rule stating that it is prohibited. There are designated areas where roleplay takes place. If someone is so concerned about poor little water country getting polluted, why is it us that have to worry about bending backwards for them? Could the conversation not have been ignored? It's certainly the most mature option available.

And it wasn't even a threat. He straight up said, you've been muted and no warning will be issued. And then he said I was banned on Nyris. From what I'm aware, he logged off 20 minutes later after calling my complaints "mundane" when all I was was curious as to see their logic. As a moderator, you complete the task at hand.

Edit; Oh. Apparently, as stated by Hyu, the alt was made simply for the act of trolling? Alright. The first comment I made on Lebis Trololololololol after I saw the newest character. Because it's what Blue and I do to each other now. I can see someone saying i was trolling on Lebis, and not Nyris.

Here's the conversation between the staff member. I'll explain how I interpreted each one as it sent:

~~~

Then what are the other variables? I'm curious. People put in general discussions that they want a roleplaying community to become mandatory?

---Original Message from Legendary Hyuugan(2011-04-17 05:55:46)---
Yeah it would be silly if that were the only component to the situation.

---Original Message from Academy Student Nyris(2011-04-17 05:51:25)---

So.... Let me get this right. my main dies, and can't make a multi account, which is permitted in the rules, mind you, to talk to people who are still alive? I find that to be silly, if you ask me.

---Original Message from Legendary Hyuugan(2011-04-17 05:49:46)---
I don't have time to deal with these mundane situations, sorry I have to go.

A ban will be issued to this account, seeing as I view it to be made simply for trolling purposes and has just been confirmed by you right now. I will have to do something further if you continue with this. <- I never admitted to trolling.

Yes I know, we need change but I don't see anything happening in the near future as the people who play the game are the ones who are supporting it. <- Change is the finalization of enforcement. You can enforce the rules that are set, not some rules that you think sound like a good idea. If Oliver hasn't approved it, then it's not a rule.

---Original Message from Academy Student Nyris(2011-04-17 05:44:46)---

then maybe you need to read the rules too. And actually clarify to people like that that normal conversation is allowed. And if that's truly the case, then Neji needs to change those rules. Not some halfassed groups formed by underground roleplayers and company.

I honestly can't believe that you, of all people, are actually bending to that.

---Original Message from Legendary Hyuugan(2011-04-17 05:42:25)---
Of coarse I remember you. Tiff, I think.

There was like 3 petitions sent in so I can't just ignore them, sorry. -3- <- So because people are complaining about them, you immediately have to take their side, since majority rules?

---Original Message from Academy Student Nyris(2011-04-17 05:40:54)---

You don't remember the merry Lebis who hates everyone? ): <- Said from the Hello? as if he was confused who I was.

---Original Message from Legendary Hyuugan(2011-04-17 05:39:33)---
Hello?

Sorry you have been issued a mute as well as Shin, seeing as you know who I am you should know the basic rules beforehand. As such, no warning will be issued.

---Original Message from Academy Student Nyris(2011-04-17 05:37:29)---

HYUUUUU.

~~~

So I don't rightly understand the situation, and why we made some major offense. As for the rules, are they not the ones who threatened our freedom? Explicitly stated in rule number 2. Your freedom ends when another players freedom is harmed, basically.

Not once did we go against the rules. We read them up and down, back and forth, when this whole thing happened.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:02:49 PM by Lebis »

Discord - Vyloria#9279

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 10:22:50 PM »

Yeah, those people seem to be simply ignorant. I mean it wasn't a bad conversation at all, and yes it was meant for PM's, but the villages need to chill every once-in-a-while, so I thought it was fine. Though, why Hyugan threatend you, was probably because of the previously mentioned, he didn't take the time to read the posts, instead he just got three complaints about the both of you, so he just simply threatend you.

Or... you could violating the 2 rule:

2. Your freedom ends when another players freedom is harmed, basically.

You, in my opinion, have harmed their freedom, they did nothing wrong really. Nothing in the rules to stop them.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »

So we are the ones who caused it? When we minded our own business, when nobody else said anything for almost 2 hours prior, kept to ourselves, and didn't say anything until everything started happening? I never said we were attacking them, we just want to understand. The second rule is actually relating to the staff member involved. If no proof can be supplied, no warnings are issued, and no fight really happened, how are we the ones who did wrong? We did not blow up or explode on the two other players involved. We simply asked why they thought that. They never replied. Even though we agreed to gladly listen if evidence was provided.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 10:32:22 PM »

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »

Ice, if people are talking and someone shows up and says "YOU CAN'T TALK HURR THIS IS MY ROLEPLAYING ZONE GTFO" then said asshat is the one removing freedom. It's not the people they're ragging on.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »

Ice, if people are talking and someone shows up and says "YOU CAN'T TALK HURR THIS IS MY ROLEPLAYING ZONE GTFO" then said asshat is the one removing freedom. It's not the people they're ragging on.

Especially when there are designated areas for said roleplay. It's just frustrating as to why this even happened. I mean, seriously, gtf over yourself.

Discord - Vyloria#9279
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 15 queries.