Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Kekkei Genkai Switch  (Read 16278 times)

Arpax

Kekkei Genkai Switch
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »

I searched for this but nothing came up so I figured that I would post it. Either way, I feel as though since there are new Kekkei Genkai's coming out constantly, the people who started out with them from the beginning should have a chance to switch. Its just that when they first came out, there was limited choices, and now with the choices every growing. It would be nice for us to have a better opportunity to switch. Because truthfully if I was making my first choice now, I would have done it differently.Maybe for a lot of Dp or a one time switch. Or even taking away some resets, so that everyone is on equal footing.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Kekkei Genkai Switch
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:13:58 AM »

Sounds okay, but I don't see it happening. Probably a price, like two for one.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »

This should be limited to one reset in any foreign Kekkei Genkai:

You Arpax, are a Grand Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku. If you wished to reset in a Sage Art for example, you would need to sacrifice two of your existing resets in order to receive one in a SA; however stacking should not be permitted, in my perspective (i.e. using your other two resets {should you decide to exchange 2 for 1} to progress another level in a Sage Art {2 resets in a SA at the expense of your previous 4).

FullMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »

agreed. This way we can try out the genkai and decide for ourselves which ones we want. the wiki gives basically little information on how the genkai actually acts.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »

First Post Ever =D , the wiki actually does give all the information needed to know about the KG's, the learning experience is up to you. Although it currently gives no information about the newly implemented KG's., which I'm sure they are in the process of making that happen for all those who never tried the test server and are curious.

I also agree about the non-stacking of KG's if the exchanging is enabled.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »

Hi new person! *Waves*

Anyway, about the wiki page... yeah I'm meant to be writing that up for them, just don't have time until the weekend probably. I have 3 assignments dues this Friday.

Arpax

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »

I just think that since we started out with the first rests, that we should have a better chance to choose what we like. There was only three things when we first chose and now its become even more progressive.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »

I have thought about this as well, because when KG first came out, it's not like everyone had the mindset of "oh, I will wait for the next three or four years and see all the KG that trickle out so that I may wisely make a decision."  Also, with the initial enticing limited offer of stacking depending on how many DK's you had, most of us went for the only options available at the time.

A switch option would be nice, but like everyone else mentioned, a steep price would be good.  Much like how the name change system is at least 5000 dp overall, this should be something along those lines.

Perhaps cost 2000 dp as a base, and another 1000 for each stack that you wish to exchange. And on top of that, after you've done it once, it can go up in price. So for instance:

Say I had 3 stacks in Uchiha and I wanted to switch it to Hyuuga, it would cost me 2000 as a base, plus another 2000 for the 2 stacks on top of it. So it'd switch my Master Uchiha status to Master Hyuuga. And then say after that, I want to switch say... a Gai of the Lotus to Warlord of the Kaguya, it would then cost 3000 (because the base would go up since you have already used the KG switch once before) + 1000. 

I have no idea if that made sense, and that was just a rough thing I just kind of formulated in my head right now, but I don't know if this helps or not. The reason behind the making the base go up after each time you use the switch function is to discourage people from switching willy nilly.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »

Something like that could work, just have to make sure it has a built in thing to stop you getting both Hyuuga and Sharingan or something lol!

But I like the idea of having it DP based.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »

So basically you can only change your present KG(s) to another contained within the same category, right?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »

That makes no sense at all, what would be the point?

This is to change from older ones, to the new ones.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »

I like the DP based idea as well, I understand what purple was getting at about the increased base DP price also.

Add another load to Ice's work! Just joking, but even so, by the time this does get implemented, (IF it does) people will have already obtained their 4th or 5th reset in Sage Arts. I know someone who is dedicated at the moment and is almost at their 2nd.

I don't see a reason to do so now.

Arpax

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 04:12:04 PM »

Well even still, it would still be something to think about for people who have made it to higher mediums of something and have had thoughts about going a different direction in their Kekkei Genkai lives.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:21 PM »

Perhaps then the Sage Arts should be kept off limits, or are at least unstackable., to be fair with those who've just recently reset.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking, at least for a while until the people who reset into them get their chance to stack them first.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.