Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15255 times)

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »

Well if not the Kage, I at least believe trust worthy people from each respective village that RP are what's needed. So every village has their own close to 24/7 GM.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

The Eleventh Doctor

• Humany Womany
    • View Profile
    • http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:52 AM »

Well if not the Kage, I at least believe trust worthy people from each respective village that RP are what's needed. So every village has their own close to 24/7 GM.
I also believe someone trusthworthy should be the GMs. Each village should pick one or two members of their village.. But I believe that there should be somewhat of a test.. To see if the people know what the rules are. Basically make sure they are not ignorant to RP or Rules of SL. They should possibly have the ability to mute people who are harrassing, causing issues, ect. Just from the village chat not anywhere else.
Possibly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:29:46 AM by The Eleventh Doctor »
Check out my SL avi edits
http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/

Renji Nakara

• Anyone for a snowball fight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »

I like the thought of having actual GMs that do more than say a few things in PM, as earlier stated. The thought of GMs that Roleplay with us and keep peace is nice.. They could set rules to be followed so that people can be nice to one another and not troll as people do in HQ often. There is no reason for rudeness, SL is a great game and there should be more people there to keep peace. I believe at times, OOC is a good thing.. But in clan halls or in PM. In actually villages it should be strictly in character RPing.

GMs, there should be multiple people trained to know what is correct and what is wrong so that we can have a smooth flowing RP enviroment. When people come in and in the middle of a RP fight or a RP and start talking about.. "Skyrim" or something of the sort. It causes irritation within the RPing community at times. Like I said, OOC is okay, but keep it to.. Pm or in clanhalls. Something along those lines.

This is only my opinion. But I agree with this thread. Thank you.

I agree with the above, even if there is a problem with godmodding or so, it should be discussed through pm so as to not clog up roleplay for others or to just break the flow with endless OOC posts and arguments.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 09:11:50 AM »

A test to determine GMs sounds nice and correct to me.Yet there is a light problem..do we have rules? I mean..sure we all know it should be like:
-No godmodding
-No Metagaming
-No Autohitting
-No Cybering
-Stay in character,this is no open chat.
-Keep cursing and gore to a certain limit
-Be literate as possible means write more then one line if possible,yet do not describe every dust particle.
-Respect each other
-Respect the ideas of others,if you want respected,means do not be mean to someone just cause he/she plays a demon.
-Take OOC to pms

I think those should look like that.
After all we can not change it anymore that SL has..Nekos,Werewolves and so on. People who disrespect such players ,will find themselves disrespected sooner or later.Hell,this is not a rule but an actual fact...Sad to say the least.Maybe i am too serious..maybe not...

RareUchiha

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »

Various informal game masters exist and are acknowledged as such. People to whom others come to in order to check if something is modish and what not. I would be one of them, though not quite of an extent Rai is.
The one reason, and one reason alone, why I think we need "officials" is because some people simply won't listen to reason and will go "well who are you to tell me how to rp?" regardless of the arguments you bring to the table.

Personally, I suggest at least 2 or 3 gm existed. One person can't always be right and there are always two sides to something.

Well, if such a thing existed, I'd strongly recommend Rai for such a job.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »

Let's face it,the Naruto univers is not fully thought through,so one might come to odd situations when ..let's say a Bijuu is facing a demon?
What is the norm and what is not,where lay the limits? How to determine those limits if words is the only thing we have?
I find it kind of difficult to determine the speed,of others...And then i find it funny...when people say the are as fast as light...

Not only the lack of roleplaying GM is the problem but also that people have no actual limit to base their characters on.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »

There shouldn't be anything boast-worthy in SL... although there's always somebody who does just that and refuses to lose that which grants them their [despicable] identity.

But anyway, somebody needs the fill the [overly-smelly] shoes of the Game Moderator, ever since Tracey 'left' anyway. At the very least a couple of moderators whom I had thought departed from SL altogether have returned... not that anything's necessarily changed though.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »

I rather like the idea of GM's that RP as well... What better way to use such resources than someone that actively RP's on a daily basis and is known to the public. I fully support this idea
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

RareUchiha

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »

Let's face it,the Naruto univers is not fully thought through,so one might come to odd situations when ..let's say a Bijuu is facing a demon?
What is the norm and what is not,where lay the limits? How to determine those limits if words is the only thing we have?
I find it kind of difficult to determine the speed,of others...And then i find it funny...when people say the are as fast as light...

Not only the lack of roleplaying GM is the problem but also that people have no actual limit to base their characters on.

And THAT is the reason we NEED GM. Demon other than bijuu? lolol

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »

A demon can be a cruel, evil, or destructive person or thing, it isn't limited entirely to bijuu alone (which although are indeed manifestations of chakra, may also be referred to as 'demons').

Anyway, the people want a GM, will Neji grant us a 'Saul' in return?

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »

Oh you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy deep down  in my toes.

Anywho, active Game Masters doing what the game master legit description is would be enjoyable. Not to mention uhh... with Ice out of the way and everything, and considering we already allow Kayenta GM for when she does Chuunin affairs, why not have game masters implimented in the roleplay of SL? Not like they can even do anything like moderators can.

OF COURSE~. Who exactly would you guys recommend as Game Masters? Keep in mind the people I'd trust with the position... kinda -are- the kages.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »

There are a lot of  good points here.

As for being a GM, with the powers that I have been granted, they stand as the ability to post without my name being attached to the talk line. Period. They did not come with the ability to delete posts of other people, handle petitions or to look into areas that are otherwise closed to the general public other than the Moderator Grotto. Meaning I can't peek into dwellings, read PMs or have huge portions of text displayed all on one page rather than having to back page several times to read the whole event. And this works wonderfully for my purposes.

I lean more toward the DnD definition of a GM, personally. I see this position as someone who narrates or leads others through an RP adventure of sorts. It has been something I have been doing since coming here. I would start an RP and, whoever showed up, would then lead the players through the event. I especially enjoyed things where the players came up against NPCs I would generate to act as the antagonists. Back then the only people who died were the NPCs and we all seemed to have fun throughout.

I do not see the GM as a true participant in the event where it is GM against the players in a struggle to see who will win. I believe it is the responsibility of the GM to ensure that all participating players of an event get a chance to shine and enjoy themselves. It is not GM against the players where the GM attempts to win and kill everyone.

Should GMs have the ability/ right to discipline other players: delete posts or use a ban hammer to mute a particularly offensive and combative participant in an OOC wall?

I am uncertain. I understand how it would be nice when that bad thing happens and ruins all the fun causing people to walk away from the RP or log out that it could be useful. On the other hand, I am uncertain that it is necessary for anyone but full fledged Moderators to carry the ban hammer and text deletion function. I would rather see the GMs as the 'in the field moderator' and leave the disciplinary actions to the official mods.

I too have been called in over the years to read an rp or zone fight and give an opinion on the actions of others. It is something I personally find irritating when this involves seasoned vets because I feel at this stage of the game each person should have the wherewithal to behave themselves and act like they know something. And because they do know a thing or too? I find the seasoned veteran much more resistant to the ruling of others due to years of investiture in their character's make up and sometimes the presence of  ego, for after all "I am no noob" is a regular reaction to the criticism received. It is much easier to moderate new players because they stand at a position knowing they need guidance on how game play works here.

I strongly feel that people of diverse character origins, Vampires, Demons, Mikos and the like, should basically be left alone. And this is not to pick on any one person, this is just an instance that I recall...probably not with enough accuracy either. But, how is it any more fanciful to have a demon running around...since the Oni do exist in Japanese folk lore from which Naruto derives an overwhelming amount of basis...than to have an warrior have his consciousness placed into a mechanical body over and over again after each 'body' has been destroyed?

Provided that such 'other-worldy' constructs are played within the general RP guidelines of combat [no all powerful moves that can never be avoided] I do not see the harm in having them here. We have been playing with them for ages and it saddens me to see these old accounts vilified. Such actions exclude a large number of our members from RP participation. I am totally against exclusion.

Additionally. I do not think that the GMs should be the village Kages. They have enough to do running the village, or the SHOULD have enough to do running the village. And as stated before, these positions are subject to change. A GM should be a person who will continue to RP as a GM regardless of their own character's role in the realm. And it is also true that sometimes idiots are made Kages and everyone hates them. Not a good bio for a GM.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:16:41 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »

Oh Kay-Kay. You also make me feel warm and fuzzy deep in my toes. And as always, you manage to make everything that's been said, put it in a neat little format, and cause me to want to sit down in a student's desk and take notes while someone in the back shoots spit wads at the teacher's pet's head.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »

Why all this :?:

I mean, it just feels like bickering back and forth. I mean we can talk about GM's and Mods all we want, but when it usually comes down to it: Not enough, or never active.

All honesty, we just need one or two people that are active and sees both sides of the road instead of one. But hell, our mods don't show their faces like they used to years ago. I remember Kboogi and the crew causing  chaos and rp across the boards. It's just something you don't see anymore. All it is is ooc's like we're children.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »

Well,...i attempted to read through it all,but do not expect me to keep this all within my head.

I think we pretty much agree that we want GM.
We want ACTIVE GM.
GM that have a LOW EGO.
GM that actually ROLEPLAY.

I personally would also like them to narrate the rp a bit. I love it when someone comes up with a random story,whether it be random bandti killing or not.But be honest to role-play on your own through out a story is boring. It is more fun if someone plays the 'enemy
 The GM could help here.The GM could make stuff more interesting
And yes,let's not have the Kage as GM ,they will change during the game and lose their rank....would this make them lose the GM powers as well?
Some Kage are also not..this good..i mean...who would like a GM/kage who godmods,autohits ,kidnaps Suna nin and attempted to attack and damage Suna whilst saying he is still allied to the village?
I simply hope no one gets the reference.... xD

However...(I am sure i wanted to say something)

This demon thing...I can not understand why EVERYONE seems too complain about it. In the Japanese mythology there are neko-like beings. Many different kind of demons and devils and evil spirits.
Bijuu are indeed just a ass of chakra with personality. Evil spirits are a mass of energy with personality...so to say....Instead of complaining one can simply adapt.

We can not simply purge all existing 'Non-naruto' characters....unless you do this in Game.Then i wish you luck to find them all. Most of them do not roleplay in the villages or zones .Beside..i find immortal Ninjas more disturbing then Vampires!
I mean i simply take saltwater and make the Vampire swallow it(when it is a vampire of the book 'Skulduggery Pleasant') or..i behead it..or i rip out the heart. Also if i remember right then in the Anime,Asuma said he heard of immortals before and that beheading them kills them,this is why they beheaded Hidan....so.. doesn't this say that more strange stuff exist in Naruto?

Damn i somehow..got distracted with that topic..let's get back to GM...
We want them,we need them...Let's stop bickering.
'Cause Asadi is fully right. We should stop to bicker about GM and what they should be..it is time to choose some...or at least think of people we would like as GM.
Who would you think of worthy,who is active? post it here.And give the younger ones a chance too,some of them are good too....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.