Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15256 times)

Renji Nakara

• Anyone for a snowball fight?
    • View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »

Well,...i attempted to read through it all,but do not expect me to keep this all within my head.

I think we pretty much agree that we want GM.
We want ACTIVE GM.
GM that have a LOW EGO.
GM that actually ROLEPLAY.

I personally would also like them to narrate the rp a bit. I love it when someone comes up with a random story,whether it be random bandti killing or not.But be honest to role-play on your own through out a story is boring. It is more fun if someone plays the 'enemy
 The GM could help here.The GM could make stuff more interesting
And yes,let's not have the Kage as GM ,they will change during the game and lose their rank....would this make them lose the GM powers as well?
Some Kage are also not..this good..i mean...who would like a GM/kage who godmods,autohits ,kidnaps Suna nin and attempted to attack and damage Suna whilst saying he is still allied to the village?
I simply hope no one gets the reference.... xD

However...(I am sure i wanted to say something)

This demon thing...I can not understand why EVERYONE seems too complain about it. In the Japanese mythology there are neko-like beings. Many different kind of demons and devils and evil spirits.
Bijuu are indeed just a ass of chakra with personality. Evil spirits are a mass of energy with personality...so to say....Instead of complaining one can simply adapt.

We can not simply purge all existing 'Non-naruto' characters....unless you do this in Game.Then i wish you luck to find them all. Most of them do not roleplay in the villages or zones .Beside..i find immortal Ninjas more disturbing then Vampires!
I mean i simply take saltwater and make the Vampire swallow it(when it is a vampire of the book 'Skulduggery Pleasant') or..i behead it..or i rip out the heart. Also if i remember right then in the Anime,Asuma said he heard of immortals before and that beheading them kills them,this is why they beheaded Hidan....so.. doesn't this say that more strange stuff exist in Naruto?

Damn i somehow..got distracted with that topic..let's get back to GM...
We want them,we need them...Let's stop bickering.
'Cause Asadi is fully right. We should stop to bicker about GM and what they should be..it is time to choose some...or at least think of people we would like as GM.
Who would you think of worthy,who is active? post it here.And give the younger ones a chance too,some of them are good too....

Agreed once more. We cannot pick others who are vampires, werewolves, demons, nekos and whatnot from the game at all, they can all rp as well, since much of these concepts are present in Japanese folklore which much of Naruto is derived from in the first place. I mean, even I have a mythological summoning contract, a kappa that I barely ever use in battle or anything at all whatsoever, mainly another persona to reflect with Renji's own.

Anyway, I would like to say the following for GM: As long as they do their job, are very active and rp often as well as being mostly impartial, I cast my votes for them. No hot-heads please >.>;

Ah, I don't know who I would want as a GM, you guys make suggestions and I find things to agree with.

The Eleventh Doctor

• Humany Womany
    • View Profile
    • http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »

I agree on having GMs who have kind personalities and not hot-headed. A level headed, calm, CARING, and RPing GM would be good. People have mentioned the fact that they do not want Biased people to be a GM but the fact that EVERYONE can be a little BIASED at times shouldn't get in the way of them being GMs. The thing about that is, yeah, you can be bias but don't let that fog your judgement.  Meh.. I personally think that we should get different mods and official GMs.

Kayenta does a good job, not speaking of replacing her. It just seems... Like you do not see ANYONE ELSE doing much besides Accepting Avatars or declining them. But besides that.. I don't see them out.. Roleplaying.. Talking.. If you tell them "This person is begging" all we are told to do is "Block them" BUT no.. We want something done so they dont scam someone or beg people.

I think more things should be done.. Again, my own opinion..
Check out my SL avi edits
http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »

All of us are hot headed to some degree,all have some temper,you can not find one who is ONLY calm.
Thus we need more then just one GM.Many GMs,means many points of view,means many opinions,sure this can come to a fight between GMs but they should know that they are more important due their title. They become some kind of idol and role model,they have to act  with responsibility .

However.. What 'more' things have to be done? I think first we need GMs then we can focus on more....we need to nominate some only then they can be made actual GMs

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 08:43:48 PM »

Sometimes people act different when in different Situations. I for example can have the worst temper ever when i feel...well in casual mood. But then i have my 'stern ' mood...
How to explain..let's say this second side of me..makes me more calm, analyzing and kind. I was working in another forum as mod..i was working for an internet radio as well. Adult people are
more childish as actual children. At both..the forum and radio,i was the calmest .Usually i got a bad temper..but there i was able to talk to the angry roleplayers or listeners,without getting angry myself.

With other words,i believe that some people can simply make a cut and say "this is me being the Roleplayer" and this the serious one "Is me being GM".

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »

I have to add that i only took myself as example..in both cases i had to use my main language thus had no language barrier. Here on SL i use the secondary language..so i got a light language barrier and most of what i say might sound rude..Although i don't want to be rude..

I do not want to manipulate you and thus nominate me as Gm,this is your choice not mine.

I thought i should add that.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »

Wow, I can't believe I just read all of that in one go. Any who, yeah we need GMs. I mean, yeah you got Rai', Zenaku, Rare, Kayenta, etc. to do it, but why should they if it's not their job? I'm pretty sure Rai' even made this topic because he's sick of doing it. I mean, the guy quit RP for a reason.

Regardless of such, we should have GMs that are not total idiots, are calm, and aren't going to biased. They should also be allowed to delete OOC and the argument they just had with the RPers. As for the 'Kages as GMs, lolololol no. Not only do you have to deal with getting that one total god-modder as a 'Kage, but you also have to deal with them leaving and the title having to be passed on. Albeit, usually 'Kages stay for awhile, but not always. Go look at Konohas 'elects' if you need an example.

As for the whole demon thing, as long as their not claiming to be invincible, then there is no problem with it. I'm not really going to elaborate on this because I've already explained this in Suna. Any who, those are my thoughts on the matter.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

Letting you know in advance, I only read the first page of this thread and some of the last.
I am half and half on this.

GMs are important HOWEVER I have seen quite a few ppl, that would be considered to be of 'GM-status', being wrong in a RP judgement.

Being a GM shouldnt be "his words are final and thus true". And personally although OCCs ruin the RP, it gives things for people to think about.
Deleting OCCs is like deleting ppl's thoughts on the matter and I would like to hear/read on such.
"Mmm....he makes a good point." or "No, that is completely wrong because..."
I like reading ppl's arguments (reasons) to why they think that action is right or wrong.

If anything, there should be a more appropriate place to do that. And no, I'm not talking about pms.
Make a room, have the two participants in there as well as a few bystanders/watchers and discuss it over there. Have the whole thing recorded/saved and give it an appropriate title like, "Verdict on Poison Immunity" or "A(n) (Im)Proper Defensive against 'such-and-such' jutsu" and make it be available to the public for future references.

To me, it sounds like being a GM is deleting OCCs, but I believe it shouldnt give the person the right to make a final judgement on a fight than any other person can. The GM can help to rationalize the situation (which anyone can do)....

• Describe the situation
  • State the conflict at hand
  • Player A and player B gives their reasons for this conflict
  • Present key evidence (manga, anime, general knowledge, common sense, etc)
  • Compare it with the players' statements and see which one leans more to the "Right".

See, how easy that is. >.>
Oh, and yeah. GMs shouldnt be Kages for obvious reasons.
But after all of this, I guess I am more 80/20 on this. The 80 being against GMs. >.>
You want OCCs to be removed? Petition it.

In regards to the whole "demon, vamps, wolfs, etc" fantasy elements, I say keep them.
Bijuus can be looked as being demons themselves. >.>
Also demons were mentioned in Naruto fillers. (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Yakumo)
I have a demon inside me as well (RP, not real life).
I say for those who are demons, vamps, wolfs, etc., just learn to limit yourself to the point that you nor your actions are considered god-moddish.
Vamps are capable of doing this, that, and the 3rd but you have to try to keep the fight fair and enjoyable. Limit yourself, humble yourself. That's what I do all the time...

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »

The actual problem with the Demons and vampires...is not that they are too powerful..it is more like  some other players are not accepting them.

However this can not be changed by us entirely..I too think that we need the OOC...but please not within RP more in PMs or in a seperate room.
Your idea is brilliant to say the least...

I mean i would like it to have a room where we could simply talk about the problem,then we can solve it there,save the discussion and post it somewhere else and use it as reference in the future.This would then  in theory...decrease future OOC.

I more prefer Gms ,not as final judge..this could be an actual mod. The GM is more in the pen and paper game,a guide. The Game master is a guide that will GUIDE the people and fill them in ,with details.

I had some Pathfinder sessions,me being the GM.The people often ask you "Can i do this or that" You have to keep a calm head,know the basic rules and often force them to decrease OOC,which is easier when it is all spoken. "Keep in mind all that is spoken and is not declared OOC beforehand will be seen as in character,thus you will do and say as you speak"...This lead to some incredible mean situations but sooner or later they learned to keep OOC at bay.

And some of their OOC is important as they ask about important stuff,like "do i get a bonus if i attack the enemy from the left when my partner attacks from the right? "

And then the GM gives the answer,in fact the GM is not the judge but a guide ,a judge that keeps the game a game,fair and square.If the GM can not solve the problem,then well we need a mod then to solve it.

I think Kay said that the GM watch the field and the Mods do the final jb,or somethign like this-

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 02:44:28 AM »

When I was talking about the Kages becoming GMs, I was referring to the current ones, the title of GM sticking with that Kage whether they are current or not. I agree with most of Mei's post. A designated area for public OOC would be very beneficial. Perhaps it could be archived? In any case, I would think Kay, Rai, and Mangetsu would make for good GMs.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 05:14:04 AM »

I'm really liking all the talk about this; the thoughts in one's minds as well as their own feedback -- makes me smile that people, y'know, actually have a voice still.

SO! To push onto the sub-subject at hand, the one in regards to GM = Law, I do not see as a Game Master's verdict being judgement, I see them there to enlighten the situation at hand with persuasive arguments that promotes an idea on those who are troubled (Like what Mei said). The entirety of deleting posts is in concerns of preventing useless spam; I understand where you're all coming from where OOC = someone's concerns/ideals, but mind you things such as "Guys, I'm stuck on Skyrim, I can't kill the Dremora Lord", etc. isn't, y'know, helpful.

The whole "private room for__________" is a good idea, but not something we can really implement so easily. I guess we can make use of Yumei's infamous website that everyone, from what I've seen, seems to forsake. We can just post arguments there.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:14 AM »

This is the current standing list of mods on SL;
{Black= Inactive}
気 Neji (Rp)
Uchiha Kamui (Rp)
Dokuga 狼 Xaos (Rp)
Shodaime Mizukage Abyss (Rp)
Shikkifujjin (Rp)
Crimson Veil Hyuugan (Rp)
Back to Basics ShinobiIceSlayer (Rp)

Sensatsu no Gyururu (Rp)
Akatsuki Leader sycic (Rp)
Vampire Lord Baluski (Rp)

All of them including the three lower inactive ones do not  Rp. Nor do any of them attempt to help with ongoing outlandish Ooc posts that seem to flow freely through each village.
What we ask, all of us here, is that some Rp mods be picked. RP; Role-Playing. Not one who checks petitions or bans accounts due to cybering, ect...
We ask for those who can delete the unnecessary posting and keep a grip on the rules of rp. While being unbiased is impossible. (As Ice stated) it is not impossible for a person to see which side is wrong and
which side is right. No one here is saying pick this person or that person (though we've suggested some) Simply implying that these people are what we deem able to fill the role of a Rp Mod. Back to the current
mods. Half of them are inactive. (The inactive list consists of those who haven't logged on in months +) They only log on every few days to check petitions, nothing more. We need ACTIVE mods. . .
While the site was originally just another  forest/ chat room based browser game, it has evolved into one of Rp. To accommodate such an 'evolution' we need to follow up and provide what the community demands.
This is why this whole post was started.  Not to argue who's seeking power or call names(Ice) Rai was asking for Neji to establish an Rp mod program, so to speak. We can keep bickering and list the wants and
needs and blah, blah, blah. The fact is until our 'Overlord' (Thanks Rai) sees and reads this thread nothing is going to happen. Build up your ideas refine them and then post.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »

One point, as you state about the "inactive list".

RP is not a given on SL, so it is not a thing we provide actively and with proper surveillance / immediate help if there is a discussion going a different way at any time of the day on any of the 7 days a week has.

Use the "Petition for help" link if you feel disturbed by somebody, but use it wisely: I will not (!) warn/remove people or their posts if there is an RP talk going on in a public area - and that persons talks OOC or simply not fitting stuff.

Why? Because it is a public place - if you do not like it, please go to the numerous private sections:

-> houses
-> fights
-> invited games
-> ...

Point is: this is not a "stick to rp when you post!" - Server.
I encourage RP, as I find it enrichs characters very much, but I don't enforce sticking to it (see the rules).

That said, GMs are "helpful sprites", who (like Kayenta recently) host events and watch over them.
This would be an example of an SL-initiated event that would have a more restricting posting than normally (unenforced).
However, that's pretty special.

This being said, a couple chatting in the gardens may (!) be disturbed in their talk under a shadowy tree, but it may choose to ignore those. Because they can post, but not suppress their actions.

Just to be safe here: GMs can enrich play as they have one unique ability: To post without a name, i.e. describing the surroundings. That is mostly used for events or simply as a means to put some atmosphere into SL =)

Mods are the nice people who can ban/enforce rules/whatnot. GMs-only (like Kayenta) do not have these duties.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »

I understand and agree with all of that Neji. One thing as you pointed out that GM's can do is promote activity and move it along. Even though this isn't an exclusive RP site, a couple of GM's that are very active can continue to provide events and RP story lines that could motivate activity and fun on SL overall.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »

Sudden surge of ideas!Need to WRITE DOWN

well,so as far as i understood..the villages are pubic space,right?
Soooooo..i thought about...Remember the times when random clans attacked villages.They attacked us,but fighting back was kind of...well tricky..as they had no 'base' ?

So...we actually have zones to have fights..but wouldn't it be nice to actually declare war?
the function would set two clans in a war like state, the GM or leaders would need to oocly organize their troops...and the defense..then ..after some preparation time..you would be able to get to the hall of the other clan.
Well maybe not directly..after all you can not start in the middle of a country then suddenly appear in the other country..maybe..they would need to pass by a second allied base..then the borderline  ,then the allied base of the enemy and the the enemy headquarters?
It would maybe add some..fun?
Also you could add PK done in this time to have some bonus points?
And then the winner of the war might have..uh...some...nice stuff..i dunno?

It would most likely keep wars out of the 'public' places...Just a random and sudden idea.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »

That seems like a large and fancy way of saying 'Gimme Zones Fo' Mah Clan Warz'.

Legitly, if you're going to attack a 'clan base', or whatever, why wouldn't you just... Iunno... have a private zone created, invite the participates, and duke it out there?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.