Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mission HQ  (Read 3816 times)

Moonfire

• View Profile
Re: Mission HQ
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »

The nice thing about roleplay is. In the Roleplay you can be enemies with everyone,while in real life we can be still friends. Can't we?
With working together i mean,working together with this Mission thing,so one person is not alone with this OOC work.
Sure some missions are only for certain village members,yet in OOC we could all work on something that can be used in RP,later on. does this make sense to you now?

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

Then tell me, Moonfire. What valid purpose does these missions in Mission HQ serve that you want to implement so much? I personally don't see it.

You see, OOC is a funny thing. Its Out Of Character, breaking down word for word, and there is an old saying that works for, not even just some, but -all- roleplay forums, websites, games, and so forth. No OOC in IC. Personal feelings do not get involved when it isn't needed. You don't take yourself, your attachment to someone else, or anything else into IC with you. I could be best friends with say, Rare in real life. That doesn't mean by any means my character should, or has to be, friends with him. I could get into a fight with say, Zenaku, but that doesn't mean that my character should suddenly hate him and leave Kumogakure or attack it now does it?

The agenda aside, I'm not saying your idea is stupid. I'm not saying it shouldn't be implemented either. But I don't see a purpose for having it -there-. I don't see a reason where these missions are available to everyone. For what logic is there, in any possible circumstance, that a member of Kirigakure can take a mission from Kumgoakure from a mission board? We are all seperated rather its acknowledged or not. Sure, we can play friend in the Gardens, which I personally consider the kingdom of the OOC, or screw around chatting in Konohagakure which is popularly considered the OOCGakure. But that's exactly what it is. OOC.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

I see i am unable to get my ideas into the english languages right now.Wow..never been so difficult.What i mean is..behind the scenes we can work together. IC ,it can be separated..i just think that having it directly on the page,instead of having it on forums..is ..better.
Maybe...free to grab for everyone is really stupid..But..let's think about it..Wouldn't it be a wee bit easier if each village had their self-made missions,right on the page..No need to create new passwords,accounts and so on.

You are still on SL and can simply check the missions of your village...

Or maybe..the guilds get 'more space'
The board is a bit too...small. The guilds seem a bit small to me..They are just one additional chat for all guild members...Maybe the guilds should have sort of a mission center..The Guild owner puts the missions up,then the guild member can click on the mission and take it and the system will send a notification to the guild owner?

Maybe this idea is better then one giant center with all,missions..I just try to find a way to add more...activity...

And..ooc...why do we even have WAR! XD I dunno why we got war XD

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »

Behind the scenes everybody has their own problems to deal with, some are just better at handling their own than others. So long as there's something to do in a village, missions aren't really all that necessary in a time of 'peace'.

Other sites, predominantly forum-based ones, are all that's really needed at this point; missions aren't an integral part of RP here, at least not yet anyway (or for a long time at that). The programmer's time is much better spent on features that would benefit the site 100% upon implementation - a mission center wouldn't reach even 75%, but that's just my opinion anyway.

We have the war to increase RP-activity (methinks), and maybe even (intentionally or unintentionally), spark the creation of an actual plot depending on how people will continue reacting to it, and how well the aftermath is dealt with.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »

Self-created missions are ... well, hard to handle, but it could be solved by a "simple" posting board.

Though it would consume some resources :) Handling the opening/closing of the messages as well as the rewards.

If broke down to the just using a "pin-up board" for messages, I could do it relatively quick - though there would be no order, just categories (pre-defined).
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »

I can barely do something in this war,as there is no real war...As soon one atacks a village it will result into spamfests XD

...aaaand...i am sadly not allowed to get in trouble.Order of Kazekage....

Well..A simple board where you just put up the missons,sounds fine too...
for each guild would be perfet,then the guilds would get a bit meaning and in future it might be used more often,who knows?

I imagine it like..a list..and under the mission there is just "want to take mission 'Yes' or 'No'"
And then you just select if you want to have the mission...

I think...that reward handling can be done manualy by the Guild owner?
or the one who put up the mission. Thus no one cna just..take a mission and  not ,do it but still get DP. They still HAVE to do the mission.

I agree the missions are not this important yet..but then...they should.They too could start plots..I think about some bigger missions...and draw dungeons....

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »

oooh. I love drawing maps!

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.