Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Bijuu Council and Discussion  (Read 57907 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council and Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:45 AM »

So if the jincky dies, then is that an automatic loss for the challenger, since the bijuu is dead and it can't be allowed to roam free? Since both accidents and "accidents" do happen.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »

Pretty much.

That's how it is in the manga.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »

But how will the next cycle of rebirth enact?
I'm pretty sure if the beast itself dies in general it gets reborn after a number of years passed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:47:45 AM by Kamui »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 03:32:16 AM »

What I"m understanding is that apparently in SL, if you kill the host as a challenger, then you lose, and the host dies and the bijuu is returned to the village of the deceased host.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »

Sadly, this has been ignored on ridiculously numerous occasions. D;

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

What happens if the Jinchuuriki is a missing nin? Then where would the biju be returned to?
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »

Kage of the village they served last.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »

But isn't that giving it back to someone that didn't earn it and has no right to it anymore? I mean they should have kept a better watch on their biju or tried to get him back themselves as a village could easily abuse this.

Hypothetical scenario:
Some random jinchuuriki decides to leave his/her village and venture out onto his own, Kage sends so and so to go after him/her. Based upon the rule they wouldn't even have to capture him alive and could just kill the target as it will go back to the village.

Are there procedures in place that wouldn't allow a village to selfishly do this and make sure they are playing fair?

P.s: Not trying to be a stick in the mud and pose every possible what if scenario, I'm just putting in my thoughts.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:01 AM »

And I applaud you for doing so! I really like it when people think outside the box on potential scenarios to cover all the grounds.

My response:
See, though, that's where the unavoidable problem is; where else could it go? I mean, if you wanna get back at a village, then make allegiance with another to attack it or something? Dunno. Needless to say, there's really no way to avoid a bijuu staying in place and such. Overall, you can always just give someone else the bijuu (as they have been done to in the past) if you really wanna piss 'em off.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 05:34:48 AM »

I'm a bit confused here. You're saying that if the jinchuriki dies that the challenger losses. This to me seems..., unfair. The current host of the bijuu almost always demands a life or death match in order to capture it. So while you have to protect your own life with all you've got, you at the same time are trying to beat the living shit out of the jinchuriki, who you are not allowed to kill? The point of the match is as said 'life or death' Perhaps this is the line at which becoming too cannon lays?

The bijuu should still be able to be captured after the host dies, no?  Like I said the line has been met here. You're trying to be too much like the show. They are two separate entities, not one. It'd be kinda like saying that if the host dies so does the bijuu. These challengers fight hard to get the bijuu.

Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »

I'm a bit confused here. You're saying that if the jinchuriki dies that the challenger losses. This to me seems..., unfair. The current host of the bijuu almost always demands a life or death match in order to capture it. So while you have to protect your own life with all you've got, you at the same time are trying to beat the living shit out of the jinchuriki, who you are not allowed to kill? The point of the match is as said 'life or death' Perhaps this is the line at which becoming too cannon lays?

The bijuu should still be able to be captured after the host dies, no?  Like I said the line has been met here. You're trying to be too much like the show. They are two separate entities, not one. It'd be kinda like saying that if the host dies so does the bijuu. These challengers fight hard to get the bijuu.

Unless you're capable of resurrecting the jinchuuriki after killing them via the Human Path and later resurrecting them via the Outer Path (as Kabuto stated he could do via Nagato), then killing off the jinchuuriki would ultimately make the very fight futile. Consider the bijuu as being an extra 'soul' trapped within its host (jinchuuriki); if you kill off the host, then how on earth do you expect the 'soul' to linger any longer?

Follow the (canon) Akatsuki's example - subjugate the jinchuuriki, then extract it. At the very least they were aware of the consequences in killing the jinchuuriki without a suitable backup plan.

Quest

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

Suggestions:
- When a Jinchuriki is inactive, dismissed, killed, the Bijuu will return to the hands of the Council.
- Anyone who wishes to claim the Bijuu will have to fight a member of the council which is decided by the council.
- And just so that Jinchuriki will think twice before choosing death over handing over their Bijuu to the winner, a Jinchuriki who dies and loses his/her Bijuu will be illegitimate to host the same Bijuu ever again.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 06:28:50 PM »

I'd like to add, the 'if' a council member wants said bijuu, they have to either wait until a proper jinchuuriki is named, then fight them when appropriate, or fight another council member, if Quest's idea goes through.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:24 PM »

Personally i rather prefer a simple deciding match to determine the bijuu life or death. Bottom line, whether through means of death or other means that should decide the match. Even as a Jinchuuriki i hate the idea that a person has to fight a Jinchuuriki while trying not to kill them. Do you have any idea how hard it is to even kill some of these people? Let alone, trying to defeat them without killing them. Things used to be alot more simple. You fight, you win, you gain the bijuu. You fight, you lose, as you were....
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »

It's part of the hardships one having the nerve to challenge a jinchuriki should have. :P We need to "keep it real" and all.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 15 queries.