Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Bijuu Council and Discussion  (Read 57491 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council and Discussion
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »

It would be an interesting twist that's for sure. But who's "we"? I thought the bijuu council had been disbanded.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »

For reasons (not needed to be mentioned) I'll just say it never was. Simply on hiatus due to such reasons. It still exists in its own personal way. I guess all that is fine to say in my mind. The people you still turn to (Zenaku, Rares, myself, etc.) can still make such calls if it is deemed necessary. Though, I'm thinking I can always turn to the voting poll and use those names.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

Well... I guess we'll cross the bridge when we get there then.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »

So, since I'm too lazy read all this again -- I did before but then forgot to post -- this is basically about the loop holes in the rules and not the council, correct?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »

Yuh-hum. Not. About. The. Council.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2012, 07:00:21 AM »

Then what's the main problem here? Rules not being added? The only problem I've seen is people saying, 'It's not in the rules so I don't have to abide by it.'. Other then that, there is not really any problems. If you have an inactive Jinchuriki, it goes to the 'Kage of the village. The 'Kage is inactive? It goes to council or whatever your village has.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »

We're discussing any-and-all possible exploitation of the rules.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »

I see.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »

Exploits? Best exploit would be to give the bijuu to an immortal rinnegan master user who also possesses the chakra pool of a monster in combination with the bijuu. Not much we can do about that though...

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2012, 04:47:25 AM »

Exploits? Best exploit would be to give the bijuu to an immortal rinnegan master user who also possesses the chakra pool of a monster in combination with the bijuu. Not much we can do about that though...

Which will become half of the Shinobi Legends population soon enough...  :oops:
How about the exploit of users obtaining other accounts for the sole purposes of their powers [stacked doujutsu, kekkei genkai] then using them to establish some sort of RP that wasn't supposed to occur in the first place?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »

Ah... The list can be pulled from burned trashcans and we'd still have no idea what people can, will, and DO pull in order to get the upper hand in the realm.

Immortal rinnegan user? In order to truly fit that description, they are gonna have to be Bocc's... female dogs if you get the picture, as he has already set that "standard".

And besides... 'obtaining' other accounts, as far as buying and selling goes, is questionabley against the rules of SL, after all, since you're selling out one character to benefit another.  :?: But, since it's so rampant, it apparently isn't.  :roll: Anyways, with half the population choosing Rinnegan, peoples like me are going to have to start god-modding a bit more in order to start getting zone kill counts... Then the rain will start dropping.

Hopefully by then this bijuu situation would be settled, with either Kumo going down or them snatching all the bijuu.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »

Raifudo neglects to mention that I am part of the bijuu council as well. The disbanding of it and the election were a bust and my ability to judge a match is just as good as anyone else's and quite a few people come to me for aid in dealing with troubles in the zones or questions on if a move is legit or no. In addition I am an RP moderator same as Zenaku or Taraka. And she seems to be always left out of the circle when this bijuu judging things comes to light. Were she not quite capable of what it takes to deal with these issues she would never have been made a GM.

The basic thing about judging a match is this: Unless a council member steps in to deal with something that they feel is a terrible violation and could set some sort of dangerous precedent that will be hard as nails to stop from propagating into a  nightmare, only the participants deal with their issues. It is upon request that someone goes to moderate the fight. And that someone can be anyone they call to do so. If both parties agree to what this third person decided, then all is well. Used to be that hardly any matches needed an outside party to deal with the issues. But these days each and every match becomes a huge bickering match. Even council members who moderate them are often times argued with, insulted or ignored entirely.

There is a basic break down in zoning these days and it stems from unreasonable claims to powers and disgusting manners. And if a council member/fight moderator is not to be heeded...well then every rule we make and every decision that is passed out becomes pointless.

As for what happens if a Kage in position of bijuu he is keeping to give out to people one day...and he becomes inactive goes...I feel that the village is responsible for replacing their Kage in that event and the bijuu in his possession would be passed down to the next Kage in line. It does not seem reasonable that village property be taken by the council to decide what the fate of the bijuu should then become.

Of course if the village fails to deal with it properly the council would and could step in. But it should go through a specific chain of events before the council takes a hand in redistribution of bijuu owned by a particular village.

Were she not quite capable of what it takes to deal with these issues she would never have been made a GM.

Being a GM doesn't mean Neji himself moderated every post and comment you made to ensure you are of the most prestigious and reputable players on the site. If you have an idea he thinks will benefit or interest RP, he'll give you the chance. Such as your desire to make the chuunin exams and Zenaku's decision to do a war on different villages for the bijuu.

Also, keep in mind that she was voted on as one of the nine council members on the poll. She wasn't left out in thoughts either.

The people you still turn to (Zenaku, Rares, myself, etc.) can still make such calls if it is deemed necessary. Though, I'm thinking I can always turn to the voting poll and use those names.

I'm sorry you feel neglected, but: I mentioned three people as example. I'm NOT going to list every single person who people ask for help - considering I don't know everyone - for the sake of making a point. Which is the purpose of the et cetera.

Might want to reread my post about what we do with the bijuu:

Anyways... I can't really make rules about inactive kage except to say if that kage is inactive to make a call, we'll make a call for them to who it goes to based on either self-elected or generally-elected people of that village.

We're not taking the bijuu from the village. Hell, we're not even choosing for them. The village itself will make the choice of the candidate they want. I'm not here to govern a kage for how they do things, etc., I'm just here to keep the flow of progress going as passively as I can.

The fact we have to wait for a jinchuuriki to go inactive > kage go inactive before redistributing > kage is elected > kage is given bijuu > kage distributes bijuu is too tediously long and unneeded of a practice to wait for.

We'll also discuss about the council  and their calls and so forth later. Right now we're discussing - as per your request - one thing at a time and that is the rules of inactivity; please hold simply to that.

How about the exploit of users obtaining other accounts for the sole purposes of their powers [stacked doujutsu, kekkei genkai] then using them to establish some sort of RP that wasn't supposed to occur in the first place?

We'll get to this one after we settle on what to do with where the bijuu goes for inactivity, but:

There is the rule that allows hosts to disable someone's RP claim they used via another account's purchase, etc. Though I'm sure we can find hosts doing the same.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:07:32 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

Sure everyone can discuss these matters and what not, but who gets to decide what gets by and what not? Kayenta alone? And perhaps Zenaku since they are the only ones that can make the edit. Raifudo has been somewhat in charge of this for years, Zenaku coming along in it somewhere on the way, I see no particular reason for this to change.

In my view, the reason why a list of active well trusted peeps should make up a council would be the for the sake of the cases in which opinions are split. In which case this preferably small council should vote. Why not let everyone? Well that is clear, some may do it under poor judgement, lack insight, or be well known for their inability to be biased or make decisions of their own. For the voting part alone I think it would be a great idea to make it and remove inactive one as well as those known to be labeled as incompetent by many. Otherwise it would be rather hard to decide on stuff with split opinions.

Enough with the petty arguments, attacks, self victimization, etc. Lets work to find a way to optimize this stuff to it's maximum potential and remove potentially unpleasant scenarios and errors.

As for inactivity, I think it's natural to have such a rule concerning jinchuriki, if I am not mistaken there was a similar rule in the past. That was applied in cases such as those that barely got on once a month or so.
Yes, it makes sense that the bijuu should go to the kage in such a case, I suggest that in the exceptional scenario in which the kage does not resolve the issue in 2 weeks, that is to be considered a passing of the grace period and he from that point should be obliged to defend it for the sake of not making a bijuu inaccessible for prolonged periods of time.

If the kage is inactive we should grant it to the last challenger as a punishment for the jinchuriki and kage and compensation for the one that was put on hold for a month. Just to be fair and not discriminate kage jinchuriki, in that case the bijuu should go to the second in command but only under the scenario that it did not go to the kage due to an inactive jinchuriki. I say to be fair due to the village given another chance whatever the case.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:26:53 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

Well in all honesty, I am thinking a village needs to be stripped if it can't as much as solve an issue in a month, such making them unfit to host a bijuu.
I mean seriously: Your jinchuriki is inactive for 2 weeks, then your hokage gets the bijuu and is inactive for two weeks, that seems about enough to deem that village as unworthy and harmful to the system.

Just saying, however my strict personality when it comes to failing to respect certain things and harming the community around you may have had a say in this idea, so without a doubt, it might seem like quite the exaggeration for some if not most.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »

As much as I want to agree with you on the whole being stripped thing: we just can't. Although unfair for both parties, taking away shares the bigger burden.

> Jinchuuriki goes inactive
> Kage goes inactive ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Host village loses bijuu over something they cannot control (activity of their representatives)                  |
> Council has to find new village to give to                                                                                             |
> Give to kage                                                                                                                                     |
> Kage gives bijuu to new host.                                                                                                             |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
> Council finds a new host based on what the people of that village says.

Edit: Fixed my wonderful chart.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:52:49 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 17 queries.