Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 72925 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2013, 04:43:11 AM »

Well, I find having a whole assortment of rules questionable in the first place, as no other technique has this many rules called out by so many other people.

Though I see your point in saying that most of the rules are being decided by Edo users, but most of these rules were already in the place and the only real positive thing we gained out of this are we can use one in a biju fight. In fact two more nerfs are being discussed, which is using a decent amount of chakra to summon one (note the amount before was unspecified and even less) and the limit from 6 to 3 is being discussed.

I mean this forum isn't hidden from anybody (the excuse that is always used, I know) and anybody can chime in on it. Most don't seem to care as much anymore and don't chime in on it (As you know it says when someone post in something, so to anybody that visits the forum, this isn't new) More Edo users are posting here, because it effects them more.

No disrespect though  :P just sharing my opinion.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »

So here's my stance, I rather go with a quarter-percentage of chakra costs rather then ten-percentage or better yet how about you give me a percentage to work with, Purple.

>.>  I don't know why people keep thinking Zojin is me, but Zojin is actually my girlfriend. I am my ownnnn person. XD 

But on the topic of this discussion, I think that having a "limit" of 6 edo tensei summons is barely even considered a limit at all. Edo tensei summons are essentially a pool of infinite chakra. When there are people who kill off their characters, name change the account to something else and kill it off again, they can keep making new edo tensei with stacks of resets without actually having to make new fresh accounts while the user behind said account is the same. They can make whatever characters they like without having to actually go through the time and effort to kill others, and can have an army of summonable crazy powerful characters at their fingertips even though it's all coming from one account.

Now if 2 people go into battle, but have 6 edo tensei each, that's essentially an army of 14 people being controlled by only 2 users (12 of which will never die or get exhausted).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:18:11 AM by Omega Purple »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2013, 05:11:16 AM »

So here's my stance, I rather go with a quarter-percentage of chakra costs rather then ten-percentage or better yet how about you give me a percentage to work with, Purple.

>.>  I don't know why people keep thinking Zojin is me, but Zojin is actually my girlfriend. I am my ownnnn person. XD

Mind. Blown.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:13:06 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2013, 05:17:27 AM »

Mind. Blown.

;)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2013, 05:18:43 AM »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2013, 05:21:41 AM »

Warning to ya guys, the mighty mod Camel said he wasn't going to have spam this time around in this thread, just warning ya  :roll:

Anyway, since people seem to have a problem with six, I'll concede my stance and go with Shinro's 3 or 2 or whatever he said.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2013, 07:04:44 AM »

How is this still going? What's really our goal here? Debuffing Edo Tensei shouldn't be that hard.

- Limit Edo Tensei to only 3 summonings per battle
- Only one Edo Summoning can be used per bijuu battle
- Only one Edo Summoning can be used to declare (or continue) an attack per post
- 20% of chakra should be the cost for each summoning
- If an Edo summonings is sealed or captured, the user takes some damage or exhausts some stamina. (Good idea, no?)
- As long as Edo Tensei is being used, the user can't use one of the following: attack move, defense move or supplementary move. (you guys decide on this)

Those are my suggestions to cripple Edo Tensei. Debuffing this ninpou was my idea from the beginning, so I agree with anything that cripples Edo Tensei even more. To those users that aren't willing to accept more weakness to Edo Tensei, I suggest you give up on the jutsu because it will be debuffed. I seriously won't allow another Bocchiere to be born through the usage of Edo Tensei.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:18:13 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »

Quote from: Purple

My mistake, I think I've done this before with you when I confused Zojin for you instead your other character which is married to her.  :oops:

@Shinro
I'm fine with everything you listed so far but I would like some input from everyone else before we continue any further.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2013, 07:20:19 AM »

Note that I am only here because I am fighting Hazama and may gain Edo Tensei from the fight. Though only part I don't really agree with is saying only one zombie can attack each post. If you are fighting one person you only have one anyway and if you are fighting more people then you just need to constantly make wide ranging defenses while some zombies stand around like derps? That seems kinda odd. Same with the you take damage if they are captured part, that just doesn't really make sense at all to me. I think 20%, one per bijuu fight and the rest is all solid though.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »

Is here because he is here..... regardless.

I'm not reading back throw all this but was it ever spoken of or decided about using NPC and/or alts for Edo? I just feel one shouldn't be able to make an alt into his/her edo zombie. This may already have been said to not be allowed or frowned upon I'm just checking.

I use to also argue that you shouldn't be able to use npc as sacrifices, seeing as in my opinion that allowed one to spam creating zombies, but with a limit in place no need npc can't be used for such. 

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2013, 07:04:33 PM »

I agree with Rakudo, most of the rules Shinro listed are fine, except that only one Edo may attack (seems silly if you're using more) I also disagree with the damage part.

In reply to Kirk, both those were previously stated rules, can't use an alt (anymore) and the sacrifice must be a player character as well.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »

There really isn't any direct weakness to Edo Tensei in combat. The only weakness the jutsu has is the prep work, you need to kill someone or get the DNA of someone who has been killed, and get a living body to sacrifice to summon them back.  Unless we want to make up things that don't exist canonically there really isn't a way to limit the jutsu. It seems there is already a limit on the zombies, no? 6 of them? And the 1:1 ratio makes it so you can only summon as many as people you are fighting.

Right there.  I think that's a problem, don't you?  I'm all for a balanced system in which strengths are coupled with appropriate weaknesses.  Naruto was never written by Kishimoto to be RP'ed, thus the creation of these kinds of weaknessless techniques.  The ONLY reason why Edo Tensei was stopped, was due to plot armor quite frankly.  And honestly, nobody is ever going to allow their character to get trapped as did Kabuto.  This is why we need to make weaknesses for jutsu even though that may mean we deviate from the canon.  The prep-work is hardly a weakness at all.  Again, it's another "fake weakness".

@ Kamui:
This makes me wonder who else thinks I'm Purple lol.  My suggestion to this is rather than altering the percentage of chakra summoning costs, to merely say that once an Edo Tensei is summoned, the user permanently looses that percentage of charka for the duration the Edo is active.  This completely cuts out the loophole of pre-summoning Edo Tensei outside of battle, have them chill (or never un-summon them again), then fight with them a few days later after the summoner is completely recovered.  This also strikes out the loopholes of summoning then popping a chakra pill to be at 100% again, or having a zombie transfer chakra back to the user.

@Everyone:
I'm okay with most of Pete's rules save for the "only one Edo may attack per post", which I agree with Rakudo about.  That runs into the issue of what to do if you are able to summon 3 but yet only be allowed to attack/defend with one?  Unless that rules changes to only attack with 1 Edo but the rest have to be defensive.

My suggestion~ (Slight edit from the rules just stated)

- Limit Edo Tensei to only 3 summonings per battle
- Only one Edo Summoning can be used per bijuu battle
- 15% of chakra should be the cost for each summoning and permanently lost for the duration that the Edo is active.  So summoning the max of 3 zombies equals a loss of 45% of the summoner's total chakra pool.  Only when an Edo is sealed or un-summoned is when the user can start recovering the lost 15% for that summon.
- If an Edo summoning is sealed or captured, the user takes on 25% of the damage the Edo Tensei received.
- As long as Edo Tensei is being used, the user can only use defensive moves.  And these defensive moves can't be used in the motions of an attack.
- Alts & NPCs are not allowed to become Edo Tensei. You also can't trade alts with a friend for Edo Tensei zombies.  (If you can't trade sharingan eyes with friends anymore for the EMS you shouldn't be able to to trade Alts with friends to create mutual Edo Tensei.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:37:50 PM by Zojin »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2013, 08:30:35 PM »

I can agree to most of those rules except "If an Edo summoning is sealed or captured, the user takes on 25% of the damage the Edo Tensei received." I don't really know how that would work, care to explain? I personally don't think one should take damage if there Edo is sealed, as Rakudo said, it's odd.

I don't know how it would work  :oops:

Also, no ratio rule or teacher-student?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:31:54 PM by Trev »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »

I can agree to most of those rules except "If an Edo summoning is sealed or captured, the user takes on 25% of the damage the Edo Tensei received." I don't really know how that would work, care to explain? I personally don't think one should take damage if there Edo is sealed, as Rakudo said, it's odd.

Basically once an Edo Tensei is sealed away, some of the damage it sustained is transfered back to the summoner.  Similar to the workings of the Yamanaka Valentine jutsu.  Honor code on how much damage exactly is transfered.  It sounds like a wonky rule since it's not canon, but I think it's necessary for the balance of the RP.  As I said to Rakudo, we'll have to make slight alterations to the Narutoverse to accommodate it for the SL world.

Also, I was under the impression that some people were still discussing the teacher-student and ratio rule.  I read back a few pages but didn't see an exact for sure ruling on either of those ideas.  I can also throw in my input on those if requested o.o;

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

I also agree that taking damage once an Edo Tensei is sealed or captured doesn't make sense. I think if you're careless enough to get one of your Edo Tensei captured/sealed permanently, then that in itself is a downside since you're losing a specific character that can never be used again.

Plus if Edo Tensei are pretty much invulnerable, how do you even calculate 25% of potentially infinite damage? What if the Edo Tensei had been blown up multiple times by say... a bakuton technique, but reformed each time then eventually got trapped/sealed. How would 25% of being blown up relate to the damage the summoner takes? (sorry that's kind of an extreme example hehe).

I would think losing chakra would make more sense than damage, but then again, I don't have the best insight on balancing techniques.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.