Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Here we go!  (Read 5273 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Here we go!
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:22:57 AM »

Alright, time to just do this the way I am known to do things; blunt and fast.

Naruto Uzumaki, who we all know(Or most of us), can no longer get online and is leaving SL behind. As sad as this is, things must be done to settle other things.

While I was texting him today, he gave me full rights over his accounts, techniques, and items. With this, comes, as we all know, Hirashin and Rasengan.

Now, I know people frown upon suddenly gaining something through OOC but I want people's opinions on this.

Naruto has given me full permission to take these things but I want to work things so that my character gets them in RP. I was going to have Shinko go to Naruto and have Naruto give him scrolls containing the information of all his techniques.

Naruto cannot get online due to no internet and being busy IRL, so is this method bad?

I think it is fair in the end. My character would obviously have to show in gain progression and gradually build up his pace to master these techniques.

So, to those who comment, is this all okay? Is there any complaints?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Here we go!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »

Something like what happened to Bocchiere could be done (where he's simply treated as a vegetable, requiring zero activity on his part), like using Soul Removal on him and gaining all his knowledge and items. 

What I'm concerned with though is the method in which he originally learned Hiraishin. If he learned it from Dark personally, then he shouldn't be capable of teaching it to anybody, or having knowledge of it stripped from his mind.

As with controlling his characer's actions, donning his persona and the sort, well I don't really agree with that, even in this particular situation. That's just my stance, though.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 06:34:31 AM »

According to Dark the student/teacher rule was never a rule, just a strong suggestion. So he should totally go for it. Hai guys. On that note, someone should quickly murder him, since neither me nor Tsuyo were ever able to NOT slap him around like a kitten so he is not worthy. >>

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »

Extracted from the wikia (note: these rules were devised by Dark):
  • The secrets of the Hiraishin are known to a select few. With very few exceptions, this secret is one of Konohagakure's. After the Yondaime's disappearance, Darkshinobi created a scroll to moderate the secret of the skill. Any that were taught by him have signed this contract.
  • Imbued within the scroll are the secrets of the Flying Thunder God technique--but for them to be seen, the proprietor of the scroll and the contractee must simultaneously sign in their blood. In doing so, the scroll places a particular stipulation on the newest signer: they become incapable of speaking of, divulging the secrets of, or otherwise releasing the secrets of the Hiraishin to another. Furthermore, there is placed inside their minds a mental block of sorts that prevents extraneous entities from extracting the information via exterior skills.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:40:51 AM »

Maybe he meant in the past there was no such rule. If he wrote that down then that's pretty solid. Hazama could rp as Naruto then and use Hiraishin, but he couldn't teach it to his main. So since you have the scroll he would need Yumei's blood to teach it to his main?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:13:51 AM »

Then how about this?

Shinko's background is that he was raised by Naruto, which means he is sure to have seen the use of the technique once or twice. Which means he knows what the seal looks like.

What if I have him go to Naruto's house, take one of the specially crafted three pronged kunai marked for Hirashin, have him leave with it, and then IC have him study each aspect of the seal and how it works like that.

Learning it that way instead of causing a big fuss. This was it isn't just handed over.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »

Somebody (whose name I will not mention) asked me if they could do the same thing, having had Bocchiere's Hiraishin seal inscribed upon their body via walking through that automatic-Hiraishin-seal-placer barrier (and somehow surviving the journey home), and just study it via RP to learn Hiraishin, having learned of what exactly the technique seems to achieve through their peers.

Should everybody who has had a Hiraishin seal inscribed upon their body also have sufficient claim to learning the technique? Personally, I say not.

(In other words, if this is approved, then those 'others' (yes, there's more) will simply be more...and more...motivated to complain about learning Hiraishin in the same fashion; utilize your guile and think of the impact this'll have on the future.)

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

And out of all those people, I'm one that only really has official proof to call claims on it.

The others just mess around in an attempt to get the technique, though I can understand how my case would be used as examples by this, if this is allowed.

All I say in return is that out of these people, I have official claim, which you've personally seen, so I'd like to believe that I should be an exception from this. Though maybe I am missing something, the fine print or however they say.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »

I did void that Hiraishin Barrier in agreement with Kirk's plea to disarm the villages OP barriers. So anyone claiming a mark from me would not have it any longer.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

And out of all those people, I'm one that only really has official proof to call claims on it.

The others just mess around in an attempt to get the technique, though I can understand how my case would be used as examples by this, if this is allowed.

All I say in return is that out of these people, I have official claim, which you've personally seen, so I'd like to believe that I should be an exception from this. Though maybe I am missing something, the fine print or however they say.

Whether if you're the one who has a legit claim or not Dark's ruling supercedes Naruto's. Meaning although you can RP as Naruto and have complete access to all that his account carries, you can't learn the jutsu from Naruto's account.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »

That's what I've been telling him, Zenny.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »

You could just do a character merge by combining both characters into one. (Weird suggestion, i know, but the newest chapter sprouted the idea).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »

NarutoUzumaki =/= Spiral-Mask Zetsu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

Orochimaru's eternal life technique is an example of what I had been referring to. It is not so far fetched to possess the body and skills of one character, and the soul of another. Heck, you could very well merge the two into two split personalities, with one being dominant and the other mostly dormant. Alter egos anyone?

It is just plain uncreative to not think within that box when approached with a situation and crowd like this.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »

We could do well with minimal soul assimilating techniques.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 1.076 seconds with 19 queries.