Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Standard RP based guideline for SL  (Read 16335 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Standard RP based guideline for SL
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »

Sorry I have been away for the past few days and not able to comment on this. I been to drunk to get on here.....

Anyways I didn't read everything (first few pages) but I got the general idea of what is being talked over so now I will place my input.

I love the idea a nerfing (and for the guy who said only the weak would be for this... come find Uetto rp wise if you so wish. My character is a walking arsenal of thousands of jutsu.... so yeah. Uetto was always one to learn new stuff and that is how I have rped him but true power lies in rp skills not the skills your character knows or uses.)

Okay to go on. First off I like placing limits but we should keep in mind not to make SL loss it's creativity. I say do not limit how much one can learn but rather what they can learn... ex: You have a Ninjutsu Mastering character that uses Fuuton & Doton. You are free to learn as many of those class jutsu as you want but not Katon on any level.

Now if you ask me the best way to do this is to create templates for three main things: Characters, jutsu/weapon/seals/summons, and chakra. (Yes a Chakra template which causes the chakra spam SL has be burdened with to be nerfed.)

I will gladly make these templates (which would then be posted here on the form and able to be edited by the comments from all).

Now the most important matter here is that you can not force this upon everyone. It is simple as that; however, you can choose who to rp with and who not. So I say lets create these templates/guidelines and those of us who wish to follow them do so. Regardless what others think.

Also there will have to be some categorizing on jutsu/skills done. For example you will/should be allowed one forbidden jutsu.... well then make the jashin thing a forbidden jutsu, along with Sage Mode, that way such things are not spammed. Edo, Gates, Earth Grudge, Flying Thunder God, Curse Seals, Yin Release, Raiton no Yoroi (yes it should be such to prevent quick speed spamming like a gate/raiton no yoroi combination) ect. all forbidden jutsu.

Back when I would make templates for Forums I did this kind of stuff all the time. I think I can take the general idea here and make a format to do off of. And if we get these formats going perhaps Neji could grant us with a character/jutsu/weapon creation section here on the forum for us to organize this all.

Edit in: Let us bring back what true power is. Not how many skills you know, but know how to use what you have. Plus with this people will have to think a lot harder about how to create their character. Also throw all the in game resets out the window for this. Lets get creative without them.

Double Edit in: I would also like to point out that people can still have OP characters with this. They will just be a lot more enjoyable to play with OPness. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:43:34 PM by UettoSenju »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2013, 04:52:02 AM »

Trying to discuss rules or changing of rules seems to crash land itself. I think the main problem here is that discussion of changing many rules should be changed to discussing one rule at a time at least. I only read the first 2-3 pages, since after that it seemed to be just bashing other people left and right.

Also about the 1-2 KG only thing, it would be pretty hard to implement. Especially since some people take more liberty to fill up all 4 of their resets and claim them as a different KG. Rinnegan gets somewhat of a pass, since it's a KG that requires two certain KG to awaken. But all in all, I'm feeling for this. I myself have only two KG, with 8 of my other resets going solely towards Senjutsu/Susanoo/all that stuff.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2013, 05:46:17 AM »

Also throw all the in game resets out the window for this. Lets get creative without them. 

I dunno about that. I think this is one of those catch 22 situations. You can say that resets are no big deal because you can just buy an account. In spite of what someone else can or can't buy some people do work hard for their stuff. Why should they be penalized?

Besides, It's an easy system to follow; "if you have it in the forest, it's fair game.' This is after all, a game site, not an RP site.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:15 AM »

I didn't say anyone would be penalized. I pointed out there was no way to enforce such a thing upon SL but rather those who wanted to do it could do so.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

Sorry I have been away for the past few days and not able to comment on this. I been to drunk to get on here.....
There is no such thing as too drunk to RP/post! :D
Here, watch me prove that with this post.

This is after all, a game site, not an RP site.
And this is why SL will never really work as an RP site. We all know, it's not built for it.
So what? Clearly that hasn't stopped anybody. Kirk's been here easily as long as I have, probably longer. He's been RPing ever since I first showed up.
I don't like saying "Oh SL doesn't work for RP because it's a game site" because it has "worked" (used loosely) for a lot of people for a long time. In fact, there was a point when SL was amazing for RP.

But something happened.
Back when SL rocked, there was no Rinnegan, Mokuton, Sage Mode, Jiongu, LRA, FTG, Yin Seal, Edo Tensei (save for Oro's single usage against the third, but nobody claimed to be able to use it), etc.
The game didn't get broken, the manga did and the game broke as a result of that.

So what does this mean in terms of the rules?
It means that people can now get ridiculously powerful. So powerful that they can be the undisputed Kyūbi host until they give it away. There are people who can literally be called unbeatable because of what their characters can do.

Which pisses me off.
Why can't I claim Fūinjutsu Speciality, an OP Summoning Contract, Shikotsumyaku Speciality, Uchiha Grand Mastery, Senju Grand Mastery, Sage Mode Mastery, Hirashin and Kekkai Speciality? I know that's my dream character, because then I could go kill Zenaku.
But my personal vendetta aside,

I think we should stop talking and take a vote. Can forums do something like that? Talk is cheap, but if we actually make an affirmation that SOMETHING needs to change on the site, then we can find out if the majority or RPers (not just you "big dogs" of the site, but everybody) actually want this. What about all the people who don't use the forum? How is this sudden decision to change the rules of SL fair to them?

The last thing I want to mention is one technique that need to be BANNED.
I hate LRA. It's so broken. What downside does it have? It's like a susanoo for anyone who has a raiton affinity and it gives you lotus-like speed. The only thing faster is FTG, and Naruto's plot-armor.
Wtf, no.
Did you know that even Susanoo has a weakness? Yup, it consumes the user's life. So if you spam it, you die.

How many people on SL have died from overuse of Susanoo?
Zero.
How many people should be dead from overuse of Susanoo?
I couldn't count them all.

So LRA is busted, you can't argue against that.

Yeeeaaah, I just realized this became a drunken, off-topic rant. But eff it, I'm gonna post it anyways because I put a lot of thought into it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:39:34 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »

I say we drop everything and make this a "Ban Raiton no Yoroi" topic. I think everyone can agree to that.  :D

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

I say we drop everything and make this a "Ban Raiton no Yoroi" topic. I think everyone can agree to that.  :D

I feel like your making fun of me.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »

The game didn't get broken, the manga did and the game broke as a result of that.

I think this basically summarizes the whole the about OPness. Since the manga isn't over yet we will see how more broken the manga will be by making existing or new techniques requiring either Sage Mode, Rinnegan, EMS (or it's lesser counterpart MS), or Mokuton even more powerful.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

Naruto is getting pretty bad for having OP characters. Not quite as bad as DBZ but it's getting there. In order to really make this work, everyone has to agree for it themselves. I mean, I've always believed that RP here should use loose interpretationalism. Yet I've seen quite a bit of, "I've never seen that so you can't do it."

Sound based Genjutsu! That'ts godmod!
And, enter Tayuya into the manga~

Sealing chakra into yourself? That's godmod!
Enter Tsunade!

Stealing elements? Impossi-
Enter Kakuzu

Immortality? Hell no, you can't-
Enter Hidan!

Flying? No, flying is-
Enter Tsuchikage!

Call me a Naruto hipster but I did all that before it was canon and it pissed people off, so I changed things. My opinion, with the exception of something that's really OPly out there, Don't tell someone else what they're capable of.

Now that that's out there, let's make a list of what people aren't capable of! ^.^

Copying KG moves with a sharingan. That's a no no.
Insta-death jutsu
Summoning contract for Godzilla (Copyright infringement, don't do it, bah, who am I kidding?)

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2013, 09:12:56 PM »

Going to have this thread locked. I and others are going to follow these guidelines and try to spread it to other people. If you wish to follow these and have further questions contact me. Thanks for inputting. ~
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »

posts before the thread is locked, trolololol

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 03:13:48 AM »

posts before the thread is locked, trolololol

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.