Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Otogakure as a Village?

Yes
- 15 (88.2%)
No
- 1 (5.9%)
Indifferent
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Otogakure as village of birth  (Read 17079 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Otogakure as village of birth
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 06:51:13 AM »

I agree with this. Make Ninja Central the no pvp zone.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Rockjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 07:06:35 AM »

Plus the whole "hitch hiking" thing to it would also make sense (at least to me) since it would be a last resort kinda thing to run to it

Hotaru

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »

I would love to see this become a real village! I think it would be exciting and interesting in and out of rp.
Sophie: They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst.

Calcifer: Yeah, but no-one really believes that. Come on, let's be honest.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 11:44:05 PM »

Bump. Can we get this idea shot down or approved Neji????
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 02:35:23 AM »

uses her amazing powers of denial to edit out the 'shot down' part from Trev's post.
 :smt051 :smt072

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 05:50:22 AM »

I'm just trying to move on with my life xD, so a yes or no would do me wonders. A yes to get things going or a no to destroy my hopes lol

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »

THIS TOPIC WAS MADE ALMOST EXACTLY 2 YEARS AGO. (It's like 2 weeks over it)

Neji come on man. 2 years we've waited for an answer.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »

Maybe he's waited all this time for you guys to figure out on your own its not happening.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »

Nah. He'll do it. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 05:43:57 PM »

Maybe he's waited all this time for you guys to figure out on your own its not happening.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 09:37:21 PM »

He'll be waiting a long time.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »

Jiseigakure as the "safe place" and Oto reinstated.
Although the village itself, Oto, will not contain nearly as many shops and such...
Seems like a plausible request.

Oliver?  =)

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 03:27:45 AM »

In case Neji does read this, I'll summarize the counter-arguments too...and I also emphasize they aren't meant as an offense to anyone, regardless of how they may sound >_>

To put it simply there's no real point to restore Oto, since for one there is no buff to give them since the main villages have all 5 in use already, and anyone can travel there now since buying the map is no longer required, its not even an expensive travel and you can get there from basically anywhere. If that isn't enough you can now also scry it through the gypsy tent no problem, for just a smidgen of gold.

I mean, to be blunt, there's plenty ways to get there, clan halls can be accessed from basically anywhere too, even shades, so...isn't demanding even more kinda just the laziness talking?

As for an RP pov, Otogakure never was a real village in canon, just a fake name for Orochimaru's various labs and experiments/freaks. In-game village of birth is already basically completely inconsequential RP-wise, has been for a long time, so what purpose would adding oto to that list serve outside of feeding the nostalgia of either current or former oto people?

Nothing really. And as aforementioned it wouldn't change anything RP-wise either, because one can already do all the RP possible from basically anywhere.

There is one thing I will agree on though; the event about the vendor selling a map to Otogakure should be turned off. Going there hasn't required it in a long time, isn't going to again either from the looks of it, so currently the event serves no purpose other than a hoax to eat up a load of your gems for nothing.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:47 AM »

In case Neji does read this, I'll summarize the counter-arguments too...and I also emphasize they aren't meant as an offense to anyone, regardless of how they may sound >_>

To put it simply there's no real point to restore Oto, since for one there is no buff to give them since the main villages have all 5 in use already, and anyone can travel there now since buying the map is no longer required, its not even an expensive travel and you can get there from basically anywhere. If that isn't enough you can now also scry it through the gypsy tent no problem, for just a smidgen of gold.

I mean, to be blunt, there's plenty ways to get there, clan halls can be accessed from basically anywhere too, even shades, so...isn't demanding even more kinda just the laziness talking?

As for an RP pov, Otogakure never was a real village in canon, just a fake name for Orochimaru's various labs and experiments/freaks. In-game village of birth is already basically completely inconsequential RP-wise, has been for a long time, so what purpose would adding oto to that list serve outside of feeding the nostalgia of either current or former oto people?

Nothing really. And as aforementioned it wouldn't change anything RP-wise either, because one can already do all the RP possible from basically anywhere.

There is one thing I will agree on though; the event about the vendor selling a map to Otogakure should be turned off. Going there hasn't required it in a long time, isn't going to again either from the looks of it, so currently the event serves no purpose other than a hoax to eat up a load of your gems for nothing.

GET OUT

Edit:

We already said we don't need/want a buff. KG make village buffs useless anyway.

So you're backing up that it's already available everywhere? Good. :D So since it already functions like a main village why not make it one?

And for RP. Please keep in mind SL picks and chooses which parts of canon it wants to follow. Remember some villages on here aren't even from Naruto or were blown up years ago. (Uzumakis anyone)

Warren that wasn't against us at all. You just stated how useless it would be while acknowledging that the only thing keeping it from being a village is birth choice.

What difference would it make? Why not just turn it on since like said, it's already a main village more or less.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:40:56 AM by Madara (Shadow) »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 03:52:18 AM »

Just the same I could say all you in turn just did was prove me right, that coding that stuff would be a pointless hassle for no true benefit whatsoever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 1.069 seconds with 22 queries.