Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Otogakure as a Village?

Yes
- 15 (88.2%)
No
- 1 (5.9%)
Indifferent
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Otogakure as village of birth  (Read 17082 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Otogakure as village of birth
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2015, 04:28:10 AM »

Just the same I could say all you in turn just did was prove me right, that coding that stuff would be a pointless hassle for no true benefit whatsoever.

It's not a hassle at all to implement it as a village. .-.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2015, 05:04:47 AM »

I don't really see your point about the clan halls Warren, considering it's just the clan halls, not the village board, so kind of a moot point. Also for scrying, you assume everyone has access to vast amounts of gold. Now I know how easy it is to attain gold, at a certain point. But gold for some players is harder to get. This becomes an issue since every five or so post, the gypsy charges you again. Making any longer rp problematic. You could travel I suppose, but god forbid you wanted to level that day, since travel points go by fairly quickly.

I also imagine it wound't be that much of a hassle, considering it use to be in the system and I'd wager either Neji still has the code that would make Otogakure a village, or could easily change the module of a current village and make an Otogakure one. Becomes even easier when you take away shops as Ace suggested.

You say there are no benefits?
1. Could rp easier in Otogakure as it could be my birth village (This applies to people outside the clan as well. I know when I wanted to rp in Kiri or Suna for a big rp, I'd change my village race to make it easier)
2. Anyone that stays around Otogakure can now level without traveling
3. Gypsy tent doesn't have to be used as often
4. More options to choose from (More is better) If I could have Neji create other small villages I would, but picking and choosing my fights >.>
5. Improves chances of donations. Typically when a site owner helps those who log in with their request, they tend to return the favor. At least I intend to.

I can see why you think it's pointless, but to make an entire counter argument to a topic 2+ years in the making when a moderator just gave us a glimmer of hope is pretty evil man xD Little joke there just in case that didn't translate over. But as Ace pointed to, lets let Oliver decide if it's worth his time.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 07:22:42 AM »

Came out of forum-hiding to extend my support for this idea. Trev makes good points, and I personally know that my bio is how people on SL see me, so I'd like for it to be as perfect as I imagine. Having an inaccurate image between my name and picture feels... sad.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2015, 03:03:39 AM »

As of right now to travel to Otogakure it costs 5 travel points regardless of what village you are in. While Jiseigakure travel costs scales to where you are so... If Jiseigakure is to become the safe zone, to balance it you will need to make the travel cost to there all equal from all villages and scale traveling to Otogakure differently.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2015, 07:08:37 AM »

#BringOtoBack
No seriously though, the entire removal of Oto as a serious village was a complete curve ball when that update was implemented a while back. Ninja Central becoming Jise turned it deader than ever too D: I say we put Oto back as it was and make Jisegakure Uzushiogakure! :) ;) ;-) ;-{o

Wouldn't be bad to just add Oto to the already set list and we don't need a buff, we just want to know our race is not extinct, because we aren't. Just because Oto isn't a real village canon doesn't matter. We RP a completely different world, where we MAKE our own history, meaning Otogakure could very well be an actual village and was never run by Orochimaru. Thats why Orochimaru is this ultimate boss that we must defeat because his schemes have strayed far from Otogakure and he has plotted to rain doom onto Shinobi Legends like Kaguya did to the Naruto Series. This is all unique for a reason, no one wants to re-create a story already told! Whats the fun in that? As apart of the Oto-crew I vouch to get it back as a village of birth!

SL isn't the Naruto series, we can have our own customs! Its all good, mane.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »

People may not know a poll was added to this topic...I didn't notice until today. So now 2 people have voted.

Rockjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2015, 11:13:47 PM »

Voted. Please bring it back.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »

Can you explain in detail what benefit it will really do to the game now? =)

Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »

Other than making the people who have characters from Otogakure happy?

I think that those points were already covered.

1] You can forest fight and rp in the same place without having to scry over and over, that only lasts so long and must be paid for after a certain amount of time, or use up a bunch of travel points moving to a fighting forest and then back again for rp. With this convenience reestablished for Otogakure, activity there would probably increase.

2] You can still retain the village of your birth without having to turn your character into a sitter account.

3] Buffs could be added for choosing Otogakure as a birth village if you are looking for a measurable benefit for doing so. True the base stats are already allotted to the current 5 villages. Most DnD games have 6 stats, though no doubt that would create a major hassle in coding to add in. SO I don't know. Maybe a buff to speed, though in my mind that makes more sense for Kumogakure. Or a buff to your companion. I don't really see that a buff is required.

4] If Otogakure were enabled as a village of birth, this would attract new players, or new alts of existing members, to choose that option thereby increasing the likelihood of more rp activity in the village. AS it is now, there is no incentive to even visit there. It creates isolation rather than incorporating that population of the community to the overall interactions on the site. Otogakure is dying. I believe it is a shame to just permit that to occur considering the long history of activity that village has inspired over the years.

My main desire, other than the functional ease mentioned between leveling while rping, is sentiment. On SL it was a main village and I created characters based on that history. There is nothing now to indicate on my SL bio that is the case unless I use my limited text space, which could be used for other details, to make that notation myself.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 12:57:27 AM »

Added diversity to available races. You see online games such a Wow add new races all the time. Why not SL? :)
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2015, 02:56:42 AM »

Diversity. Add Amegakure while we're at it.

SL should be a place where we embrace diversity!

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »

When wasn't making players happy enough persuasion? ;--;
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rockjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2015, 05:53:47 AM »

Can you explain in detail what benefit it will really do to the game now? =)
Make people happy? As someone who joined a while ago, i would like to get my old profile rolling instead of just sitting on it since my account is now officially considered rare. Plus even the poll (even though there is only 11 votes in it) shows its wanted. Usually it would be spread even or there would be some faulting but EVERY SINGLE VOTE, is in YES.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2015, 06:19:32 AM »

make that 12!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »

Is very sure that 1 no vote is a typo :smt026.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.