Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pirated Rinnegan  (Read 6181 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Pirated Rinnegan
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »

I can kind of see why the decision was made... but it's still pretty silly-willy-vanilly-frilly.

And, frankly, if the fact you spent money to obtain resets merits authority, Bocc, Mei, Rares, so on should be titled kings of SL with custom Juubis.

This is pretty much arguing that people who have never owned/operated a business deserve the ability to run one because they asked for it, where the one who has ran small businesses and dealt with firms should keep working harder because there's a snowball's chance in hell they can run anything bigger.

Yumei said it was so people can't have Rinnegan and Sage Mode and even that doesn't fly with me. There does not need to be a rule for that, we all know that NO ONE would accept a character with Rinnegan and Sage Mode.
*sweeps his plans under the rug* >> << >>

My two cents is that if the Rinnegan is legit, then it should only allow access to the paths which the original person had unlocked (in this case, all six). But just know that foreign doujutsu tend to really tax at a person's chakra. Unless they're of Senju or Uzumaki lineage.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

I can kind of see why the decision was made... but it's still pretty silly-willy-vanilly-frilly.

And, frankly, if the fact you spent money to obtain resets merits authority, Bocc, Mei, Rares, so on should be titled kings of SL with custom Juubis.

This is pretty much arguing that people who have never owned/operated a business deserve the ability to run one because they asked for it, where the one who has ran small businesses and dealt with firms should keep working harder because there's a snowball's chance in hell they can run anything bigger.

Yumei said it was so people can't have Rinnegan and Sage Mode and even that doesn't fly with me. There does not need to be a rule for that, we all know that NO ONE would accept a character with Rinnegan and Sage Mode.
*sweeps his plans under the rug* >> << >>

My two cents is that if the Rinnegan is legit, then it should only allow access to the paths which the original person had unlocked (in this case, all six). But just know that foreign doujutsu tend to really tax at a person's chakra. Unless they're of Senju or Uzumaki lineage.

That is the general idea.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 09:34:19 AM »

Dangit.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

So long as this eye is legit and you can show some sing of Uzumaki or Senju bloodline then there is no reason the implant would not work in my mind.

I think it is required to have the Uzumaki/Senju Bloodline trait.

Really though the main focus of these things has always been is the eye legit... if so then there should be little arguments about this.

To say he can not use a Rinnegan because he has Rinnegan resets is just plan stupid in my thoughts. If anything I feel one should have to have the resets before being able to claim the implant.... I could see locking the other paths until they are unlocked through the resets but not voiding the implantation of a legit eye.

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »

So long as this eye is legit and you can show some sing of Uzumaki or Senju bloodline then there is no reason the implant would not work in my mind.

I think it is required to have the Uzumaki/Senju Bloodline trait.

Really though the main focus of these things has always been is the eye legit... if so then there should be little arguments about this.

To say he can not use a Rinnegan because he has Rinnegan resets is just plan stupid in my thoughts. If anything I feel one should have to have the resets before being able to claim the implant.... I could see locking the other paths until they are unlocked through the resets but not voiding the implantation of a legit eye.

As of now, it is still in the air whether the eye Rakudo got from Seiya is legit or not.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »

It seems like it should be, Seiya told me.

---Original Message from Cloud Strife(2013-08-08 11:37:38)---
I don't think it's, playername is Kyuubi something. I've asked Crim. It was before the Rinnegan revelation shit.

Her resets went like this:
Sharingan
Rinnegan
Hyouton
Kaguya

If it was Byakugan+Rinnegan it would be legit.

Seiya is of course mistaken, if it was before the Rinnegan revelation locking yourself out of Mokuton with Hyouton would still make the Rinnegan legit.

Also Jolt is now saying he is going to use a 6 Path eye, when he has those 3 Path resets, so I guess that rule doesn't apply anymore.

In a semi-related topic, Jolt is saying he can use Mangekyo Sharingan with no resets, which I don't agree with. He is claiming an implanted eye that he can switch back and forth between three tomoe and Mangekyo and use Mangekyo techniques. I don't believe you should be able to use Mangekyo without resets, at least not like that. I said that it might make sense if he said it is always in Mangekyo and has an even higher chakra drain than Kakashi's eye which is always three tomoe.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:11:45 PM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:46:07 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »

That's perfect Rai. xD Though it is a rule from Cyborg Yumei, maybe he just has a virus or something. Have you done a crap cleaner sweep recently, Yumei?

Oh my god I'm going to be thinking of DBZ Abriged Mecha-Frieze whenever I see Yumei talking now. xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mxSRmLBuL4k&t=451
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:20:05 PM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »

If you met the prerequisites to gain Rinnegan, then I don't see why we're at this point.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »

I can just claim my 4 Path eye, but we are waiting to see if the 6 Path eye I got is legit.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »

Have you done a crap cleaner sweep recently, Yumei?

That would require purging you though, so it doesn't seem like I have yet.

And for this Kuubi-something's Rinnegan, did s/he ever bother awakening it in RP (with a proper transition from the EMS (did s/he even have it?))? I agree with Kirk, just because one has resets in the Rinnegan shouldn't entitle them to using it automatically.

Allegedly, I never stated those were 'rules' or anything of the sort; what I disclosed before this post were simply what I believed should be (in other words, an opinion, not the opinion). I'm not as terrible as the majority of you here appear to think, don't play victim to grave misinformation.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »

I'm not as terrible as the majority of you here appear to think
That's just what someone who is terrible would want us to think. >> I don't know yet though, we are waiting to find out what Seiya comes up with. You should tell people those aren't the rules then because Jolt was saying that you said it so that's the rule. Of course that part is irrelevant now since Jolt is no longer saying that is the rule, but that will probably change 5 more times before the fight starts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:09:56 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 12:14:05 AM »

I'm not as terrible as the majority of you here appear to think
That's just what someone who is terrible would want us to think. >> I don't know yet though, we are waiting to find out what Seiya comes up with. You should tell people those aren't the rules then because Jolt was saying that you said it so that's the rule. Of course that part is irrelevant know since Jolt is no longer saying that is the rule, but that will probably change 5 more times before the fight starts.

---Original Message from Kokūzō Yūmei(2013-08-07 23:51:39)---
This is what I sent Rakudo:

"Obito wouldn't attain a Rinnegan in the first place unless he got it implanted from Madara, because he was a bad boy and didn't unlock it properly. Obito would have something like 2/3/4 Uchiha, 6 Rinnegan and 3/4 Mokuton resets, typically. Nagato would have 6 Rinnegan resets, and still require an implant. This is using SL-standards here."

Anyway, whether or not either of you choose to have a Rinnegan reset to claim one you yourselves did not really unlock via canon standards (as in, by not having it implanted) is entirely up to you, I'm not going to shove Exdeath's face in front of yours for not doing so (though Rakudo by all means should if and it's proven Cloud Strife's Rinnegan isn't legitimate, not to mention I don't see him claiming anywhere that he's a Senju or Uzumaki).

I simply believe that there shouldn't be any easy means of obtaining the Rinnegan, no matter what. It doesn't bode well with me with this not being the case.

To be fair, when I created those 'Rinnegan Revelation' rules, I stuck an [Implied] tag in front of it, really just a prototype. People suddenly started reposting similar things on their own wiki page and then claimed that I had created an official batch of rules or something of a similar sort, something of which I'd never announced, thinking at the time it was a good idea to formulate some ground rules. The fact that people used them though somewhat implies that they wanted rules; anyway who cares, fact of the matter is I'm not an official rule-setter or anything, those matters are handled here, as they're completely community affairs with my contribution of little significance in any sense.

Edit: I sent that PM as a response to Jolt.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:15:06 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »

Allegedly, I never stated those were 'rules' or anything of the sort; what I disclosed before this post were simply what I believed should be (in other words, an opinion, not the opinion). I'm not as terrible as the majority of you here appear to think, don't play victim to grave misinformation.

This is True. I had a question to Yūmei myself as to whether a pirated Rinnegan should require a single reset for each path being used, just to make it fair. Many believed it shouldn't as long as the eye was legitly obtained/unlocked before getting the implant.

Yūmei's was referred to when I asked Zen, a GM that I thought would know so I figured the referral of a Game Master to someone else meant Yūmei would be able to solve it, so I went with his opinion before he got called an Idiot.  :o
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 12:20:44 AM »

Well you were wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 16 queries.