Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Is Kage dead?

Yes, obviously.
No, obviously.
No, but I'll help you kill him.
No one cares stop making forum posts every time you get in an argument.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Since nothing can be solved between two people it seems..  (Read 3190 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Since nothing can be solved between two people it seems..
« on: August 13, 2013, 03:05:01 AM »

So yeah, might as well. Is Kage dead or not?

The Facts:

Yes, we did not say at the start of the fight if it was OOC or IC.

I told Kage multiple times through out the fight that his character was going to be dead at the end of the fight. At no point in response to those statements or at any other point in the fight did Kage tell me that he thought it was OOC, only after it was decided he lost did he claim it was OOC.

So let's just be done with this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:31:25 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Since nothing can be solved between two people it seems..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:01:28 AM »

That's actually the fourth option. I guess we can add illiterate to your list of virtues.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 06:11:35 AM »

The topic's purpose is to end a disagreement between me and Kage. Since no one will ever admit they are wrong I just post things on the forum now instead of pm'ing 10 different people for opinions. You were probably too distracted coming up with comments to antagonize me for no reason to notice that. Please don't post in my topics if you are not going to to contribute anything.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:10 AM »

Kage is lying then, he never claimed it was OOC till the fight was over. My point with the bragging as you call it is that I was obviously showing Kage that I thought it was IC. Also I said please, so reported.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »

I reported you for continually harassing me with antagonistic comments. This topic had nothing to do with you and did not mention you in any way shape or form but you still post in it trying to antagonize me, you're still doing it right now after I asked you to stop. So if I cannot even speak on the forum without you antagonizing me and you don't even realize when you are doing it then that is a problem, one that you should stop compounding.

I've addressed the situation about Kage several times in passing and I am well aware of his claims but now he is refuting my claims on the wiki so I made a topic to discuss it. I believe I made it perfectly clear to Kage in our fight that I thought it was IC which he never denied, because he wanted to kill me and get the Totsuka Sword if he won. Since he lost he claimed it was OOC. I think that is silly and obviously Kage is never going to agree that he is dead. So here I am. Once again, if you want to post here please trying to antagonize me.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

Fourth option!  Not just because seeing these silly arguments ("Pow! I gotcha!" "No ya didn't, no ya didn't!") has grown a bit stale in my opinion but also because the only real evidence we have are going to be from either you...or Kage.

So fundamentally every piece of evidence is going to be biased towards one side or another, and opinions made from those biases are going to be equally so.  Unfortunately this isn't a real courtroom and these types of things don't make it to trial only after sufficient evidence has been submitted and whatnot.

If you two can't solve it on your own, how is anyone else supposed to?  We only know what either of you tells us.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:24 AM »

I've taken to the forums only because it takes less effort then pm'ing a dozen people for opinions and *coughs* generally people behave themselves here. You are right though.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »

Well, I mean, if the clause was there but ignored but a person then the person informed (regardless of their acceptance or not) is responsible if they continued; the best way to prove it is to show some print screens of the messages, ya know?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:21 PM »

Print screen messages can be forged you know. It's not that hard to do with some creative text editing before you take the shot.

Anyway, I am unsure why any of us have to continuing dealing with someone who was perma banned from SL.

THAT makes no sense to me at all.

But he's not Bocc  :smt110

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 05:42:27 PM »

Print screen messages can be forged you know.

I guess you'd never be able to prove I'm Bocch anyway then. I bet you'll stop talking about it now too, right? We don't have any saved messages, that I know of anyway, by the way.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:15:55 PM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »

I want to say that Kage is still alive purely because it was never officially stated that the fight was either OOC or IC.  As I doubt Rakudo did the research, travel time, and effort to enter Amegakure (guessing that's where Kage usually is?) to attack the Amekage, I would say the challenge should be automatically assumed OOC until declared differently.

However~  If Rakudo did clearly state that the fight was IC multiple times, more so than a generic "I'm going to kill you!" threat, then I can see how that could change things.  If you want anything to happen I think both you and Kage should take screen shots of your conversations.  If you both supply screen shots of the same PMs, that could make it easier to distinguish whether or not there's foul play.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »

From letting this continue on, I've come to the conclusion that this has gone far enough. Kayenta, I understand where you're coming from but I think that Rakudo should wait for Kyu (sploofmoof) to really come to terms with a conclusion on this... Seeing how he is a Game Master. Or hell even Kamui.

With that being said I think Kayenta you need to just... For a lack of a better term take a chill pill.
~~ The Epic Moments on AIM ~~
Me: You're the bigger one. You should be making me less bored.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--
>> Gotta love little big sis and big lil' bro moments.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »

I want to say that Kage is still alive purely because it was never officially stated that the fight was either OOC or IC.  As I doubt Rakudo did the research, travel time, and effort to enter Amegakure (guessing that's where Kage usually is?) to attack the Amekage, I would say the challenge should be automatically assumed OOC until declared differently.

However~  If Rakudo did clearly state that the fight was IC multiple times, more so than a generic "I'm going to kill you!" threat, then I can see how that could change things.  If you want anything to happen I think both you and Kage should take screen shots of your conversations.  If you both supply screen shots of the same PMs, that could make it easier to distinguish whether or not there's foul play.

Unless Kage has some there aren't any, I didn't think to save them at the time. I wasn't even just like "Imma kill you." I actually told Kage, when the decision that I won off of was being made, and we were talking about his crazy Susanoo, that I wasn't going to bother arguing his abilities anymore since they would not matter after this decision since it was going to kill his character off, so it wouldn't matter what he is claiming anymore. That's my only argument I guess, I was a lot more specific then "You gonna lose."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »

Don't take it as me being conceited if I'm quoting myself here.
I told you several times in the fight that you would be dead when the fight was over. You never responded to those messages saying "Oh but the fights OOC." you just said nothing because you thought you could win. I like how you're just making things up too "first you whine to me about your Rinnegan being legit". I'm pretty sure you wanted to void it and I said "I'm going to use it, get a judge to say I can't." and you just chose not to. Don't we keep saying people should be able to rp what they want? That's what I'm telling you, I'm rping that you're dead you can rp you're alive, no skin off my nose.
At the time, my Bijuu my rules. I was already doing other IC things before and at the time of the fight, so it would make no sense for me to be in two places at once without one of the "mes" being a clone. And it's like I said, I decided that you can use that Rinnegan. Any other person would have straight-up slapped your crap and told you no. So stop trying to beat this dead horse of an argument of yours alive.

Besides, with wordplay being your whole shtick, you should technically have already been dead with relying on all those pirated doujutsu of yours. But I'm sure that you'll retract that argument now that you clearly have killed yourself with it.
This is your only argument against me in making it IC. I chose to ignore and shrug off those messages of your taunting because I didn't feel it was necessary to reply to them.

As for what I was doing IC, I was forming and sealing the Rokubi inside my sanctuary under the Tower of Pain in Amegakure. (Referred to as Takama-ga-Hara. This occurred inside the clan halls, so it wasn't exactly for public viewing.) When it came to keeping the beast sealed and secured, I made a spherical prison/cage composed of three Wood Dragons in an encircled formation. This would easily keep it restrained, as well as the genjutsu I had already placed it under with my Sharingan before imprisoning it. This happened about a little before the fight.

I continued my IC actions after giving myself some time to rest by creating a Summoning Contract to bind the Bijuu to. This occurred right before and extended during the fight. I created a big scroll from the giant tree I had there by using a combination of Wood Release and Paper Ninjutsu. From there I used the chakra-absorbing properties of the Wood Dragons to bind and seal a little of it's chakra to it, and signed my name in blood onto it to complete the contract and make it official. Shortly after, I began to experiment a bit with it's chakra, which included it's effects on myself when absorbed via the Wood Dragons, as well as familiarizing myself with it sensory-wise.

By this time, we had run into our little argument about him character-controlling my Susanoo to appear behind myself, making me vulnerable to his wind attack and dying in this OOC battle. I didn't agree with that, and proceeded to post that my Susanoo did indeed spawn around myself as it would by default with anyone else unless specified. He didn't like that, so he declared me to be retro-posting god-modding and declared himself to have won. He wouldn't really listen to my reasoning, so he called for a judge to make it official. A day or so later after giving our reasoning and such, the character-controlling ruling was in his favor. So I was told to repost or be considered dead/lost. And I did, reposting that I merely jumped backwards into my Susanoo which was very clearly stated by him to be behind me. That didn't fly with him, and he said again that I'm dead, he won, and dragged my body off somewhere. I wasn't really given an opportunity to argue against it, since it would seem like at every turn, he would declare me dead. He said I could redo my posting and die again, to which I simply ignored the fight for a week and gave up the beast since it was too much trouble to deal with. That, and I couldn't really stand for and go along with a character-controlling ruling. It just ruins the fun in RP if after every post, he's going to say that I'm dead and there's nothing I can do about it.

But let's remember, I never agreed to this being IC, and was doing other IC things at the same time. I have members of my clan/village that can vouch for me doing these things during the fight (if they can remember that far back, I hope). Though this subject of me being actually dead didn't come up until now, when he just listed me as being one of his Edo Tenseis. Heck, he's been wanting to make me an Edo Tensei even before he got back on with Hoshimi and later bought/RPed as Rakudo. He really wasn't able to do so before though, since it was almost unanimously decided that everyone would void him in RP, and his perma-ban came right after that.

td;dr
The fight was OOC, I was busy with other IC things before and at the same time. I never stated it was IC at all. Can't be in two places at once, and he didn't come all the way to my village, break through the gates, fight off the guards and defenders, come to my sanctum and fight me. Nor did I go all the way out of my sanctum, tower, village, land and into some random spot to fight.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »

From letting this continue on, I've come to the conclusion that this has gone far enough. Kayenta, I understand where you're coming from but I think that Rakudo should wait for Kyu (sploofmoof) to really come to terms with a conclusion on this... Seeing how he is a Game Master. Or hell even Kamui.

With that being said I think Kayenta you need to just... For a lack of a better term take a chill pill.

But see the problem here is what I pointed out in my last post, a lack of any PM's (even though those ARE a shaky evidence factor, look at what happened with shinro in the edo tensei thread it looked like someone forged a message from him pretty easily.) means there's a real lack of any evidence.

If I were forced to make a decision though, I would have to lean towards the fight being OOC by my standards.  As to my knowledge there was no IC tracking down of Kage and luring him out into a zone alone, and to ME (I get my opinions don't line up with all of SL's perfectly here) that makes the fight completely OOC in my eyes.

I would never consider a bijuu fight IC unless they were tracked down and assassinated or unless the two both agreed to it being IC , which in this case is being debated so going with what I can readily see.... it was not agreed upon whether or not it was IC or not. It seems to me that Rakudo simply thought Kage should have known that it was IC without officially stating it and Kage thought it was OOC without officially stating it.

It's that disagreement that forces me to cause my judgement to fall back onto my opinion of what an IC fight would be. 

But no staff outright has the authority to control RP outcomes, I cannot make them go along with what I think is correct and no one should really have that power single handedly.  People come to US for advice on RP matters and we give it, that's pretty much all we can do.  This works most of the time if the people involved agreed on a judge who is impartial to the situation.

Sorry for the long winded post here, just trying to make sure I'm explaining my thought process well enough.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.