Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Question about Summoning Contracts  (Read 4762 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Question about Summoning Contracts
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »

The contract should not be claimed. The specific entity you create (a special summon that helps you most) can.

That's exactly what I am going for.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 12:10:54 AM »

The only problem I really have with "claiming" summoning contracts is the various species and sub-species that basically fall under the same category of that certain species that the user is trying to claim. Example; ( I claimed "Marsupials" as a primary summoning contract then decide to claim Koalas as a secondary contract)

I feel that Animal Path summons are excluded from this since I can claim Snakes as primary Animal Path summon but I cannot escape the fact that I will still be met with rebuttal from the current user whom claimed them because as Raifudo said.

Have you learned nothing? SL's stingy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:16:41 AM by Camel »

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 12:13:41 AM »

I claim snakes even though Kayenta says she has the contract. Why? Not to disrespect her, but I'm just wondering how someone expects to have 'claimed' the thousands of other snakes. It just doesn't work that way.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 06:09:05 AM »

I've noticed a lot of people like to have a sense of owning things. A little too much of it.
I was given two 'contracts' of animal summons not sure what to do with it. I for one am all for the contracts being kept respectively with the creature themselves.
This would be my though on it,  if it were allowed for all those whom have a single reborn in sage mode; Contract Signer to the Toads of Myobokuzan to just rp however they wish with whichever summon they want. As that deems just in being able to summon a certain set of animals let alone no need for them to have human contract holders which in all is quite silly. This would also help eliminate everyone's fear of it degrading the summons as well, encourage role-play for the summoner to be granted the ability to summon said creatures, something current summoners may help with.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 06:21:17 AM »

I've noticed a lot of people like to have a sense of owning things. A little too much of it.
I was given two 'contracts' of animal summons not sure what to do with it. I for one am all for the contracts being kept respectively with the creature themselves.
This would be my though on it,  if it were allowed for all those whom have a single reborn in sage mode; Contract Signer to the Toads of Myobokuzan to just rp however they wish with whichever summon they want. As that deems just in being able to summon a certain set of animals let alone no need for them to have human contract holders which in all is quite silly. This would also help eliminate everyone's fear of it degrading the summons as well, encourage role-play for the summoner to be granted the ability to summon said creatures, something current summoners may help with.

I read this, like, 3 times. I got only this:

>People are greedy.
>It should take someone who reborns into toads to choose a contract.
>Something about no contracts and fear of degrading summons (which I dunno what you're getting at).

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »

I like how this thread was started about me wanting to create a forum when you could all bet your sweet bottoms any forum of mine will have contracts that are claimed by a contract holder, via a character not the contracted animal.

I have honestly never rped at a site that did not contract summons in this manner... of course forums are a bit different than SL. At forums this method is used so that your character would have to stumble/ hunt down another in order to try to sign the contract. Similar to how Naruto stumbled upon PervySage and such.

It's one of those things that create side plots and such... here at SL the contracts are handled OOC as well though in my opinion so it is not as rp entertaining as it is on forums.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:28:02 AM by UettoSenju »

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 06:32:04 AM »

Anyways, the novelty of dragons would kind of fade if everyone had dragons, that sort of thing.
The fear of summons being degraded seemed to already pop up. As for a single reborn in the toads summons I wouldn't think it would be that bad, to rp summoning the animal such role-player wishes to utilize. I mean no offense but I for one only have interest in the canon summons but who is to stop some one from creating bonds with any other creature, as long as there is no biju like creature.

Who is to say that only one person can hold out a scroll for someone to sign. Its like saying now no one can ever sign the toad contract because Jiraya died before passing it on. >>;
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:36:41 AM by Keito Uzumaki »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »

The contract should not be claimed. The specific entity you create (a special summon that helps you most) can.
If you are going to do away with ownership, then do it. Until it is all free, the whole kit and kaboodal? Hmm? Otherwise...let's just leave my snakes alone. I refuse to be singled out or made a victim by men who are not content with what power they already hold.

No one is singling you out or victimizing you. Stop. We used snakes twice as an example because it is a canon summon. That's it. Overall the talk is just a talk about contracts in general. And keep the misogynist tone out.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »

A friendly reminder to stay on the original question.

Also, please don't bring too much personal emotion in, thanks. This is the village square after all.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »

The point of Kay's statement is that if all of the contract summoner held by humans is to be done away with, then make that a stepping stone to reducing the claims list on a few other things as well. Otherwise, let the whole summons thing drop like an egg into a basket, cause no individual contract holder is going to give up their claims without everyone else doing it also.

Personally, I agree, save for the one notion that we let custom summons stay custom to a single set of ownership. No one has voiced favor of getting rid of that, but just wanting to make sure that is set on the cutting table. The limit of limitless claims stops at the custom anything.

*Well, she also made points regarding removing reset limitations from RP. We'll work on one thing at a time. And for now, it's contracts and who holds 'em.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:47:05 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

Removing reset limitations is something I have mixed feelings about. As it's been stated before, SL isn't made to be a roleplaying site, it is a game and so taking the game aspect out of the RP just seems wrong...

At the same time, being able to buy everything you need isn't right either. I've been the only one to own this account since I started back in 2005. Does that have any value to it? I wonder...

Regardless, I approve of the dropping of specified contract holders, though that brings up the question, how do you go about getting a summon and, how many are you limited to? After all, everyone knows that if thise goes through, there are some people who'll immediately jump on it.

"I have a summoning contract with lions and tigers and bears and snakes and toads and dragons and snakes and hippogryphs and dogs and leeches and werewolves and.... etc."

That's a no go. It goes without saying. Or it should. But if it should go without saying, it probably needs to be said anyways. One summon per person? Two?

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »

There's also another factor that we haven't mentioned: Rinnegan users with the Animal Path can summon whatever they want. Don't worry, I'm not talking about taking that away or anything. I'm just saying that since Rinnegan users can summon just about anything in terms of normal animals, why are we still limiting others to what certain summons they can RP with?

I've honestly had problems with people coming up to me and wanting to pull out some animal summon, when I've had to tell them that they cannot summon or use that certain animal since they have not signed their contract. It's just very limiting to a lot of people.

So, let's try to work something out at least. Toads are just about the only summon that is pretty much free-claims.

Removing reset limitations is something I have mixed feelings about. As it's been stated before, SL isn't made to be a roleplaying site, it is a game and so taking the game aspect out of the RP just seems wrong...

At the same time, being able to buy everything you need isn't right either. I've been the only one to own this account since I started back in 2005. Does that have any value to it? I wonder...

Regardless, I approve of the dropping of specified contract holders, though that brings up the question, how do you go about getting a summon and, how many are you limited to? After all, everyone knows that if thise goes through, there are some people who'll immediately jump on it.

"I have a summoning contract with lions and tigers and bears and snakes and toads and dragons and snakes and hippogryphs and dogs and leeches and werewolves and.... etc."

That's a no go. It goes without saying. Or it should. But if it should go without saying, it probably needs to be said anyways. One summon per person? Two?
Like Neji said, let's save that reset/RP discussion for another topic. But I do agree with this too many summons thing. I think it should be two summon types at max.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »

I vote two; that's what Sasuke has -- the hawks and the snakes.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »

Two sounds like it would be good to me. Since you aren't fighting anyone for anything you should just have to do some rp meeting whatever summoning you are going to have.

I personally don't think things like Kinjutsu should be free for anyone to claim, every body who wants to be a villain would have Edo Tensei. Maybe instead of a list of claimed jutsu like we have we should have a list of limited jutsu instead. Instead of letting anyone claim anything canon just have a list of the powerful techniques like Hiraishi, Edo Tensei, Jiongu, so there can only be so many users of that, everything else is free game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:40:37 PM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »

Pretty much invest time in role-playing it out with your own NPC's in the zones or wherever.

I would promote the kinjutsu list limit, yeah. Only problem is making the criteria. Is it every S-rank jutsu only? 'Cause there are some questionable A-rank that I could see be limited also.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.