Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question about Summoning Contracts  (Read 4761 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Question about Summoning Contracts
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »

Ever since it was mentioned in Kirk's topic about a forum game I have been wondering, why do we claim summoning contracts? Like why do we say people need someone's permission to use them? I could see if you legitimately invented some kind of fantasy creature and wanted to keep that yours, but as far as i can tell that shouldn't need to be done for snakes, or dogs, or slugs.

If you made your own custom slug, Steve maybe, then only you should be able to summon Steve unless you give someone else permission to, but that would be as far as that needs to go. Any thoughts on this?

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Question about Summoning Contracts
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »

Honestly, I'm not partial either way, but good luck in over turning this, considering the plethora of claims on summoning contracts.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

People are claiming a species because of some propaganda crap here on SL. If it's a original creature, then plausible of being claimed. Otherwise, no to me. There's a reason why I find the entire claiming system stupid.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:12:14 PM »

I suggested a while back for Toads, Slugs and Snakes to be free-claims, since they're the three major summons of the series which all have a canon Sage Mode connected to them (assuming that Hashirama contracted with the Slugs). Each of these three major summons have their own legendary place as well. The Toads have Mount Myōboku, Snakes have the Ryūchi Cave and it's been confirmed that the Shikkotsu Forest is where the slugs reside. People are able to learn their summon's Sage Mode at the first two places, and it's implied that there might be a Slug Sage Mode as well.

At least that's my reasoning towards those three being free-claims.

But some summons are shown to have affiliations with certain villages, like Enma who clearly wears a Konoha headband, the Second Mizukage's Giant Clam having Kirigakure's symbol carved onto it's shell, Gai's Turtle and Kakashi's Ninken all wearing Konoha headbands.

Actually managing out what canon/filler summons are free-claim and which are village-specific can make things a little more complicated here and there.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:10 PM »

Even just making frogs, snakes, and slugs free like you said would be a step in the right direction.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »

Lol, acknowledging the claim list.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:54 AM »

Well the frogs are free, considering you can get a reset to summon them. So they've been free claims for awhile. As for snakes and slugs. Gonna have to convince Kay and whoever holds the slugs theses days.

Though I do think it unfair for only certain people to give it up. If this is implemented, all the summons should be free game. Though that seems like an impossible task.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »

Well the frogs are free, considering you can get a reset to summon them. So they've been free claims for awhile. As for snakes and slugs. Gonna have to convince Kay and whoever holds the slugs theses days.

Though I do think it unfair for only certain people to give it up. If this is implemented, all the summons should be free game. Though that seems like an impossible task.

I don't understand why though. It's not like summon animals are Hiraishin or Edo Tensei and we want everyone to have them. Your own summons are not lessened at all by the fact that 5 other people can summon the same animal.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 02:06:54 AM »

Although I do not speak for everyone on this matter, some of the contracts were made exclusive because people didn't want the animals to be mass spammed; such as dragons or phoenixes or something to that nature.

Some time after the introduction of the summoning contract, based on the way we first saw it in the original branch, it seemed as if one person specifically had it. It was later on shown that Jirayia didn't own the scroll at all, but had access to it almost on demand.  Thing is, nobody bothered to make any changes as the claims were the claims.

I wouldn't object, but I highly doubt that even the canon ones would be free of the claims (not like it would be fair to make only them have contract free beasts) in the SL realm.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:49 AM »

I'd say let the people that want dragons have dragons. If someone just claims an uber powerful summon I'll just have a dog that can break the sound barrier or something.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:29 AM »

Have you learned nothing? SL's stingy.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 05:53:03 AM »

My thought on claimed items; If you claim something you should be made to defend it if someone else wants it. If not then give it to them.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »

Have you learned nothing? SL's stingy.

Let us not forget how people treats the canon manga as a bible.

/Thread

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »

I'd say let the people that want dragons have dragons. If someone just claims an uber powerful summon I'll just have a dog that can break the sound barrier or something.

Summons as powerful as the shinobi themselves... I suppose that's one way to make Edo Tensei less unique. Anyways, the novelty of dragons would kind of fade if everyone had dragons, that sort of thing.

Besides, I had a private contract long before I signed actual summoning contract for dragons in general. It might have been because I had been around for a decent while, but no one seemed overly upset about that little detail.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »

The contract should not be claimed. The specific entity you create (a special summon that helps you most) can.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.