Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: RIP Claims List?  (Read 10482 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: RIP Claims List?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »

I still can't concede to every jutsu being available to everyone, but who cares what I think. >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:32 AM »

I still can't concede to every jutsu being available to everyone, but who cares what I think. >>

Every jutsu can't be available to everyone, that'd be...weird. Look people claim jutsus either because they're greedy bastards or they think that if the common rp'ers had it. It would be used for 'evil'. If 200 people had zombies running around then...ya know. It just doesn't work that way.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 04:25:39 AM »

I'm with you on that note. The list can indisputably be shortened, though relinquishing it entirely can only produce more problems in the long run.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »

The thing is, the jutsu would not be available to just anyone. Those who already have it would still have it; and they are now free to teach it to whoever they want, and however many people they choose. People still have to get this stuff via RP (or OOC agreements at the least) if they want to be entirely legit.

It is not a free for all claiming spree. There are no limits on how many can learn the technique hard cap, but at the same time, the current users limit how many can actually use the technique, similar to how custom techniques have been treated.

If appeasement is necessary on the matter, then a list of jutsu that you cannot auto add to the arsenal without RP teaching and such. Will that at least appease any worries of hundreds of Edo zombies (when you still need to kill somebody IC in order to use it anyways...) rampaging through the realm?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 04:56:11 AM »

Well what specific jutsu needs to stay on this new Limited List? Edo Tensei for sure is what comes off the top of my head.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »

It's hilarious how you people think you're God, and get to decide the rp for other characters -- people that have nothing to do with your rules -- in this realm.

Let's get one thing straight: SL is not a rp website nor will it ever be until Oliver [Neji], himself, enforces rp and the rules for it, just like the staff in Akatokiyami do. Never will the whole populace of Sl accept your rules that only seems to hinder rp.

But if you insist with this delusion that order is established by creating rules and limitations, then, I suggest that you people enforce those rules to your community, not to everyone in SL. There are many who wish to express their feelings and creativity through other means of rp that may upset you guys, but that's no reason for them to be shunned or belittled about it. If someone wishes to rp as a demon or vampire, then so be it. As long as they're in their world, just like you're in yours, what harm can it do? Nothing. Nothing at all. And you wonder why SL has changed over the years?

I know some of us may deny it, but I bet many of you expressed your creativity by rping as a werewolf, demon, or vampire. In those times, people never shunned you, did they? Think back now, I remember how Raifudo used to consume "blood pills" because he was a vampire. And what harm did his rp do to others in sl? Nothing. He was accepted by many shinobi rpers, and he knows it. That's just one example. I could name others who rp'd as mythological creatures, but I think I made my point.

And this ridiculous notion that Bijuu challenges take priority over other rp that's taking place in a zone, is nonsense. If your bijuu challenge was placed on hold, and you take more than a week to resume, don't be surprised if your zone was taken over by another member of SL. You have no right to void their rp, for they are not part of your community that regulate or restrict rp.

In conclusion, your rules will never speak nor apply to everyone in SL. Village squares will never belong to you (that's what the clan halls are for). Public rp-zones will never be reserved for your silly bijuu challenges.

You are perfectly correct in everything you say. However just as those have the right to rp as they wish others have to right to rp as they wish also. IT should become known that if you do not wish to partake in what the rp community follows then of course you are free to rp as you wish... Everyone should be able to rp whatever they want where every they like so long as it does not break the site rules.

I understand that you are trying to point out that this should not be forced on those who do not follow the stricter rp at SL, but at the same time you have no right to say that the stricter rpers can not rp their way.

I honestly don't care about the claims list. Whether it stay or goes, is changed or not matters not to me. I will keep rping my way like I have always done.... Rp training in Konoha, traveling to meet friends, rp getting drunk and acting stupid, and things of the sort.... Because this is the right we all have.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 05:17:41 AM »

Off the top of my head:

Impure Resurrection (Edo Tensei)

Flying Thunder God (Hiraishin)

Specific, unduplicatable items (Seven Ninja Swordsmen Swords, Yatara Mirror, Grass Cutter [Kusangi] blades, etc.)

Lightning Release Armour (Raiton no Yoroi)

Dead Soul Consuming Seal (Shikifuijin or whatever)

Body Recreation (The anime-only technique)

Corpse Reanimation or Manipulation (3-tails arc in the anime, Kabuto used it to control some dude)

Soul control techniques (like Dan's technique or even Oro's body sub technique)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:47 AM »

Off the top of my head:

Impure Resurrection (Edo Tensei)

Flying Thunder God (Hiraishin)

Specific, unduplicatable items (Seven Ninja Swordsmen Swords, Yatara Mirror, Grass Cutter [Kusangi] blades, etc.)

Lightning Release Armour (Raiton no Yoroi)

Dead Soul Consuming Seal (Shikifuijin or whatever)

Body Recreation (The anime-only technique)

Corpse Reanimation or Manipulation (3-tails arc in the anime, Kabuto used it to control some dude)

Soul control techniques (like Dan's technique or even Oro's body sub technique)

'Unduplicatable' items are already under control. No one claims to have them. Seven Ninja Swords all are under Kiri's possession. No one disagrees with that. Kusanagi belongs to Tsuyo. No one disagrees with that. I don't think weapons need to be on a list due to people not arguing over who has what.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 05:34:35 AM »

Fair enough.  8) I can agree with that.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:10 AM »

I said right in the first post that I was not talking about items, merely jutsu. Also, at no point did I or anyone else say, "Ok, let's go over the rules we are going to force upon everyone on SL." if people want to keep rping that they have their claimed jutsu they can, they don't have to follow our rules, just like how people can claim to be fantasy creatures when others don't like it. It seems incredibly presumptuous to make a multi-paragraph rant about how we are trying to control people when that was never the objective.

As for Eric's list I agree with Edo Tensei, Hiraishin and Body Recreation. I do not agree with Dead Soul Consuming Seal, that's a suicide technique that not even Edo Tensei can abuse, I say if you want to take your opponent out with you then do it. I also actually don't agree with Raiton no Yoroi because how do we limit that? Dozens of people claim it, who loses it and who keeps it? I don't think there is a fair way to decide that. I don't know what he means by corpse control, and would like to see that jutsu page.

By Oro's body substitution I assume you mean this?
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru-Style_Body_Replacement_Technique
It's kind of hard to limit things that aren't already claimed I am now realizing. I can't think of a fair way to say who would get to use it and who doesn't, unless we just want to say no one new can learn those jutsu without being taught by a current holder, but then for Raiton no Yoroi there would just be a list of like 75 people on it.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 06:39:31 AM »

From what I know only Bocc and I have claimed to know that technique.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 06:40:49 AM »

From what you know being the operative part of that sentence. What will you do if 15 more people say they have that jutus and just never used it?

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »

From what you know being the operative part of that sentence. What will you do if 15 more people say they have that jutus and just never used it?

Allow it? I never 'claimed' it. If others have it good for them?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

All I'm saying is techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users for if we intended to limit it.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 06:49:29 AM »

All I'm saying is techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users for if we intended to limit it.

Then I'll claim it since I already use it and I'm currently the only known user since Bocc is dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.