Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RIP Claims List?  (Read 10479 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: RIP Claims List?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »

All I'm saying is techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users for if we intended to limit it.

Then I'll claim it since I already use it and I'm currently the only known user since Bocc is dead.

He's an Edo Tensei zombie, so he'd still have it, but again, as soon as it is known you've claimed it anyone can say "Oh I've had it to." I mean go ahead, it couldn't hurt.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »

All I'm saying is techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users for if we intended to limit it.

Then I'll claim it since I already use it and I'm currently the only known user since Bocc is dead.

He's an Edo Tensei zombie, so he'd still have it, but again, as soon as it is known you've claimed it anyone can say "Oh I've had it to." I mean go ahead, it couldn't hurt.

So what do we do here?

Like you've said; techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users.

Once a person claims it and then 50 other people claim it do we have them fight over it. The last one standing being the official 'holder' of said jutsu? That's really how claims are made, no?
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »

So what do we do here?

Like you've said; techniques that aren't already claimed would be much harder to make an official list of users.

Once a person claims it and then 50 other people claim it do we have them fight over it. The last one standing being the official 'holder' of said jutsu? That's really how claims are made, no?

We should just have one big battle royal with everyone on SL in it and the winner gets all the jutsu.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 06:55:15 AM »

So what do we do here?

We should just have one big battle royal with everyone on SL in it and the winner gets all the jutsu.

I'm down for that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »

It it true that these rules apply to only a small group of Rpers and that the rest of SL basically will continue doing as they always have, being the majority of the rest of the site.

Just remember not to be badgering those who do not follow your rules when you run across them because they are everywhere. And a few of them have not been silenced by this loud sect proselytizing at the top of their lungs their particular agenda.

I think also that if Shinro. or anyone, wants to come on here and voice his opinions, a right everyone readily claims that ALL members of SL have, that when he does and you find that voice doesn't fall into step with the collective you should just say, go figure.

We discuss controversial topics here and know you are not preaching to the choir. The voice of dissidence is going to rise again and again. But to slam someone when they take on that role while claiming that the people of SL are FREE to come here and comment anytime they wish...well these are contradictory themes in misalignment.

Were these discussion more  amicable and less contentious bouts that de-evolve into character assassinations, then I would venture to say more of the members of SL would indeed come to comment. As it is, most people find it about as productive as self mutilation.

Sometimes topics divulge into such thing. Heck, many of the most recent ones have. But at the same time, there has been progress made in some I would argue. As you said, the voice of dissidence will keep on rising, and that gives hope that if all divulges into madness, at least it was not in vain.

Slam? Alright, I guess I should always post with someone's best feelings at heart, and hold back what I actually want to say. I mean, it didn't divulge into cursing, hate mail, and poking fun. It may have seemed that way since, you know, more people object to the 'controlling' statement than agree entirely with it.

Whether we like it or not, that's an attack on our character just as much as our own little arguments. Making us out as some big bad trolls out to rule SL when all we demand from the community is that if they RP with us, they follow our rules, and vice versa, we follow their rules if/when we RP with them (since, ya know, we're the minority so we have to RP with some of the majority at some point).

The few who have not been silenced continue to make their statements in their own ways. Literally, whatever works. If anyone, even me, expects to come to a forum where the people will just say 'okay, no response to that', then I can see how we seem to be the loud ones.

More on topic:

I said right in the first post that I was not talking about items, merely jutsu. Also, at no point did I or anyone else say, "Ok, let's go over the rules we are going to force upon everyone on SL." if people want to keep rping that they have their claimed jutsu they can, they don't have to follow our rules, just like how people can claim to be fantasy creatures when others don't like it. It seems incredibly presumptuous to make a multi-paragraph rant about how we are trying to control people when that was never the objective.

As for Eric's list I agree with Edo Tensei, Hiraishin and Body Recreation. I do not agree with Dead Soul Consuming Seal, that's a suicide technique that not even Edo Tensei can abuse, I say if you want to take your opponent out with you then do it. I also actually don't agree with Raiton no Yoroi because how do we limit that? Dozens of people claim it, who loses it and who keeps it? I don't think there is a fair way to decide that. I don't know what he means by corpse control, and would like to see that jutsu page.

By Oro's body substitution I assume you mean this?
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru-Style_Body_Replacement_Technique
It's kind of hard to limit things that aren't already claimed I am now realizing. I can't think of a fair way to say who would get to use it and who doesn't, unless we just want to say no one new can learn those jutsu without being taught by a current holder, but then for Raiton no Yoroi there would just be a list of like 75 people on it.

You make a fine point. I did add some techniques up there, namely lightning armour, that would be impossible to limit or regulate; so I'll just scratch that off my book. I meant Oro's eternal life technique thing:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Living_Corpse_Reincarnation

And as for the body control thing:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Soul_Technique

I guess it would be easier to just use the already claims list techniques as a sort of reference. The thread that evolved concerning 'banned techniques' seems a little offly named for what we're working with here right? We're not banning the techniques, just limiting them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »

I'd agree at limiting Living Corpse Reincarnation, not Dead Soul Jutsu though, all that does is let you manipulate a dead body, essentially. Shadow does actually want to ban jutsu, that's a different discussion entirely.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

I'd agree at limiting Living Corpse Reincarnation, not Dead Soul Jutsu though, all that does is let you manipulate a dead body, essentially. Shadow does actually want to ban jutsu, that's a different discussion entirely.

Another option I brought up, yes. Do I want to? No. It just seems like no side will budge. We could however have the people who 'claim' these techs to sit down and make rules that we all agree upon? They did do it with Edo, I guess it worked?

So with a tech like the Raiton Armour thingy.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

Another option I brought up, yes. Do I want to? No. It just seems like no side will budge. We could however have the people who 'claim' these techs to sit down and make rules that we all agree upon? They did do it with Edo, I guess it worked?

Do we really want people manipulating corpses shortly after their death? Sounds like a fine way to cooperate with an Edo Tensei user.  ;)

Anyways, there are plenty of people that use ration no yoroi, it'd be a pain dragging them to the forums or a private dwelling. :P
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »

Well Lightning Release Armour is claimed by whoever now in days, and is spammed by mere Genin and Chuunin. The only thing three things that could beat it in terms of speed are Hirashin, Tailed Beast Chakra Mode and a Senjutsu chakra-powered Lightning Release Armour. But what most people forget, is the amount of chakra it can eat quickly. A is known for having chakra reserves comparable to that of a Tailed Beast, and has trained with it to the point of regularly using it with his Nintaijutsu. So overall, someone has to undergo lots and lots and lots and lots of physical training in order to use it to the point of actually being at A's level. Heck, he's taken on the Eight Tails multiple times and brought it down with his elbow alone.

tl;dr Call someone out on the amount of chakra it eats if it's used for quite a bit.

But in other news, Orochimaru's body replacement technique seems like another snake-like technique. He's a Sannin and somewhat a Sage after all, so he must have learned some Snake techniques as compared to Jiraiya learning some Toad techniques. And let's not forget that it's been stated that it also takes up a lot of chakra to use.

tl;dr Call someone out on the amount of chakra it eats if it's used for quite a bit.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 06:06:03 AM »

Do we really want people manipulating corpses shortly after their death? Sounds like a fine way to cooperate with an Edo Tensei user.  ;)

Anyways, there are plenty of people that use ration no yoroi, it'd be a pain dragging them to the forums or a private dwelling. :P

But the bodies can't do anything but move.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »

The wiki itself points out that the bodies can use techniques.

And Living Corpse Reincarnation is very different from Oro's special brand of replacement techniques. Seeing as Sasuke could use the replacement technique after absorbing Oro, but knows hardly anything about natural energy and very little about senjutsu, I doubt it's a snake sage technique.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »

Well there we go, don't let them use jutsu, problem solved.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

Well there we go, don't let them use jutsu, problem solved.

Sometimes the easiest solution may very well be the best. I suppose that's the quick way of nipping that on a grand scale.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 07:08:04 AM »

Even though Shinro said it in a condescending manner, I'll hate to admit it, he's kinda right.

I've been on SL for a year and a half...I joined this place in March of 2012 and had no idea how to rp, hell, I was lucky to even end up with a sentence that sounded grammatically correct. Over the course of a single year I (hopefully...I think) got better. I'm no kage or amazing fighter, but I can fend for myself.

As I grew from newbie to novice, I learned that a person in SL is NOTHING with something on that claims list. Looking at that list, I saw amazing rp'rs claiming something that could change the course of a battle; whether it be hirashin or the revered dragons...although I wonder how they inhabited the world of SL to this very day. ;)

There's a point to my little auto-bio, I assure you, just bear with me here.

At some point in the past few months I came to the realization that there was a glass ceiling, that there was a limit. In order to make it big here, one has to be, lack for a better word, a claiming whore to have the SLIGHTEST chance against the best around here. And I won't bring kg into this little rant because I want to stay relevant.

Agreeing with what Pete said before, we need mods and rules and frkn limitations.

Sure, we 'make' rules in this very forum, but then what? Who enforces them? And I'm pretty sure this new ruling would eventually be buried under countless new threads and what not.

Tl;dr - Took a noob a year to realize SL was broken.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 07:16:14 AM »

Which is why we are trying to remove the claims of most things? You just explained why this topic was made.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 1.065 seconds with 17 queries.