Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: RIP Claims List?  (Read 10480 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

RIP Claims List?
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »

So maybe doing away with the claims list? The two ideas out right now are Kayenta's, who thinks if we are going to remove claims for summoning contracts like we are discussing then we should just blow them all up, and my idea for a limited jutsu list instead of a claimed list. I can't speak for Kay, but my idea is this.

Instead of having a list where people can just claim any non-elemental, non clan-affiliated jutsu, have a list of limited jutsu instead, that I guess would only be edited as a community. I'm just talking about the jutsu claims list I suppose, I don't think we should have multiple Samehadas or Kusanagi. Basically we would just be cutting off all the jutsu of the claims list but things that should be limited at risk of rp being even more ridiculous. So the claimed jutsu list would look something like this
Hiraishin:
#1 Darkshinobi
#2 Tsuyo
#3 Zojiin
Edo Tensei:
# 1 Kyu
# 2 Tsuyo
# 3 Trev
# 4 Rakudo
Jiongu:
# 1 Bippity
# 2 Boppity
# 3 Boo
# 4

Plus whatever other jutsu we agree should go on it. If you noticed the empty number spots I put those there because I think whatever jutsu we put on this list should be limited like Edo Tensei is, not necessarily with a student-teacher rule but maybe just a certain amount of users. We all can agree that 50 people having Edo Tensei would be a detriment to rp so I think this list should be jutsu of similar power/usefulness that just should not be spammed. Questions? Opinions? Anything to add?

Trev

• View Profile
Re: RIP Claims List?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »

I think this is an okay idea. I do think some things on the claimed list is a bit silly and people do get a little carries away with it. Plus I've always like the idea of most things being open to the public, with a few exceptions.

Though I question whether some people will want to drop their claims, and how as a community do we decide what is limited or not. I do agree with some limits, as I get asked on the daily to teach Edo Tensei, so if that wasn't claimed, I know almost everyone would have it.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11:55 PM »

:twisted: Let it begin!

Anyways, I am on Kay's siding with this. Limit OPness in RP and yada yada, this essentially means that you limit the number of users entirely to four, regardless of what actually goes down in RP.

Thing is, while it is all fair and dandy to limit this stuff, then who has it is limited to who already has it pretty much. What this really means is that a list of users has been put on a permanent cap on any technique deemed too OP to be released to just anyone in the SL community.

That sort of defeats the purpose of removing the claims list... Doesn't it? Replacing the claims list with another claims list doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:21:12 PM »

End to the claims list, yes. It has gotten quite ridiculous and a better more managed 'list' should be organized by the community on the forums possibly, so all may post their opinions and what not.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:49:21 PM »

I was just thinking that as I was scrolling down, rather than limit, make things into a very simple, black and white format. Either a jutsu is available (potentially) to everyone, or no one gets it.

EMS I'd vote to ban because it's way overused. How many people actually have player character brothers that aren't alts who you then ripped their eyes out and took them for your own? A miniscule fraction, if any even have, of those that claim EMS.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:50:52 PM »

I'm getting a little confused here. When we say an end to the claimed list, does that mean everything on it? Or does that only go for canon summons and techniques? I'm pretty sure that there are certain items that are pretty much one-of-a-kind, or are really hard to replicate. Although I do enjoy the thought of wielding six Sword of Totsukas and plastering myself with an armor made entirely out of duct-taped Yata Mirrors. You guys know I would totally do it too.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:46 AM »

Those are objects, of course they need to be kept track of. This is, presumably, talking about canon jutsus. Obviously, if you create a jutsu, someone would have to come and learn it from you.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 12:32:30 AM »

The claims list included both canon jutsu and many of the items. In hindsight, many people claiming items, they can just fight over who gets it or not... Let the zoning continue I say. If that doesn't decide it, then people void people anyway, so nothing new in that department either...

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »

It's hilarious how you people think you're God, and get to decide the rp for other characters -- people that have nothing to do with your rules -- in this realm.

Let's get one thing straight: SL is not a rp website nor will it ever be until Oliver [Neji], himself, enforces rp and the rules for it, just like the staff in Akatokiyami do. Never will the whole populace of Sl accept your rules that only seems to hinder rp.

But if you insist with this delusion that order is established by creating rules and limitations, then, I suggest that you people enforce those rules to your community, not to everyone in SL. There are many who wish to express their feelings and creativity through other means of rp that may upset you guys, but that's no reason for them to be shunned or belittled about it. If someone wishes to rp as a demon or vampire, then so be it. As long as they're in their world, just like you're in yours, what harm can it do? Nothing. Nothing at all. And you wonder why SL has changed over the years?

I know some of us may deny it, but I bet many of you expressed your creativity by rping as a werewolf, demon, or vampire. In those times, people never shunned you, did they? Think back now, I remember how Raifudo used to consume "blood pills" because he was a vampire. And what harm did his rp do to others in sl? Nothing. He was accepted by many shinobi rpers, and he knows it. That's just one example. I could name others who rp'd as mythological creatures, but I think I made my point.

And this ridiculous notion that Bijuu challenges take priority over other rp that's taking place in a zone, is nonsense. If your bijuu challenge was placed on hold, and you take more than a week to resume, don't be surprised if your zone was taken over by another member of SL. You have no right to void their rp, for they are not part of your community that regulate or restrict rp.

In conclusion, your rules will never speak nor apply to everyone in SL. Village squares will never belong to you (that's what the clan halls are for). Public rp-zones will never be reserved for your silly bijuu challenges.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:23:02 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:02:35 AM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 01:30:48 AM »

It's hilarious how you people think you're God, and get to decide the rp for other characters -- people that have nothing to do with your rules -- in this realm.

Let's get one thing straight: SL is not a rp website nor will it ever be until Oliver [Neji], himself, enforces rp and the rules for it, just like the staff in Akatokiyami do. Never will the whole populace of Sl accept your rules that only seems to hinder rp.

But if you insist with this delusion that order is established by creating rules and limitations, then, I suggest that you people enforce those rules to your community, not to everyone in SL. There are many who wish to express their feelings and creativity through other means of rp that may upset you guys, but that's no reason for them to be shunned or belittled about it. If someone wishes to rp as a demon or vampire, then so be it. As long as they're in their world, just like you're in yours, what harm can it do? Nothing. Nothing at all. And you wonder why SL has changed over the years?

I know some of us may deny it, but I bet many of you expressed your creativity by rping as a werewolf, demon, or vampire. In those times, people never shunned you, did they? Think back now, I remember how Raifudo used to consume "blood pills" because he was a vampire. And what harm did his rp do to others in sl? Nothing. He was accepted by many shinobi rpers, and he knows it. That's just one example. I could name others who rp'd as mythological creatures, but I think I made my point.

And this ridiculous notion that Bijuu challenges take priority over other rp that's taking place in a zone, is nonsense. If your bijuu challenge was placed on hold, and you take more than a week to resume, don't be surprised if your zone was taken over by another members of SL. You have no right to void their rp, for they are not part of your community that regulate or restrict rp.

In conclusion, your rules will never speak nor apply to everyone in SL. Village squares will never belong to you (that's what the clan halls are for). Public rp-zones will never be reserved for your silly bijuu challenges.

I had a somewhat inflammatory response to that, but I thought it better to just summarize it on the grounds that people have a choice. They can let us 'dictate', ignore us, or click the report button if they feel stifled by our 'policies'. If we are being harassing, then do something about it and report us. If we're not being that harassing, then let it be.

It may not be a RP site by definition, but it's the choice of the players of what they tolerate amongst each other.

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »

It's an understandable response. Hard truth tends to stir anger in many.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:44:49 AM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 01:44:29 AM »

It's an understanding response. Hard truth tends to stir anger in many.

Maybe, but is that so wrong? It's not like we are keeping them from coming to the forums and having a say. It isn't like we are telling them that they can't come and voice their opinion, or send a representative. This is not Soviet Russia.  8)

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 01:56:28 AM »

It's news to me that one requires to voice their opinions about rp in the forums. Is that how that works now?

Soviet Russia? Representative?

They're just members of Sl that wish to rp as they like. They have no representatives. And if they did, what good will that do? The community you partake in, Eric, constantly fight against each other, and can't seem to agree to their own rules halve of the time. They're like dogs that can't decide on what to chew next. Do you disagree? Also, I know my words may be harsh to some. I apologize if I offended anyone.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:00:07 AM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »

At least my community not only stands up for itself as a whole, and doesn't feel victimized by people constantly telling them what to do; without being able to do anything about it. We know that this is the internet, where, yah, if something bothers you, it's called the 'report' button, the 'ignore' function, or the forums.

you may have been misinformed, but there is a reason that there is a forum for this game. It's where you go to have discussions with other players. Like I said; if they have such an issue with it, there are options for what they (and we) can do to make it stop.

No need to apologize for speaking your mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.