Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gimme your Bijuu: Round 2  (Read 6523 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Gimme your Bijuu: Round 2
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 02:15:23 AM »

From what Yujo told me, he challenged Rakudo to a death match OOC. So, they could both still die IC but the battle itself wasn't IC. They got halfway through it and then Yujo had to move and whatnot. Now he wants to void it and has a good reason to do so. So, since he's the challenger, I don't see why not.

Also, this ^ is apparently considering "I don't want to go to the library to post." as a good reason to void the fight. Even if I had to wait a month for him to finish moving I would, so there isn't any reason for him to void it. I told him I was more than willing to wait for him to finish his move.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 04:55:27 AM »

---Original Message from Uzumaki Yūjō(2013-11-17 21:43:28)---
So, the move jacked my net up, the repair guy broke a phone line, and now my net is going to be turned off for another few weeks! (So happy about that BTW). Considering that now I have to go to a nearby library to get online at all, I'm going to cancel my pending challenge for your Bijuu, as the obligation to post cannot be carried out. Basically speaking, the challenge is off, Voided. My apologies, and I hope your conquest is fruitful. GTG. Bye.

That line right there should be the instant solution for this problem, shouldn't it? He admits he can not fulfill the obligation one needs to carry a bijuu, so therefore he should no longer have the bijuu, correct? Or am I missing something which negates that line?
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 06:28:42 AM »

The issue is that he is in the middle of a fight with me and both of our bijuu are on the line. I want his bijuu. He's going to lose it regardless I am just saying it should go to me.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:08 AM »

As long as his bijuu was clearly on the line during the fight, I see no reason why you shouldn't get it.
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 06:42:53 AM »

As long as his bijuu was clearly on the line during the fight, I see no reason why you shouldn't get it.

Me either, but nothing is allowed to be easy here. :p

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 01:54:27 PM »

I'm all for you snagging his bijuu.

3-?.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »

Well, it's not like Yujo is personally here on the forum to speak for himself, so it would only seem right to at least try to flesh things out a bit. We're pretty backwards at times, but I think we still owe people a fair shot at least.

Unfortunately at this stage of the conversation, unless someone else speaks up at this point, I think the dartboard is very dotted towards the three tails going to Rakudo.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

Well, it's not like Yujo is personally here on the forum to speak for himself, so it would only seem right to at least try to flesh things out a bit. We're pretty backwards at times, but I think we still owe people a fair shot at least.

Unfortunately at this stage of the conversation, unless someone else speaks up at this point, I think the dartboard is very dotted towards the three tails going to Rakudo.

Yujo does know about this topic too, he finally responded to my pm yesterday

---Original Message from Uzumaki Yūjō(2013-11-29 00:15:32)---
I challenged you, therefore, I had the rights to void it, easy as that. Nathan answered it on the forums quite clearly.
---Original Message from Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo(2013-11-17 21:46:44)---
How is it pending? We're in the middle of it. You can call the forfeit whatever you like but it means I get the three tails.

So Yujo is also banking on "I just didn't want to." as a good reason to void the fight.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 10:58:08 PM »

Yujo does know about this topic too, he finally responded to my pm yesterday

---Original Message from Uzumaki Yūjō(2013-11-29 00:15:32)---
I challenged you, therefore, I had the rights to void it, easy as that. Nathan answered it on the forums quite clearly.
---Original Message from Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo(2013-11-17 21:46:44)---
How is it pending? We're in the middle of it. You can call the forfeit whatever you like but it means I get the three tails.

So Yujo is also banking on "I just didn't want to." as a good reason to void the fight.

No, I do think Yujo is correct. He has the right to void as the challenger. Plus he has a good right to so so... It's not like he is doing it cause he didn't like a post or something like that. RL things came about. Stop taking this game so freaking serious and give respect to people's real lives.

Also he doesn't need to come to these boards to say anything. You can't tell someone they have to do this or that. He made his point clear in that pm and that should be the end of it.

He was the challenger, he dropped his challenge... End of story.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »

Kirk that doesn't make any sense, and I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact I'm clean sweeping Konoha of its bijuu.

You make it sound like he challenged me and then decided not to start it. We are in the middle of what we said was an IC bijuu fight with all our bijuu on the line. It has been going on for MONTHS. If he wants to quit he can, but it means he loses.

Being able to waste months of my time and then go, "I'm done! This never happened!" is not fair to me.

As I've said multiple times and others have pointed out he really has no reason to void it. I told him I would wait for him to finish moving (as I have been waiting for weeks) and he could go to the library to post if he wanted to. I'm not pressuring him to post, he can take as long as he has to to finish his move and get his internet back up.

I think I'm being pretty reasonable here. He wants to quit an IC bijuu death match, he doesn't want to wait for some reason he just wants to quit. So I'm willing to say he doesn't die but I want his bijuu, because that was the prize for winning the fight that he wants to forfeit.

tl'dr: Yujo being able to quit in the middle of an IC bijuu fight and suffer no downside because of it is dumb, since all he has to do is wait until his move is done and his internet back up and we could resume the fight.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 11:41:40 PM »

Kirk that doesn't make any sense, and I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact I'm clean sweeping Konoha of its bijuu.

You make it sound like he challenged me and then decided not to start it. We are in the middle of what we said was an IC bijuu fight with all our bijuu on the line. It has been going on for MONTHS. If he wants to quit he can, but it means he loses.

Being able to waste months of my time and then go, "I'm done! This never happened!" is not fair to me.

As I've said multiple times and others have pointed out he really has no reason to void it. I told him I would wait for him to finish moving (as I have been waiting for weeks) and he could go to the library to post if he wanted to. I'm not pressuring him to post, he can take as long as he has to to finish his move and get his internet back up.

I think I'm being pretty reasonable here. He wants to quit an IC bijuu death match, he doesn't want to wait for some reason he just wants to quit. So I'm willing to say he doesn't die but I want his bijuu, because that was the prize for winning the fight that he wants to forfeit.

tl'dr: Yujo being able to quit in the middle of an IC bijuu fight and suffer no downside because of it is dumb, since all he has to do is wait until his move is done and his internet back up and we could resume the fight.

Just seemed to me that you were trying to take advantage of someone else's Real Life problems, which I see as wrong no matter what it does to some character at a game.
If I had a misconception about that then my bad. Just seems Yujo is being punished because of his RL.

P.s. I could careless how many Biju you collect or how many any village have. Konoha matters not to me.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »

Fact of the matter is, Yujo agreed to those aforementioned terms as the challenger/initiator, hence really (in my opinion) he'd have more of an obligation to see it through to the bitter end than if he were the one being challenged.

If his life outside of SL is too difficult, then fair enough, his character shouldn't be killed off the bat. However, he opted to put his bijuu on the line in an IC-context, which I believe is completely irreversible regardless of the circumstances. Just snag the bijuu off of him until he feels the need to return and issue a challenge for it back.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:18 AM »

snip

Just seemed to me that you were trying to take advantage of someone else's Real Life problems, which I see as wrong no matter what it does to some character at a game.
If I had a misconception about that then my bad. Just seems Yujo is being punished because of his RL.

P.s. I could careless how many Biju you collect or how many any village have. Konoha matters not to me.

The only thing is that Yujo is CHOOSING to allow RL affect this. All he had to do is say "Hey I'm moving, I don't have internet, I'm not gonna be able to do the fight for a while." and that would have been that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »

So let me see if I understand correctly, because now I'm a little confused. RL is a reason to outright cancel a biju challenge that you yourself issued? Delay or put off is one thing, but outright cancel without consequences? I have been given that impression by Kirk's statement, and I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

If Rakudo wasn't willing to wait for the match (though he is) then Yujo would have had the right to cancel his challenge due to RL not allowing him to post? A fight that he has already been halfway through?

Although I thought biju challenges as a whole were well and finished a month or so ago, this is something that 'begs the question' imho. Because even with the more RP-based hunting strategy, RL can still intervene, and figuratively speaking, there are still challengers and challenged, even if it's jinck vs jinck.

Taking the game seriously is just something that happens after you invest days upon years into it. After while, you do get quite invested in what goes on, even if it is merely how many turns you get in one day.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »

It seems that in order to keep this topic derailing into Rakudo talking about how he thinks he's almighty or someone asking questions that don't necessarily pertain to the topic, we need Yujo to post.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.