Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15898 times)

Mioku

• View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2015, 02:22:24 AM »

I was always told by the Shiki users of old, Sevilon, Mioku, Murcielago, Skinless....and I would love to see them or Court post here as they are the ones I have seen use it in the past...

That Kaguya's were disease resistant. Kimi had a blood disorder, not  bacterial disease...And they were always searching for the cure. But you don't get infections cause of the natural resistance to disease.

Also...massive Bone creation takes some sort of calcium substitution/replacement pill. And the big bone forest move? It takes more than one turn to execute.

However, repairs to the skin are automatic. It happens while the cuts are being made, as is seen with any of Kimi's bone extractions. I would agree with the discussion thus far concerning organ damage though.

As I've mentioned to Kay here.. Yes. Kaguya's bodies are.. Well completely different from the norm. From how I took things eons ago til' now was a double edged sword. Your average cold/bacteria/virus isn't going to do anything to a Kaguya because of how different they are, (Notice how I didn't include poison) but at the same time your average healer isn't going to be able to heal/cure a Kaguya of something they may catch unless they were an expert on their physiology. Terrible example, but best I can think of right now as the difference between a vet and a regular doctor. Some similarities, but a doctor may not know how to cure a sickness that a bird or w/e may catch.

Other points that were mentioned were that.. The only tech/dance that really seemed to cause any exhaustion was the bone forest and unlike the other dance's it's classified as Kekkei Genkai/Ninjutsu instead of Taijutsu so take that as you will.

As for healing factor.. I always had the interpretation that due to the muscle, nerve, skin tear that your above average Kaguya would be able to heal damages to those specific areas to make up for the fact that no one else would be able to due to my previous point above with the 'alien physiology' as the Shikotsumyaku was/is supposed to be the 'ultimate' Taijutsu ability which is why Oro wanted it during his Uchiha predator phase. It would only make sense that an sturdy regenerating body would be something he wanted. I agree with organs.. If an organ is damaged.. The Shikotsumyaku ain't gonna help you.

On a lot of other points.. I generally agree with Kage since even before CS2 Kimi had big holes and such in his skin and body that were getting repaired and this is still while he wasn't at 100%

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2015, 02:24:37 AM »

When I was first reading this thread and I was like..."Wow, are people really going to claim healing abilities with Shikotsumyaku?"

Then I was watch the "Kabuto vs Itachi/Sasuke" fight and it got me thinking. If one can claim healing abilities with Shikotsumyaku, why did Kabuto had to integrate Karin's healing abilities then? Then it hit me, Kimimaro does not have healing abilities at all. What he has the ability to manipulate his skin in sense that he can open/close part of the skin, allowing his bones to come out.

For example...
- I create a bone sword from my arm. I need to open the skin to get it out. Once I do, I close the skin.
- If I receive an attack that does skin damage, I cannot repair the skin.

And something like this is proven if you watch Gaara vs Kimimaro. After Gaara uses Desert Burial, Kimimaro forced his way with patches of his skin removed. Skin does not regenerate and he stays in that form (with the removed skin) until he used Curse Seal Lvl 2, which by itself may have healing properties as one undergoes transformation.

Conclusion: Shikotsumyaku has no healing ability at all.

Kaguya's healing ability stems from her Yang Release, the same way how Naruto was able to heal others.

Apologizes if all this information was already said, did not read the whole thread.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »

I am sorry Mei but if Kimi does not have healing ability then when he pulls his spine out of his body he is dead. That's is a heck of a lot more than closing some hole in his skin. He has just ripped the main power supply out of his entire body. Unless he 'heals' that, he can't do  anything.

His ability is to manipulate the growth and properties of his bones to his liking. He can regenerate his bones. And keep in mind, that he did that move in CS2 form.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dance_of_the_Clematis:_Vine

He cannot heal tissue, muscles, or organs. He  probably cannot even heal broken bones. >.>

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2015, 07:59:33 PM »

I am sorry Mei but if Kimi does not have healing ability then when he pulls his spine out of his body he is dead. That's is a heck of a lot more than closing some hole in his skin. He has just ripped the main power supply out of his entire body. Unless he 'heals' that, he can't do  anything.

His ability is to manipulate the growth and properties of his bones to his liking. He can regenerate his bones. And keep in mind, that he did that move in CS2 form.

He cannot heal tissue, muscles, or organs. He  probably cannot even heal broken bones. >.>

What drug are you on? I want some.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2015, 08:22:30 PM »

What drug are you on? I want some.

I'm saying that because regenerating is not especially healing. Like if a bone completely broke into two pieces.

Kimmario might get rid of one the pieces and transform the other bone as a whole piece. Do you follow?

But I'm not a fan of biology, so I don't know how bones work when you try to mend them.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »

If he can MAKE bone why couldn't he HEAL a bone? That would make no sense at all.

"(their osteoblasts and osteoclasts). By infusing their calcium with chakra, they could manipulate the growth and properties of their bones to their liking"

http://www.random42.com/bone-biology-osteoblasts-and-osteoclasts-animation

Point being regeneration is the same as healing.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »

If he can MAKE bone why couldn't he HEAL a bone? That would make no sense at all.

"(their osteoblasts and osteoclasts). By infusing their calcium with chakra, they could manipulate the growth and properties of their bones to their liking"

http://www.random42.com/bone-biology-osteoblasts-and-osteoclasts-animation

Point being regeneration is the same as healing.

Yeah, I just read that information somewhere else. So correction, he can heal his bones. =/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2015, 09:51:37 PM »

Thing is with the spine though Mei, basically the entire body's nerves are connected to it. If you just up and try yank it out even a little, you'd most likely turn yourself into a quadriplegic pretty much instantly. Unless of course, you had healing capabilities to reconnect the severed nerves once new vertebrae are grown in to replace the pulled out ones.

Only other way that could work without healing of that level, and even then a big if, is if the original spine itself isn't removed, but you rather just create a copy of it segment by segment.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2015, 11:16:14 PM »

In that link that Kage shared you can literally see the bone ripping through his flesh, with it later healing. Kabuto probably got Karin's cells because she has OP healing abilities or because Kishi said "Why not?".

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 12:30:31 AM »

Thing is with the spine though Mei, basically the entire body's nerves are connected to it. If you just up and try yank it out even a little, you'd most likely turn yourself into a quadriplegic pretty much instantly. Unless of course, you had healing capabilities to reconnect the severed nerves once new vertebrae are grown in to replace the pulled out ones.

Only other way that could work without healing of that level, and even then a big if, is if the original spine itself isn't removed, but you rather just create a copy of it segment by segment.

Okay but once again, he did that in CS 2. >.>

And we do not know how much research Kishi put in when you decided to bring this technique to the manga.

http://www.mangahit.com/naruto/215/17

No healing of flesh there...

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »

CS2, although it might have an initial healing/revitalizing effect due to the added flesh of the shapeshift, etc, it hasn't ever been shown to grant any particular healing abilities. It'd be rather contradictory to be honest, since using it actually erodes your body.

As for the linked bit, admittedly it didn't start instantly closing, no, but then again he also was nearly instantly caught in the sabaku soutaisou, so we never got to see if it would have or not. Imo it likely would have, if not as is then after the bone film under the skin was removed so it could connect proper with the muscles and stuff again.

As for Kabuto, that'd be most likely simply because Karin's healing is significantly more OP. What was the term for being cut in half from the waist again, bisected? Madara did that to Tsunade, yet Karin's hax heal bite put her back together scar-free.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2015, 01:56:31 AM »

CS2, although it might have an initial healing/revitalizing effect due to the added flesh of the shapeshift, etc, it hasn't ever been shown to grant any particular healing abilities. It'd be rather contradictory to be honest, since using it actually erodes your body.

As for the linked bit, admittedly it didn't start instantly closing, no, but then again he also was nearly instantly caught in the sabaku soutaisou, so we never got to see if it would have or not. Imo it likely would have, if not as is then after the bone film under the skin was removed so it could connect proper with the muscles and stuff again.

As for Kabuto, that'd be most likely simply because Karin's healing is significantly more OP. What was the term for being cut in half from the waist again, bisected? Madara did that to Tsunade, yet Karin's hax heal bite put her back together scar-free.

She might have had a scar that we didn't get to see. ^_^ Getting ran through with a sword nearly did Karin in, so I imagine it would vary in effectiveness. Not to mention Katsuya was already working on Tsunade when Karin and her lot showed up.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2015, 02:03:20 AM »

Keeping alive, not working on reconnecting. Also Karin later tanked a mokuton sashiki or what was the spiky branches thing again, right through the torso, and just shrugged it off by yanking em out and biting herself.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2015, 03:29:09 AM »

Keeping alive, not working on reconnecting. Also Karin later tanked a mokuton sashiki or what was the spiky branches thing again, right through the torso, and just shrugged it off by yanking em out and biting herself.

I'd love to know why she has to bite herself to heal herself. It makes no sense that she has to eat her own chakra to heal herself when it's already inside her.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2015, 03:30:55 AM »

Actually each panel of that page represents a passing of time, so for that whole page could represent seconds or maybe a minute depending how long it went by in the anime.

Shows how Kimi takes out a bone: http://www.mangahit.com/naruto/206/5
-   see how the tissue separate themselves from the bone
-   skin self-rips opens

Shows how the skin healed: http://www.mangahit.com/naruto/206/7
-   skin closes up

If that doesn't show solid evidence that Kimi has no healing ability outside the usage of his skill, then I do not know what to say.

I even look through Naruto databooks and there’s no mentioning of healing abilities at all for Kimimaro or the Kaguya Clan.

I’m trying to understand what is this relationship between the removal of one’s spine and one’s life. I’m reading about the spinal cord and it is mostly relates to loss of body movement. In addition, it was mentioned that people of the Kaguya clan has different bone structure anyway. That may be why Kishi can get away with using this move in the manga.

So what is the relevance of this “spine” argument? o.o
I really want to know. Is there an article that states this?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.