Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Invention of the poke-dex, I mean Ninja-dex  (Read 3525 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Invention of the poke-dex, I mean Ninja-dex
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »

If everyone has read this http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8307.0.html and agreed that we should make a ninja-dex(Bingo Book).
There should be rules:
This is the only electronic the device in the SL universe ever or for the next 3 years.
There will be no hacking of the ninja-dex and adding fake info on to it.
It is chakra powered and has no battery.
It's updated through unknown means.
Ninja-dex cannot be created by anyone and should be bought at Jiseigakure and one should rp buying one.
You can't have a super ninja dex that knows everyone, it should only known people in your village and if you are in war the other's village.
If you want information on a village and it's people go to Jisei IC and ask for the info and buy it.

These are just my thoughts.
Comment, give your own ideas whatever.

Teostra

• View Profile
Re: Invention of the poke-dex, I mean Ninja-dex
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »

This is the only electronic the device in the SL universe ever or for the next 3 years.
It is chakra powered and has no battery.
It's updated through unknown means.
Ninja-dex cannot be created by anyone and should be bought at Jiseigakure and one should rp buying one.
You can't have a super ninja dex that knows everyone, it should only known people in your village and if you are in war the other's village.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/700/11

Guessing people forgot this chapter. Naruto has electronic stuff. In fact, after Itachi killed all the Uchiha, he was perched atop a transformer/telephone pole. There's likely plenty of other examples, but those are the two that stand out to me without having to look them up. So sorry, it's okay to have electronics in Naruto. Though a ninja-dex is a good idea, what happens to the people who had RP stories going on where they've already been keeping track of the different ninja in the different cities?
Though, this would be a good addition to it in a way because they could just flip it open and bam, that's the ninja you're looking at with some info.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:07:16 PM »

Well, I just put up in character profiles under my general profile what my bingo book entries would likely look like. Orange for global, green for Suna/Leaf (since both have been close allies and likely share information, it is easier just to group them together). I made global because other than Suna/Leaf, there is not much greater information that any of the other villages have on me. You can notice the difference in detail and completeness between the two.

Let me know what you all think on that, and I think we can consider a similar style for others.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:03:39 PM »

I had the idea to make the public Bingo Book in the Character Profiles section. Now ICly for role play purposes it would be a tablet device sold in all general stores. This allows it to electronically become updated whenever new information is posted. I think I might have an alt to act as a scouter for information. To avoid an invasion of privacy, ooc knowledge will not be put in the book. Meaning the knowledge of ones entire history, skill set and all that other junk us computer typers may see but the characters don't, won't be included..

As well I thought the information should be very brief and subtle;
Name
Affiliation/Home Town
Rank
Status
Lastly, a bounty

I figure that not all nin will have a bounty on their head, for most aren't evil. The bingo book itself is like a manifesto of the sort, keeping track of the population as well as active role players we have on SL, meaning the more outdated the information the more inactive said character is. As for the bounty section, instead of imaginary money, I'm thinking of a twist and incorporate DP and possibly give it a better use. There would be a chart that needs to be setup to calculate pricing and what not, but I'd like the idea of villages and high authority figures themselves to be able to declare bounties. For fun, for justice, for whatever purpose.

An example would be: A group of players have just breached a village's walls and is now robbing their bank in what seemed to be a heist operation. Things go sideways and the village's ANBU managed to subdue one of the members. Through the use of the bingo book and interrogation they are able to find out the names of the other assailants. By placing a bounty on each of their heads the village asks for a high price. Now other players may seek out said nin to capture them upon the request, and claim the bounty.

A small scenario of how the bingo book and bounty hunting could add a new aspect of RP to SL. One thing I do want to make clear is that I am not trying to make the Bingo Book some sorta magic genie that tells you where exactly a person is. Its to guide players to track down those wanted, as well as keep order of who is roaming the SL world.

Maybe even a little small picture could be displayed next to the information, maybe not. I feel like this could open up a whole other style of role play, making criminals really watch their step; due to being on the look out. As well as make heroes, seek out the villains for extra loot and justice. Cops and Robbers still at play.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »

My question is whether or not this bingo book thing would be an actual device that can be accessed and actually be purchased from a shop like the weapon shop or the apple-bobbing place. Or will it strictly be all RP? If the latter, where would the information be posted? And for both examples, who would have access to modify it? For example, if Hunter Nin Nin has a bounty out on his head, what's to stop him from going in and modifying this information himself to completely falsify info or even remove himself entirely?
On a side note, if this is all RP, I could produce and distribute these devices RP-wise. Becquerel is already an inventor and scientist and has been collecting information about ninja. Would not be hard for him to mass-produce something like this.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »

My question is whether or not this bingo book thing would be an actual device that can be accessed and actually be purchased from a shop like the weapon shop or the apple-bobbing place. Or will it strictly be all RP? If the latter, where would the information be posted? And for both examples, who would have access to modify it? For example, if Hunter Nin Nin has a bounty out on his head, what's to stop him from going in and modifying this information himself to completely falsify info or even remove himself entirely?
On a side note, if this is all RP, I could produce and distribute these devices RP-wise. Becquerel is already an inventor and scientist and has been collecting information about ninja. Would not be hard for him to mass-produce something like this.

Much like some wikis, the contributor would likely have to give some identifying information in order to make any contributions of that sort. Could they still fake it? Well, the international version, perhaps, but I imagine there would be localized, village record that, under certain circumstance, would take precedence over the international record. If they still fake it, well, as Kay said, that's part of the fun.  :smt080

If you go your mailbox, you will notice a section called bingo book. You can add people to your personal bingo book and put a description of them inside of it, but that's about as far in-game as it gets unless you hire Shinobazu or whatever his name is. The version talked about in this thread seems to be much more RP based though.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:19 AM »

I would like to throw in that it shouldn't be exactly like a computer tablet, with fancy touchscreen and all. It should be closer to an e-ink reader. Wi-fi would be a really far reach, so it should be something you should have to plug in to access the entire ninja database. Individual profiles can be saved onto your personal device, but it won't be updated until you plug it in again. As for where to plug it into, database hubs with retractable cords can be set up all over any village.

So who can edit the database? Only high-ranking village officials can when it comes to putting up shinobi profiles. But anybody can put up a bounty, so long as there's an indication as to who put it up and for what reason.

If you're not familiar with what an e-ink reader is, see here.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I15SB16/ref=fs_kb

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:08 AM »

I see two hiccups with this, one of them being the same thing Kay mentioned; this basically already exists. For more discreet usage there's cards such as Kabuto's, for stuff inside a village there's the ninja roster for villages own people that kage, medical staff and other relevant higher-ups only have access to, and for the wanted or otherwise deemed dangerous individuals there's the bingo book. For cross village reaching stuff, unless there's someone who's declared a missing nin and wanted dead or alive simply that bad, there isn't really anything.

For the second hiccup; why would there be a public compiling thing? For some places missing nins are a disgrace they want dealt with in secret, for others the village simply doesn't want others aware of what they know and about who, much less who they want dead and why. Publishing info on rosters of the non-wanted people in turn should be a fairly obvious answer; not only is that personal information, but it can also entail potential village secrets or hints of its overall strength, so it only does a village harm to give any of that out really.

From an IC pov, I unfortunately don't see how would this make much if any sense at all, unless it was limited to just making a shinier version of the list of publicly wanted individuals or something. A fancy bounty list so to speak.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:00:35 AM by Warren »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:03 AM »

From an IC pov, I unfortunately don't see how would this make much if any sense at all, unless it was limited to just making a shinier version of the list of publicly wanted individuals or something. A fancy bounty list so to speak.

Basically, I think the way this would work is that it would just be a list of public bad guys that anyone could access. For example, I have no idea that there already is publicly wanted people RP-wise. To me, it sounds like it would be an electronic list of wanted posters with a little description about who they are and why they're wanted.
And I understand about the whole hiding of the missing nins because they're shameful, but we don't have to exactly follow the Naruto canon. We already don't.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 03:06:37 AM »

There is. People like Itachi, and later Sasuke after he attacked the gokage meeting, were both announced publicly as missing nins.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »

Well I for one will start manufacturing these fancy things, and will make quite a profit off them. My village does specialize in paper and metals after all. I'll even call for a kage summit in proposition to it. If I get enough nods to go ahead with the summit, then we'll be in IC discussion of these things.

Also, Ninja Info Cards are apparently claimed. So this is our next best, and fun, thing. The main purpose of this was to put out a cross-nation bingo book. But a ninja-profiling database is also a fun idea too.

That leaves me wondering though, what the thoughts of all the current kage are on this.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 03:58:07 AM »

Well I for one will start manufacturing these fancy things, and will make quite a profit off them. My village does specialize in paper and metals after all. I'll even call for a kage summit in proposition to it. If I get enough nods to go ahead with the summit, then we'll be in IC discussion of these things.

Also, Ninja Info Cards are apparently claimed. So this is our next best, and fun, thing. The main purpose of this was to put out a cross-nation bingo book. But a ninja-profiling database is also a fun idea too.

That leaves me wondering though, what the thoughts of all the current kage are on this.

I would offer to help to manufacture them, but I wouldn't produce them for a profit. With my lab, it would be easy to produce them as I stated earlier. But, because I'm not a key player and not well known like a lot of you, I think that you guys will just go on your own.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »

Someone should construct a basic Ace ninja card. ;)
Since I do not participate in role play, should be easy!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:32:43 AM by Ace »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 05:03:11 AM »

Hmm, it seems like an interesting idea. From IC viewpoint it can be ran two ways:

1. It's a bingo-book compiled by bounty hunters and the like of people with, well, a bounty on their head. The information can be compiled and placed somewhere like the forum to keep track of it. The information, of course, comes from other players who are known for gaining information.

2. It's a bingo-book that is ran by the current 'Kages. They put their info. together and list their missing-ninja so that others may hunt them down. They can also just list evil individuals in general as well as Jinchuriki's and whatnot.

Personally, I say go with both so that it isn't limited to just bad guys. Good guys can and do have bounties as well. I wouldn't make it into some electronic device, though. Make it a book that updates when you add chakra to it or something. The information can be placed as pinned topic on this board and be monitored and updated by Kay, Ace, myself, or any other mod. I'm not quite sure how you'd factor subterfuge into it, but I'm sure we could work something out. Just thought I'd give my two cents.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 05:16:40 AM »

Personally, I say go with both so that it isn't limited to just bad guys. Good guys can and do have bounties as well. I wouldn't make it into some electronic device, though. Make it a book that updates when you add chakra to it or something. The information can be placed as pinned topic on this board and be monitored and updated by Kay, Ace, myself, or any other mod. I'm not quite sure how you'd factor subterfuge into it, but I'm sure we could work something out. Just thought I'd give my two cents.

I think the reason for that is because people want to make it accessible to everyone. Carrying around a little device would be less cumbersome than carrying around a book, I believe. And it would make more sense to plug in this device to update it instead of somehow updating a book I think. At least, with the current idea that's how it is. And I also support bad guys being able to put hits on good guys too. Spread the wealth.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:25:55 AM by Becquerel »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.064 seconds with 16 queries.