Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2  (Read 19540 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Re: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2015, 12:26:19 AM »

I am still waiting for the reason why me reacting to what I see is metagaming as well as how this explosion would not stop his sealing attempt. 

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »

Sleep deprivation - It doesn't mean too much if you're a ninja. Especially an Uzumaki at that, who are known for their strong life force and body. Heck, we even have a provision for them, and Senju, to be the only ones that can survive a Tailed Beast extraction in the rules. In fact, a regular ninja can go on fighting for three days and nights with the aid of a soldier pill. Masane is of Uzumaki origin as well, so she should easily be able to shrug that off for a bit. Especially when the adrenaline starts kicking in.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? We're ninjas, not robots. Everyone needs sleep.
Please stop using the Uzumaki/Senju as some kind of 'invulnerability' clutch. No one said she dies from sleep deprivation. All I'm saying is that her senses are dull and this 'adrenaline' doesn't even kick in until after the seal's activation, correct? >.>
Masane should blame herself for stating such, even including the baggy eyes. >.>
And technically speaking, no one survived a Tailed Beast extraction. Kushina died and Naruto would have died too w/o help. >.>

Less than two seconds is still plenty of time to act for a ninja. I have my criticisms concerning the sealing speed of the Uzumaki Sealing Technique, since it's vague in it's speed in the manga, but shows to take several seconds in the anime (as seen here, skip to about 8:50) by the leader of the Uzumaki himself: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Ashina_Uzumaki "He was unrivalled in the handling of fūinjutsu, and was even said to be the forefather of Konoha's fūinjutsu." Straight from the fourth databook.

But if you guys really want Ichirou revived via questionable methods, that's on you. You're just giving me a suitable host.

The seal activating is what tips-off Masane. But after the seal activates, it doesn't suck in the target for about 6-7 seconds.
[/quote]

So your 6 seconds is from an anime scene that is non-canon?
And you do realize that the 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' is just a generic term, right? I'm sure the clan doesn't not have one basic sealing technique that they all use. Even the 'Dead Demon Consuming Seal' came from the Uzumaki Clan. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/619/4
So that in itself is an 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' and when it was used on Edo Tensei Hokages, it didn't take that long. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/123/12

Even the sealing of Kyuubi didn't even take 6 seconds.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/504/6

So please stop with the 6 - 7 seconds argument.

And what was the reason her blowing his hand off wouldn't work? She's too tired?

I believe the argument is that she would not have the reaction time to do so due to her sleep deprivation and the time-span of Yujo's Uzumaki Sealing Technique (of 2 seconds).

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2015, 01:27:23 AM »

Actually what tipped me off was him trying to lace our fingers.
Just because one has not slept in a while (in this case for Masane it was maybe 18 hours. Rp wise.) Does not mean that one would just sit there and have no reaction to what they see.  So even if it is a cheap little two seconds, the explosion occurs near instantly. The seal would be destroyed unless he can stop a point blank bakuton blast. That lousy time frame argument is irrelevent. As is your sleep deprivation one.

Dark circles were the only effects stated from lack of sleep. You cant go back and say there were more just because it helps your cause. Whats that called again? Retroposting?  The point is, none of you can come up with a REAL reason for me to not react to what I see happening.  So Yujo needs to post or we just create another rift in SL like in Boccs day.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »

Actually what tipped me off was him trying to lace our fingers.
Just because one has not slept in a while (in this case for Masane it was maybe 18 hours. Rp wise.) Does not mean that one would just sit there and have no reaction to what they see.  So even if it is a cheap little two seconds, the explosion occurs near instantly. The seal would be destroyed unless he can stop a point blank bakuton blast. That lousy time frame argument is irrelevent. As is your sleep deprivation one.

Dark circles were the only effects stated from lack of sleep. You cant go back and say there were more just because it helps your cause. Whats that called again? Retroposting?  The point is, none of you can come up with a REAL reason for me to not react to what I see happening.  So Yujo needs to post or we just create another rift in SL like in Boccs day.

I don't know. You're the one who gave yourself sleep deprivation. >.>
I'm just stating the real-life effects of it. That's not retro-posting. >.>

We did not say you cannot react to it, we just think you cannot react to it in time.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 01:53:15 AM »

But your argument as to why is weak. I was looking at him with my EMS and im familiar with sealing techs. Why could I not react in time?

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 02:01:24 AM »

LOLOLOLOL
So Masane made herself tired and then calls it retro posting when its brought up.
*rolls on floor laughing before he can continue to somewhat respond*

---------------------
(8d) <||||> Uchiha 爆弾 Masane Masane detected Yujo as he drew closer to her home. She stood up and moved to the door just in time to see her brother come up. He had been missing for a long time but she would get to that later. The door opened and she stood there, still in her ninja gear. She had not taken ( c )
(8d) <||||> Uchiha 爆弾 Masane the time to unwind. She had been trying to locate Amegakures would be assailent. It was clear from the dark circles under her eyes that she had not slept in a while. "Hey guys, come in." she mumbled as she moved back into her living room in order to ( c )
(8d) <||||> Uchiha 爆弾 Masane make a thrid attempt to find her target. It was beginning to seem as if the mad would never show himself. As she stared into the crystal ball she spoke. "What brings you guys here?"
---------------------
If that's not sleep deprivation, I don't know what is. >.>
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:07:53 AM by Keito Uzumaki »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:49 AM »

LOLOLOLOL
So Masane made herself tired and then calls it retro posting when its brought up.

Again for the seemingly illiterate, the ONLY effect stated from lack of sleep were the dark circles. You cant go back and say that I was sluggish or dull. You cant GO BACK and add stuff to MY POST.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 02:09:42 AM »

LOLOLOLOL

Again for the seemingly illiterate, the ONLY effect stated from lack of sleep were the dark circles. You cant go back and say that I was sluggish or dull. You cant GO BACK and add stuff to MY POST.

That's like saying you bit into a lemon and only felt the effect of liquid on your tongue but none of the sour.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 02:10:18 AM »

First off I just want to say that, guys, it's game. I know this is SL and it's serious business gais, but it's not. Now then, on to why Masane is sealed.

She found it odd that he would try to interlock their fingers. This was completely unnecessary for what she was doing so she did not let it happen. She was sure to keep her her hand were it was. The girl was able to funnel her chakra into him with the contact that they already had. ( c )
(2d4h) <||||> Uchiha 爆弾 Masane Her eyes narrowed and in that moment she realized that this man was indeed an enemy.

That right there is how you have, essentially, sealed your fate. No pun intended. The rest of your post before that is basically you admitting that you would usually not have trusted him, but let it get this far because you wanted your brother's life to be restored. In other words, you're saying in character that you messed up. Now, with that post you're insinuating that you know he's going to attempt to seal you because your chakra's are connected and you can now 'feel' each other. That's all fine and dandy, but therein lies the problem: Yujo never gave off any killing intent or malignance. Due to that, it is, in fact, meta-gaming to now know he's planning something. Add this to the fact that, as Mei has pointed out, you are sleep deprived and, therefore, have slower reactions leads to you not being able to react in time even if you did know he was planning something. Being a ninja/superhuman has nothing to do with it as a lack of sleep is still a lack of sleep to the human body.

All in all, you trusted him fully until you saw his post trying to seal you and then all of a sudden tried to pull something to know what he was doing without it coming off as meta-gaming; however, you've failed at that so it did come off as meta-gaming. So, in other words, you're pretty much done unless Yujo is going to let you repost.

Do note, by the way, that this all my 2 cents on the topic because it's been going back and forth for so long. I'd say it's just my opinion as well, but we all read the same thing and what's there is there, so yeah.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 02:11:45 AM »

LOLOLOLOL

That's like saying you bit into a lemon and only felt the effect of liquid on your tongue but none of the sour.

lemons and sleep deprivation dont work the same way. Sleep deprivation happens in stages while the lemon is instant. ANOTHER weak argument.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 02:12:13 AM »

Sleep deprivation - It doesn't mean too much if you're a ninja. Especially an Uzumaki at that, who are known for their strong life force and body. Heck, we even have a provision for them, and Senju, to be the only ones that can survive a Tailed Beast extraction in the rules. In fact, a regular ninja can go on fighting for three days and nights with the aid of a soldier pill. Masane is of Uzumaki origin as well, so she should easily be able to shrug that off for a bit. Especially when the adrenaline starts kicking in.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? We're ninjas, not robots. Everyone needs sleep.
Please stop using the Uzumaki/Senju as some kind of 'invulnerability' clutch. No one said she dies from sleep deprivation. All I'm saying is that her senses are dull and this 'adrenaline' doesn't even kick in until after the seal's activation, correct? >.>
Masane should blame herself for stating such, even including the baggy eyes. >.>
And technically speaking, no one survived a Tailed Beast extraction. Kushina died and Naruto would have died too w/o help. >.>

Less than two seconds is still plenty of time to act for a ninja. I have my criticisms concerning the sealing speed of the Uzumaki Sealing Technique, since it's vague in it's speed in the manga, but shows to take several seconds in the anime (as seen here, skip to about 8:50) by the leader of the Uzumaki himself: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Ashina_Uzumaki "He was unrivalled in the handling of fūinjutsu, and was even said to be the forefather of Konoha's fūinjutsu." Straight from the fourth databook.

But if you guys really want Ichirou revived via questionable methods, that's on you. You're just giving me a suitable host.

The seal activating is what tips-off Masane. But after the seal activates, it doesn't suck in the target for about 6-7 seconds.

So your 6 seconds is from an anime scene that is non-canon?
And you do realize that the 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' is just a generic term, right? I'm sure the clan doesn't not have one basic sealing technique that they all use. Even the 'Dead Demon Consuming Seal' came from the Uzumaki Clan. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/619/4
So that in itself is an 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' and when it was used on Edo Tensei Hokages, it didn't take that long. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/123/12

Even the sealing of Kyuubi didn't even take 6 seconds.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/504/6

So please stop with the 6 - 7 seconds argument.

And what was the reason her blowing his hand off wouldn't work? She's too tired?

I believe the argument is that she would not have the reaction time to do so due to her sleep deprivation and the time-span of Yujo's Uzumaki Sealing Technique (of 2 seconds).
Actually, that's the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, which is an entirely different sealing technique that had cons to even out the pros behind it. And even then if we're still talking about Kurama, it was the Four Symbols Seal that was used to seal him into Naruto. Two of them in fact, which makes the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style.

Though really, it's only usage ever was shown in the anime. If we're going by manga standards, we don't even know how it works at all. It's just there to exposition that the Uzumaki were special enough to have made their own seal.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-500-page-4.html

But really, tiredness doesn't even play a role here if she's using the Sharingan and has a good amount of time to react. I think you guys are forgetting that ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians. Uzumaki and Senju are known for their stronger bodies too, which is acknowledged by just about everyone here.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 02:13:30 AM »

"ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians"

Never has Masane ever rp'ed that with her character.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 02:15:17 AM »

I'm sorry Keito has been on Masane's mind so much lately. Maybe I'll send you a picture, it lasts longer. Either way, you made yourself tired like Mei already stated xD That isn't being ADDED to your post that is what came from your post. Thank you very much o' smart one. With that being said your reaction still doesn't stop the sealing technique. This isn't a scroll, this is direct chakra made into sealing formula traveling from your direct contact. Good attempt though but you should have just amputated yourself. The seal still goes into effect, the explosion doesn't stop that from happening and it was activated before your response and wasn't stopped afterwards. That contact alone was all that was needed to transfer over the seal, he just wanted to hold your hand for added effect. He doesn't have to touch you for the seal to work, but for it to work in the nature he described close contact is necessary. AND WHEN I MEAN THAT! FOR THE TECHNIQUE TO HAPPEN IN THE INSTANCE OF 2 SECONDS ACTUAL PHYSICAL CONTACT MUST BE MADE. Otherwise, you can refer to the anime footage of how the technique should work giving it a roughly longer time frame. But Masane made physical contact with Yujo and thats the only piece of evidence and proof necessary to claim herself 'tagged' by the seal. She can do whatever she wants but once the seal is complete she goes bye bye and now Yujo is left with an explosion beam upon his arm and hand. Thats where the RP leaves off honey bun.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »

I never said I senced anything. I SAW it happen. Again you add stuff to MY POST.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 02:17:29 AM »

"ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians"

Never has Masane ever rp'ed that with her character.

And you dont pay attention. I have filled zones and ame with posts about how I train. Im done with this. You all are going to argue the same weak claims with NOTHING to back them. Whatever have fun.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.