Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34457 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 01:46:57 AM »

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. We have almost 100 members, and our halls are teaming with activity. Ame on the other hand had maybe 5 active members, and 2 of them left just last month. Why should 3 people get a whole village board, when there are numerous Uzumaki who would love to have a place of their own?

Should Ame win, I give it 3 months before it's another Hoshi; just an abandoned board that no one uses. It's a waste of Neji's time honestly.

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 02:59:58 AM »

I do like Seiya's idea, though I'm wondering if that's even on the table if it's just a suggestion for now. I don't see why people are against Jiseigakure being turned into another village area, other than personal feelings or grudges being put into the mix, which there seems to be a lot of. Though if their main reason is inactivity, I can assure you that Amegakure has been very active. It's like they completely omitted that 16 page debacle we had. Or even forgot that there are people other than myself in the village. Or that there is a current five-person RP going on right now, which holds every possibility to hold even more people that will/want to jump in.

It's definitely a lot more active than Jiseigakure's current activity.
(33d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks with flamingo feathers.
(32d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(32d18h) [Senpai 玉][Master 主君]<死> Stonewall Jackson streaks alongside his sensei!
(32d4h) <沙> goblin sage of the sands hobbygobby streaks!!
(32d3h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel breaks the streaking streak.
(31d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(30d18h) <沙> Anbu Captain Shikamaru can't believe he just seen a naked man. "Can't they control him?"
(30d12h) <HT> Genin Mieko goes after the streaking man, wearing a white mask. "I'll stop him, citizen!"
(28d21h) <沙> Wandering Asadi heard the guard from Oblivion cry something out to someone. He quickly scaled a building and waved his fanny back and forth to the guard. "I've done nothing wrong!"
(28d20h) <Shi> Treacherous ShadowWind wanders
(28d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi gasps as Shadow stole his trademark! D:
(28d11h) <HT> Genin Mieko wonders what `iisn't`i his trademark?
(28d9h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel stands beside Asadi doing the same motion while wearing a spandex, one-piece skiing suit. "It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"
(28d1h) <沙> Wandering Asadi was proud of Becquerel. "You do until you get that wedgie!" ;-;
(24d9h) <霧隠> Mizukage nimishark says, "."
(22d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(15d3h) <|雲|> Nii Yugito peeks.
(12d3h) <未来> Genin kirirose looks around the village
(6d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(6d1h) <未来> Celestial Archer Shinkiro looking for more sparring partners to train for the upcoming Chuunin exam, who can also give advice/suggestions. o.o
(2d2h) Sannin SharinganpranksterShazno shrugs his shoulders, stripping down his clothes as he walks through "Welp, if ya can't beat 'em."
(1d19h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(23h14m) <HT> Genin Mieko peeks at the streaker.
(16h59m) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks after six hours!
> (3h8m) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks again! :D

Both the poll and this suggestion gives Amegakure the opportunity to hold a village board. Whether or not the other side realizes this, I don't understand why they would be completely against it, if we're leaving personal feelings and irrationality out of this. As for the current results, it's getting fairly close. Yesterday Amegakure was down about 10 votes, but now it's closed the gap to 5 votes.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 03:42:03 AM »

I do like Seiya's idea, though I'm wondering if that's even on the table if it's just a suggestion for now. I don't see why people are against Jiseigakure being turned into another village area, other than personal feelings or grudges being put into the mix, which there seems to be a lot of. Though if their main reason is inactivity, I can assure you that Amegakure has been very active. It's like they completely omitted that 16 page debacle we had. Or even forgot that there are people other than myself in the village. Or that there is a current five-person RP going on right now, which holds every possibility to hold even more people that will/want to jump in.

It's definitely a lot more active than Jiseigakure's current activity.
(33d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks with flamingo feathers.
(32d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(32d18h) [Senpai 玉][Master 主君]<死> Stonewall Jackson streaks alongside his sensei!
(32d4h) <沙> goblin sage of the sands hobbygobby streaks!!
(32d3h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel breaks the streaking streak.
(31d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(30d18h) <沙> Anbu Captain Shikamaru can't believe he just seen a naked man. "Can't they control him?"
(30d12h) <HT> Genin Mieko goes after the streaking man, wearing a white mask. "I'll stop him, citizen!"
(28d21h) <沙> Wandering Asadi heard the guard from Oblivion cry something out to someone. He quickly scaled a building and waved his fanny back and forth to the guard. "I've done nothing wrong!"
(28d20h) <Shi> Treacherous ShadowWind wanders
(28d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi gasps as Shadow stole his trademark! D:
(28d11h) <HT> Genin Mieko wonders what `iisn't`i his trademark?
(28d9h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel stands beside Asadi doing the same motion while wearing a spandex, one-piece skiing suit. "It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"
(28d1h) <沙> Wandering Asadi was proud of Becquerel. "You do until you get that wedgie!" ;-;
(24d9h) <霧隠> Mizukage nimishark says, "."
(22d18h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(15d3h) <|雲|> Nii Yugito peeks.
(12d3h) <未来> Genin kirirose looks around the village
(6d20h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(6d1h) <未来> Celestial Archer Shinkiro looking for more sparring partners to train for the upcoming Chuunin exam, who can also give advice/suggestions. o.o
(2d2h) Sannin SharinganpranksterShazno shrugs his shoulders, stripping down his clothes as he walks through "Welp, if ya can't beat 'em."
(1d19h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(23h14m) <HT> Genin Mieko peeks at the streaker.
(16h59m) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks after six hours!
> (3h8m) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks again! :D

Both the poll and this suggestion gives Amegakure the opportunity to hold a village board. Whether or not the other side realizes this, I don't understand why they would be completely against it, if we're leaving personal feelings and irrationality out of this. As for the current results, it's getting fairly close. Yesterday Amegakure was down about 10 votes, but now it's closed the gap to 5 votes.

Jisiegakure is supposed to be a neutral village. Changing Hoshi and changing Hidden Oto really are the prime pieces of meat taking that into consideration. Just because a village is getting named doens't necessarily mean that it gets its own race too (there is no Star race), though that will likely be the next step for whoever succeeds.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »

Hoshi's not going anywhere.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2015, 04:46:03 AM »

No reason to get rid of Hoshi.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 04:49:02 AM »

Which is why Jiseigakure is a more opportune place. Even the OOC sections of the current village boards have a bit more activity than there.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 05:12:05 AM »

lol, do I hear another poll?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 06:18:02 AM »

I have to wonder how hard it would be to just create two new village boards compared to changing exiting boards to new places. Look at what happened last time? We ended up with two Otos. And the time before that? modules had to be created to be placed into Kumo. and things were in weird places for a while. It took some adjusting in figuring where things were. not such a huge issue per say, but still one that occurred.

Anyway...just a thought.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 06:28:34 AM »

I would honestly rather see Hoshi and Jesi or whatever to get turned into more useful places. Just change their names to Ame and Uzu respectively and be done with it. No new board, and only a few coding changes could make this fair for everyone.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:21 AM »

Funny I was also about to say that Ame should just get it since they've been waiting so long.

I wouldn't say the popularity of Uzu counts for much.

Kusa was really popular for a long time too and now it's dead. I don't see many Death Dealers or Masked Bandits running around these days either.

So whose to say 6 months from now Uzu won't be dead as well? I wouldn't make a whole board for them just because they're popular right now. Just food for thought.

An idea I just had thought of is this. People are saying we only have so many boards to change but could we make a sub-board?

Like for Uzu you go to Konoha and in the Konoha board there is an option that changes the village board between Konoha and Uzushio. Like how we have the options for OOC and IC now.
Perhaps that would be a way to make more of the important villages have an in-game place without all the work of a whole new village module? Though I don't know how realistic such an option is, it is just a thought.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »

Can an option for opening a strip joint be added in Mr. Neji Sir?

If not yeah Ame has waited its due.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2015, 07:21:47 AM »

Can an option for opening a strip joint be added in Mr. Neji Sir?

If not yeah Ame has waited its due.

I don't think Neji would want to encourage strip club styled RP on any public boards. I imagine Jiraiya's spa might could have a section dedicated to carb-burning drying off.  :twisted:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2015, 08:07:42 AM »

I'm crossing my fingers that this vote and all future votes end in a tie as well so nothing is ever decided.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »

I'm surprised the poll is even close. Are you guys giving Amegakure pity votes or someone is creating alts to gain an extra vote? >.>

It's like what Ace said. It's about the 'now'. It doesn't matter if Amegakure waited the longest. Uzushiogakure is what's poppin' now. You guys are talking about promoting RP activity and yet you want Amegakure to be turned into a village?

Bocc, it is true. Whose to say that 6 months from now Uzushiogakure won't be dead. But Amegakure is dead now so.... >.>
I am sure every village has a brief period of inactivity, before being active again. Everyone has a life outside this game.

Plus when you think of Uzushiogakure, you think of the Uzumaki clans and all of its benefits.
Large chakra pool, chakra chains, fuuinjutsu, Mind's Eye of the Kagura (?)
That is why there will always be a growing number of Uzumakis in SL.

What do you get/think of when joining Amegakure? Paper Ninjutsu? Not that great considering Jiraiya literally defeated Konan in like 1 turn. >.>

Uzushiogakure is already the largest clan after Suna.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakuragakure gets more member than Amegakure in the future.
In a fair world, Amegakure would get its village board by now but then again, this is not a fair world. >.>

You guys need to stop thinking about the past, start thinking about the future.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »

What surprises me is that people think some crime has been committed here because the Ame votes have increased. Actually it amuses me to no end in a perverse manner.

What has happened is that after spamming the greater community of SL about this new village prospect, rather than just leaving it to the minority of Forum participants, a broader spectrum of opinions is being expressed. Perhaps that stems from a greater knowledge of the land of Rain due to its prominence in the manga/anime? How much was actually shown there about Uzi? When thinking about the future RPs, perhaps more people than some realized actually see a future in becoming Ame born. Side note: I believe they also claim steel release in addition to the paper release as well as being the location of the Salamander Habitat.

Additionally, I kind of like the sub-board idea too. I still think it would only be fair to advertise this vote is happening on the SL MoTD.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.