Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Workshop  (Read 24191 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Bijuu Rules Workshop
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »

Please comment on the proposed rule that is listed in red. These shall be listed in categories. Feel free to suggest other categories and topics for future discussion.

Host responsibilities:
1]  Hosts must commit to an active presence in the RP community.
-->Make a Forum Account
  • Post a thread with challenge preferences, IC or OOC, and include date when 14 day grace period is over, within first post.
  • Update current activity log once every 14 days in this thread within second post.
  • Keep a challenger list in this thread within third post for OOC matches.
  • Keep a Pursuer's list in this thread within third post for RP hunts/matches.
  • Your preference rules do not exclude you from the basic rules.
  • Matches can be held on the forum, in a separate thread, but it is not required, Time outs no longer occur on SL nor do posts disappear until months after the inactivity rules have been exceeded.
  • Post any planned absences to this thread and match thread if applicable.

2]Challenger responsibilities:

How to challenge:

Who may participate in challenge:

Where will challenge be held:

Proficiency with the Beast:

Judging a match:

Stripping a Host: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8580.0.html

Sealing a Bijuu:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:20:42 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Workshop
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »

time frame I think should be a week to 1.5 based off how some flow of RP's go. Otherwise activity is being engaged and continually doing things as a ninja and person on the realm and it shouldn't just be doing some self RP block text post just to save your behind from being stripped. Activity as in interacting with the community your character surrounds him/herself within. Unless you are a hermit of sorts, which is understandable but some form of actions on the regular should be made.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »

One of the issues that should be addressed is that of stripping someone due to not adhering to the rules.
When that occurs, a subsequent topic is made and that takes another three or so weeks.
And then people come to the defense of their friends. Biases exist, all are human...

To minimize such, have rules are detailed.

I understand this may be occurring because the rules are vague, please do try to address that. =)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »

I also agree with the once a week required post. Even if your character is a hermit, then at least post in the zones or something.

Call it a little redundant, but maybe if everyone's so concerned about Jink activity, why not make a sub-forum that is basically a jink-tracker. So there'd basically be a topic for every one of the bijuu with one post in it that could be updated by a village-board mod. Kind of like this

One-Tail: Testninja
20SEP15: Posted in Kirigakure
22SEP15: Posted in dwelling in Kirigakure (keys given out for proof)
25SPE15: Posted in Zone 1
Etc...

Just kind of an activity tracker, that way when someone calls inactivity they can just refer to the tracking board to see if something was done. And it would be hard to track EVERY single thing, so I guess their last post of the day could be where their current location is set at. Or if they're very active, just do something like 15SEP15 - 25SEP15: Active RP in Kirigakure.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »

Ace: I added stripping as a category.

Keito: I agree that activity should be public. However, given the difficulty on the site when it comes to getting a reply from someone, or someone to even interact with you at all, I feel that adding a condition that the RP activity should include others may not be fair.

I can't tell you how many times I make posts places and no one acknowledges me at all. But I am being active.

Mostly I look at this activity issue from the standpoint of how things have gone in the past. We had hosts who would not even log on for weeks at a time. Definitely a no-no. Sure people are going to have lives...vacations, internet service issues, health issues, death in the family, military deployment, maternity leave, unavoidable lapses in site participation. But usually a leave of absence has been acceptable in the past and for most, 1-2 weeks should be plenty enough time to resolve life issues to the point that one should at least be able to get back to duty, or log on and say...my life right now can't fit this in right now and the bijuu will have to be passed on to another.

We have had hosts who log on but do not rp in public anywhere. Also not an acceptable issue in my book. I feel that a host should be someone who is active and creative enough to go out and make rp that people can participate in. To be available for storyline game play in any form they can devise. I like the idea of the grace period...so that could still be private rp... but mostly after they are sealed and adjusted they should be doing things. Even just eating at a ramen shop in the village. They need to be visible. Somewhere.

Becquerel: A person could update their SL bio with a "current RP" and do dates like you suggest. With the understanding this is OOC info. Here a leave of absence could also be listed. I do not think that people's lives should be hampered from tending to things within the 2-4 week time frame. Longer than that and clearly their lives cannot meet the standard at this time. And there is nothing wrong with that. They can let it go and try again when things settle more for active rp.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »

You know what, two weeks should be okay as the max limit. But I also believe that in the case where a bijuu user only does one post every two weeks should also not really be considered 'active' (unless they're in an active RP and RP-locked). Because seriously, logging on once every two weeks just to make one post that says your walking around is basic laziness and not good role playing standards. At that point, they're basically holding onto the bijuu for prestige.

And I figured that we have topics listed here with each of the bijuu because the members of the forum are really the only people who even care about the dang things. Having a log to keep track of a jink's activity here would mean it'd be easily accessible to the forum members. Plus, people sometimes like to list stuff in their SL bio like stats or quotes or other stuff lol

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »

Hey there. ;) Been awhile since I've posted in a bijuu thread. Well I have a computer again. Joyous.

I guess we're going to attempt to amend:
1] Hosts must commit to activity.

Let's start with maybe rewording that? People seem to think since they have to post every 2 weeks that posting in an rp every 13 days is abiding by the rules and that's just a shitty loophole.
Suggested:

1] Hosts must commit to an active presence in the RP community.

Much better. ^-^

Hosts MUST rp in a public area -
Accepted places: Village Boards and public rp zones
Denied areas: Dwellings, PM, Sannin/Hokage zones, Clan Halls
Exception: If you are in a clan such as Ame or one without a board then the halls are fine. Make sure your clan allows everyone in.

Hosts MUST rp every two weeks -
One week to me is too short. Feels too restrictive to me as something may come up.
The only way to abide by this requirement is by fulfilling the public area requirement. You rp'ing in a dwelling DOES NOT count towards fulfilling this requirement. To put it plainly: You must RP in a public area every two weeks.

Hosts MUST partake in bijuu topics -
(This is where my ideals will no doubt split people to agree with me or disagree with me.)

Hosts MUST partake in topics such as this. You don't own a car and then let others decide how you use it. The same applies here. As a host you have to know what is going on in the bijuu world as you have a bijuu. As a host you have to post, vote, and try to give opinions on bijuu matters. Active presence and all.

That's all I got for now.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:28 AM »

Becquerel: I agree that the one post every two weeks is very lame as well. At that point it really is not being active but just capitulating to the bear mins of activity for status sake's alone. Hardly an RP worthy deed.

I look at the 2 weeks as being something to tide a player over in times of life-time interference and would hope that the usual level of activity would be much more rich with actions and adventure.

however, to rigorously pursue a cut and dried regulation on what constitutes activity is to kill creativity and deny the random vagaries of life and inspiration.

Shadow: I like that edit and will place it there for continued discussion. It speaks more to the spirit of this issue under discussion. [sorry. i miss that often]

As to public areas: I think the upper zones should count, because of the desire to NOT post over RPs in progress in the other zones. It is potentially more public than a clan hall, after all. However, in the spirit of being accessible to those with ranks that prohibit them from reaching the Sannin and Kage zones, on the host's bio...if current RP locales were listed...then a challenger could pm the host and request they continue rping in a more accessible area. Just as with a clan hall, where a player has to join that clan to engage the host, this too could be manageable.

I like the idea of the hosts getting together to discuss issues. However, if things become too volatile, I see no reason to demand they show up. no one likes to be in a negative environment.

Eventually I would like to get back to a more hospital community where our differences are handled with mannerly discussion. Until that day arrives, to force people to participate in such things is not going to work. I know that from first hand experience there are times when I am just sick of everyone, I am sure they get sick of me too. Ideally it would be nice for all hosts to comment, but realistically I feel we have to understand that there will be times when it is just not going to happen, nor should that issue be forced.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:44:50 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »

Uh Kayenta it's me Ben. Shadow. >.>

Madara is the other guy.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 12:34:57 AM »

As to public areas: I think the upper zones should count, because of the desire to NOT post over RPs in progress in the other zones. It is potentially more public than a clan hall, after all. However, in the spirit of being accessible to those with ranks that prohibit them from reaching the Sannin and Kage zones, on the host's bio...if current RP locales were listed...then a challenger could pm the host and request they continue rping in a more accessible area. Just as with a clan hall, where a player has to join that clan to engage the host, this too could be manageable.

I like the idea of the hosts getting together to discuss issues. However, if things become too volatile, I see no reason to demand they show up. no one likes to be in a negative environment.

Eventually I would like to get back to a more hospital community where our differences are handled with mannerly discussion. Until that day arrives, to force people to participate in such things is not going to work. I know that from first hand experience there are times when I am just sick of everyone, I am sure they get sick of me too. Ideally it would be nice for all hosts to comment, but realistically I feel we have to understand that there will be times when it is just not going to happen, nor should that issue be forced.

There has never been a time when all the zones were taken up and nor will there be for the foreseeable future. There's 11 zones counting the main one. Should be plenty of room to rp there.

I understand that, but I would at least like them to post at the least something like "I agree with so and so" and such. There's a lot of variables, but presence needs to be shown I think.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 12:49:10 AM »

currently there is only one or two zones that are absolutely free from active rp.  and 9 bijuu? As I said, the upper zones are more accessible than clan halls, which was proposed as being acceptable to public rp. I think it should count for activity. they are public boards of the site.

I don't know, maybe neji would be willing to open them up for all ranks. Or to add more zones so those who feel the need to be elite can...for whatever reason. I personally have had rp die cause I reset and could not go back to continue the event. I will make a suggestion in the features board.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 12:34:28 AM »

As long as you can prove your posting in those places, I think it should be fine. Though, like Shadow said, the clans themselves must accept everyone so they can check up on said activity.

The one thing I have a problem with is the upper level zones, because I feel like that is a cheap Cop out on the activity rule. Everyone can join a clan, not everyone can look at the Hokage level zones. Now, that's not to say you can't post there, but if someone is looking for you, you should make it possible for them to find you.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 12:59:57 AM »

As long as you can prove your posting in those places, I think it should be fine. Though, like Shadow said, the clans themselves must accept everyone so they can check up on said activity.

Once again, if Dart's idea's not considered and bijuu remain collectible, a tracking forum topic could be used to track the posts. That way it's basically a logbook of bijuu activity, so if anyone wants to challenge it they could just look in the book and then compare what it said to what's posted.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »

Once again, if Dart's idea's not considered and bijuu remain collectible, a tracking forum topic could be used to track the posts. That way it's basically a logbook of bijuu activity, so if anyone wants to challenge it they could just look in the book and then compare what it said to what's posted.

I for one would still rather look for myself. Both options can be implemented.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 03:35:48 AM »

Hopefully we can get the upper zones unlocked so all ranks can enter them. Otherwise it is hard, even though a host could move his rp if someone requests they meet them for actual accessibility. But it should still count as activity because they are being productive and should not fall under the inactivity clause or be reason for extraction of the bijuu.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.