Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Limbo: Border Jail. Fair with Rules? Voided?  (Read 4213 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Limbo: Border Jail. Fair with Rules? Voided?
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:13:13 AM »

First of all I just want to point out that I am not trying to get the ability to use Limbo overturned in my current fight. I just actually think it could be fair. Not in Naruto but on SL.

The thing is if we followed the rules of Naruto as we know them as of the end of the series then we wouldn't have so many Rinnegan users. Only by combining the chakras of Indra and Ashura can the Rinnegan be awakened in the manga. That means that in the manga there could be at most 4-6 people with the ability to use Limbo and the ability to combat it around at any given time. And that's only with reincarnation shenanigans bringing back the past generations of Indra and Ashura reincarnations. It should naturally only be 2.

The thing is we don't do that here on SL. We stuck with it just being Uchiha DNA + Senju DNA. So an unlimited number of people can awaken the Rinnegan and gain the Six Paths Chakra required to see and damage the Limbo clones. I think it would also be logical to say that if you have Uchiha and Senju but with Sage Mode instead of Rinnegan than you could sense and damage the clones while in Sage Mode, like Naruto's Six Paths Sage Mode.

We would of course have to make hard rules about how many turns the shadows can stay out, how many you can make, and how long they remain on cooldown. Other things I am not thinking of as well I am sure.

Of course if the consensus of the community is, "Nah screw that jutsu" than it's all pretty pointless.

What do we think? Is Limbo worth saving or should it be scrapped?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Limbo: Border Jail. Fair with Rules? Voided?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:45 AM »

There was this topic that kind of touched upon the topic.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8540.0.html
I think that it was pretty much decided that if it were to be implemented, it would have to take some nerfs...But, at that point, it would basically be just an invisible shadow clone...But, it wouldn't technically be invisible because everyone could sense it.

Yeah, there's some problems with the whole of the genetic rules on SL...But, if limbo were to be used in the way it is in the manga, it wouldn't be really fair at all. Though, I guess you could detect them by spraying ink everywhere, covering the place with mist, or any other way of detecting invisible foes.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:21:46 AM »

Oh wow, you actually already said my current answer:

"Nah screw that jutsu"

But seriously, if people can sense them then they are just unseen shadow clones that can be manifested just about anywhere, and don't have the same bodily limitations as shadow cones. Keep that jutsu in the screwed pile imho.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »

Having to nerf it so much it becomes useless is possible too, which would indeed make the whole thing pointless.

That is a matter of perspective though. Using invisible Fuuton jutsu on a person without Doujutsu or Chakra Sensing is quite unfair for them too. We allow it without question on SL because the meta-game we have means it would be laughable for someone to attempt high power fighting without one of or both those abilities.

I'm proposing that the meta-game could also allow Limbo for similar reasons.

You could only sense them while you were in Sage Mode, or see them while you use Rinnegan, so they are not entirely useless even then.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:28:57 AM »

I know this is off topic, but when has invisible futon been useable? Are people seriously doing that? I figured futon was 'almost' invisible.

But the sensing thing would pose an issue for characters that don't have either of those...But I guess if you're a 'serious' fighter and don't have either of those, you're in the wrong place. Kind of a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' moment.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:31:51 AM »

Having to nerf it so much it becomes useless is possible too, which would indeed make the whole thing pointless.

That is a matter of perspective though. Using invisible Fuuton jutsu on a person without Doujutsu or Chakra Sensing is quite unfair for them too. We allow it without question on SL because the meta-game we have means it would be laughable for someone to attempt high power fighting without one of or both those abilities.

I'm proposing that the meta-game could also allow Limbo for similar reasons.

You could only sense them while you were in Sage Mode, or see them while you use Rinnegan, so they are not entirely useless even then.

I find your lack of faith in our ability to write ourselves out of danger disturbing.

But seriously, a disturbance in the air, some things getting chopped up before it hits you, a coincidental dodge or six that just so happens to coincidence with dodging the wind style attacks. Pick one and it has not only been done on SL, but will probably be done on SL within the next month or so and quite frankly be legit.

Shadow clones hitting you from another dimension is the principality of the technique. If it is not literally that then what is the point? Just make a yin-yang clone with space-time ninjutsu abilities and be done with it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 06:36:29 AM »

Just make a yin-yang clone with space-time ninjutsu abilities and be done with it.

Wouldn't that be literally the same thing but with a different name? Maybe I'm just a bit lost because I don't do all of that crazy stuff :(

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »

I don't even know what a Yin-Yang clone would be.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 07:04:02 AM »

Just make a yin-yang clone with space-time ninjutsu abilities and be done with it.

Wouldn't that be literally the same thing but with a different name? Maybe I'm just a bit lost because I don't do all of that crazy stuff :(

That's the point in me saying it.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Yin%E2%80%93Yang_Release_Clone_Technique

While that is the SL textbook version of it, I am basically suggesting make a real, biological clone of yourself using jutsu or science or whatever, teach it space-time ninjutsu, and call it a day. Heck, teach it Kamui intangibility and you got the same trolliness, which is why that intangibility ability is voided by some.

P.S: My peronal example of what I'm talking about:

Senpō: Shin bunshin no jutsu- Sage Art: True Clone Technique- Using senjutsu, the user takes a viable sample of their DNA and literally recreates it. This allows them to create a real clone of themselves, with the same abilities, body structure, and even personality. The chakra level, however, starts at one for the clone, meaning that the clone will have to naturally attain its chakra levels. Depending on the skill of the user, the clone can even be bestowed with all of the knowledge of the user to accompany the already imbued capability to use the knowledge. In addition to fuinjutsu, this can also be used as a ‘backup’ body, though sealing the soul within is a different matter. This technique requires a great amount of chakra control and knowledge of the person intended on being cloned.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:09:26 AM by Eric »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:03 AM »

You'd really rather deal with multiple Bocchieres than just one with Limbo?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 12:24:05 PM »

Limbo does spawn multiple Bocchieres, to be technical. Multiple Bocchieres that unless I'm in sage mode I can't even see, hear, taste, nor feel till its too late to react. It's a close contest of detesting, but I would indeed rather deal with a clone armor of Bocchieres than a Limbo army of Bocchieres. At least one set I can potentially use my shadow imitation on.  8)

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »

I've used this thing, but only for the occasional bit of RP flavor, never in battle. Being able to snap somebody's neck and instakill them in a split second, unless they've a rinnegan or some sort of sensing always and constantly active, is too much for even me really.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »

Limbo does spawn multiple Bocchieres, to be technical. Multiple Bocchieres that unless I'm in sage mode I can't even see, hear, taste, nor feel till its too late to react. It's a close contest of detesting, but I would indeed rather deal with a clone armor of Bocchieres than a Limbo army of Bocchieres. At least one set I can potentially use my shadow imitation on.  8)

Yeah but the Limbo clones can only use Taijutsu. I should make 8 Yin-Yang Clones so I can host every bijuu though. << Then they can all fuse DBZ style into the 10 tails host.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 07:13:37 PM »

Limbo is broke and should never be allowed in the world of SL. Period.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.065 seconds with 17 queries.