Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should the Gedo Mazo be added to the Bijuu Challenge List?

Yes
- 13 (52%)
No
- 12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: June 15, 2016, 05:28:45 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Should the Gedo Mazo be a challenge-able beast?  (Read 14688 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Should the Gedo Mazo replace the Reibi as a challengeable beast?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 06:36:47 AM »

From what I have read, I think that the Gedo shouldn't replace the Reibi, but possibly seen as something you can challenge for. While it is obvious why this was thread was formed, I do not care and will hand out "my" logic. Seeing Bocch's logic being that the Gedo Mazo is basically the shell for the ten tails, but it is classified as a summon right? Well by rules of SL, if the players agree on it, you can challenge for rights to a summon. It's happened for my summons before. So should the Mazo replace the Reibi, no. Should it be challengeable beast/summon yes I believe it should be. My overall vote is No for how it is worded. My vote will change if it is worded along the lines of "Should the Gedo Mazo be able to be challenged for?"
That my peeps is my feelings.

Yeah I am willing to concede that for what ever reason I thought no one would be receptive to the idea that there'd be 11 challenge-able beasts and they'd I'd have to get the Reibi removed. So yeah let's just change it to, should you be able to challenge for the Mazo?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:37:45 AM by Bocchiere »

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Should the Gedo Mazo be a challenge-able beast?
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 08:26:59 AM »

Just throwing in some series logic here. It's silly to say one can "claim" the Mazo and play keep-away from everyone else, and silly to say that once it's on the Tailed Beast list, it can only be challenged for.

Stay with me here, but let's see what happened in the series.
  • The Gedo Mazo is the dried-up husk of the Ten-Tails, sealed by Hagoromo in the moon and guarded by the Hamura and the Otsutsuki Clan. This is what it was originally intended to forever be.
  • Then Madara comes along with his newly awakened Rinnegan in his old age and summons it straight from the moon and in his lair.
  • Nagato is later shown to summon it wherever needed, because he has Madara's Rinnegan.
  • Obito pulled the same trick too, and only needed one Rinnegan to do it.
  • Then after Madara got one of his Rinnegan back after being revived, he summoned it straight out of Obito where it was still sealed within.
See the picture here? It's become a moot point to claim and/or seal it if anybody with at least one Rinnegan can summon it out of the blue. It doesn't matter if you're the Sage of Six Paths himself and sealed it within the moon, or just a mook who hid it in a cave. It's really easily usable if you have a Rinnegan. Sure you can play tug-of-war with it, but then nobody would really be able to use it. A better idea would be just to stick explosive tags or Hiraishin markers on it.

If anything, here's a compromise I would like to propose:
Add it to the Tailed Beast list, and then create a rule where it cannot be summoned and/or used other than by the holder of it.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:10 AM »

Just throwing in some series logic here. It's silly to say one can "claim" the Mazo and play keep-away from everyone else, and silly to say that once it's on the Tailed Beast list, it can only be challenged for.

• The Gedo Mazo is the dried-up husk of the Ten-Tails, sealed by Hagoromo in the moon and guarded by the Hamura and the Otsutsuki Clan. This is what it was originally intended to forever be.
  • Then Madara comes along with his newly awakened Rinnegan in his old age and summons it straight from the moon and in his lair.
  • Nagato is later shown to summon it wherever needed, because he has Madara's Rinnegan.
  • Then after Madara got one of his Rinnegan back after being revived, he summoned it straight out of Obito where it was still sealed within.
See the picture here? It's become a moot point to claim and/or seal it if anybody with at least one Rinnegan can summon it out of the blue. It doesn't matter if you're the Sage of Six Paths himself and sealed it within the moon, or just a mook who hid it in a cave. It's really easily usable if you have a Rinnegan. Sure you can play tug-of-war with it, but then nobody would really be able to use it. A better idea would be just to stick explosive tags or Hiraishin markers on it.

Add it to the Tailed Beast list, and then create a rule where it cannot be summoned and/or used other than by the holder of it.

BOOM!!!!!!! KAGE FOR THE WIN!!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:42 AM »

I mean Kage is super right but that is also not a compromise at all, that's just what I want done here.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »

I mean Kage is super right but that is also not a compromise at all, that's just what I want done here.
It's considered a compromise because of the additional rule about it. Even if it's at Tailed Beast status, without that rule anybody with a Rinnegan could rip out the Gedo Mazo.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »

It's considered a compromise because of the additional rule about it. Even if it's at Tailed Beast status, without that rule anybody with a Rinnegan could rip out the Gedo Mazo.

I suppose so? People already just put seals on it so you cant do that though but like you said that doesnt seem to matter.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »

Don't you mean that anyone with Madara's eye could summon it? I didn't see just any old Rinnegan using it.
Or did I miss something?

Oh yes, I most certainly did miss something...

...it's on the claimed list as belonging to Warren.

Duh.

Compromise? No, legalized theft. I can't think of anything worse than potentially having every rinnegan user on SL able to summon the dooms day machine. Can you imagine anything worse? I am certain that at least one of Shima Umioso's cats has the rinnegan by now, and we all know how fast they breed!

Additionally: By making it subject to bijuu challenge rules, Warren then is REQUIRED to defend 2 beasts, stop everything he is doing to deal with OOC bijuu fights. Why? Because we never did accommodate anyone who wished to go for an IC hunt in order to set up a bijuu challenge. This is just an attempt to force him to comply by those rules, rather than the ones for canon items which would require an IC hunt to engage. I think that if he had wanted to host more than one beast he would have sent himself around to challenge other hosts and attempt to acquire more.

Character control much folks?

As is, he meets the canon claimed items rules. He is active, he uses his possession. But no, you want to change the rules on him after the fact.

Word it however you like, rationalize that all day long, and site scripture and verse; it's still not right.

Have we circled jerked enough for one year on this issue, or must we go round and round some more?

It's not your decision, get used to it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:52:17 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 03:12:15 PM »

What if it was set up so that anyone with Rinnengan could summon it? Then, it would basically just teleport all over the place. Like let's say someone is riding on its back and then someone else summons it to be a decoration for a birthday party. Number one falls right on their butt. Then, while number two is about to feed it the biggest slice of cake, Number three summons it while in the Konoha sewers. Then everyone's toilets backflow and chaos reigns supreme as the mess flows through the streets of Konoha. Then number one summons it again and ends up passing out from the smell just by being near it.

It could be pretty funny. Finding out where the Mazo is at any certain time would be like trying to find out who's on first.

But no, that would make it more hectic. Might as well make just multiple Mazos and just take it off the claimed list like any Truesplendor Tantou.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

Yes.
What is the point of having it if you never use it? Keeping it to yourself seems unfair especially if one simply refuses to give another the chance to take it. It may as well not exist in that case.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »

While I agree with you Bocc, gotta know when to hold em, and when to fold em. Based off the opinions discussed today and the vote count, things slowly seem to be shifting in your direction. Alas, the timing is not right just yet. Not enough support is had, not enough to make Warren defend the mazo.

When and if public opinion shifts further, I will change my stance as I think it should be defended. Until then, I keep my vote a no to put this thread in the grave quicker. Timing is just not there, but if it ever gets there, consider my vote reversed.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »

While I agree with you Bocc, gotta know when to hold em, and when to fold em. Based off the opinions discussed today and the vote count, things slowly seem to be shifting in your direction. Alas, the timing is not right just yet. Not enough support is had, not enough to make Warren defend the mazo.

When and if public opinion shifts further, I will change my stance as I think it should be defended. Until then, I keep my vote a no to put this thread in the grave quicker. Timing is just not there, but if it ever gets there, consider my vote reversed.

Trev I don't know where you've gotten this idea that a majority isn't a majority unless it is a large one. I don't think we have any precedence of something not being carried through because it only won by a few votes. I don't count the bijuu thing because there was mostly confusion on what the result was, not that it was close, to my knowledge. So what is a big enough split for you? 60/40? 75/25? 90/10?

And Kay if that's how you feel should we abolish the Edo Tensei rules? Those were brought into play by you guys back when I was the only one using Edo Tensei and I didn't do anything wrong, you guys just beat down my jutsu because you could. People actually went, "Yeah Bocch hasn't done anything wrong, but I think it should be nerfed anyway." So they don't count then because that's not what I signed up for when I started using the jutsu right?

Also Madara's Rinnegan was the only Rinnegan Kay, there weren't any others till Hagoromo came out of no where and Deus ex Machina'd shit.

We decide things as a community and if the vote is in favor of making it challengable than it will be. I certainly don't expect Warren to actually defend it he doesn't follow the bijuu rules he agreed to follow and he's already stated he won't follow this one if it's agreed on. No one's going to force him to defend it, if he doesn't want to he can surrender it or be stripped that's how these things work.

You just said he's following the canon item claims rule. Well why is he following that? All we did was propose it, vote on it, and than put it into effect, just like we're trying to do with this. So why is this different? The canon item rule effected everyone with canon items and was put into effect without much fuss, this will effect only the one person who holds the Mazo and it's character control now? I don't see it.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »

I originally intended to vote "Yes" on this whole matter. However after reading through the pages of arguing and bickering, I decided to go with the latter.  Although Kage makes a great point, what's the point of even using the damn thing when anyone with Rinnegan can easily take it back from you. It'll eventually turn into a messy tug-of-war between the claims list and the summon itself.

The Gedo Mazo needs some reworking firsthand and rules that will hopefully cover any loopholes, before we start jumping on the 'end-game' bandwagon.

Edit:

I feel that this whole thread is basically about getting Warren to actually defend this item that we speak of. However you can't really force anyone to defend something when nowadays no one goes through the proper channels to initiate an actual *IC* scenario.

(This happened with other items but I'll just leave that in the air for discussion)

If the Juubi is something that was voided in a previous thread, then why make a big fess about it when your so close to achieving your end-game goal and if your successful in your endeavor, everything in the end will be treated OOC.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:29:53 PM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 08:25:49 PM »

I originally intended to vote "Yes" on this whole matter. However after reading through the pages of arguing and bickering, I decided to go with the latter.

Although Kage makes a great point, what's the point of even using the damn thing when anyone with Rinnegan can easily take it back from you. It'll eventually turn into a messy tug-of-war between the claims list and the summon itself.

The Gedo Mazo needs some reworking firsthand and rules that will hopefully cover any loopholes, before we start jumping on the 'end-game' bandwagon.

We've completely ignored that point thus far by saying the owner puts seals on it to allow only them to summon it. What else would you say it needs rule wise?

Miyamoto Omoikane

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »

Yes, it should be a challenge-able element of the game. I believe all cannon: objects, items and beasts should for sure be able to be challenged. People should not be able to hoard items, that kind of activity stifles rp and sl gameplay.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere
We've completely ignored that point thus far by saying the owner puts seals on it to allow only them to summon it. What else would you say it needs rule wise?

The custom seal is one thing, but nowadays with the introduction of the contract seal and Uzumaki Clan being a major race on the server, you will undoubtly run into some problems should you engage someone who is well-versed in seals. All it would take is someone to flawlessly place a contract seal upon the Mazo and voilą!

Anonymous Ninja has taken reigns of that colossal husk of beast out of your hands and it is now running rampart! (This sudden change would eventually fall upon a gamemaster to do their best to keep the flow of roleplay ongoing.)

Too many loopholes that need to be addressed, before we actually start introducing the thing into competitive roleplay. :oops:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:38:24 PM by Camel »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.