Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo  (Read 16058 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 02:03:41 AM »

Yeah you did actually. We decided not to void any custom techniques or abilities and just let it ride.

I really like your strategy of picking only one random part of my responses to acknowledge and ignoring the ones that show you have no idea what you're talking about, like your claims about Sage Mode. It's really a lot more classy then when you just ignore the entire post. Nah you're the first person to admit it when you're wrong though.  :roll:

Anyway, yes Eric. As I mentioned before I believe that since Dart's entire defense was based around him just changing the time table of my attack to suit his needs his defense would fail and he'd die to my Jinton blast. We didn't agree to the everyone gets one repost preference for this fight so I think you should decide whether he is dead or not, but that's up to you.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »

Yeah you did actually. We decided not to void any custom techniques or abilities and just let it ride.

I really like your strategy of picking only one random part of my responses to acknowledge and ignoring the ones that show you have no idea what you're talking about, like your claims about Sage Mode. It's really a lot more classy then when you just ignore the entire post. Nah you're the first person to admit it when you're wrong though.  :roll:

Anyway, yes Eric. As I mentioned before I believe that since Dart's entire defense was based around him just changing the time table of my attack to suit his needs his defense would fail and he'd die to my Jinton blast. We didn't agree to the everyone gets one repost preference for this fight so I think you should decide whether he is dead or not, but that's up to you.

EDIT: Also, no, I don't acknowledge any of those claims. Never have, never will. And every single one of my characters will have that same stigma.

EDIT: Yeah, I meant to add strength and jutsu are empowered by Sage Mode. But speed isn't. Reflexes are, but not speed.

Just like you chose to ignore that I know how to use your character's abilities to get out the Kamui attack.

Hello pot, it's the kettle.

Me dying isn't an option considering I still dodged the majority of the blasts then. I'll correct that in my next post. My attack just wouldn't be cast thus negating your 'Godhood' from being threatened.

Also, there's nothing in the rules that exempts people from reposting at the judge's order.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:11:22 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 02:27:15 AM »

Topic is unlocked to continue further debate for now. The more recent OOC posts were removed as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:00:31 AM by Shadow, the template guy »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »

I will wait for Athos to voice what he opposes about the post before I make a more substantive comment.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »

I will wait for Athos to voice what he opposes about the post before I make a more substantive comment.

me too

Uh, well, Eric is the judge for the fight Kay, but ok. So two things.

#1 I don't think Dart dodged my attack.

I said, "In the span of only a second or so, a total of one hundred dust release blasts had left Athos hands and moved to plague the battlefield."

Dart said, "Dart was able to count them as his Sharingan was able to perceive their color and see their movements as individual balls but he lost count at 52 when he noticed that a particular cluster seemed to be coming straight for him rather swiftly."

So he's let them basically all fire, more importantly all the ones that are trying to hit him. He literally says, "He would launch backwards swiftly just as the first few managed to get to his sides and blow past them with ease before they could entrap him."

So blasts are already beside him and he chooses to rewrite my post so instead of it saying, "That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them."

It is apparently saying, "That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them. Also he left some big hole in the attack so even once it surrounded Dart he could just casually float out of the way."

He just floated backwards into an attack and is dead.

#2 This x5 speed multiplier for Lightweight Rock Technique makes no sense and is completely pulled out of thin air.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Light-Weight_Rock_Technique

"Contrary to its counterpart, this technique reduces one's gravity, making it much lighter. The atmosphere, along with their body, can be lightened in order to take flight and increasing their maneuverability. With enough practice, the user can control their flight through the sky with specific bodily movements. However, a consequence of using this technique on oneself or another individual is a decrease in the physical force of the affected person's attacks."

An increase in speed is such an ancillary effect of the jutsu that it isn't even mentioned on the wiki page. It's certainly not a x2 bonus more than Perfect Sage Mode.

Onoki uses it to increase speed twice to my recollection. Once on A and once on Gaara's sand. However both of those are already incredibly fast. I don't need to tell you how fast A is and by the Kage Summit Gaara's sand is fast enough to block Amaterasu. When he uses it there is no appreciable increase to their speed. Here's him using it on A. Time should be at 10:00.

https://youtu.be/YBNriBWRfz4?t=600

Yeah he's vanishing and reappearing but that's how he always moves. He moved fast enough to dodge point-blank laser blasts from Juugo and leave after-images of himself behind from dodging Amaterasu. Honestly it looks slower than his usual speed because he's not leaving after-images. It just looks like regular Body Flicker to me.

I'm not saying it doesn't make you a little faster but remember how the jutsu works, it makes you lighter and lighter and reduces your personal gravity. A was still able to run around when Onoki used it on him so it must have been a minor enough usage that it didn't make A just float off the ground. Which is what the jutsu is meant to do, let you fly not give you a speed up.

As it says above you don't fly with chakra propulsion or something it's just learning how to move your body to guide how you float, just like moving in zero gravity in real life. That isn't quick, you just float. That is the net gain of the jutsu, levitation, not speed.

If you guys want some videos of Onoki flying around the battlefield I can grab some but he moves at the pace of a brisk jog. It's not quick. The x5 boost Dart is claiming is something he made up on the spot. All "overclocking" the jutsu would logically do is make him start to float upward instead of hover in place and since he didn't move to dodge until my attack was already beside him, ie the cage of Jinton had descended and the blasts were next to him, he would just hit the blasts faster and die.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:06 PM »

I don't see the logic in Dart's post. I don't know the exact number of yards it is from ground to above the clouds and I'm too lazy to go check since I'm on my phone (Edit: it could be from 2,100+ to 6,600+ yards, judging on the natural heights of clouds... checked on my phone afterwards), but he just messed up immensely by following Athos up there. So instead of possibly hundreds (thousands) of yards between, he reduced it to 30 measly yards, which he stated a few times. So, now, he's literally super close to the epicenter of the attack and with the speed they go, where they can make it difficult for me, who's without his Gravity Seals, which makes me rather fast like 3rd or 4th Gate fast, I haven't really drafted up its speed enhancement chart, but I know it's at that point. Then, I have Sage Mode on, which increases the speed again, not sure how much since it's not a technique but a physical feature. But the RnY already makes one super fast, times that by 3 and I'm surely moving faster than the best Sharingan can track.

And i still had difficulty in dodging the attacks when they were similarly enhanced through the Sage and Saiken merger, not to mention the user's own proficiency and control over the technique.

So, when one loses count at 50+, I see that as not having a masterful Sharingan to pick up on their speed, thus largely unable to really dodge them at the range you had placed yourself. Especially, when you only do the one thing.

Then there's the other thing, the time it took for you to get above the clouds as well. You're making it seem as if you're at the same level of speed as someone with these amounts of buffs on them, when your only buff is the ability to fly. So, in my eyes, I could only see you breaking through the clouds, and only catching the last 50+ of your gifts, as Eric said, are already speeding towards you, since you're not faster than Athos in Saiken Sage Mode.

I'm not being biased at all, I can already sense these thoughts flowing through your mind. I'm in spectator mode, looking through all perspectives and I don't see you dodging this attack. If by some chance that you do, it's severely maimed and would eventually result in death in short time. Obviously, that's my real two cents in this debate... simply wanted to see how this repost was going to turn out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:40:14 PM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 06:01:32 AM »

me too

Uh, well, Eric is the judge for the fight Kay, but ok. So two things.

I said, "In the span of only a second or so, a total of one hundred dust release blasts had left Athos hands and moved to plague the battlefield."

Dart said, "Dart was able to count them as his Sharingan was able to perceive their color and see their movements as individual balls but he lost count at 52 when he noticed that a particular cluster seemed to be coming straight for him rather swiftly."

So he's let them basically all fire, more importantly all the ones that are trying to hit him. He literally says, "He would launch backwards swiftly just as the first few managed to get to his sides and blow past them with ease before they could entrap him."

So blasts are already beside him and he chooses to rewrite my post so instead of it saying, "That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them."

It is apparently saying, "That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them. Also he left some big hole in the attack so even once it surrounded Dart he could just casually float out of the way."

He just floated backwards into an attack and is dead.

#2 This x5 speed multiplier for Lightweight Rock Technique makes no sense and is completely pulled out of thin air.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Light-Weight_Rock_Technique

"Contrary to its counterpart, this technique reduces one's gravity, making it much lighter. The atmosphere, along with their body, can be lightened in order to take flight and increasing their maneuverability. With enough practice, the user can control their flight through the sky with specific bodily movements. However, a consequence of using this technique on oneself or another individual is a decrease in the physical force of the affected person's attacks."

An increase in speed is such an ancillary effect of the jutsu that it isn't even mentioned on the wiki page. It's certainly not a x2 bonus more than Perfect Sage Mode.

Onoki uses it to increase speed twice to my recollection. Once on A and once on Gaara's sand. However both of those are already incredibly fast. I don't need to tell you how fast A is and by the Kage Summit Gaara's sand is fast enough to block Amaterasu. When he uses it there is no appreciable increase to their speed. Here's him using it on A. Time should be at 10:00.

https://youtu.be/YBNriBWRfz4?t=600

Yeah he's vanishing and reappearing but that's how he always moves. He moved fast enough to dodge point-blank laser blasts from Juugo and leave after-images of himself behind from dodging Amaterasu. Honestly it looks slower than his usual speed because he's not leaving after-images. It just looks like regular Body Flicker to me.

I'm not saying it doesn't make you a little faster but remember how the jutsu works, it makes you lighter and lighter and reduces your personal gravity. A was still able to run around when Onoki used it on him so it must have been a minor enough usage that it didn't make A just float off the ground. Which is what the jutsu is meant to do, let you fly not give you a speed up.

As it says above you don't fly with chakra propulsion or something it's just learning how to move your body to guide how you float, just like moving in zero gravity in real life. That isn't quick, you just float. That is the net gain of the jutsu, levitation, not speed.

If you guys want some videos of Onoki flying around the battlefield I can grab some but he moves at the pace of a brisk jog. It's not quick. The x5 boost Dart is claiming is something he made up on the spot. All "overclocking" the jutsu would logically do is make him start to float upward instead of hover in place and since he didn't move to dodge until my attack was already beside him, ie the cage of Jinton had descended and the blasts were next to him, he would just hit the blasts faster and die.

A) You created them in 1 sec. Then they moved to plague the field. You did not specify the speed at which they moved.

B) Your balls would have moved in that fashion to "cage" Dart if Athos would have been above him. Which he's not at this point since you were so vehemently against having your character be at a higher point like I originally surmised.

C) In conjunction with B, thus your balls would have to come forth from their origin point and speed towards my current locale, while at that same time they would spread out to create the cage-like effect you desired from the original post, which I all fully acknowledged.

D) Even if, for some reason that Eric deems I'm hit, they wouldn't kill me as the average male fist size is only about 6.25"-8.1" in diameter.. There are already gaps in the attack as 25 balls isn't nearly enough to cut the space in between each ball to create the "cage" you're wanting. Plus, a hole that size wouldn't kill Dart unless it hit his head, which I won't allow period as that would character control on your part.

E) If you are saying that the balls instantly form around my body and thus prevent any means of escape, then I am going to call for disqualification as your move breaks the "unavoidable" clause.

F) Once a thing loses the shackles of gravity from the planet that it is on, it would then be subjected to the ongoing velocity that the planet's revolution has... That's scientifically backed and as far as I can tell, you aren't a Doctorate in Physics.

****For reference purposes: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion

That way you can read up on the First Law more thoroughly in order to educate yourself on the principle of my move.

*Newton's First Law: "In an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force."

**That force described is most commonly gravity.

*Newton's Second Law: "In an inertial reference frame, the vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration a of the object: F = ma."

**Thus my mass would now be significantly more impacted by the orbital speed of the planet.

***Dart weighs roughly 240 lbs. The known planets orbital speeds are now:

http://planetfacts.org/orbital-speed-of-planets-in-order/

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/planet_table_british.html

http://www.windows2universe.org/our_solar_system/planets_table.html

So the fivefold number is severely reduced, if you want to get technical. At least I put a quantified number down in order to adhere to Narutoverse Magic.

I was at work or else this would have been posted sooner.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 06:06:56 AM »

I don't see the logic in Dart's post. I don't know the exact number of yards it is from ground to above the clouds and I'm too lazy to go check since I'm on my phone (Edit: it could be from 2,100+ to 6,600+ yards, judging on the natural heights of clouds... checked on my phone afterwards), but he just messed up immensely by following Athos up there. So instead of possibly hundreds (thousands) of yards between, he reduced it to 30 measly yards, which he stated a few times. So, now, he's literally super close to the epicenter of the attack and with the speed they go, where they can make it difficult for me, who's without his Gravity Seals, which makes me rather fast like 3rd or 4th Gate fast, I haven't really drafted up its speed enhancement chart, but I know it's at that point. Then, I have Sage Mode on, which increases the speed again, not sure how much since it's not a technique but a physical feature. But the RnY already makes one super fast, times that by 3 and I'm surely moving faster than the best Sharingan can track.

And i still had difficulty in dodging the attacks when they were similarly enhanced through the Sage and Saiken merger, not to mention the user's own proficiency and control over the technique.

So, when one loses count at 50+, I see that as not having a masterful Sharingan to pick up on their speed, thus largely unable to really dodge them at the range you had placed yourself. Especially, when you only do the one thing.

Then there's the other thing, the time it took for you to get above the clouds as well. You're making it seem as if you're at the same level of speed as someone with these amounts of buffs on them, when your only buff is the ability to fly. So, in my eyes, I could only see you breaking through the clouds, and only catching the last 50+ of your gifts, as Eric said, are already speeding towards you, since you're not faster than Athos in Saiken Sage Mode.

I'm not being biased at all, I can already sense these thoughts flowing through your mind. I'm in spectator mode, looking through all perspectives and I don't see you dodging this attack. If by some chance that you do, it's severely maimed and would eventually result in death in short time. Obviously, that's my real two cents in this debate... simply wanted to see how this repost was going to turn out.

You're already biased with whatever Athos posted so that's thrown at the window.

Your abilities and enhancements have nothing to do with this discussion as it's between myself, Athos, and Eric. Not you.

The only reason you had difficulty is because you chose to have difficulty in avoiding them soo...

"Losing count" was because Dart focused on the clusters that were coming his way. It clearly states that.

Only 25 are coming at me so that comment doesn't even make sense.

Spectator mode or not, you're allied with Athos in this fight as well as outside of this fight. Your words have no temerity as they're completely biased. Again, this discussion doesn't pertain to you.

And don't ever assume you know who I am or how I think. Period.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 06:38:31 AM »

You're already biased with whatever Athos posted, so that's thrown out the window. Don't ever assume you know who I am or how I think. Period. (Just gonna borrow that quote)

Your abilities and enhancements have nothing to do with this discussion as it's between myself, Athos, and Eric. Not you. Considering it's holding up this fight, it concerns pretty much all the contestants. So... yeah, you're wrong about that.

The only reason you had difficulty is because you chose to have difficulty in avoiding them soo... I actually went with a comical post, so I did chose, but that doesn't change the fact that it was. Unlike you, I acknowledge claims that people have, if they've had it for such a long time. So, yeah, stop being so closed minded about everything.

"Losing count" was because Dart focused on the clusters that were coming his way. It clearly states that. Ahh, so it does. Then I'll humbly strike that from my post... I mean, not really.

Only 25 are coming at me so that comment doesn't even make sense. I meant the for that part... >.> simple mistake.

Spectator mode or not, you're allied with Athos in this fight as well as outside of this fight. Your words have no temerity as they're completely biased. Again, this discussion doesn't pertain to you. *Pauses for a moment to put that word in his mental dictionary, because it sounds awesome* Do allies really try to kill one another? Outside of the fight, sure, that's pretty obvious. But, I didn't carry these feelings inside the fight. [Insert your quote once again] And again, it really does, because, again, it's holding up this fight.

And don't ever assume you know who I am or how I think. Period. I really like that quote

Ooh, so spicy... I'm just gonna fix up your little post. The red really pops for stuff like this. Now, I'm going to say it, once again, I wasn't being biased, because there's no reason for me to be so. I was rather pleased that you were focusing an attack at him, even though he fought it and won in metaphorical court. This repost is just not what I would have hoped for you to do. So, please, let's just finish this debate and get back to the fight. That's all I care about.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »

A) The speed isn't really relevant when you watch them get launched at you, watch them approach, and then don't dodge till they're surrounding you.

B) I jumped up and you followed me so I don't know how you think I'm not above you when I launched the attack as soon as I get through the clouds, or why that would change how you already accepted the attack would be approaching you.

C) Yeah I guess that's how things moving from one point to another works. I'm not sure why you felt the need to explain that.

D) You already posted and thus accepted the nature of my attack so you can't argue it should be changed now. and yeah clearly there's no way anyone could die from getting a hand sized hole punched in their body anywhere but their head.

E) No you just posted letting them surround you before dodging for some reason.

F) Ok, that has no bearing on the ninja magic you're currently using so nobodies going to go read all that, I've already provided evidence that the move clearly doesn't do what you're claiming. I'm also just nonplussed at how you can pull all this information up but have no idea how Sage Mode works.

Whoa, why was my name dropped? I dodged the attack >.> and know how Athos could dodge this one.

Thank you, sir.

That was Dart's response when Jay agreed with him. For a fun activity compare and contrast that to Dart's reaction when Jay disagreed with him. This has no bearing on the argument but boy does it make Dart look like a jerk

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 07:21:23 AM »

I am actually going to start with a concern or two of Jay's, since Dato even being above the clouds is the crux of the post here:

I was under the assumption that Dato was already in the air, and kept said distance from Athos' upward trajectory, not that he flew up in pursuit of him from a ground level position. To suddenly be 35 yards from Athos even while the Uzu biju holder was grounded, and then have Athos to shoot into the air like a freakish blue bullet, and even then for Dato to casually float upwards after him is, as you say, kind of ridiculous.

It only makes sense if Dato was already near cloud level, which were my initial thoughts on both his original post and his repost due to this explanatory excerpt from his original post combind with how he got into the air position in the first place:

Going with what Athos is saying is the current timeline, which is him arriving above the clouds before the first droplets of the acidic rain could touch the ground (and that's from the ground, jumping, regardless of his speed enhancers) then it can be surmised that Dart would be able to pass through his clouds right after Athos did as he was the closest to his own technique and light enough to ascend rapidly without needing more of a modifier.

... He leaped straight and high into the air, but he wouldn't come back down. No, he wanted an aerial view of all the contenders as well as remain out of sight and range for the upcoming fights to unfold. He did not yet have field advantage and he did not yet know what the other's abilities were. He utilized his third and last action this turn to reduce his gravity at the cost of decreased physical force. He flew through the air to gain a nice vantage point above the contenders and awaited to see how the other players reacted to the first signs of conflict.[/color]

Now, Athos either is not arguing a view different than that for one reason or another, perhaps because since it was not one of the key issues with the original post (the dodge and the Kamui were) then it was not a main staple of argument. Your point is not invalidated because of that, but I felt it fair to acknowledge that because of what comes later in my opinion piece.

So, when one loses count at 50+, I see that as not having a masterful Sharingan to pick up on their speed, thus largely unable to really dodge them at the range you had placed yourself. Especially, when you only do the one thing...

He has mangekyou sharingan, mastery of sharingan is not really a point that can be made. Not to mention I can lose count of the number of cars passing by without being terrible at tracking them with my eyes; I just lost the counting number that I had in my head at the time because some of those cars are actually coming towards me.

Athos' points:

He just floated backwards into an attack and is dead...

Dart's front and above is the posotive xyz axii (I think that's how you do that plural) and below and behind him are the negative xyz for the following references to said coordinates. All defined by the right hand rule.

As Dart said, all of them were relased within 1 second to go towards their destinations, not that they reached their destinations in 1 second. Hence, not only is how fast they are actually going to these destinations up for debate, so is apparently the exact way they get into formation.

"Wait what, but I stated that they are to go after him in a cage-like fashion-"

They move towards him to get into that formation; under the previous assumption of him getting above the clouds as I said to Jay and you starting this jutsu right as you breach the clouds, then he would be approximately level with you upon the start of this jutsu; your sensory would continue to track him until he completely clears the cloud, as detecting him by his tangible form blocking atmospheric wind is not something that you are doing to track him.

So, the balls all originate from the posotive xy position and are able to move to the z position based on the pictoral depiction of your justu that you have on your wikia page for this technique. However, in order to be in the negative xyz, they would have to go past Dart, so logically speaking until one or two pass the yz plane where x=0 (IE, a plane made if you were to cut Dart's body down from head to toe facing his front and behind) there would be none behind him.

This is why he makes the attempt to float backwards; once he moves from his position, Athos' old tracking method is no longer sufficient, so the balls should not be able to home in on him (and so continue as if Dato had stayed in one spot).

Now, not just being nailed by the ones positioned above him because there are "gaps" or a "hole" does seem like re-writing your technique/post. But that part is not much different than what Jay did in his post. First, how you describe the attacks:

But that wasn't all, thanks to the fact that he had known exactly where everyone had been, Athos would have known where to send the blasts so that they threatened everyone on the battlefield beneath him. A total of twenty-five blasts of Senjutsu, Bijuu enhanced dust release balls would have come swarming towards Kamui Uchiha, Taumaster, Jay Nara, and Dart Terumi. But the attacks didn't just come from straight up, they came down and made sure to swarm each of the opponents, closing off a plethora of directional escapes that they could make.

Now, the wiki page for this jutsu explicitly states that all of the spheres descend simultaneously, as in, all at once.
( http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Dust_Release:_Genocide_Attack )

Combined with your in-post description, that means that there should be no "waves" of spheres dropping out of the sky, they should all at once arrive at their respective destinations already in formation in one second, which may have been what you had in mind considering the reason that you are against Dato's post.

However, that would mean that Jay's dodging, would not work at all like he intended:

When his form would be completed at full power, the multitude of Dust Release blasts would begin punching through the clouds on their way towards the ground. They were coming in faster than two shakes of a jackrabbit's behind and he took special notes with his Theta State to calculate their trajectories. With 25 on them coming towards him, he would have to spend these next precious seconds evading each and every one of them that came his way.

With the extra speed at his nimble toe-tips, it was time to go to work and he couldn't have any of these fist sized attacks coming in contact with him. So with the flexibility of a snake, he began to go through his evasive maneuvers. The 1st was easy, simply moving to the left at the last moment. But then, it grew complex. 2nd and 3rd came at the same time and he had to zip at a much faster rate. 4th through 15th, made him consider a bigger counter in the form of the Zanzo Bunshin|Afterimage Clone, which created 15 clones of himself that would cover nearly 20 meters. He would zip through clone after clone as he took extreme note that the blasts were following his real form each time a clone took his place.

Now, if anything, that is the first place your technique was literally re-written to fit the situation. This post was not contested so it was added to the canon of the fight; why then would Dato assume that they would arrive at him already complete in formation?

As for your second point:

I agree, I have never seen that kind of modifier on the lightweight technique before and am, naturally, very skeptical of it working like this.

I only have university physics 1 under my belt, but the force of gravity is NOT the only force keeping you on planet earth, especially since you are still within the atmosphere. There is also a sort of friction with the air, which increases with increased velocity. I believe the term is "drag". More importantly, the force of gravity is dependent on the masses of the objects in question.

The mass of the Earth is a relative constant, so you releasing your mass should make the force of gravity affect you less. Why, yes, but, the force of gravity is not affecting the dust release balls that much either; they are fist sized, and while contain some mass, are not even close to as heavy as you are. They, as well as you, are affected by the planet's rotation. From an inertial point of view in space, then yes, you would be moving much faster, recieving a boost from the earth's rotation and revolution across the sun and all that. But the spheres gain that same boost because they too are on planet earth.

Of course, you "nerfed" the actual speed increase because G-forces, unmodified bodily vessels breaking a part at the seams, you know, disaster scenario stuff. But the point is that you removing the hold on gravity - in this situation and in this manner - might would help you avoid something like a rolling boulder or even a super-fast kunai, but spheres of dust release chakra? I am not seeing it.

If speed is the only way that you get out of your predicament even with all other things considered, then I don't see how you don't take any damage from the spheres.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:25:59 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2017, 07:34:10 AM »

Dart has always been up in the air since he first leapt up there.

The balls are still effected by the gravity that isn't affecting me. Though they may be traveling fast, they are still slowed down by gravity and the 'drag' you mentioned.

My next motion would be to fall in line with the planetary velocity as well as inertia as well as the planet's centripetal force as they are the largest forces to be effecting me.

The drag exists, yes, and is part of the reason why I don't just fly off the face of the planet and am able (to some degree) retain some control of my flight pattern.

I suppose speed would be the incorrect term. Acceleration would be what was affected. The moment that I shifted backwards in my near-zero gravity state, my acceleration would skyrocket due to the planetary velocity which affects all things both in the atmosphere and on the ground.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2017, 07:36:59 AM »

I don't understand your explanation for why there would not be any behind him. A good way to visualize the attack would be if you drew 25 dots on a piece of paper and they formed the shape of a circle. That is descending on Dart with him in the middle so there are some on all sides of him. 

If Dart wants to claim that not all of the spheres are coming to his position at the same time because of Jay's post that's fine with me. I would like to hear him say that though.

Also as far as Sharingan mastery is concerned Dart's own bio says this.

Kekkei Genkai:
├溶 Yōton-Grandmaster
├沸 Futton-Grandmaster
└写輪眼 Sharingan-Master

So he is not at the absolute maximum level for Sharingan, if that is relevant.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:42:14 AM by Athos »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »

I don't understand your explanation for why there would not be any behind him. A good way to visualize the attack would be if you drew 25 dots on a piece of paper and they formed the shape of a circle. That is descending on Dart with him in the middle so there are some on all sides of him. 

If Dart wants to claim that not all of the spheres are coming to his position at the same time because of Jay's post that's fine with me. I would like to hear him say that though.

Kekkei Genkai:
├溶 Yōton
├沸 Futton
└写輪眼 Sharingan

He explained it perfectly?

They have to travel from Point A (which is your hands) to Point B (my last known locale). In doing such, they would have to spread out in their formation *first* before wrapping around towards my back.

They literally have to come at me head-on and spread out in order to get behind me.

And yet my wikia explicitly  states otherwise:

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Dart

EDIT: (Because it's good to make note what changes are made in posts after making the changes)

You explicitly wrote "cage" and yet now you are describing a ring. Two completely different objects.

The way you originally described made me believe that it was a technique most similar to the Demonic Mirroring Ice Mirrors. That's a "cage" technique.

When you asked for a repost and clarified, then you made it sound like a Thousand Flying Needles of Death.

Now you're describing it as a Ring with Dart the epicenter. (Even more so, you're only vaguely describing in that matter as you don't specify if it's a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal ring.)

How can you possibly find it to be ok with continuously changing youe preferred method of style to *coincindetally* argue against a decision not made in your favorite?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:51:17 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »

Kekkei Genkai:
├溶 Yōton
├沸 Futton
└写輪眼 Sharingan

He explained it perfectly?

They have to travel from Point A (which is your hands) to Point B (my last known locale). In doing such, they would have to spread out in their formation *first* before wrapping around towards my back.

They literally have to come at me head-on and spread out in order to get behind me.

And yet my wikia explicitly  states otherwise:

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Dart

They go up and out from my hands which are extended above my head and arc down on you from above. Was that not clear?

"That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them."

I'm above you and you are below me and they travel in an arc from my hands down on top of you.

Ok. Update your bio.

Edit: And are you claiming they don't all approach you simultaneously because of Jay's post?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:51:17 AM by Athos »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.