Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Limit temporary HP usage  (Read 8020 times)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
Re: Limit temporary HP usage
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:46:51 PM »

I don't even know how sharuto got all that hp, i only use sake anyway.
I'm back to SL !

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 12:03:37 AM »

Their is so many ways to gain the Temp Hp, stacking it is easy if you just see the obvious.
I could get my HP to 4000 if I wanted to.
It should be limited...this is ridiculous with that stacking of hp.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 12:29:41 AM »

to limit the attacker hp would be... well, something to argue about.

"when I attack, why don't I attack how I am?"

and so on

I can't see another good way to balance that.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 12:34:15 AM »

If temp hp is removed from pvps, then why not temporary attack and defense? everything affects pvp anyway
I'm back to SL !

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 12:35:41 AM »

If temp hp is removed from pvps, then why not temporary attack and defense? everything affects pvp anyway

Good idea.  :twisted:
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 12:38:37 AM »

the buffs have an "allow in pvp" ... and most are stripped.

as for the "temporary + and -" ... well, they come from buffs.... and are mostly stripped.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 12:39:32 AM »

Can you put it simple ? o.o
I'm back to SL !

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 12:41:28 AM »

How about: the current hitpoints of the target instead of the maximum ones are used?

current HP---> 753/237 <----maximum HP (permanent HP)

Your permanent HP should be used in pvp, not the current HP which you can triple or double. How could the combat be fair if the attacker can cheat by getting more HP than he was supposed to have.

1) Having high HP is a protection from Gyururu since she has very low HP.

2) It's already annoying when you get killed by a HP stacker. Seeing the news telling everyone that he defeated you fair & square makes it even more annoying.

3) Gyururu managed to kill a grand hokage with 130+ DK by stacking hundreds of extra HP. Without the extra HP, I had over 600 extra HP over my current 200+ HP and he did around 300 damage to me before losing. He would have won if I didn't stack.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:42:39 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Samantha

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 02:00:11 AM »

I don't see how this is any different from the last conversation and vote we had in February with the topic, Staying at Level 15.  As I recalled the voting had it to where there would be no limit on temporary attack and defense.  Even though some of us warned others of how this would make the game unbalanced.  Now all the sudden, less than two months later it comes up again with people that didn't want a limit on temporary attack and defense now trying to limit the temporary hp one can gain in a pvp battle.   Perhaps now its becoming clear that there needs to be a limit to how much temporary power a person can gain.

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 02:09:30 AM »

I totally agree with shikamaru, and i have said it before that players with temp attack and defense totaly ruin this game logic.
I'm back to SL !

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 02:40:15 AM »

I totally agree with shikamaru, and i have said it before that players with temp attack and defense totaly ruin this game logic.
Tell that to your alt. ;)
Besides I pay for it for gaining temp stats.
Perhaps just let PvP's rely on skill instead of luck.

Your stats/HP > Opponents Stats/HP
Your stats/HP < Opponents Stats/HP

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:02 AM »

I don't see how this is any different from the last conversation and vote we had in February with the topic, Staying at Level 15.  As I recalled the voting had it to where there would be no limit on temporary attack and defense.  Even though some of us warned others of how this would make the game unbalanced.  Now all the sudden, less than two months later it comes up again with people that didn't want a limit on temporary attack and defense now trying to limit the temporary hp one can gain in a pvp battle.   Perhaps now its becoming clear that there needs to be a limit to how much temporary power a person can gain.

You make 2 months sound like 2 days.

I don't agree with limiting everything. Just that players should PVP with the actual HP and not the buff HP that they stacked up to fit the "in a fair combat" thingy.

Naruto stayed a genin for 3 years while building up his strength. Another example would be Kakashi, a jounin with ANBU captain stats. So what's wrong with me staying at jounin and build up my strength?

IF players get to keep their temporary stat after a DK now THAT would ruin the game logic.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:53:40 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 02:57:13 AM »

And I totally agree with that, the same stand point I had last time.  :twisted:

@Kamui: Okay, implement that. I'll log off with 3000 HP and be unstoppable. Maybe we can have it so a persons HP degrades with every attack.

Example: Player A has 1000 HP. Player B has 1000 HP. Player A attacks Player B and does 500 damage before dying, now Player B's HP is left at 500 until the next attacker comes along.

Player C attacks Player B and does 400 damage, now Player B has 100 HP left. Ect.

This would actually make it kind of interesting for clans that are at war because they could send all their members to their death but actually acheive something by doing it. (assuming the other clan has stronger players) <.<
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

slottedspoon

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 05:43:30 AM »

Quote from: Shukaku

I agree.  If one temp stat is reduced to "normal" for your current DK level, then ALL should be reduced as well.  In this case, only stat increases that were gained by DK points would count in a PvP battle.

Or, implement the idea of whatever HP you logged out with is the HP you have when someone chooses to attack you.

I really like the second option, but if it was decided to limit temp HP then I am in favor of limiting other temp stat increases as well.

LeafToad

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 07:25:42 AM »

So remove all the weapons and attack and defense? Why not just call it a pillow fight? Really, Baluski was just saying HP, not going overboard with attack, defense and weapons.

And last time I checked, you can't get 1000+ temp(I didn't even know that was possible for HP) on attack and defense ... or a weapon for that matter in the amount of time it would take you to get it on HP.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:26:29 AM by LeafToad »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.