Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: KG Claims  (Read 11925 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: KG Claims
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 05:38:54 AM »

I can see incorporating both to an extent. I mean, when I gained my Second Uchiha reset I didn't claim the MS. Instead I let that determine that I could finally get it in rp. So I used to forest to level to that point in the game, then I roleplayed throwing my brother off a mountain. Also when I reached six resets of Sage, I finally roleplayed mastering my Sage Transformation by traveling to Ryūchi Cave and sealing my emotions.

So in a sense I use both. The resets represent my character finally being ready for a new power, then I got out and roleplay getting it.

You threw your own brother off a mountain?  :o Seems  a little like underkill if you ask me. ;)

...I have a story; every cookie-cutter OP account that runs around might have a story, and it might be 'unique', but in the end... they are just like everybody else, and they let it go to their head. I've fought a few of these cookie-cutter nin; half of them don't even know how to use the English language to portray a simple thought.

There are more issues on SL than just the resets, but.. the way resets and RP interact currently is a problem, in my opinion.

Excuse the length of this reply. :)

The length of the reply is fine; we are on a forum after all, though I am not gonna quote the whole thing in my post for the sake of space, but you know what you wrote (of if you forgot, well, it is still there...).

While I'm not sure where the term "Mega-Gaming" came from, I'm sure you have also noticed this trend somewhat in the series. The most powerful characters in the series have direct links to either Senju or Uchiha ancestry, or use techniques/abilities mastered by either of the two clans, or both for that matter.

Madara, all of the Hokage except Hiruzen (he uses shadow clone tech, but come on, Tobirama being credited with that tech was a low blow anyways), all three of the Sannin (sage mode prominently with Jiraiya and Orochimaru), Nagato, Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, and even Kabuto fit into that. I don't think I missed any, but all of these characters all have direct links to the Uchiha-Senju, who in the naruverse are completely associated with Konoha (no coincidence that most if not all of these also have ties to Konoha).

In that sense, SL following that trend feels a little less like a surprise, though while the series has plenty of cannon fodder to fire off, SL doesn't, and so variety kind of declined as the powerful ones began getting into a very narrow spectrum.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:39:56 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:42 AM »

I suppose so Isa, but I fall into the category that believes getting rid of reset based rp will solve nothing. People will do the same thing, just not need resets to claim all those powers.

Neither system works perfectly.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 05:47:29 AM »

I suppose so Isa, but I fall into the category that believes getting rid of reset based rp will solve nothing. People will do the same thing, just not need resets to claim all those powers.

The system I propose is one of middle ground, Trev. One with this abstract term that SL has seemed to lose recently called 'sense.'

And Eric, I do not know how to quote multiple people. I'm not good with forums. <<;
So, I'll just address what you said.

Mega-Gaming is my own term for what has happened on SL, Konoha especially. As I said; I cannot distinguish between ninja on SL anymore to a great degree. You can cite as many canon examples as you like; for every example you name, I will name 25 counterexamples.

What we have on SL as a "rule" is what is the "exception" of the canon. That is a problem.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »

The system I propose is one of middle ground, Trev. One with this abstract term that SL has seemed to lose recently called 'sense.'

And Eric, I do not know how to quote multiple people. I'm not good with forums. <<;
So, I'll just address what you said.

Mega-Gaming is my own term for what has happened on SL, Konoha especially. As I said; I cannot distinguish between ninja on SL anymore to a great degree. You can cite as many canon examples as you like; for every example you name, I will name 25 counterexamples.

What we have on SL as a "rule" is what is the "exception" of the canon. That is a problem.

How many of those counterexamples are considered powerful? My guess is that you will only get 25 at best. :P

I understand your point though, as most characters do follow the same general flow, with the same general powers. However, with the presence of those powers and other already mentioned factors, it is hard to see things alternatively, where there is a large amount of variety.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:58:11 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »

What I did was kind of middle ground. I got the resets and then roleplayed the power upgrade. Though I prob most certainly fall into the op section as well with two kg and one hiden.

What would you insist to be the limit of powers? People have proposed limits before....it didn't go well.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 06:13:07 AM »

How many of those counterexamples are considered powerful? My guess is that you will only get 25 at best. :P

I understand your point though, as most characters do follow the same general flow, with the same general powers. However, with the presence of those powers and other already mentioned factors, it is hard to see things alternatively, where there is a large amount of variety.

They are all considered powerful, Eric. I'd like to see you do any of the things my counterexamples could do.

The examples you provide are OP. That is the difference.

And it really isn't difficult to imagine a world with some variety; we used to have it. It used to be a thing. If people were to realize that we can't all be the same thing over and over, and not everyone is fit to be a Madara after a single year of steady RP, we'd have that variety very easily.

I would impose the limitations as such, quite frankly.
Of the four maximum KG resets, you may claim two total in RP and must RP the acquisition of one of them. i.e. You are born a Kaguya, and must RP the acquisition of the Sharingan.

The KG resets are not limited to what they are; you can be creative with them, to an extent. Variety.

This is for KG only; things that are Hiden, for example, are still fair game methinks. A person could be knowledgable of a Hiden technique and still have KG, for example.

As for the other resets you do not claim; they could be used to claim other things, like large chakra capacity, or increased hearing, all of which must be acquired through RP.

I am spitballin' here, but you see where this is going.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 06:27:51 AM »

They are all considered powerful, Eric. I'd like to see you do any of the things my counterexamples could do.

The examples you provide are OP. That is the difference.

And it really isn't difficult to imagine a world with some variety; we used to have it. It used to be a thing. If people were to realize that we can't all be the same thing over and over, and not everyone is fit to be a Madara after a single year of steady RP, we'd have that variety very easily.

I would impose the limitations as such, quite frankly.
Of the four maximum KG resets, you may claim two total in RP and must RP the acquisition of one of them. i.e. You are born a Kaguya, and must RP the acquisition of the Sharingan.

The KG resets are not limited to what they are; you can be creative with them, to an extent. Variety.

This is for KG only; things that are Hiden, for example, are still fair game methinks. A person could be knowledgable of a Hiden technique and still have KG, for example.

As for the other resets you do not claim; they could be used to claim other things, like large chakra capacity, or increased hearing, all of which must be acquired through RP.

I am spitballin' here, but you see where this is going.

The sannin (except maybe Oro) are not overpowered. in fact, the only truly overpowered shinobi in that list are current Madara, current Obito, and future Sasuke (we just know he gonna pop some circle eyes soon).

Hashirama - has one KG reset (wood release) and sage mode.

Tobirama-  has Edo tensei, hiraishin, mastery of water release, that last one not really novel in SL terms.

Hiruzen - well, he hasn't been shown too much, but from what we've seen, he's got a variety of techniques in his arsenal.

Minato - Hiraishin and (weakly) sage mode. Let's be honest, he didn't have a lot going on, though he was good at using what he had.

Tsunade - Great medic and physical strength and endurance (cut in half, still trucking), but not the overpowered threshold..

Danzo - Izangi spam annoying, but manageable in a drawn out fight.

Naruto - 9-tailed fox, sage mode... That's pretty much it in the grand scheme of things.

Orochimaru - Sage mode, hiden technique knowledge, Edo tensei

Jiraiya - Technique knowledge, sage mode

Kabuto - A conglomeration of stuff, the true KG whore of the canon universe, closest thing to OP without hitting the top brass.

Nagato - Rinnegan. That's it. No Mokuton, no sharingan, just Six Paths. Not that bad in the scheme of things.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 06:31:21 AM »

Are you failing to see my point, then?
How do 90% of SLians resemble those ninja?
They DON'T. 90% of SLians resemble Madara/Obito.

By listing out what you just did, I'm not sure how your argument doesn't fall flat on its face... <<;

EDIT: I see what you were trying to say now, I think. I'm not sure how it supports your argument, though. The ninja you listed are not exceptions to the rule; Madara/Obito are. They are 'exceptional' in that they are skilled, but they do not violate the rules of what is absurd and what is not.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:41:16 AM by Isaribi »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »

Are you failing to see my point, then?
How do 90% of SLians resemble those ninja?
They DON'T. 90% of SLians resemble Madara/Obito.

By listing out what you just did, I'm not sure how your argument doesn't fall flat on its face... <<;

You completely missed my point, that is how you are confused. :P

The most common KG resets are Senju + Uchiha = Rinnegan, or something to that sort. Then tack on whatever else looks nice.

Kabuto particularly exemplifies this, but notice that most of the people on that list either have the abilities, techniques, or strengths derived from the Senju and/or the Uchiha. It is not a coincidence. In SL, where it is possible to combine those strengths, it makes complete sense that the trend for the powerful shinobi to be linked to those traits that you would combine those traits to make an even stronger shinobi.

If you re-read my post, the point of my argument is that Senju-Uchiha ties, and/or/some derision, make the canon verse's strongest shinobi the way they are. What would Minato be without Tobirama's flying thunder god technique? Naruto would have already been dead had it not been for his Uzumakiness, not to mention eventual control of the nine-tails attained thanks to a fuinjutsu based on an Uzumaki (senju) technique.

Madara and Obito would not be a strong as they are without blending the two bloodlines; since you can do that in SL with relative ease, then taking for the example of how the powers work alone, combining them together will only make the char in question stronger right?

Kabuto, Obito, and Madara definitely proved that theory to be accurate 90% of the time. In the canon verse, if you want to compete with the big dogs, you cannot get around that Uchiha-Senju and/or/derived from concept.

*I digress, Gai is about to kick some ass, but it hasn't happened yet so for the sake of argument he'll be put into that 10% category.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:41:25 AM by Eric »

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 06:45:34 AM »

I got it, just too late it seems. xD

As I said though in the edit I made, all that information is in conflict with SL.
How it works on SL is easy; every ninja is a conglomeration of only the things that make the most powerful canon characters powerful.

I'd like to see even half of the RPers on SL play as any one of those characters. Currently, they all play as Madara.

The problem on SL is that people go for the Senju + Uchiha combo, and then they do not stop. They move to Rinnegan, they get the gates, sage mode, etc. They abuse it.

EDIT: Anyway, Eric, you've worn me out for today. I can only argue for so long a point that should be so obvious before getting such a headache as I currently have. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:57:17 AM by Isaribi »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 07:14:54 AM »

I got it, just too late it seems. xD

As I said though in the edit I made, all that information is in conflict with SL.
How it works on SL is easy; every ninja is a conglomeration of only the things that make the most powerful canon characters powerful.

I'd like to see even half of the RPers on SL play as any one of those characters. Currently, they all play as Madara.

The problem on SL is that people go for the Senju + Uchiha combo, and then they do not stop. They move to Rinnegan, they get the gates, sage mode, etc. They abuse it.

EDIT: Anyway, Eric, you've worn me out for today. I can only argue for so long a point that should be so obvious before getting such a headache as I currently have.

Welcome back to the SL forums... Just kidding. :P

The point is that people are going to use what they can to get ahead. In the series, the powerful ones had checks on their power imposed by the author of the characters. If the author so deemed it, Lee could have gotten implants and finally started using ninjutsu, or made his taijutsu an equivalent strength to whatever...

The same here. The authors of each of these characters decides what, if any, limits they are going to put on their power, usually to adapt to the situation/objective.

You cannot have a general reduction of power stacking willingly unless you try to impose it against their will, which is not going to happen because many of them (us I should say at this point and in the previous point) have earned our power through one way or another that we deem legit.

When getting stronger is the main point of the RP, then the only outcome is the one we have, where the strongest stack (relatively) and keep stacking as high as possible.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:58 AM »

In the end I guess, it's all up to the discretion of the admittedly OP to manage how many techniques of a particular bloodline limit they have, the capabilities of each, as well as the context in which they're used as well of the extent. I for one admittedly have a pretty large library of those, however I  rarely ever use them, and those that I do use tend have a tendency of being countered when I'm dealing with more than one individual.

Anyway.

There's enough chaos to be dealt with those with resets claiming to be able to drop meteors on a whim or wiping out villages at the flick of a wrist, if people were to start claiming KG's without any resets, then sure, there'll be a ton more creativity to revel in, however don't be so surprised when it comes to slap you back in the face and render our slope both slipperier and steeper than ever before.

Whether one wields a KG, reset-possessing or not, in the end it's entirely up to you to decide whether or not you'll stand by it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »

Simple soliton. Request Neji to limit us to only being able to choice one choice in game reset. No kg stacking.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »

Simple soliton. Request Neji to limit us to only being able to choice one choice in game reset. No kg stacking.

I'd vote and pay for that to happen.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 07:02:57 PM »

That's the only way to get it done. People are never gonna limit themselves. I know I claim alot but I'm the kind of person to where ill I ly use as much as the person in fighting or choice one skill and focus on it mainly. That being when I zone fight which I hardly do anymore.

But yeah the only way to get it done is for Neji to do it. Even if he made it to where only to kg could be choosen it would pay tribute.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 14 queries.