Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Workshop  (Read 25067 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Workshop
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »

Just thinking of general chakra suppression:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Suppression

If no leaking occurs, it's not that the chakra is not present, it's just that it isn't necessarily free-flowing in the host's body. Complete and utter suppression, to the point of the beast not being detectable even by the byakugan (which in SL has rarely been used to peer into and dissect seal composition) would logically require the beast's chakra and abilities to be sealed off from the user. But that includes the beast itself, which prevents it from being used in any roleplay of the jinchurikii. Doesn't that kind of defeat some purpose?

Regardless, a rule banning the complete and utter suppression of a biju's chakra should be balanced out, in that a potential hunter cannot completely suppress their chakra while hunting the host. It doesn't seem much like a balance, but depending on how the whole IC hunt decision goes, this loss of the element of surprise (in that regard, there are a few other ways to surprise as well) just means that the two can't really hide from each other.

Thoughts?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2015, 03:03:54 AM »

-->Make a Forum Account
  • Post a thread with challenge preferences, IC or OOC, and include date when 14 day grace period is over, within first post.
  • Update current activity log once every 14 days in this thread within second post.
  • Keep a challenger list in this thread within third post for OOC matches.
  • Keep a Pursuer's list in this thread within third post for RP hunts/matches.
  • Your preference rules do not exclude you from the basic rules.
  • Matches can be held on the forum, in a separate thread, but it is not required, Time outs no longer occur on SL nor do posts disappear until months after the inactivity rules have been exceeded.
  • Post any planned absences to this thread and match thread if applicable.
So 30 posts ago I asked about comments on this first set of rules concerning a forum account. If we could at least get this agreed to or amended. I got 2 replies.

While the chakra suppression discussion is of interest, it might be better to have that in the thread about IC hunts that Bocc made and get back to business?

This section is not even all that controversial really...yeah or nay!

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »

-->Make a Forum Account
  • Post a thread with challenge preferences, IC or OOC, and include date when 14 day grace period is over, within first post.
  • Update current activity log once every 14 days in this thread within second post.
  • Matches can be held on the forum, in a separate thread, but it is not required, Time outs no longer occur on SL nor do posts disappear until months after the inactivity rules have been exceeded.
So 30 posts ago I asked about comments on this first set of rules concerning a forum account. If we could at least get this agreed to or amended. I got 2 replies.

While the chakra suppression discussion is of interest, it might be better to have that in the thread about IC hunts that Bocc made and get back to business?

Yay
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2015, 02:19:19 AM »

Well I guess no one has any more comments to make so these are the new rules now. Yay.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »

-->Make a Forum Account

Okay, let's move on and assume this is accepted.

My only question is about the 'updating of the current activity log'.
I assume there are to just mention date, time, village/location of their last RP right? I don't want to read a summary. Besides if someone is serious about 'hunting' a bijuu, they should read the RP themselves to see what it is about. Also, I don't want this log to be long either so keep it within 6 lines, latest info on first (or last?) line.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2015, 08:02:27 PM »

-->Make a Forum Account

Okay, let's move on and assume this is accepted.

My only question is about the 'updating of the current activity log'.
I assume there are to just mention date, time, village/location of their last RP right? I don't want to read a summary. Besides if someone is serious about 'hunting' a bijuu, they should read the RP themselves to see what it is about. Also, I don't want this log to be long either so keep it within 6 lines, latest info on first (or last?) line.

I assume it would be an incredibly breif summery. Such an example being: Rusaku was seen in konoha consoling fellow shinobi after the loss of the beloved Krik.

And that would be the end of it. Followed by a date and approximate time for people to cross reference. Indeed if a hunter wishes to learn more about the situation, they will go do the research themselves. While I don't think we should hold their hand through it all, we need to give some information on what is going on in our lives to point them in the right direction. Maybe? I don't know.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »

I assume it would be an incredibly breif summery. Such an example being: Rusaku was seen in konoha consoling fellow shinobi after the loss of the beloved Krik.

And that would be the end of it. Followed by a date and approximate time for people to cross reference. Indeed if a hunter wishes to learn more about the situation, they will go do the research themselves. While I don't think we should hold their hand through it all, we need to give some information on what is going on in our lives to point them in the right direction. Maybe? I don't know.

I like that. A one-sentence summary stating the 5W's of the situation.
Who - Rusaku
What - Consoling fellow shinobi
Where - Konoha
When - (the mention of RL date/time in log would cover that)
Why - the loss of the beloved Kirk

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »

With the tag line of activity...I was thinking this proves they are active. You look at it and BHAM. Date, place, event. Nothing to argue about. Since the activity rec is 14 days, you would not have to post everything, just the min to prove you are meeting your obligations as per the rule. Each host would be replying to their own thread as a host. SO having multiple entries/edits to the reply in their own post would not be a problem as long as text limit was not exceeded. But then I like history so having all it there is cool to me. But seriously...only one needs to be listed to show that within the last 14 days they did rp somewhere. It might be nice to have more entries just to see which hosts are the most active, or the type of things people are getting up to. But that is all fluff and outside what would be required.

• 10-1-15: Konoha: splashed paint on a fur wearing aristocrat
  • 10-14-15: Kiri: broke a window with a rock.
  • 10-21-15: Suna: Stood in awe of the beauty all around.
  • 10-28-15: Suna: Fell in love with the place. Bought a house.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:23:24 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 09:22:28 PM »

So...in the spirit of moving along, I put up the activity rules in the first post and would now like for us to discuss Challenger responsibilities.

If there is some objections to this, then we can go back and discuss the activity rules again until that objection is settled before moving on....at any time.

So...what are the responsibilities of the challenger? Any ideas on this?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:12 PM »

So...in the spirit of moving along, I put up the activity rules in the first post and would now like for us to discuss Challenger responsibilities.

If there is some objections to this, then we can go back and discuss the activity rules again until that objection is settled before moving on....at any time.

So...what are the responsibilities of the challenger? Any ideas on this?

So! Let's talk about characters that are OP.

If you have not seen the newest movie, Boruto: Naruto the movie, then I suggest you do so, or at least look up some clips of it so you have a bit of source material for what I am going to be talking about.

This movie really puts into perspective how very DBZ this show has become. At one point, there is a massive chakra beast fight that rivals the size of a gundam battle with Naruto skins slapped onto it.

In the Last Toneri is able to cut the moon clean in half with a single technique. That is a mind boggling feat to say the least.

Like it or not, the Naruto-verse has evolved to a much grander scale than one could ever imagine when compared to Part one Naruto. While I am not so quick to say the old school players need to evolve, but you cannot deny that the world around you has grown to great heights.

Of course with these amazing advancements, the people who play SL will be quick to use all of the new material to the best of their creative ability, and we cannot fault them for that. At the same time, we cannot go about placing limits on what they can create unless they obviously break rules or regulations in doing it.

Going to the situation with Yujo, it is very obvious he has a firm grasp on how to be a ninja considering his numerous acts of deception in order to achieve his goal, but at the same time Naruto is no longer about being a ninja. It's a Dragon ball Z imitation with massive explosions and flying beings that can have inter-dimensional space battles and destroy planetary bodies with a single technique. 

To ask someone who has created their character around these things is literally asking them to fight with both hands tied behind their back with a blindfold on. While I have no doubt he could do the fight, it's about the principal of the thing.

It was known from the start that the preference list for fights was not set in stone. I could have put in my list that all of my fights will be in the most beneficial zone to me with a number of traps already set for whomever braves my land. A challenger is under no obligation to accept those conditions, instead it is a suggestion that will allow the fight to go more smoothly OOC. Eiko's request for an all taijutsu battle is paramount to asking for a handicap in my eyes and by no means do we have to abide by that.

Now, when talking about people who are OP only being the ones who have beasts, I am at a loss. Of course I think your skill should reflect if you have a beast or not, and if your not skilled enough to take on whomever has the beast before you, then I am sorry. Though there is the trend of only powerful people having the beasts. Well, I attribute that with: "Those are the people who were strong enough to defeat their predecessor."

Just because you actively limit your character, once again does not mean other must do the same. I think that if you have intentions of collecting a tailed beast, then you must prepare to fight the crem dela crem, and if you can't quite fit the bill, then you were not ready for that responsibility.

I am sure there is more that I could say in this regard, but I want to know what your thoughts are so far so I can get a different perspective.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:43 AM »

I would not call Yujo crem de la crem.

His failure to post in the zones with Kite and Kirk that the ice crystals were polluted with his chakra, considering that Kite had his byakugan active, was a HUGE oversight. When it was pointed out, he apparently refused to give on the point because...guess what? Kirk is dead now and Kite injured from being what is an auto-hit due to the failure to provide that crucial information. This was NOT a situation where he was employing a ruse. This was a lack of detail that Kite would have detected given his currently activated powers in the zone. And then just like magic bunshin, the ice crystals in the air are a deadly attack that slays Kirk. DO I believe that Yujo made it up that his ice crystals were going to be an attack? No, I believe he legitimately was setting it up that way in order to get the upper hand. And that is a wonderful ninja thing to do. However, it was not good RP because it denied the active power of the Hokage to perceive the threat until it was too late to react in a manner he would have done, had he known of the threat. And rather than cause a fuss with Yujo to the point of their being bad blood? Kirk takes the death in the end after some vacillation. Totally his choice.

merely one instance.

In my last battle with Yujo, his continued failure to react to the moves Shima was making enabled me to make an autohit upon him. To which he vehemently objected as a god mod move. Even though I had to point out to him after every post he made how he had failed to react to this move of mine or that move of mine. And they were not hidden, secretive moves, but quite obvious attacks. His failure to give credence to her actions as significant in any way was quite abominable.

merely another instance. And there are more...

His RP has improved tremendously since then. And I am quite proud of the improvements he has made over the years in the detail he does provide. And yet, when he makes a mistake...well...he insists that it is not one and to the death of a character? I am sorry , but no. Were he prone to permit reposts or compromise in any way, then it would be a different story. Given the history of RP Yujo presents, I can not fault Eiko in her wish to just cut out the BS and get down to a taijutsu match. IF he is crem de la cream, then it will show in a pure hand to hand match. And if he is not? well that will be glaringly obvious.

Was this to be a discussion on Yujo? Or about challenger responsibilities?

As to OPness in general. I will have to think on what my opinion truly is. I have seen the movie. I am all caught up on the manga. I have not finished the anime though. One day...

But I must go to work in 15 mins for a night shift.

I do not make my comments in response to Yujo's RP style for the sake of venting bile. And I can't stress that enough. It is important that it is established there are legit concerns on both sides of the issue here though. And perhaps it is not the OPness that is the problem, but the more basic rules of rp.

If a crucial detail is left out, you just have to back off and admit it rather than insist you are right clear to the point of character death or just saying...well I am taking your life...you can pretend to live, or I now have your bijuu and you can pretend to still have it but we all know different. and the people I RP with will do things as though it went my way and the people who RP with you can just continue to be deluded and do things as though you were correct.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2015, 02:29:43 AM »

No real comment on OPness because ultimately people who want to do something will do so regardless of what you tell them.

As for Yujo/Eiko thing, only one thing I've already said couple of times in the past.

Why bother giving preferences at all, if a challenger can just throw them out the window with no questions asked.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:19 AM »

You say your response is not to spit bile, but in fact the entire post simply oozed it.

I was not posting here to have a conversation about Yujo. I was here to discuss matters on if being OP is a bad thing for a host, or if it's a good thing. If you wish to talk to him about it, I am sure he is easy enough to contact. Though like you pointed out, it matters not how you see the RP considering Kirk is now dead and kite injured. GG?

If anyone has anything, ya know, relevant or perhaps even helpful to post on this particular subject, please do so.

As for the reason of even having preferences? I honestly could not tell you truth be told. I used it to let those know what techniques were void, and rules for the battle such as posting times and all the jazz. It never had any limiters such as voiding all chakra, because that is absolute nonsense when applied to an official biju match. The point of a match is the fight a host and their beast, not some nerf of that character. At least that is how i see it.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:15 AM »

Thing is though, and I'm not trying to be an ass here, by your logic even your voids don't matter, if a challenger said no I don't agree to that then you as the defender would have to oblige and accept they can use those things.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2015, 03:41:32 AM »

Thing is though, and I'm not trying to be an ass here, by your logic even your voids don't matter, if a challenger said no I don't agree to that then you as the defender would have to oblige and accept they can use those things.

And that's when you discuss things with them, and if that does not work you can take it to the forum. Sometimes discussing things with people can actually work :o I have seen it happen, however rare it may be.

Though there is a significant distinction between voiding a select few god mod techniques, and wanting to nerf someones entire character down to a shell of it's former self.

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.