Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Completely Split the Bijuu List.  (Read 10121 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Completely Split the Bijuu List.
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »

Or in this case we need to split deeper.

Some people are saying that there are no bijuu rules and so they can be on the list and never defend the bijuu. Now rather than argue about that I think we should just say, sure, there are no rules, do whatever you want.

Since the bijuu were voided there is no need to have an "official" bijuu list. We should have 2 lists instead. We can have a "Competitive rp" list for the people who want to do the bijuu challenges and such and the "Casual rp" list for the people who do not want to.

Literally have 18 Jinchuriki. I suppose they could decide if they ever want to acknowledge each other.

Competitive would use the same rules we have now and/or the ones we might eventually make. I don't know if the Casual one would even need rules.

We've got two hosts for 3 of the bijuu already so I say let's just cut out the middle man and go all the way.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Completely Split the Bijuu List.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:56:23 AM »

Ouch, this may be heading down a confusing path that even my own insanity may not be able to comprehend to say the least.

Although, to work with ya here I do have a thought that could work in relation to 'splitting the beasts' And that would be Yin/Yang parts of the beast as shown by Minato in his attempt to seal the Kurama into Naruto. I'm not entirely sure but does this mean that the whole time Naruto held the Kurama, only half the beast was truly in Naruto? I have no idea but in relation to that, Minato and Naruto were both able to perform their own tailed beasty mode thing so It could work. The specialty cases we have now can be put aside but for the future, should a host truly wish to split the nature of yin and yang tailed beast chakras I guess they can and have two hosts of the same beasts only on a lesser scale. The most epic tag team duo, given that in most cases the split would happen due to opposite heads so those who work in unison with their counterpart may be indestructible! Of course, someone will complain about something and something again. I mean hell, the thought of having more than one of the same jinchuriki is quite bizarre already though....

I honestly think the 3 cases that have already split should literally fight for the other half. >>; <<; >>; Squash the beefs and move on. I mean isn't that the point of holding a beast, to fight for it? I dunno I always thought of the beasts as title belts and kurama being the wwe championship belt xD More of like a pride thing if anything, because some of these ninjas know how to be a biju without having a biju.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:07:11 AM by Keito Uzumaki »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:44:48 AM »

Does this mean the ones who fight for the beasts are not going to be able to use them in casual RP? Kinda like how Katenta was  suggesting a split between OOC and IC?

What if a  filthy casual dies and the beast is taken by a someone who is a competitive role player? Does he have two now or does the other beast become null or sent back into the folds of casuals?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:21 AM »

You can use your bijuu in whatever rp you want this is just to solve the issues that keep popping up regarding challenges. Like I said it would be up to the hosts if they want to acknowledge the other set of hosts.

Since the casual people can ignore whoever they want and never fight for their beast then they should basically never lose it. Unless they actually have an rp reason to lose the beast or give it up, which is what they're using it for.

I think I want to say you can't hold bijuu on both lists though, just one or the other.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:52:13 AM »

Amusingly this is the most common question I get from like...everybody.

"Why don't they just get their own bijuu list to fight over?"

Because as Bocchi put it, the 'competitive' people don't really care for much else beast-wise than...well, competing over them, while the 'casuals' care about all the rest.

As for one being killed off by the other, I'd assume the beasts either returned to whatever village the person was from or set free for other casuals to try get. I don't really see the dilemma because by all logic the 'competitive' person wouldn't acknowledge the 'casual' has a beast to begin with, and vice versa.

Or then just like Bocchi said, again, why would that fight between two sides ever happen anyways lol.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:06:18 AM »

Amusingly this is the most common question I get from like...everybody.

"Why don't they just get their own bijuu list to fight over?"

Because as Bocchi put it, the 'competitive' people don't really care for much else beast-wise than...well, competing over them, while the 'casuals' care about all the rest.

As for one being killed off by the other, I'd assume the beasts either returned to whatever village the person was from or set free for other casuals to try get. I don't really see the dilemma because by all logic the 'competitive' person wouldn't acknowledge the 'casual' has a beast to begin with, and vice versa.

Or then just like Bocchi said, again, why would that fight between two sides ever happen anyways lol.

That is completely untrue. I have had this exact conversation with many of the competitive jincks already, and the consensus is that we care to compete for the beasts so that we are granted the RP that comes with having a beast.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 03:12:18 AM »

My point being said RP typically is little else than either fighting over more beasts, or using them as a yet another power boost to fight/destroy for some other reason. You yourself for example, I've literally seen do nothing else for the longest time except go around trying to hunt more beasts, or trying to kill and seal various people.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:52:24 AM »

My point being said RP typically is little else than either fighting over more beasts, or using them as a yet another power boost to fight/destroy for some other reason. You yourself for example, I've literally seen do nothing else for the longest time except go around trying to hunt more beasts, or trying to kill and seal various people.

Ok thread is not to judge other people's rp.

Really just want to see if people see this as a viable idea.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 04:05:33 AM »

And I said apparently many do and are wondering why hasn't it been done already.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 05:08:11 AM »

Roleplay oriented group could be based on actual events and people seeking out those that hold the beasts. But, with this idea of having the beast and being beaten would usually result in death. But, it gives a realism and life of those from Naruto who had to deal with this.

Non-roleplay/combative group could continue on the way they are. Most people want the beasts for the powers. It's like a trophy that they can use in battle without the threat of having their 'living' character dying from the resulting extraction/death from losing a battle.

Am I getting this right?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 05:20:16 AM »

Roleplay oriented group could be based on actual events and people seeking out those that hold the beasts. But, with this idea of having the beast and being beaten would usually result in death. But, it gives a realism and life of those from Naruto who had to deal with this.

Non-roleplay/combative group could continue on the way they are. Most people want the beasts for the powers. It's like a trophy that they can use in battle without the threat of having their 'living' character dying from the resulting extraction/death from losing a battle.

Am I getting this right?

Basically yes. You can always have IC bijuu challenges where people can die though, some people choose to do that.

I guess the simplest way to put it is that the competitive group will follow a set of bijuu rules and the casual group likely will not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:37:16 AM by Bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »

Why do the "casuals" need a list?  :o I may be misunderstanding here, but they are an extreme of their own sort that doesn't give a whole lot to rigidity and formality regarding the beasts. So why even have a list among the "casuals"?

Other than that and the naming of the two lists, that's about all I got to input right now.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »

I suppose Casual is subjective?

The term could be applied to either group. I would prefer something more reflective of the schism.

*self edits*

The Hunted and The Challenged

*fails at self editing*

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 08:01:20 AM »

:roll:

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »

Why do the "casuals" need a list?  :o I may be misunderstanding here, but they are an extreme of their own sort that doesn't give a whole lot to rigidity and formality regarding the beasts. So why even have a list among the "casuals"?

Other than that and the naming of the two lists, that's about all I got to input right now.

The idea is that they are still claiming to have a beast but do not want to be part of the fighting. So separate them from the people who do to prevent the clashing that has been going on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.