Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Completely Split the Bijuu List.  (Read 9891 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Completely Split the Bijuu List.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:40 PM »

No. I was just questioning the points of legit and non-legit in the hunts that were attempted.

The current ignoring of Bocc and you in Kiri...I see that is an obvious, "I have had enough and am getting on with my life please just leave me alone because I am tired of going through what no doubt will be another metagaming nightmare"

I assume that is the general feeling at this point and the level of frustration concerning things and hence the no reply to your presence.

Because as I recall, the Masane thing was using her powers wrong, metagaming and so forth. The objections to her doing these things were obscured by much fowl mouthery on Masane's part and general band wagon slurring of Kiri by others. Now all that is talked about is how terrible Kiri is when the issues, the objections they made were just shot down as so much BS they should swallow simply by virtue of being a host.

So...in the bijuu workshop I would now like us to discuss what are the responsibilities of a challenger.

Perhaps we can make some rules to moderate challenger behavior a bit here too?

Because, the problem is not one sided. It has been handled less than gloriously at both ends.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »

And now this is just me, as with my previous assumption stated above concerning the lack of a Kiri response...

But:

WE do seem to have a huge issue with OP characters. When you have two schools of thought about how fast a character should grow, how many stacks of powers one can have, and these type of fundamental differences in character builds...

well, what do we do about that? Are only OP characters going to be the hosts from now on? Will those who follow a more traditional build be forever excluded from hosting? And how do we deal with the obvious schism between these two schools of thought when one from each end meet in a bijuu match?

I think the suggestion of a Taijutsu match is amenable in this circumstance and a viable solution. Otherwise? Well...only OP character will ever be hosts so anyone who is a bit stricter in the character builds will forever be denied this aspect of SL's role play. Some may say, well so what? they need to step into the new generation. While others may say, No, the OP people need to scale it back and get real.

This truly speaks to the heart of some of these issues and a compromise in such situations, so that each person can RP the way they see fit, is possible here.

IT's not about skewing the fight so one person wins over the other. As ninja, we all should be quite skilled in the basic taijutsu involved. I do not see how this would handicap Yujo at all, to tell you the truth. He is a ninja too, afterall.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 09:50:58 PM »

No. I was just questioning the points of legit and non-legit in the hunts that were attempted.

The current ignoring of Bocc and you in Kiri...I see that is an obvious, "I have had enough and am getting on with my life please just leave me alone because I am tired of going through what no doubt will be another metagaming nightmare"

I assume that is the general feeling at this point and the level of frustration concerning things and hence the no reply to your presence.

Because as I recall, the Masane thing was using her powers wrong, metagaming and so forth. The objections to her doing these things were obscured by much fowl mouthery on Masane's part and general band wagon slurring of Kiri by others. Now all that is talked about is how terrible Kiri is when the issues, the objections they made were just shot down as so much BS they should swallow simply by virtue of being a host.

So...in the bijuu workshop I would now like us to discuss what are the responsibilities of a challenger.

Perhaps we can make some rules to moderate challenger behavior a bit here too?

Because, the problem is not one sided. It has been handled less than gloriously at both ends.

Yes, Masane has a temper. Everyone and their mother has told her to cool off and come back with a clear mind yet it never worked. Though the meta gaming was a false claim seeing as a small detail that held no affect on the overall outcome of the RP was blown out of proportion in order to void the RP. That was the exact reason the RP was done Over. And Over. And over again, but to no avail. You are so ready to point out that people need to RP more in order to attain things, yet have no objections when others make it impossible to do those RP's.

Yes, it seems rather popular to bash Kiri right now, but there is no smoke without fire, love. If they were to actually work with the people who had the issues opposed to being toxic, or simply ignoring the problem, then maybe people would not be so ready to slander them. So who threw the first stone? Kiri and their inability to handle their issues properly, or the "Haters" who find every reason to tear them apart?   

Despite this, they cannot simply ignore two valid Rpers who are knocking on their front door just because they don't want to deal with what is to come. It's actions like this that cause the topics to arise that will lead to the inevitable bashing of one side or the other.

As for the Biju workshop, I formally request that you post there instead of here. This topic is to discuss perhaps splitting the list of beasts. Though I will admit that I am guilty of delineating from the topic at hand, thus I will be moving there as well. Though I would like to discuss your concern about OP characters while there.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

cool

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »

What I see is confusing really.

Eiko and Gitsune...

Why can't someone just RP the hunt like they want? You have no problem with going that route for Warren.

They want legit RP. Not metagaming. Is the problem those two women, really?
Last I knew Eiko gave Yujo his fight, but he refused it because she wanted to just have both of them engage in Taijutsu to decide who gets the beast. HE didn't want to fight her without chakra even though she too would be without chakra. Now, I don't know what the final word was from him after she responded to him again.

But seriously, let me say it one more time.

You are ok with Warren meeting people through legit hunts, why not the girls?

So Kay, are you saying it's fair for Gitsune to 'lock' the bijuu within herself, making it undetectable by usual means, fair? I mean, she can't use bijuu's chakra or powers so....why does she even have a bijuu in the first place? There's no RP promotion in this. >.>

As far as I can tell, Gitsune is not helping either. Are not the jinchuuriki suppose to give us 'clues' to locating them? When two sides don't help each other, these threads are formed. >.>

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:41 PM »

I also told Kiri that if they have issue with what rusaku claimed to do to try and find the jinchuriki then they can accept that we both just came to Kiri assuming they probably have at least one beast and if not we can just beat up the swordsman. That's what bocch thinks.

I am still discussing things with eiko but yeah we have been ignored by gitsune thus far.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »

There's a good chance that these list of 'casuals' won't contribute anything to RP.

I don't think you realize you just took a dump on a great majority of the site's population. Just saying.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 12:49:02 AM »

There's a good chance that these list of 'casuals' won't contribute anything to RP.

I don't think you realize you just took a dump on a great majority of the site's population. Just saying.

We are called the forum elites for a reason. We think we are better than the majority of the other players, and are the only ones who contribute. :D
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:37 AM »

Or in this case we need to split deeper.

Some people are saying that there are no bijuu rules and so they can be on the list and never defend the bijuu. Now rather than argue about that I think we should just say, sure, there are no rules, do whatever you want.

Since the bijuu were voided there is no need to have an "official" bijuu list. We should have 2 lists instead. We can have a "Competitive rp" list for the people who want to do the bijuu challenges and such and the "Casual rp" list for the people who do not want to.

Literally have 18 Jinchuriki. I suppose they could decide if they ever want to acknowledge each other.

Competitive would use the same rules we have now and/or the ones we might eventually make. I don't know if the Casual one would even need rules.

We've got two hosts for 3 of the bijuu already so I say let's just cut out the middle man and go all the way.

We can bank on the fact yin and yang versions exist and we can label yin as competitive and yang as the other (or whatever, I don't care which is which).

Edit: I did not notice there were 3 pages of this ish. Gonna read through it soon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:19:08 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 05:12:54 AM »

We are called the forum elites for a reason. We think we are better than the majority of the other players, and are the only ones who contribute. :D

We do? I don't have the same mindset and I'm sure not everyone else on the forum does either.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 05:31:27 AM »

Yeah, these are definitely the kind of people I wanna RP with. Or, you know, talk to. Or, you know, work with. Or even read about.

If that's how you feel though all the more power to making a separate list just for yall. Just because people don't contribute to your RP doesn't mean that they don't contribute at all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 05:33:48 AM »

So did you already have the MLP gif on hand? For what exactly? Did you search that just now? What did you google to find that? What made you think that a MLP gif was the best way to get a point across? I have many questions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 05:42:00 AM »

So did you already have the MLP gif on hand? For what exactly? Did you search that just now? What did you google to find that? What made you think that a MLP gif was the best way to get a point across? I have many questions.

I actually did, since the season finale was this past weekend. The villain had been going after the main char for a long time, and then we come to find out that her reasoning for it was kind of... weak.

Tangent aside, what is the point of shooting lazers and daggars if they not only don't hit their mark, but outright do more harm than good? Kiri doesn't want to RP with people who go after them in a certain fashion at this point. They got a list and don't need to check it twice because the same people are constantly hounding at the their hosts, and at them in general.

There are exceptions, as there are always are. But really? What reason have they been given to actually cooperate? 'cause rule of law stopped being a reason to cooperate about a month and a half ago.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 06:01:24 AM »

I actually did, since the season finale was this past weekend. The villain had been going after the main char for a long time, and then we come to find out that her reasoning for it was kind of... weak.

Tangent aside, what is the point of shooting lazers and daggars if they not only don't hit their mark, but outright do more harm than good? Kiri doesn't want to RP with people who go after them in a certain fashion at this point. They got a list and don't need to check it twice because the same people are constantly hounding at the their hosts, and at them in general.

There are exceptions, as there are always are. But really? What reason have they been given to actually cooperate? 'cause rule of law stopped being a reason to cooperate about a month and a half ago.

I don't really accept that as an excuse at all. There was a vote and the winner was "Void the Bijuu". Meaning that no one had to acknowledge bijuu in rp anymore.

Enter people still claiming bijuu. Ok, so attempts are made to redo the rules for the people who still want to rp with the bijuu. In the mean time some people have decided and made it plainly clear that there currently are no bijuu rules and they can do whatever they please. Not only that but some of them have made 0 effort to help create new rules making in plainly clear they plan to coast on never having to defend their bijuu for as long as humanly possible.

Xia has openly said, "There are no bijuu rules so we don't have to do anything anyway." That was not the option that won the vote though. They're just taking advantage of the situation.

You could say that they have every right to claim the bijuu and not follow any rules since that was one of the options that did not win and we are merely following the other option that did not win. OH WAIT THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT *mind blown*

If people want to claim the bijuu and claim there are no bijuu rules then they will never ever get along with the people who are trying to make new rules and enforce the current ones in the meantime. So we should split the lists. I find it preposterous that hosts can openly say they will not follow any rules and yet remain on the list.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 06:08:58 AM »

I think we're exaggerating casuals a bit too much here. And there's really what seems to be three levels here instead of two: enthusiasts, casuals and basics.

The enthusiasts invest more time and effort in what they do in a variety of ways. The lore is deeply known by them, and can easily be referenced by them off-hand. They take RP matters and order more seriously.

Casuals tend know enough of the lore to establish their characters to fit into the village system and RP system we go by. If they need help though, they tend to ask enthusiasts on a few matters here and there.

Basics are just that. They know what RP is, but usually like to be quick and short about it. Some even go their own way, and establish themselves as someone just as ancient and powerful as Hagoromo, sometimes even more powerful just because they have the liberty to do so with text.

Back to the topic on-hand, I don't think creating a whole separate list would play out very well. Maybe if a Tailed Beast is literally split in RP into Yin and Yang halves, that would be a different story. But even that would still be something noted on the current list.

Anybody could say they're the Sage of Six Paths or Kaguya Otsutsuki herself. Or perhaps of immediate family to some canon character, even if there's already someone playing with mentioned canon character and has never interacted with that player. Or even mention an event or canon character's actions in the series, but one that never occurred in SL's history itself. Maybe they happen to be of high rank or authority in a certain village, while never interacting with said village's members or kage.

Point is, casuals aren't the problem here. Basics aren't really causing a problem either in this situation, as both enthusiasts and casuals usually see their claims to not be in line with the mainstream RP. A Tailed Beast is certainly a responsibility that not everyone can handle, and is usually in the hands of someone who is not only active, but also a cut above the rest in RP in general. Not everyone will end up as equals in terms of position and power. There has and always will be less people at the top. Though the bottom isn't an area where people are starving and dying in terms of RP. (Maybe if you want to write your character like that for the sake of RP, it's still your choice to have them go through that.)

I do think everyone can get to resolving things, though not everyone really wants to in the same way. But that's always been a core mechanic of conflict.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 14 queries.