Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Limiting Attack and defense gained.  (Read 11246 times)

Sacrifar

Re: Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 06:48:18 AM »

No ! Don't listen to them !!

Neji,they are evil  :twisted:

We should make it 3 instead of 2 .. :twisted: :twisted:

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »

An evil event that only happens to level 15 guys?

sure, I think that's a good explanation for it, and why not. staying at level 15 might be too easy.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »

sure, I think that's a good explanation for it, and why not. staying at level 15 might be too easy.

lol, you just realized that now? you really are evil  :evil:
I'm back to SL !

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »

Not just level 15, but level 15 for a certain amount of days -OR- when exp = > 2 x lvl 15 exp (twice the exp it takes to be level 15).

It would suck to have just turned level 15 and then try to finish your turns before a DK and getting that event, whatever it may be.

LeafToad

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 01:47:45 AM »

Not just level 15, but level 15 for a certain amount of days -OR- when exp = > 2 x lvl 15 exp (twice the exp it takes to be level 15).

It would suck to have just turned level 15 and then try to finish your turns before a DK and getting that event, whatever it may be.

Or maybe it could just be days. Many people do get to level 15 for other purposes other than gaining attack and defense... but I suppose sacrifices must be made.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 02:32:06 AM »

Or maybe it could just be days. Many people do get to level 15 for other purposes other than gaining attack and defense... but I suppose sacrifices must be made.

exp would be better.... you know how each level has a different amount of exp needed for levels? how bout if you reach 30,000 more than that amount (30,000 after the exp bar turns blue at lvl 15) then the event happens. that way the people who stay at lvl 15 to get something but not stay can have a chance to do what they want before getting a dk....

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »

The more DK you have, the more exp you need in order to reach level 15.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 04:22:25 AM »

you know how each level has a different amount of exp needed for levels?

Obviously, he's aware of that Gyu. Unless you can't read.

I get what you're saying though, Shikki.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Samantha

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 07:07:30 AM »

So it would be more of a experience ceiling.  By passing the ceiling mark the special event is triggered and your possibility of running into the event begins.  Although, I'm for the attack and defense ceiling, an experience ceiling might be a reasonable middle ground for those for and opposed to limiting attack and defense.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »

I misunderstood the sentance so? Is there a need for a mod to be so rude?

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »

I misunderstood the sentance so? Is there a need for a mod to be so rude?

I'm sure mostly everybody else thought it was slightly humourous. And I like to please the public so... =]
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 10:05:18 PM »

So it would be more of a experience ceiling.  By passing the ceiling mark the special event is triggered and your possibility of running into the event begins.  Although, I'm for the attack and defense ceiling, an experience ceiling might be a reasonable middle ground for those for and opposed to limiting attack and defense.

Please don't limit the attack and defense. I have my reasons  :roll: but it will ruin the game for most. You shouldn't care if they sit at lvl 15. It is really easy to avoid them, never log out at lvl 14 or 15. It is easy to avoid anyone if you wanted ;) Even if they kill you in pvp, does that really matter? Does that hurt your ego that much? Or is it just illogical for someone with 8 dks killing someone with 150? Gyururu has been playing for a long time. If she was killing orochimaru, I'm pretty sure she'd be that strong. It's just that she can attack 3 dks and up. But I don't like the fact that she can go to hoshi when she only has 8 dks and it looks like she is trying for CS2 :( I didn't see the CS2 event until sannin. She chose to sit at 8 dks and doesn't deserve those things  :P That is what I have to say about Gyururu...
Limiting by experience is not a good idea. They'll just have suicide to lose experience. The experience triggered event would only affect Gyururu since she wouldn't want to lose all that experience.

Samantha

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 01:38:34 AM »

I don't think anyone's ego is being damaged by getting killed by anyone staying at level 15.  However in your own words you say that it is illogical to have a person with less than 10 DKs kill a person with over 120 DKs.  For some reason when this topic comes up, a few number of people seems to think that everything is being directed specifically toward Gyururu's account.  The purpose of it is not to go after one player, the purpose is to better the game, yes the balance of the game.  No one is opposing the fact that anyone has the right to stay at level 15 for as long as they want, but it also makes entirely no sense when a Hokage or Sannin is killed by anyone with less than 10 DKs.  I would like for all of us to be able to continue to discuss this hot topic, but I rather us not pick out specific individuals and aim to aid or assist them; instead lets think about and discuss what makes better sense for the game and not our friends or ourselves.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 01:51:04 AM »

I am not picking on a specific person, although Gyu serves (in my mind, anyway) as the best example.

And the ceiling limit, that would then trigger "the event" (whatever it ends up being) would not force anyone to gain a DK and lose their temp stats, but it hopefully serve to make it harder to just sit there.

This RPG is based on the Naruto-verse.  There have been instances where strong Genins were sought out by those much stronger.

That is why I would hope for either or both:

- a PvP range, for immunity purposes only (see above, or I can try to explain it again - basically, you can attack a range and only be attacked by those in a range, or you can attack above your range, and forfeit protection from those players as well.)

- AND / OR -

- an event in which Orochimaru seeks you out at a certain EXP level.  Similar to your master.  Again, you would not have to defeat him - just don't use items or justu.  Ideally, this would not happen every gameday, but I am not sure how it would be programmed to be every 9 gamedays.

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 02:22:59 AM »

I don't think anyone's ego is being damaged by getting killed by anyone staying at level 15.  However in your own words you say that it is illogical to have a person with less than 10 DKs kill a person with over 120 DKs.  For some reason when this topic comes up, a few number of people seems to think that everything is being directed specifically toward Gyururu's account.  The purpose of it is not to go after one player, the purpose is to better the game, yes the balance of the game.  No one is opposing the fact that anyone has the right to stay at level 15 for as long as they want, but it also makes entirely no sense when a Hokage or Sannin is killed by anyone with less than 10 DKs.  I would like for all of us to be able to continue to discuss this hot topic, but I rather us not pick out specific individuals and aim to aid or assist them; instead lets think about and discuss what makes better sense for the game and not our friends or ourselves.

Why I am picking on Gyururu is the fact that she gets sannin things at jounin. It has nothing to do about limiting attack and defense. Gyururu is a very special jounin. She gets a lot of things that I think she shouldn't. She is the only account that gets that kind of treatment. Should Zoe be allowed to build a treehouse? No because he is an academy student. If anyone would like to explain it to me, be my guest.

I have no problem with getting killed by a level 15, but I'll avoid it as best I can. Limiting attack and defense balances the game because it is easier to get temp attack and defense? For those that can do a 2 game day orochimaru kill and turn it into a 1 game day orochimaru kill. If you know what I mean. Or if they can simply just do a 1 game day orochimaru kill, can get as many orochimaru kills as they want, which means as much attack and defense as they want.

Having lvl 15s around is fun because they own :twisted:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.