Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Bijuu Council and Discussion  (Read 57905 times)

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council and Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »

Consider the bijuu as being an extra 'soul' trapped within its host (jinchuuriki); if you kill off the host, then how on earth do you expect the 'soul' to linger any longer?

Follow the (canon) Akatsuki's example - subjugate the jinchuuriki, then extract it. At the very least they were aware of the consequences in killing the jinchuuriki without a suitable backup plan.

The 'soul' itself is being held in by a seal, so when the host dies off so does the seal, hence letting the bijuu go loose. They subjugate the jinchuriki in order to avoid this 'releasing' of said bijuu.

Personally i rather prefer a simple deciding match to determine the bijuu life or death. Bottom line, whether through means of death or other means that should decide the match. Even as a Jinchuuriki i hate the idea that a person has to fight a Jinchuuriki while trying not to kill them. Do you have any idea how hard it is to even kill some of these people? Let alone, trying to defeat them without killing them. Things used to be alot more simple. You fight, you win, you gain the bijuu. You fight, you lose, as you were....

I agree completely with Zenaku here. There's already so many rules you have to abide by in order to get the bijuu. Just killing off the host should be well enough.

It's part of the hardships one having the nerve to challenge a jinchuriki should have. :P We need to "keep it real" and all.

No one dares challenges a host anymore due to this 'keep it real' ideal that has spread into the minds of many. The rules are by far enough to guide one through the whole ''defender and challenger'' process. Like many of you've said; The jinchuriki are those who should have common knowledge of the various aspects of the bijuu world. Yet you are continuing to try to smoother more and more pointless stuff down their throats to achieve the "Real" aspects that are in the show. Like I said no one dares challenge for a bijuu, due to the rigorous mandatory laws you are putting into the already preexisting, perfectly fine rules.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 02:02:47 AM »

Consider the bijuu as being an extra 'soul' trapped within its host (jinchuuriki); if you kill off the host, then how on earth do you expect the 'soul' to linger any longer?

Follow the (canon) Akatsuki's example - subjugate the jinchuuriki, then extract it. At the very least they were aware of the consequences in killing the jinchuuriki without a suitable backup plan.

The 'soul' itself is being held in by a seal, so when the host dies off so does the seal, hence letting the bijuu go loose. They subjugate the jinchuriki in order to avoid this 'releasing' of said bijuu.
As I do recall, Kurama (the KyuubI) stated to Naruto that if he were to die, then so would he (hence was why it would on various occasions, 'lend' Naruto its power (with or without his consent)). As for where it was stated in the manga though, I cannot pinpoint precisely at present.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »

Yep. The manga clearly states the bijuu dies with the host. And in that scenario, we agreed to it returning to it's last or current village.
Cause in spite of dying, it comes back after a while.

Not only did the kyuubi state it but so did Akatsuki members in the middle of bijuu hunting on several occasions.
So basically, if you kill the jinchuriki, you mess up as a challenger, and as such, you don't get it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:13:14 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »

As I've said before, it's not that hard to keep someone alive. In all my fights I never fight with the intention to kill and can still win. Yes, it's harder, but not that much. I mean, getting rid of someone's arms and legs doesn't count as killing them since no one on SL seems to die by things such as: starvation, blood loss, etc.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:19:08 AM by Nathan »

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 02:20:10 AM »

As I do recall, Kurama (the KyuubI) stated to Naruto that if he were to die, then so would he (hence was why it would on various occasions, 'lend' Naruto its power (with or without his consent)). As for where it was stated in the manga though, I cannot pinpoint precisely at present.

The kyuubi was sealed within Naruto at birth and Minato being a master in sealing jutsu,(due to his involvement with the Uzumaki clan through his wife) placed a very powerful one on Naruto. Though I do not agree with what you've said. When Sasuke used his sharingan to see the kyuubi within Naruto; (paraquoting here) "Don't kill naruto, or else he'd end up regretting it." Also it wouldn't matter if Naruto did die, The bijuu ALWAYS revive when they are killed.

Still regardless of their reviving skills, the bijuu do not die when the host does. It makes no sense if they were to. The host dies and the seal breaks. What do you think the first thing that bijuu is going to do? Stay there, no. Get the hell out. If the host happens to get so weak to where they have barely enough strength, the Bijuu could break the seal and escape.

There are various theories out there. Maybe the kyuubi would die because the seal on Naruto is that strong (though the show said it's weakened)

Personally, I believe if either die, the host or bijuu, the other still lives. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:21:52 AM by Otokage ♪ Shadow »

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:52 AM »

At this point you are questioning basic Naruto knowledge. They die but are revived. The time such takes is unknown. Rather than quoting overly ambiguous quotes, we'd best relate to solid manga proof.

The Kyuubi and akatsuki more than clearly stating it on numerous occasions. And if you wanna complain about it being to hard to not kill and it being unfair, it's pretty much like complaining you have to fight a bijuu owner w/o having a bijuu yourself and suggest they are banned from using their tails.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 02:49:48 AM »

Well. shouldn't any rules made so far not be official until the new council votes on it? (Talking about the new revised rules and not the very old ones) Any way, I still disagree on it going to its previous village. As Quest brilliantly said, it should go back to the council. I see no reason why the village should get it back.

I also agree that death shouldn't  matter when getting a biju, though I'll save my arguments when and if this topic comes up in the council, as either I'll say it, or send it to a council member to say it for me,
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:57 AM »

At this point you are questioning basic Naruto knowledge. They die but are revived. The time such takes is unknown. Rather than quoting overly ambiguous quotes, we'd best relate to solid manga proof.

The Kyuubi and akatsuki more than clearly stating it on numerous occasions. And if you wanna complain about it being to hard to not kill and it being unfair, it's pretty much like complaining you have to fight a bijuu owner w/o having a bijuu yourself and suggest they are banned from using their tails.

I'm simply replying to those who reply to me. Weather they be ambiguous or not. Like I am with yours now.

It would help if you could find in what chapter they state this in if you could, if not I'll take your word on the matter.
It's not 'unfair' so to speak. I used that for lack of better wording, regardless. It is hard to not and kill someone who's trying to kill you. They can and WILL use their tails if you get far enough into it. Making it more than just the "difficult" I was talking about. It gets to an extreme point. Posting several hundred worded posts and hours of time consumed fighting for this bijuu. After all that YOU deny them the thing they fought for? Just for killing the one trying to kill you... No. It comes to a point of, at this point, unfair. Take for example making a new advanced jutsu that you've written five pages about then come to find out it all got deleted. How would you feel? Pretty shitty, right? Not to mention beyond pissed.

The challengers give it their all to achieve getting the bijuu, they have to. It's not a choice of 'maybe' I'll give it my all. You have a chance of losing your life.

Why do you even consider the host not being able to be killed? You're just making it more of a problem if you had just left the current rules alone.

I'm restating what I've said so you can remember; It's hard enough just to fight for the bijuu. Now you're making it even harder. People get tired of posting and fighting after awhile. The fights themselves take quite a bit of time. Now they have to take even more time trying to weaken the host enough WITHOUT killing them to get the bijuu. You suggest making this bijuu rp into a boring, stupid type of relentless time consuming rp.

"It's supposed to be hard to get a bijuu." Yes, but this is far enough.

You get the nerve to challenge for a bijuu. You take the time to kill the host. You take the time to get the skill in order to kill the host. You spend hours on all of this. That to me is enough to prove you deserve a bijuu.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 02:57:06 AM »

I also agree that death shouldn't  matter when getting a biju, though I'll save my arguments when and if this topic comes up in the council, as either I'll say it, or send it to a council member to say it for me,

Well Masashi Kishimoto begs to differ. >>

As for pointing chapters, I can't provide not have the time to scan the manga but here are a few examples:

Kyuubi stating it loud and clear.
Akatsuki members never killing their hosts.
Hidan and I think Kisame also, complaining about not being allowed to kill the host. (pretty much like you guys but in a ic manner. xD)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:41:03 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 03:00:40 AM »

The point of the match is as said 'life or death' Perhaps this is the line at which becoming too cannon lays?

The bijuu should still be able to be captured after the host dies, no?  Like I said the line has been met here. You're trying to be too much like the show. These challengers fight hard to get the bijuu.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 03:05:43 AM »

Well a thought popped into my little mind on how the killing thing could be abused. Say the jinchuriki is losing and just to spite you kill him/her self. All that hard work, just for the host ending it all doesn't at all seem fair to me.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »

Well a thought popped into my little mind on how the killing thing could be abused. Say the jinchuriki is losing and just to spite you kill him/her self. All that hard work, just for the host ending it all doesn't at all seem fair to me.

I also thought of this Trev, but everyone would know and then would call you out on it. It'd be useless.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »

Getting a bijuu is supposed to be hard. Period. I suppose this will be rediscussed in the new council, just like the host nor challenger being obliged to acknowledge pirated kg.

To me, the making it easier than in the series is a mere "This is too hard! Make it easier!"

To my knowledge, given the top 9 of that poll, the first has a pro rate of 6/9 and the second 7/9.

On a side note, suicide would be pretty lame. .-.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13:16 AM »

Indeed; hard. Not extreme.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »

Simply one of the disadvantages the challenger has.

I usually cease arguing when people keep at it in spite of series proof, which save for obviously god modish technique and special SL circumstances(such as resets) should be absolute.

But as a last point out: Reason and logic is already bended enough in the favor of the challenger, you auto know who has it w/o any means, it can't hide from you, it's obliged to fight you, and loses his/her bijuu if he/she flees. That's more than enough.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 15 queries.