Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting  (Read 9091 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 04:47:24 AM »

I imagine if Madara can't perform the technique on himself, he probably can't do it in general. So, I'm going to have to say no on this one.

Plus do we really want Edo zombies using this? We already have enough ways to resurrect  someone, without Edo zombies being able to constantly use this technique.

That's why I suggested making a general rule for it across the board, like you can only use it once every actual month, I think that would be fair.

I like this idea, but I hope it's enforcable.

I think it would be easy, if you use it take a screen shot, if you SEE someone use it take a screen shot. Put it in your bio that you used it and put a 30 day count down till you can use it again. If someone claims to be brought back to life and can't point to the zone where it was used and the person who isn't on cooldown that used it then they be dead.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 05:08:59 AM »

I imagine if Madara can't perform the technique on himself, he probably can't do it in general. So, I'm going to have to say no on this one.

Plus do we really want Edo zombies using this? We already have enough ways to resurrect  someone, without Edo zombies being able to constantly use this technique.

That's why I suggested making a general rule for it across the board, like you can only use it once every actual month, I think that would be fair.

I think it would be easy, if you use it take a screen shot, if you SEE someone use it take a screen shot. Put it in your bio that you used it and put a 30 day count down till you can use it again. If someone claims to be brought back to life and can't point to the zone where it was used and the person who isn't on cooldown that used it then they be dead.

In my head I couldn't think of this, but in my heart I knew you could.
Uhhh what happens if someone wants to revive fifty people? Is that okay? Or is it one person per use?
What if I was killed in like 05' and want to be brought back to life. Is there a time limit on how long you can be dead for before your unable to be brought back?

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »

In my head I couldn't think of this, but in my heart I knew you could.
Uhhh what happens if someone wants to revive fifty people? Is that okay? Or is it one person per use?
What if I was killed in like 05' and want to be brought back to life. Is there a time limit on how long you can be dead for before your unable to be brought back?

Maybe again with a real time month for the time limit? And Samsara does do multiple people but we'd have to cap that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 05:52:43 AM »

Can this, ya know, not be a thing?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »

It already is? Sorry? You just need "Uzumaki life force" and you can use it without dying.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 06:24:51 AM »

It already is? Sorry? You just need "Uzumaki life force" and you can use it without dying.

It's only an assumption.
Like assuming just because that character has red hair, it must mean because he/she must be Uzumaki.
But whatever pleases you...I can make it official somehow on my own by speaking to Sabumaru and whomever  counts as a *majority* of the Shinobi Legends population but hey, I am only making assumptions here.

It's very unlikely that anything here is "official" per se.

Quote from: Raifudo

It's a fact that sooner or later someone will get ahead of themselves. ;)

Edit; Meh.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:31:45 AM by Camel »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:33 AM »

It's only an assumption.
Like assuming just because that character has red hair, it must mean because he/she must be Uzumaki.
But whatever pleases you...I can make it official somehow on my own by speaking to Sabumaru and whomever  counts as a *majority* of the Shinobi Legends population but hey, I am only making assumptions here.

It's very unlikely that anything here is "official" per se.

Considering how many incarnations of Sabumaru there are I think whatever he votes for automatically has the majority. xD (Sorry couldn't resist)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:32:58 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »

Pretty much.
I just like how the idea of a month is brought up, that's waaaaay too short in my personal opinion. :D
But when does my opinion matter anyway? I'm just a Camel.  :oops:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:39:22 AM by Camel »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 06:41:01 AM »

What do you think would be a better time then?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:16 AM »

I don't speak for the majority of Shinobi Legends so I really can't honestly say without causing controversy with x/y and so forth.
If I had to give a opinion on any limit towards the usage of the technique, I would say three months minimum before that user could resume using it again in such a respective manner.
This opinion can change if a startling revelation is shown in the up-coming chapters. (Think Obito is somehow convinced about the errors of his ways and uses the technique to undo what was done.)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:54 AM »

I don't speak for the majority of Shinobi Legends so I really can't honestly say without causing controversy with x/y and so forth.
If I had to give a opinion on any limit towards the usage of the technique, I would say three months minimum before that user could resume using it again in such a respective manner.
This opinion can change if a startling revelation is shown in the up-coming chapters. (Think Obito is somehow convinced about the errors of his ways and uses the technique to undo what was done.)

That would be fine with me.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 07:19:37 AM »

You guys, we already have the established rule that ET zombies cannot and will not transfer chakra to others in the SL world as they have an unlimited supply of chakra.

Question though, what happens if an Edo Tensei person does Samsara of Heavenly Life? Do they not die since they can't lose all their chakra? I guess any of the "I give you all my chakra" style of Resurrection techniques for that matter.

If it has been agreed upon by everyone that ET zombies can't effortlessly transfer chakra due to their unlimited chakra...I'm pretty sure this also applies to them not being able to effortlessly transfer life force thanks to their unlimited chakra >_>.

@Kamui: Even by putting a time limit on ET using jutsu like this, what happens when someone has two ET zombies with 6-paths?  Do they get 2 Samsaras every 3 months?  I say just no to this idea in general.  Nip it in the butt before any kind of controversy can even happen.

Think of it this way, what good can come out of this for the RP?  Sure it'll be a plus for some as this is yet another way to attain a form of immortality, but overall it'll probably cause more trouble/arguments in the RP than it's worth.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 07:41:51 AM »

The fact that Madara doesn't use it on himself means that he can't. And it's too game-breaking in itself, so it's an obvious no.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »

You guys, we already have the established rule that ET zombies cannot and will not transfer chakra to others in the SL world as they have an unlimited supply of chakra.

Question though, what happens if an Edo Tensei person does Samsara of Heavenly Life? Do they not die since they can't lose all their chakra? I guess any of the "I give you all my chakra" style of Resurrection techniques for that matter.

If it has been agreed upon by everyone that ET zombies can't effortlessly transfer chakra due to their unlimited chakra...I'm pretty sure this also applies to them not being able to effortlessly transfer life force thanks to their unlimited chakra >_>.

@Kamui: Even by putting a time limit on ET using jutsu like this, what happens when someone has two ET zombies with 6-paths?  Do they get 2 Samsaras every 3 months?  I say just no to this idea in general.  Nip it in the butt before any kind of controversy can even happen.

Think of it this way, what good can come out of this for the RP?  Sure it'll be a plus for some as this is yet another way to attain a form of immortality, but overall it'll probably cause more trouble/arguments in the RP than it's worth.

How can you have such an over powered character (look at your claims, it is) and not be any fun at all? Ok they can't use One's Own Life, I just added that part in.

So Edo Tensei zombies just can't use the Naraka Path at all? Cuz it revives people that's what it does. I'll enforce it myself, there are 5 Edo Tensei users and 4 of them rp and one of them is me, I'm pretty sure I can keep track of three other people. If Kyu even has any zombies he hasn't added them to the list yet. Put the three month cool down on the person behind the key board, there, done.
/topic

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »

The fact that Madara doesn't use it on himself means that he can't. And it's too game-breaking in itself, so it's an obvious no.

Kage I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to argue that anything is game-breaking, over-powered, or otherwise unfair without first allowing me to shoot you with an ICHM, an Intercontinental Hypocritical Missile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.