Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting  (Read 9089 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »

@Zojin, I agree with you but hey! I'm trying to be unbiased here unlike some people on this thread, who are up to their usual shenanigans. :roll:
Also I was only giving opinions on this really making any validations towards this technique, that it would be for official use upon stating so in this thread.
Even I said in the beginning, waay OP.

Quote from: Camel
It just wouldn't make sense for someone dead to seek 'true' death again to revive the living, too OP in my opinion.

@Rakudo/Bret/Robert

Remember, what I said about trolling softly?  ;)
I can't take you seriously, if you're trying to cause a scene here when the topic at hand doesn't go in your favor or something like that. (Based-assumptions)   :oops:

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »

The fact that Madara doesn't use it on himself means that he can't. And it's too game-breaking in itself, so it's an obvious no.

Kage I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to argue that anything is game-breaking, over-powered, or otherwise unfair without first allowing me to shoot you with an ICHM, an Intercontinental Hypocritical Missile.

Consider the following.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Bocchiere

>Immortality
>Dust Release
>Splitting Technique
>Flying Thunder God Technique
>Edo Tensei
>Earth Grudge Fear
>Body-shedding Technique
>Kamui
>Sword of Kusanagi
>Samehada
>Rinnegan and all it's powers

That's a mix of Hidan, Kakuzu, Mu/Onoki, Minato, Orochimaru, Obito, Kisame, Nagato/Madara. 8-10 different characters through-out the series all packed into one.

I'm just Hashirama and Madara combined, sans the Rinnegan, with some originality thrown in here and there.

But back on topic. It's simply too OP in itself. All someone would have to do is get a Rinnegan user, kill them, resurrect them, and then use them as an automated resurrection factory over and over again. Or better yet: Get a Rinnegan, shove it into someone's head, kill them, take it out, resurrect them, etc.

Edo Tensei already has many regulations on it just to make it fair. Finding a way to keep track of a regulation within a regulation would be too much regulaception.

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 08:54:56 AM »

We need more of these Camel v. Robkudo threads. I bet you could make downright lethal drinking games out of this stuff.
Sounds like fun
If I could legally drink I would be up for it xD

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »

Everyone here is a teapot calling a kettle black.  But in the end, I firmly believe that ET should not be able to perform life-death resurrecting techniques.

I do think that the Naraka path can be used to heal the wounds of other non-ET paths though like it did to Nagato's Asura path.  Now that I think about it, has it ever been shown anywhere that the King of Hell can eat-up and spit out a living human?  From what I remember it only heals/transport already dead bodies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:12:25 AM by Zojin »

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »

Everyone here is a teapot calling a kettle black.  But in the end, I firmly believe that ET should not be able to perform life-death resurrecting techniques.

This.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »

Guys I'm going to let you in a little secret here, you might want to sit down. ALL OF US ARE OP. Kamui is Madara, Kage is God, literally God, Zojin is almost literally indestructible, (ctrl F Zojin on the claims list and look at her jutsu, you'll see what I mean), Jolt is Zues, and literally made of lightning, Zenaku is Naruto if Naruto was also Kimimaro and Hashirama, Yumei is... Yumei, and I'm an Inuzuka Hyuuga with Rinnegan, 8 Gates a Bijuu, Edo Tensei and Bakuton. That's why it makes me almost actually pull my hair out when I hear you guys say "Nope, too OP" "No this could cause problems.". If right this very second a genie gave me one wish it would be to simultaneously slap all of you across the face because that is how sick I am of these attitudes.

There should be 2 steps to doing anything here and this is what they are.

Step 1: Is it feasible canonically?: Yes, I've already said that it is equally possible that you can merely not use Samsara on yourself and we've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Step 2: Are you willing to be reasonable?: I came here posting this saying I want to make rules for it so it is reasonable. I try to do that. I knew Body Recreation was god mod and made rules for it on my own. Instead of working with me to make it fair I'm being told by Super Girl and Izanagi that they are worried adding something OP to the game might have a negative impact. It's. A. Little. Late. For that.

Yes how the very game operate spites this with it's 5 KG but you work with what you have. You're all insane. I'm insane. Could we act like the big freakin crazy family we are instead of doing THIS *gestures wildly at the forum topics* every time somebody has an idea. Oh hey Totsuka Sword is a spiritual weapon, I could just hold it with my bijuu chakra arms, cool idea, let's do it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You must face the Inquisition first. Does anyone else feel there is something intrinsically wrong with a system that operates like that?  OH MY GOD! THERE IS! IT'S SABUMARU! My god, you truly find wisdom in the strangest places.

I'm going to go to bed tonight and when I wake up I'm going to ask myself if I still feel like quitting this game. Because I like 99.99% of you guys. There is one person I do not like and we all know who that is. Some of you I find annoying, or hypocritical, or down right dumb at times but I pretty much like you all. I'd probably stay here and talk to people, people ask me about rp and I provide opinions, I could do that. Right now though I feel like continuing to play this game is tempting insanity and I am a twitchy little freak as it is.

If you put 100 mental patients with a love for pretty colors in a locked room, and then dropped 1000 multi-colored gumballs through the ceiling, the ensuing mosh pit, would be this game. I could go on for days.

One final thing, my fellow mental patients. The Bocch thing. I don't care who you think I am, and I don't care who you are either. I got here in what, March? No one has stopped talking about Bocch since then and it is now August. That is... creepy. You know what you should do if you really didn't like him so much? Just shut up, and let him die. Good night, the rant of rants is over.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »

Can this, ya know, not be a thing?

It already is? Sorry? You just need "Uzumaki life force" and you can use it without dying.

It's only an assumption.
Like assuming just because that character has red hair, it must mean because he/she must be Uzumaki.
But whatever pleases you...I can make it official somehow on my own by speaking to Sabumaru and whomever  counts as a *majority* of the Shinobi Legends population but hey, I am only making assumptions here.

It's very unlikely that anything here is "official" per se.

Considering how many incarnations of Sabumaru there are I think whatever he votes for automatically has the majority. xD (Sorry couldn't resist)

Lol xD

Edit:
Guys I'm going to let you in a little secret here, you might want to sit down. ALL OF US ARE OP. Kamui is Madara, Kage is God, literally God, Zojin is almost literally indestructible, (ctrl F Zojin on the claims list and look at her jutsu, you'll see what I mean), Jolt is Zues, and literally made of lightning, Zenaku is Naruto if Naruto was also Kimimaro and Hashirama, Yumei is... Yumei, and I'm an Inuzuka Hyuuga with Rinnegan, 8 Gates a Bijuu, Edo Tensei and Bakuton. That's why it makes me almost actually pull my hair out when I hear you guys say "Nope, too OP" "No this could cause problems.". If right this very second a genie gave me one wish it would be to simultaneously slap all of you across the face because that is how sick I am of these attitudes.

Step 1: Is it feasible canonically?: Yes, I've already said that it is equally possible that you can merely not use Samsara on yourself and we've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Step 2: Are you willing to be reasonable?: I came here posting this saying I want to make rules for it so it is reasonable. I try to do that. I knew Body Recreation was god mod and made rules for it on my own. Instead of working with me to make it fair I'm being told by Super Girl and Izanagi that they are worried adding something OP to the game might have a negative impact. It's. A. Little. Late. For that.

Yes how the very game operate spites this with it's 5 KG but you work with what you have. You're all insane. I'm insane. Could we act like the big freakin crazy family we are instead of doing THIS *gestures wildly at the forum topics* every time somebody has an idea. Oh hey Totsuka Sword is a spiritual weapon, I could just hold it with my bijuu chakra arms, cool idea, let's do it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You must face the Inquisition first. Does anyone else feel there is something intrinsically wrong with a system that operates like that?  OH MY GOD! THERE IS! IT'S SABUMARU! My god, you truly find wisdom in the strangest places.

I'm going to go to bed tonight and when I wake up I'm going to ask myself if I still feel like quitting this game. Because I like 99.99% of you guys. There is one person I do not like and we all know who that is. Some of you I find annoying, or hypocritical, or down right dumb at times but I pretty much like you all. I'd probably stay here and talk to people, people ask me about rp and I provide opinions, I could do that. Right now though I feel like continuing to play this game is tempting insanity and I am a twitchy little freak as it is.

If you put 100 mental patients with a love for pretty colors in a locked room, and then dropped 1000 multi-colored gumballs through the ceiling, the ensuing mosh pit, would be this game. I could go on for days.

One final thing, my fellow mental patients. The Bocch thing. I don't care who you think I am, and I don't care who you are either. I got here in what, March? No one has stopped talking about Bocch since then and it is now August. That is... creepy. You know what you should do if you really didn't like him so much? Just shut up, and let him die. Good night, the rant of rants is over.

Excuse my language but shit yo I reeeeeaally wish I had read through the posts before I replied.
But hey, wisdom in the strangest places.

Hey did anybody know it was me who got Bocchiere banned?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:23:46 AM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 10:54:51 AM »

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »

Man, how I wish I could just press a button and return to early '06. There were hardly any OP rpers back then and originality was always encouraged. Now... Well, rping is just depressing as hell. 

@Sabu: I want to hear that story over a beer or two.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:51:54 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »

Nobody can stop talking about Bocc because, at the end of the day, he was the best villain neo-SL has had in a very long time. You can't stop talking about someone like that...

But nevertheless. As far as this topic goes, the Edo Tensei rules restrict the usage of this technique. Compromise so far presented includes a time limit... There really aren't any other compromises other than 'no' and 'unlimited' (though unlimited has waned in feasibility).

So, the nature of this technique permits the revival of people without the general cost of life involved in many full revival non-zombie techniques. Anyone with high enough resets could legitly claim to have enough chakra, at full strength, to revive one person and limp to their bed to sleep it off. Of course, that 'anyone' has to have the Rinnegan with the appropriate path level in order to perform this technique.

So, with an Edo Tensei using it, they wouldn't be doing much limping under unrestricted circumstances. The users of the technique could stow one zombie to use just for the sake of revival by using juinjutsu implanted into the control tag, to automatically revive their master upon the death of their master.

So, a compromise could be... Oh I don't know... The actual death of the Edo Tensei zombie? It isn't that bad when you think about it, and while not quite canon set, it sounds somewhat reasonable.

If no other compromise, then I guess either rejection or acceptance.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

Man, how I wish I could just press a button and return to early '06. There were hardly any OP rpers back then and originality was always encouraged. Now... Well, rping is just depressing as hell. 

@Sabu: I want to hear that story over a beer or two.

I can make that happen!

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »

Notes Uetto Senju is a player..... players are never OP...

I didn't read all of this but just thought I'd throw my opinion out there about the big issue at hand [I say this cause usually these topic have about ten different things being talked about by this point]. Yeah, I have to say that this jutsu should be off limits to Edo Zombies... My reason for saying such is this. That jutsu lets you revive peeps for the coast of you live. Well the Edo would just reform of some freaky stuff after performing the jutsu right? So it would just result in the spamming of the jutsu that is meant to coast a great deal to the user.

Plus how does one give their live when they are already dead? Edo Zombies are nothing more then the walking dead... still dead no matter what.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »

/Print Screened
/printed
/framed on wall of room.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 08:51:30 PM »

If Kyu even has any zombies he hasn't added them to the list yet.

I don't use the Wiki and all that jazz. Off topic just for the record.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »

Notes Uetto Senju is a player..... players are never OP...

I didn't read all of this but just thought I'd throw my opinion out there about the big issue at hand [I say this cause usually these topic have about ten different things being talked about by this point]. Yeah, I have to say that this jutsu should be off limits to Edo Zombies... My reason for saying such is this. That jutsu lets you revive peeps for the coast of you live. Well the Edo would just reform of some freaky stuff after performing the jutsu right? So it would just result in the spamming of the jutsu that is meant to coast a great deal to the user.

Plus how does one give their live when they are already dead? Edo Zombies are nothing more then the walking dead... still dead no matter what.

Since you didn't read the topic and see my answers to all of these questions I'll tell you. It does not say you die when you use Samsara of Heavenly Life, look on the wiki. It says it takes a massive amount of chakra to use and Obito has been fighting a war this whole time, meaning he could just know he doesn't have enough chakra to live through using it. Also I want to set up rules so it can't be spammed, we are saying there should be a three month cool down on the player, not the character for using Samsara, yes they would not die and that is literally the point of Edo Tensei.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.