Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting  (Read 9087 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Samsara, just to avoid off topic posting
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »

Anyone can really use Samsara without dying, so the how Edo thing is kind of thrown out, and it would be nice to see rules for it in general.

Anyway, my only problem and reason I'm saying no to an Edo using this, is simply because Madara couldn't do it himself. Either you can't use the technique on yourself, or Edos for some reason can't do it in general. Perhaps we'll get closure on this in later chapters, as Madara seems to have a plan. So, perhaps wait and see on that point.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

Anyone can really use Samsara without dying, so the how Edo thing is kind of thrown out, and it would be nice to see rules for it in general.

Anyway, my only problem and reason I'm saying no to an Edo using this, is simply because Madara couldn't do it himself. Either you can't use the technique on yourself, or Edos for some reason can't do it in general. Perhaps we'll get closure on this in later chapters, as Madara seems to have a plan. So, perhaps wait and see on that point.

That seems like a good idea to me.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 02:28:04 AM »

Guys I'm going to let you in a little secret here, you might want to sit down. ALL OF US ARE OP. Kamui is Madara, Kage is God, literally God, Zojin is almost literally indestructible, (ctrl F Zojin on the claims list and look at her jutsu, you'll see what I mean), Jolt is Zues, and literally made of lightning, Zenaku is Naruto if Naruto was also Kimimaro and Hashirama, Yumei is... Yumei, and I'm an Inuzuka Hyuuga with Rinnegan, 8 Gates a Bijuu, Edo Tensei and Bakuton. That's why it makes me almost actually pull my hair out when I hear you guys say "Nope, too OP" "No this could cause problems.". If right this very second a genie gave me one wish it would be to simultaneously slap all of you across the face because that is how sick I am of these attitudes.

There should be 2 steps to doing anything here and this is what they are.

Step 1: Is it feasible canonically?: Yes, I've already said that it is equally possible that you can merely not use Samsara on yourself and we've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Step 2: Are you willing to be reasonable?: I came here posting this saying I want to make rules for it so it is reasonable. I try to do that. I knew Body Recreation was god mod and made rules for it on my own. Instead of working with me to make it fair I'm being told by Super Girl and Izanagi that they are worried adding something OP to the game might have a negative impact. It's. A. Little. Late. For that.

Yes how the very game operate spites this with it's 5 KG but you work with what you have. You're all insane. I'm insane. Could we act like the big freakin crazy family we are instead of doing THIS *gestures wildly at the forum topics* every time somebody has an idea. Oh hey Totsuka Sword is a spiritual weapon, I could just hold it with my bijuu chakra arms, cool idea, let's do it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You must face the Inquisition first. Does anyone else feel there is something intrinsically wrong with a system that operates like that?  OH MY GOD! THERE IS! IT'S SABUMARU! My god, you truly find wisdom in the strangest places.

I'm going to go to bed tonight and when I wake up I'm going to ask myself if I still feel like quitting this game. Because I like 99.99% of you guys. There is one person I do not like and we all know who that is. Some of you I find annoying, or hypocritical, or down right dumb at times but I pretty much like you all. I'd probably stay here and talk to people, people ask me about rp and I provide opinions, I could do that. Right now though I feel like continuing to play this game is tempting insanity and I am a twitchy little freak as it is.

If you put 100 mental patients with a love for pretty colors in a locked room, and then dropped 1000 multi-colored gumballs through the ceiling, the ensuing mosh pit, would be this game. I could go on for days.

One final thing, my fellow mental patients. The Bocch thing. I don't care who you think I am, and I don't care who you are either. I got here in what, March? No one has stopped talking about Bocch since then and it is now August. That is... creepy. You know what you should do if you really didn't like him so much? Just shut up, and let him die. Good night, the rant of rants is over.

/Print Screened
/printed
/framed on wall of room.

Aw yiss finally made Raifudo's wall technically.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 02:42:58 AM »

Rule Number 1: Anyone who uses said jutsu dies....

Yes, yes. I rather like this rule.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 03:15:09 AM »

Rule Number 1: Anyone who uses said jutsu dies....

Yes, yes. I rather like this rule.

You literally can't read then. Point out here where it says using the jutsu kills you,

"By channelling their power through the King of Hell, the Rinnegan wielder can re-infuse new life force energy to the bodies of those who have died. With their rejuvenated bodies acting as an anchor, the individual souls are then able to leave even the crossroad between life and the afterlife, returning back to their physical vessels. The technique targets all the individuals killed, even those not necessarily killed by the user. This technique seemingly requires a massive amount of chakra, as Konan feared the worst for Nagato when he used it after having previously expended so much chakra. After using the technique, Nagato became severely weakened; his hair became white due to overexertion of his chakra."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:17:08 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »

I am aware what the wiki says. But yet each time it has been shown to be used in the Manga the person would face death for using it. And that is enough for me to say it should be rped as such at SL.

A life for a life... that is how any jutsu of the sort should work. Look at the jutsu used to bring Garra back....... it should just be the nature of the beast, in order to restore live to those what have passed away it should coast a life.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 04:02:55 AM »

I am aware what the wiki says. But yet each time it has been shown to be used in the Manga the person would face death for using it. And that is enough for me to say it should be rped as such at SL.

A life for a life... that is how any jutsu of the sort should work. Look at the jutsu used to bring Garra back....... it should just be the nature of the beast, in order to restore live to those what have passed away it should coast a life.

Lets vote on it, then.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 04:26:27 AM »

Man, how I wish I could just press a button and return to early '06. There were hardly any OP rpers back then and originality was always encouraged. Now... Well, rping is just depressing as hell. 

This. This right here. So much yes to this.

As for the subject at hand, what is canonically feasible don't make the slightest bit of difference.

Hyuuga, Kaguya, Rinnegan and Medical ninjutsu. I could make a spot in my forehead to keep  Mangekyo Sharingan, optic nerves with Medical ninjutsu. Then, use Jyuuken to open my own Inner Gates and use Soul Removal on a Child of Prophecy, mastering Sage Mode instantaneously and in doing so have obtained 7 of the 8 KG in game. Canonically possible with what I have but no one would allow that. Understandably so.

It's a sad truth but what you could do has to be balanced with what doesn't piss everybody off.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 05:01:58 AM »

I'm just saying every jutsu that gives life ends a life... hell even the Edo. You have to sacrifice a living person in order to bring back the dead.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 05:14:31 AM »

I'm just saying every jutsu that gives life ends a life... hell even the Edo. You have to sacrifice a living person in order to bring back the dead.

Not Living Corpse Reincarnation, it was said all the guys Oro take over still exist in his mind. Again, most people would die, an Edo wouldn't. You should be able to take advantage of Edo Tensei if you have it, which is why I am agreeing with the three month cool down idea. Seriously, at this point we might as well say that all Edo Tensei does is summon a coffin you can throw at people because every time someone thinks of an advantage Edo gives you it becomes god mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »

This topic is sounding more like changing Samsara into a technique that anyone with a Rinnegan can use freely without consequence. It is apparent that whoever uses it will die. Even Obito acknowledges that.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-615-page-9.html

This whole thing about living through it just because you have the chakra and some other hacks would make this an even worse technique than Edo Tensei, because it is comparatively so much easier to attain and use. It's trading a single life for not just one person either, you can revive a whole village if you want too! Obito wouldn't have this whole debacle with Madara if he had to give his life. At the time he says that his life is needed, is during his time attached to the Juubi, the penultimate source of infinite chakra. Half his body is basically Senju vitality hacks, which is the parent of the Uzumaki's vitality/longevity hacks. And I'm pretty sure he is not tired or weakened from a few injuries here and there. In fact, it's possible that they now don't exist at all.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-601-page-14.html

What is apparent on this page, is that he has fully healed a Rasengan wound on his arm. So he apparently has passive healing from those Hashirama cells. He has stated that even with all this, he WILL die if he uses it. So a life is required to use it in the first place. Edo Tenseis are actually still dead, but brought back and bound to a corpse. So if they have no life to give, then they obviously cannot use it.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »

That's literally un-logic, Kage. That's like saying an Edo Tensei zombie couldn't use One's Own Life Reincarnation because they can't die when it is over even though that has nothing to do with the actual resurrection aspect of the jutsu.

I like how people just continue to ignore me and say the same thing over and over again. You are just assuming the jutsu automatically kills you when it's never said that. Obito said he would die if he used it, during this fight where even Uzumaki Naruto with the 9 tails ran out of chakra. When Obito got spat out of his pocket dimension after his fight with Kakashi he could barely stand, Madara forcing him to even start using the jutsu caused his hair to turn white like Nagato. He's obviously low on chakra and fatigued and his wounds clearly do affect him from his reactions, he isn't Hidan.
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/636/13
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/636/16
He doesn't exactly look perky there.

Where did it say at any point the Juubi was giving them chakra? You are totally pulling that out of nothing. They were just controlling it.

Again with the village thing, I already said I want to put a reasonable cap on the amount of people you can revive, it would likely just be One's Own Life on several people in most instances.

This is a never-ending argument, no one can prove anything one way or the other. I'm saying Obito meant he would die because he was too low on chakra and you guys are saying the jutsu will always kill you. Until we have more evidence we cannot move beyond this point.

Trev already said we should wait and see if anything changes, and I agree to that, so I"m locking this topic for now, if any new information is revealed (or the series ends) I'll unlock it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.