Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 35214 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2013, 05:07:06 AM »

Two things:

1. *They will die when stripped of their Bijuu and those with exceptional life force will be left in a weakened state.

2. They shouldn't have to exit their village. If, say, Eric was still in Konoha and he publicly RPed in Konoha within the required time limit, then there is no need for him to exit the village. Why would he need to in the first place? To make it easier on hunters? If so, that's stupid. It was hard for the Akatsuki in the series so it shouldn't be any easier for players especially since most Jincuriki leave their from time to time. I did it some of the time, Kirk did, Eric did/is, etc.

@1: What would stop every single host from claiming an exceptional life force, then? There should be a risk of death involved. If one lacks an outstanding life force and fear death, then hosting a bijuu shouldn't be in their best interests (it isn't obligatory to host one afterall). Simple.

@2: I agree with that, though the others don't seem to be on the same note.

1. I was fixing your grammatical error. You already stated what one would need to qualify as having an exceptional life force and I agree with it.

2. So?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2013, 05:10:34 AM »

1. I was fixing your grammatical error. You already stated what one would need to qualify as having an exceptional life force and I agree with it.

2. So?

@1: Gotcha.

@2: So now we need to wait for those against it to either agree with it, or (re-)present their argument against it.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2013, 05:25:13 AM »

[Excuse the double post.]

These are the... 'arguments' presented against #2:

They should still have to venture out once a month just like those in villages have to do. You can't just stay hidden behind your dragon forces like that if I can't stay hidden behind Konoha's forces.

Why should clans have to make public areas in the zones then? After all, all the attackers have to do is send their alts on over to the clan in question and RP the battling there. Even the main villages could use their clan halls for this purpose.

There would be no reason to use the zones at all for a 'public' location. It's all of them are compelled to use the zones or none of them are compelled.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2013, 05:42:51 AM »

• You must know about who is a jinchuuriki IC'ly. Even then, knowledge of their precise location must be located IC'ly.
Like I said before, isn't knowing who the Jinchuriki are common knowledge? Sure people may not know what they look like exactly, but their names would be something that's commonly spread around.

And let's not forget about the rule concerning wanderers/unaffiliated people.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:51 AM »

• You must know about who is a jinchuuriki IC'ly. Even then, knowledge of their precise location must be located IC'ly.

Like I said before, isn't knowing who the Jinchuriki are common knowledge? Sure people may not know what they look like exactly, but their names would be something that's commonly spread around.

Not unless somebody who knew them personally was a chatterbox. Of course, if somebody announced they were a jinchuuriki with another spreading their name around, then of course it'd be likely for others to learn that. If the creation of a jinchuuriki was kept discreet/classified, then it'd be considerably unlikely for anybody to learn that until somebody involved screws up and lets loose information (or the jinchuuriki by openly demonstrating their bijuu's power).

Of course those seeking wanderers or unaffiliated persons could wander themselves and 'conveniently' wind up in a location nearby, so long as they aren't completely metagaming (if being in a similar area at a similar time can be considered metagaming at all), so no problem there.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »

[Excuse the double post.]

These are the... 'arguments' presented against #2:

They should still have to venture out once a month just like those in villages have to do. You can't just stay hidden behind your dragon forces like that if I can't stay hidden behind Konoha's forces.

Why should clans have to make public areas in the zones then? After all, all the attackers have to do is send their alts on over to the clan in question and RP the battling there. Even the main villages could use their clan halls for this purpose.

There would be no reason to use the zones at all for a 'public' location. It's all of them are compelled to use the zones or none of them are compelled.

I'm not really seeing how either of those are arguing that Jichuriki should RP outside their village. Kirk seems like he's saying that if he has to do it then you'd have to. Eric, though, I can't really tell what he's trying to get at.

No. Just like when a new 'Kage is chosen it isn't really known unless a multitude of people visit the village and spread the news or the 'Kage and villagers/Shinobi do so themselves. Same goes for Bijuu. Unless the people of the village -- if they even know about it -- go around IC spreading the word or the Jinchuriki uses it's Bijuu's powers, then no one will ever really know.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2013, 06:28:44 AM »

I'm not really seeing how either of those are arguing that Jichuriki should RP outside their village. Kirk seems like he's saying that if he has to do it then you'd have to. Eric, though, I can't really tell what he's trying to get at.

Eric was more or less saying that everybody should use the public zones, specifically minor villages using their clan halls for when people are hunting their jinchuuriki. Probably pestered that they 'have it easy' in concealing information that the public shouldn't even need to know about. But then again, it only closer inspection has little relevance to what you asked earlier.

I guess some just want it 'easy' after losing their ability to issue challenges directly, entirely bypassing the defenses and defenders other villages have in place. Really if getting those bijuu back from strongly guarded territory is a deterrence, then those concerned should do all they can to prevent such territories from obtaining bijuu in the first place.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:02 AM »

Eric was more or less saying that everybody should use the public zones, specifically minor villages using their clan halls for when people are hunting their jinchuuriki. Probably pestered that they 'have it easy' in concealing information that the public shouldn't even need to know about. But then again, it only closer inspection has little relevance to what you asked earlier.

It's very rare that minor villages get Bijuu and, if they do, then if you wanted to be sure that they were RPing when they were supposed to then you should create an alt or something to monitor them.

I guess some just want it 'easy' after losing their ability to issue challenges directly, entirely bypassing the defenses and defenders other villages have in place. Really if getting those bijuu back from strongly guarded territory is a deterrence, then those concerned should do all they can to prevent such territories from obtaining bijuu in the first place.

Exactly. Do such villages have them now? Yes, but once someone obtains them then it should be hard to fall into that villages hands again. Not to mention that some villages may either 'sit' on the Bijuu or dispose of them if this is put into place. Why? Because having one can actually kill you now whereas before it just forced you to fight people.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:18 AM »

snip

Really we'd only need one to a couple of alts managed by volunteers to check if these minor villages have their jinchuuriki posting at set intervals (for those with their activities staged in the clan hall). If anything questionable occurs then they can easily dish out PDF's containing the comment lines and toss them up here.

If people don't like these minor villages they can't readily access obtaining bijuu then yes, just cripple them so they can't again anytime soon. Just kill/seal the host after extracting the bijuu from them, if extracting it from them alone wasn't enough, not too difficult.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »

What exactly is a fortnight?

Also I don't think you should strip a Biju if the host can't post due to some rl issues. I mean come on we all have a life and we can't help the effects that take place sometimes... Now you trying to tell people what to do in RL? Really!!!  It's like saying oh your parent just died to bad you having you beast taken, oh your child was just born oh well, you had to work late this week to earn some extra money for your families hospital bills your loss why should your RL issues come first?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2013, 08:02:16 AM »

What exactly is a fortnight?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fortnight

Also I don't think you should strip a Biju if the host can't post due to some rl issues. I mean come on we all have a life and we can't help the effects that take place sometimes... Now you trying to tell people what to do in RL? Really!!!  It's like saying oh your parent just died to bad you having you beast taken, oh your child was just born oh well, you had to work late this week to earn some extra money for your families hospital bills your loss why should your RL issues come first?

A fortnight is plenty of time for the host to make just one post, regardless of circumstances. As heartless as it sounds, not many would be happy for their roleplay to be stalled just because of one person's situation - it's plain unfair to the others. Really, hosts should be obligated to understand now that if they cannot commit to posting regularly (once a fortnight), then they will be stripped regardless of the reason. If they've some excruciatingly dire situation taking precedence, then being a host on SL should barely be a concern. In this case though we can just strip them of the bijuu without killing their character, and if they want it back later when their situation's calmed down, they can hunt for it back.

Bottom-line: Hosts have a big responsibility in return for great power, though if one has even bigger RL responsibilities, then it shouldn't be at all on their itinerary to become one. And if RL suddenly hammers down, then the host should be able to forfeit their bijuu without killing their prized character so that they can gain the opportunity to hunt it back later if they so wish.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:07:10 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »

Not unless somebody who knew them personally was a chatterbox. Of course, if somebody announced they were a jinchuuriki with another spreading their name around, then of course it'd be likely for others to learn that. If the creation of a jinchuuriki was kept discreet/classified, then it'd be considerably unlikely for anybody to learn that until somebody involved screws up and lets loose information (or the jinchuuriki by openly demonstrating their bijuu's power).

Of course those seeking wanderers or unaffiliated persons could wander themselves and 'conveniently' wind up in a location nearby, so long as they aren't completely metagaming (if being in a similar area at a similar time can be considered metagaming at all), so no problem there.

No. Just like when a new 'Kage is chosen it isn't really known unless a multitude of people visit the village and spread the news or the 'Kage and villagers/Shinobi do so themselves. Same goes for Bijuu. Unless the people of the village -- if they even know about it -- go around IC spreading the word or the Jinchuriki uses it's Bijuu's powers, then no one will ever really know.
In every single instance where a Jinchuriki's life or backstory has been shown, apparently EVERYONE in their village knew exactly who they were. It's the main reason why some of them end up being isolated and become loners. It's the price of having such a large beast of pure chakra and power sealed inside you. People WILL come after you, or even resent you for having or depending on a Bijuu.

Just look at what Gaara has been through. Naruto and Bee when through the exact same thing too. Everyone in their village knew who they were, and of their status as a Jinchūriki. It's not even one of the best-kept secrets either, since Kumogakure had even kidnapped Kushina for the sole purpose of controlling Kurama's power.

It's a reasonable thing to have in this new system, where hunting down a Jinchūriki is something that will have to be done. Although for wanderers, anybody who has some keen sensing skills could probably sense an abnormally large mass of chakra. It would be even easier if someone has some experience and knowledge of what a Tailed Beast's chakra is like. And the fact that they are unaffiliated with a village would make being a wandering Jinchūriki a somewhat short life if they cannot defend themselves well against those who may seek out the power they hold.

This could all inspire more IC actions, decisions and consequences of obtaining a Tailed Beast. They are usually considered the property, and a sort of symbol of power, by a village anyways. Unless specified.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

snip

The Kage most likely did something like that, literally announcing to the entire village as to who the jinchuuriki of x bijuu was. Surely they had a right to know who their 'hero' or 'scapegoat' was in the series, right? Because they were viewed early on as weapons which depending on how well villages were able to contain their prejudices, wind up leading to the defection or alienation of them. hence it wasn't really farfetched for outsiders such as the Akatsuki to locate the jinchuuriki when people were willing to let loose information able those monsters in humans forms wandering somewhere in the land.

But yes, it is undeniable that someone will be after the bijuu in your possession. If only of course they had knowledge of whether or not you well and truly had it in the first place. Fact is, SL doesn't follow the series that closely, we don't hold as much animosity or value towards jinchuuriki (as in the series) and rarely ever discuss it in-character on a wide-scale. While I suppose it is logical for extremely keen sensors to detect who is a jinchuuriki (and perhaps jinchuuriki being able to detect other jinchuuriki, perhaps not very accurately but still gain a lead), hunters should still be forced to gather information should they possess neither of these perks.

Besides, knowing who the jinchuuriki of x bijuu doesn't automatically let you discover where they may be. If nobody knows or refuses to tell the truth regardless of the circumstances, and the hunter lacks techniques (or other means) to force the truth out of them, then they'd be forced to locate information and leads the hard way.

So anyway, I believe that unless the Kage were blunder-heads and didn't keep the jinchuuriki's creation confidential, as well as keeping a tight leash on those involved, then it shouldn't be public knowledge as to who is 'that' jinchuuriki until somebody spills the beans, or a freaky-keen sensor/jicnhuuriki detects them manually.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

snip

The Kage most likely did something like that, literally announcing to the entire village as to who the jinchuuriki of x bijuu was. Surely they had a right to know who their 'hero' or 'scapegoat' was in the series, right? Because they were viewed early on as weapons which depending on how well villages were able to contain their prejudices, wind up leading to the defection or alienation of them. hence it wasn't really farfetched for outsiders such as the Akatsuki to locate the jinchuuriki when people were willing to let loose information able those monsters in humans forms wandering somewhere in the land.

But yes, it is undeniable that someone will be after the bijuu in your possession. If only of course they had knowledge of whether or not you well and truly had it in the first place. Fact is, SL doesn't follow the series that closely, we don't hold as much animosity or value towards jinchuuriki (as in the series) and rarely ever discuss it in-character on a wide-scale. While I suppose it is logical for extremely keen sensors to detect who is a jinchuuriki (and perhaps jinchuuriki being able to detect other jinchuuriki, perhaps not very accurately but still gain a lead), hunters should still be forced to gather information should they possess neither of these perks.

Besides, knowing who the jinchuuriki of x bijuu doesn't automatically let you discover where they may be. If nobody knows or refuses to tell the truth regardless of the circumstances, and the hunter lacks techniques (or other means) to force the truth out of them, then they'd be forced to locate information and leads the hard way.

So anyway, I believe that unless the Kage were blunder-heads and didn't keep the jinchuuriki's creation confidential, as well as keeping a tight leash on those involved, then it shouldn't be public knowledge as to who is 'that' jinchuuriki until somebody spills the beans, or a freaky-keen sensor/jicnhuuriki detects them manually.
I'm pretty ok with this then.

But what about the unaffiliated/wandering Jinchūriki issue? This seems to be one of the biggest loopholes that I've come across, since they can claim to be ambiguously in the wilderness whenever they're not in a village. Should that mean that they can be tracked down and encountered (in a zone) if the same conditions as above are met?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »

But what about the unaffiliated/wandering Jinchūriki issue? This seems to be one of the biggest loopholes that I've come across, since they can claim to be ambiguously in the wilderness whenever they're not in a village. Should that mean that they can be tracked down and encountered (in a zone) if the same conditions as above are met?

If the hunter is coincidentally within the same zone and possesses the ability to locate them, then why not? Fact of the matter is that there are less safeguards for wandering jinchuuriki, seeing that anybody can access the zone relative to their hiding hole (which is why it'd be more advantageous for them to be a part of/hide within a village).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.