Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Yet another topic about Jashinism.  (Read 19753 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another topic about Jashinism.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:19 AM »

Would like to point out from the wiki's (since counts of Jashinism are very miniscule in the wide web)
Naruto-wiki
This technique is Hidan's primary method of killing his opponents in the way of the Jashin religion.
SL-wiki
This technique is one of a Jashinist's primary methods of killing opponents in the way of the Jashin religion.

First off, apparently there are other methods for Jashinist to kill in the name of Jashin. A bit creepy too me....
Either way! there is a problem with wording as per the SL version, since we have come to the standing that Bocch introduced this style to the SL world. It says Jashinist's in general and does not in anyway state in the wiki that one must be immortal to preform said technique.
To be a Jashinist you must simply devout your beliefs towards Jashin's ultimate death and pure destruction to the world.

One must become imortal through body modifications to be able to preform the ritual, and survive
That is really the only difference maker here. Eikan is not imortal thus doing such actions would render him dead; suicidal ritualistic killing in my eyes.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 03:13:59 AM »

Tis confirmed or denied by a few factors. There are two ways this is gonna go, both create a lot of discussion.

1. Bocc is going to void it. He can if he wants, him and Kamui do it to each other. This leads a lot of holes in people's rp. As Bocc will void some people, and some people will void him, effectively screwing up lots of future rp, as the community will split and have inconsistencies.

Um, no, Bocc does not have the option to just ignore it due to disagreements. He is a tailed beast host, or do we need to bring back up the Temple RP? No, this is not a IC biju fight, but the principle is still present.

2. We discuss it more. It seems the majority of people believe Eikan can use it, however that doesn't mean the argument is over. Once that argument is definitely over and decided, two things will happen.
A. Eikan will not be able to use the technique, and Bocc is fine and dandy and everything shall continue.
B. He does use use it and we discuss his post, what it will do, and will it kill or effect Bocc. Topics such Bocc's Izangi, Dokuton, chakra path system, and blood will be discussed which will end up eventually in a decision.

So basically, the next step is will someone try to pull out the void card, if not we need to definitively decide if Eikan can perform this or not. Only then can we actually move onto the post.

As stated in my post, the only reason that Eikan would not be able to use it is if the immortality and the Blood technique are inseparable from each other. According to Bocc, they are not separable, and are as package that is limited in materials. If that is proper, then *questioning how jashinism was bestowed upon him and whether the proper anointing was done is in order. Joining the Cult is one thing that can be done with mere belief: going around and killing and stuff. Becoming a "jashinist" with the Blood tech, and/or even the immortality is another.

If they cannot come as a single package, which would only be if Bocc did not have the authority to do such with the technique, then there is no reason for him not to have the technique.

So why is this discussion still open then? I told them how I rp'd the Curse Blood and Jashinism working before this attempt to kill me was made, they are just ignoring it and attempting to kill me with what I already said I void regardless.

Maybe we should break this into an IC bijuu fight like every other time someone tried to do an actual rp.

Can someone explain why my Izanagi does not work though? I did not state it ceased yet. It was actually my plan to tank Hazama's first attack with Izanagi to try and seal him. It's like activating Raiton no Yoroi and then two posts later someone claiming it is inactive since you didn't say it was still on.

Obviously it would be bs to extend that the whole fight and say 20 posts later that I Izanagi through his attack but this is immediately after. It's close I admit, but I think claiming only 45 seconds had passed is fine. Since it has come up now that will be my next post.

@Keito: You need the modifications to be able to perform the jutsu at all, I told them this before this rp, they are ignoring it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2014, 03:23:12 AM »

Explain to me why immortality would be needed to perform this jutsu other than being a buff as to not die from using it. Do that and I'll accept that it shouldn't be used.

From what I get though this material stated is needed to be immortal in the Jashin sense. The jutsu is does not have anything  do with immortality. It is simply killing yourself at the cost of another's live.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2014, 03:24:06 AM »

Tis confirmed or denied by a few factors. There are two ways this is gonna go, both create a lot of discussion.

1. Bocc is going to void it. He can if he wants, him and Kamui do it to each other. This leads a lot of holes in people's rp. As Bocc will void some people, and some people will void him, effectively screwing up lots of future rp, as the community will split and have inconsistencies.

Um, no, Bocc does not have the option to just ignore it due to disagreements. He is a tailed beast host, or do we need to bring back up the Temple RP? No, this is not a IC biju fight, but the principle is still present.

2. We discuss it more. It seems the majority of people believe Eikan can use it, however that doesn't mean the argument is over. Once that argument is definitely over and decided, two things will happen.
A. Eikan will not be able to use the technique, and Bocc is fine and dandy and everything shall continue.
B. He does use use it and we discuss his post, what it will do, and will it kill or effect Bocc. Topics such Bocc's Izangi, Dokuton, chakra path system, and blood will be discussed which will end up eventually in a decision.

So basically, the next step is will someone try to pull out the void card, if not we need to definitively decide if Eikan can perform this or not. Only then can we actually move onto the post.

As stated in my post, the only reason that Eikan would not be able to use it is if the immortality and the Blood technique are inseparable from each other. According to Bocc, they are not separable, and are as package that is limited in materials. If that is proper, then *questioning how jashinism was bestowed upon him and whether the proper anointing was done is in order. Joining the Cult is one thing that can be done with mere belief: going around and killing and stuff. Becoming a "jashinist" with the Blood tech, and/or even the immortality is another.

If they cannot come as a single package, which would only be if Bocc did not have the authority to do such with the technique, then there is no reason for him not to have the technique.

So why is this discussion still open then? I told them how I rp'd the Curse Blood and Jashinism working before this attempt to kill me was made, they are just ignoring it and attempting to kill me with what I already said I void regardless.

Maybe we should break this into an IC bijuu fight like every other time someone tried to do an actual rp.

Can someone explain why my Izanagi does not work though? I did not state it ceased yet. It was actually my plan to tank Hazama's first attack with Izanagi to try and seal him. It's like activating Raiton no Yoroi and then two posts later someone claiming it is inactive since you didn't say it was still on.

Obviously it would be bs to extend that the whole fight and say 20 posts later that I Izanagi through his attack but this is immediately after. It's close I admit, but I think claiming only 45 seconds had passed is fine. Since it has come up now that will be my next post.

@Keito: You need the modifications to be able to perform the jutsu at all, I told them this before this rp, they are ignoring it.

To take another tactic out of your playbook, you posted that you were talking slowly. So, I am gonna assume that means 1 word every 30 seconds. Slowly could mean any of a million different speeds, so lets assume 30 seconds a word thus the Izanagi would be over by the time you were finished monologuing. Is it fair? No, but it's exactly what you did to me with my Extreme decapitating airwaves when I described it as a wall instead of exact measurements.     

I agree with the vote Idea. Each person should vote on whether or not Eikan is able to use Jashinism.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:35 AM »

Explain to me why immortality would be needed to perform this jutsu other than being a buff as to not die from using it. Do that and I'll accept that it shouldn't be used.

From what I get though this material stated is needed to be immortal in the Jashin sense. The jutsu is does not have anything  do with immortality. It is simply killing yourself at the cost of another's live.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2014, 03:30:09 AM »

Actually I lied xD There are tons of interesting articles based upon the Jashin cult. Now thats really creepy....
I was reading though...Pain is the pleasure granted by lord Jashin himself. So based off the original cult not yours Bocch, the original Jashinists didn't need to be immortal, hell your character even killed them all off, proving they weren't. :P

Thus using the old school, textbook, techniques the body modifications wouldn't be necessary, correct? I mean I'm just trying to make sense of this all really and seeing that is Jashin's actually get 'turned on' by pain that, in fact they enjoyed the self inflected wounds by preforming the blood curse technique.

And what are these modifications, really I'm curious cuz this is what seems to be the whole problem.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:17 AM »

Discussion is still going cause not many people are agreeing with you, but I figured to keep talking so it didn't turn into, well so, and so didn't agree, so it's wrong, now move on.

However, if you're willing to except it (This is assuming, since you're talking about Izangi) we can certainly move on to that topic and the posts iteself  ;)

As for my opinion, you didn't state your Izangi would last that long and is still in effect. You can compare it to lightning armor with your example, but I don't think that comparison is the same.

However, for the sake of arguing, lets assume it is in fact 60 seconds. Since you used Izangi, the following things occurred.
1. You used the Telescopic technique to scry
2. Tossed crystal ball to Saj with very small dialogue in between.
3. Kamui to Hazama
4. Very small statement to Hazama, followed by killing intent and chakra cloak
5. Hazama only gets one line out of his whole speech out, as you react when he draws a kunai and don't listen to it, preventing the rest of his speech from happening (Good call, saves lots of time)
6. He use Kamui and start a barrage of bone bullets, slash turning your body to flames to avoid crystal.

This ques in Eikan's post. I mean it seems like Izangi is over, as you could have just used that to avoid the crystals. However, I do know deceiving your opponents is a fine aspect in SL combat, so it is believable you'd do that as a facade to get Hazama, albeit the only proof being your word.

I mean, I don't know how we're gonna decide is all those actions were 60 seconds or not. Going over it in my head, is either probably going to be slightly below 60 or above. I'm confused as how to solve this.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »

Because the body modifications are what allow you to make magic circles and do the Curse Jutsu just by swallowing blood, no hand signs involved. That is how I rp it. I don't have specifics, any more than I can explain how the heck you make someone into an Earth Grudge Fear guy << that still is inexplicable to me.

Ok, here's what I'll do, Eikan was messing around in his post for a bit, obviously I get to respond to it. As I run to attack Hazama I turn completely into fire via my Incineration Technique, to do a big fancy attack on him, which is when Eikan does his Curse Jutsu on me. I'm made of fire, fire takes no damage, and since Eikan isn't immortal he is dead and the curse ceases.

What is he gonna do? Make a forum post about how I shouldn't be able to use my jutsu? If you're gonna troll me Im gonna make it as difficult for you as possible, and you better believe I've got more experience at it than you.

Unless his poison also affects fire the damage it is doing would be reflected onto a body not capable of receiving said damage. Poison does work via Curse Blood jutsu, but the jutsu only reflects damage, it does not actually make the poison present in my system. Since the jutsu would cease upon Eikan's death that's all I have to do to survive it. Took me a minute but I think that about wraps this up.

I am not accepting it FYI, I just wanted a clarification on that part. As I have explained now it's not going to work regardless though.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 03:44:53 AM »

Because the body modifications are what allow you to make magic circles and do the Curse Jutsu just by swallowing blood, no hand signs involved. That is how I rp it. I don't have specifics, any more than I can explain how the heck you make someone into an Earth Grudge Fear guy << that still is inexplicable to me.

Ok, here's what I'll do, Eikan was messing around in his post for a bit, obviously I get to respond to it. As I run to attack Hazama I turn completely into fire via my Incineration Technique, to do a big fancy attack on him, which is when Eikan does his Curse Jutsu on me. I'm made of fire, fire takes no damage, and since Eikan isn't immortal he is dead and the curse ceases.

What is he gonna do? Make a forum post about how I shouldn't be able to use my jutsu? If you're gonna troll me Im gonna make it as difficult for you as possible, and you better believe I've got more experience at it than you.

Unless his poison also affects fire the damage it is doing would be reflected onto a body not capable of receiving said damage. Poison does work via Curse Blood jutsu, but the jutsu only reflects damage, it does not actually make the poison present in my system. Since the jutsu would cease upon Eikan's death that's all I have to do to survive it. Took me a minute but I think that about wraps this up.

I am not accepting it FYI, I just wanted a clarification on that part. As I have explained now it's not going to work regardless though.

And how is that not Meta gaming with a side of retro?

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2014, 03:50:24 AM »

Besides the slight implication that you intend to meta game (You would have been better off just doing the technique, as a continuation since you already turned some of your body to fire) so you might have just shot yourself in the foot.

But your defense assumes you escape damage even in fire form (Debatable). However, if it does somehow work, you're stunned for a few seconds while he's in the circle. Allowing Hazama (If he's clever) ample time to finish you.

But I'll wait for everyone else to voice their thoughts.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 03:55:51 AM »

The intended method to one shot Bocch was poison injected into the chakra points system.....so turning into fire just removes your chakra path network? Where is this fire being generated from? >_>;

not physically transferring the poison towards Bocch, it will share the same effects the poison does though. Though saying it cannot effect the chakra network is like saying Bocch doesn't have one to begin with. Whether or not your body is physical or on fire they are still in existence. Thus the application of poison would cease the flames as well as any other chakra enhanced abilties, techniques. Though that would be how I see it, as well as being blind too.

Almost like having a seizure, ones body begins to react in an uncontrollable way; such actions were brought by Eikan's use of the technique.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:12 AM »

I don't have to stand around waiting while you prepare your Curse.

How is it meta gaming to attack Hazama with a jutsu? Because that jutsu would help me right now I'm not allowed to use it? That sounds like character control.

It might not be "fair" just like you taking advantage of me saying I talk slowly, but it's certainly allowed. It's a jutsu I have, I use it, if I can post a legitimate reason for doing so instead of just doing it then it is not meta gaming. You already said you're instantly dead in your post so there is no saving you. Guess I'd just have Jashin to thank for such a sweet blessing.

I don't know how it would stun me. He said the poison apparently breaks down cells right? Well my cells are fire and thus take no damage. Dokuton can damage chakra yes but there is no Dokuton present in my system, merely the reflection of the damage it causes.

I guess maybe you could still damage me if he had turned himself intangible via a Hozuki like ability and then destroyed himself with Dokuton, but that did not happen.

@Keito: I'm not on fire I AM fire. It's a fire version of the Suika no Jutsu. Imagine if Hidan cursed Suigetsu and stabbed himself through the heart while Suigetsu was entirely water. Well that's great, a hole is through his chest and heart, which is water, and as Suigetsu has shown being stabbed in his water form does nothing.

It's the same thing now, his poison is essentially dissolving his chakra network, well my chakra network and the rest of me would be fire, thus I take no damage since fire cannot be dissolved.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 04:11:39 AM »

You would be stunned from him stepping into the curse circle, not Dokuton. That is where you would be stunned for a few seconds. You "MAY" avoid the death kill from turning into fire, but the curse will still stop you in your tracks.

It's meta gaming in the sense you just said you were going to use it to avoid Eikan's post, not just attack Hazama. Like I said, you would have been better off just posting it and not saying it here.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 04:14:06 AM »

You would be stunned from him stepping into the curse circle, not Dokuton. That is where you would be stunned for a few seconds. You "MAY" avoid the death kill from turning into fire, but the curse will still stop you in your tracks.

It's meta gaming in the sense you just said you were going to use it to avoid Eikan's post, not just attack Hazama. Like I said, you would have been better off just posting it and not saying it here.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 04:22:09 AM »

I absolutely plan to use it to avoid his attack, though that is just my OOC knowledge. IC I am acting in a completely legitimate fashion.

It is the same thing as when I attacked Konoha as Rakudo. Yujo god-modded and tried to Kamui me, I avoided it by reacting to something entirely different, that just happened to allow me to move out of the way of being killed by it. There was a massive forum topic about it, you all agreed to it.

I can totally say OOCly that yeah thats gonna let me avoid your attack. As long as I don't act ICly on that being the reason why im doing something then it's completely legitimate. People "just happen" to do things all the time. Were we not acknowledging that till just now?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.