Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Yet another topic about Jashinism.  (Read 19718 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Yet another topic about Jashinism.
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:49 PM »

(Making a note that I am posting this for another friend before people go getting ideas.)

In zone 3 on the account Eikan, I rped using the same underhanded tactic that Bocc used to ‘kill’ Kamui twice now. By taking some of his blood I ingested it and made the circle and proceed to kill myself. Now; I obtained Jashinism through Manji Uchiha, whom Human pathed Bocc a while back to gain all of his knowledge. That is how I gained the ability to use the dark Ritual. Manji also gave me a vial of his blood. I rped everything, and have the PDF files to prove it, but now all of a sudden in order to use the Ritual itself, you need a body modification, even though it says on the Wiki the immortality alone was what needed a body mod. I decided to ask Hazama (Who is so graciously making this forum topic for me) And he says he never got a body modification from bocc to use the Ritual. Odd don’t you think? That now all of a sudden you need this miraculous surgery to use the attack that is gonna kill him? Well, even if this was true and not utterly Meta, you cannot customize a canon tech and still call it canon. So while he has made his own little branch of Jashinism, the actual Canon jashinism would still be available for me to use seeing as it would be in his repertoire of knowledge gained by Manji. And with Manji giving me all his available knowledge of Jashin, the attack would still be valid.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Yet another topic about Jashinism.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:18 PM »

I am on the side of Eikan with this one, you can't take the canon technique and add your own customization to it just because it killed you, I think this method is completely legit.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:07:26 PM »

I explained the body modification to Tsuyo before this occurred, I am not making it up just now. Also it is not anything different, by body modifications, again as I told Tsuyo, is just making someone immortal. You need to have been made into an immortal to use the Curse Blood Jutsu, hence it being hiden. I never claimed it was an additional thing.

Everyone is hearing about this just now because in nearly a decade there has never been an opposing Jashinist. I've never had to explain how the process works before, so I am now. I don't know how they can claim it's bs when no one ever bothered to ask before.

*ahem*

Bocchiere stole the experiments from the Cult of Jashin that he destroyed, only after destroying them he discovered that he could not replicate the experiment, thus I only have a limited amount of Jashinists I can make, due to the limited supply of chemicals that have proven impossible to reproduce. 10 to start now minus Night, Hazama, and Kuma. That's why I don't just make everyone in Akatsuki a Jashinist, there would be no downside to doing so otherwise.

Tsuyo did Human Path me, yes, but he also never made anyone a Jashinist in the time I was gone, then I came back and recovered my materials. Thus, though he has the knowledge, he does not have the means to make anyone immortal.

It is very hypocritical as in the same series of messages where he was denying my ability to state how the unstated facets of Jashinism work he was also citing Darkshinobi as proof for why something he was trying to do in regards to Hiraishin is legit. So Dark can say how Hiraishin works but I can't say how Jashinism works? Ok.

I explained all of this before, they just decided to ignore it and say they get to use the jutsu how they want anyway.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:12:58 PM »

I don't see in Jashinism where the body modification is required to use the Jujutsu: Shiji Hyōketsu,

In the description of Jashinism it states "Hidan is the "successful experiment of the Jashin religion's secret techniques," which grants him immortality. He uses this advantage to otherwise fatally injure himself while he is linked to his opponent in order to kill them."

It doesn't say that the immortality has to be used to use the Jujutsu, just that hidan uses his Immortality to spam it xD

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »

I don't see in Jashinism where the body modification is required to use the Jujutsu: Shiji Hyōketsu,

In the description of Jashinism it states "Hidan is the "successful experiment of the Jashin religion's secret techniques," which grants him immortality. He uses this advantage to otherwise fatally injure himself while he is linked to his opponent in order to kill them."

It doesn't say that the immortality has to be used to use the Jujutsu, just that hidan uses his Immortality to spam it xD

I didn't say that the manga does say that, I say that's what I rp. The manga does not explain many things about Jashinism and never will.

Claiming to have gotten the jutsu from me, ignoring how I rp using said jutsu, and then trying to use it to kill me is nonsensical.

It's the same thing as Machina using Incineration Technique but not listening to me, the creator of the jutsu, in regard to what is and is not god mod for the jutsu to do.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »

I for one am very skeptical when it comes to Jashinism in SL though have noticed Bocchiere to have, lets say, 'years' of experience with such. Giving him the persona of the true Jashinist/Hidan-man of SL. Strictly detaching from the naruto-verse itself SL has been shown to need modifications to canon based techniques to be able to properly execute them; giving fairness to all the others whom role play in our realm.
Now given to what we are faced with we gots a predicament.

Just putting this out there to deter us from going back to it:
Bocchiere seemed to have offed Kamui, twice apparently with the given one shot technique granted by the Jashinist cult's religion to transfer any injuries to someone after acquiring the taste of their blood. Thus killing the camel man in one post.
This seems to be allowed and plausible upon Bocch's RP standards so let that case rest; that this manner of killing a shinobi was used by him.

So the argument unfolds that the information stolen from Bocch's mind using the human path's ability, forbid the actual knowledge of the Jashinist ability? That's where I myself am confused. I don't use these higher scale techniques but the Human Path's abilities literally takes in all the knowledge the one being soul sucked has; the Jashinist abilities that allow for the ritual to preform in the first place would be a bit of information I figure would be absorbed. There isn't a sealing process or whatever godly means that certainly restrict such portion of knowledge from being known.

But we all need regulation don't we? TO prevent everyone and thier mother's mother to have said ability. So upon the actual technique itself, there is no specification or restriction into how such knowledge is acquired. But being that Bocch was the main man to incorporate the technique into the SL-verse he does have a hearsay over the 'spread' of the technique.

That being said he can't just forbid the knowledge to enter anyones brain. Rather be able to regulate whom, legitimately may be able to use said techniques. Human Pathing someone to gain the knowledge in my eyes = legitimate way in obtaining said knowledge; of whatever really. As for the body modifications necesary.....well I can't defend that case for I really don't know the in depths of Jashinism; wasn't my thing.

TL;DR Just because you wanna be a control freak over a technique, doesn't allow you to forbid everyone from using it. If acquired through legitimate means and RP; such argument, whether or not certain character obtained said technique is thrown out the window.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »

*snip*
TL;DR Just because you wanna be a control freak over a technique, doesn't allow you to forbid everyone from using it. If acquired through legitimate means and RP; such argument, whether or not certain character obtained said technique is thrown out the window.

"Tsuyo did Human Path me, yes, but he also never made anyone a Jashinist in the time I was gone, then I came back and recovered my materials. Thus, though he has the knowledge, he does not have the means to make anyone immortal."

I did not deny that Tsuyo Human Path'd me or that he COULD have made people immortal. He did not, and is now trying to retroactively claim things he did not do.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »

Of course I do agree with Bocc that if the way to make the Jashinist wasn't properly executed then I mean, he couldn't be a Jashinist, Bocchiere is the creator of the technique (SL verse) so he would dictate the ways to create Jashinists and spread the religion and all. So the way that I see it is that this all rides on whether or not Eikan was made a Jashinist in the proper manner?

But if he was then I don't think there's much else to be said on the subject,

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »

Of course I do agree with Bocc that if the way to make the Jashinist wasn't properly executed then I mean, he couldn't be a Jashinist, Bocchiere is the creator of the technique (SL verse) so he would dictate the ways to create Jashinists and spread the religion and all. So the way that I see it is that this all rides on whether or not Eikan was made a Jashinist in the proper manner?

But if he was then I don't think there's much else to be said on the subject,

Thank you, yes that is the issue.

Tsuyo never claimed to have made anyone else a Jashinist. Eikan is claiming it as of today as far as I know, which is too late for Tsuyo to claim to have made him a Jashinist.

The issue is that Tsuyo never asked me how one makes someone a Jashinist when we were talking about it. He Human Path'd me but I never explained it to him as he never had an interest in it as far as I knew, if he had asked I'd have told him.

All of a sudden now Tsuyo is gettin salty with me and wants to make Jashinists to kill me and doesn't like the fact that he cannot do what he thought he could. As he says to anyone he does not care about anyone else, which simply bit him in the butt this time.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »

Quoting bocchi himself though, he didn't create it, rather he butchered the original jashinists and stole their shit. Furthermore he said he couldn't recreate the experiment either, so if anything that makes him his own branch of it, not the 'true' original type.

What comes to the body modifications, I kinda have to side with logic here. Even if you're dedicated to a god of murder, what'd the point be of killing others that way if it off you yourself too? That way you won't be able to kill anyone else anymore. If anything the cult discovered their killing technique, realized how retarded it is, then started experimenting after to try become Hidans.

The way I see it, Shiji Hyoketsu is kind of like opening the 8th gate in that you need nothing special to perform it as long as you just know the technique...or well, as long as you're willing to basically suicide to perform it.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »

I, uh, I'm going to put my two cents here.

Going off what Warren said, immortality came first, not the Cursed Blood Technique. Eikan isn't claiming to be immortal or anything, he's simply claiming to know how to sacrifice to Lord Jashin, which any  Jashinist can do(Of course there's the claimed list thing, but by chain of command and Human Path, he'd still legitimately know the technique). You told me before that all it takes for someone to be a Jashinist is to for them to believe in the religion, just like Chiyo had before you actually gave her immortality.

So, Eikan believes in Jashin, knows of the history, and then offs himself using the technique he was taught. It's suicide, yes, but it's not impossible.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »

Well it isn't exactly said anywhere, its kind of a which came first argument, chicken or the egg. Still, that's about what I meant, as creepy as it is to agree with you about anything.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »

Hey! It finally let me make an account. Thank you Hazama for your help.
Now, as Haz just said I am not claiming to be immortal. It makes no real sense that the Ritual would require chemicals to be placed in your body and all that jazz. For immortality I 100% agree with you, but as I stated my character is going to be dead after this no if's and's or butt's.

I was made into a jashinist without immortality by having all of the available information that Manji had transferred to me via genjutsu. This includes the culture, the history of the religion, the ritual itself, and how to use it.
 ”He would move to look Eikan in the eyes. This would become a Tsukuyomi world, and upon going to Eikan's psyche he would implant the knowledge, ways, culture, and all that jazz into his mind if successful” 

As for the Dark argument. As far as I am aware the technique has not been changed. Yes there are a plethora of Rules for it, because it is overpowered in every way shape and form. The rules were made to keep things regulated and manageable, but it’s effects stay the same. Jashinism is a whole new can of worms. You are changing the canon to make it custom. Am I refuting your ability to do so? No, I am just saying it no longer becomes the canon technique. So, in addition to your new branch of jashinism, the canon would remain. And as stated I am not using the modification version, just the canon.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »

The way I see it is that it works out, I don't think there's a way to stop this, I feel like it's perfectly within the limits of everything because like Eikan mentioned he's not immortal, he's just performing the technique.

I'm all for reason, and reasonably I feel like this Jujutsu: Shiji Hyōketsu was successful

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »

Jeez....now this became a process of non-canon Jashinism use and canon Jashinism use? >______________________>'
Obviously these sudden moves made to eradicate Boccheire, were made ultimately out of the purpose to eradicate Bocchiere.
I know I for one would be a hypocrite if I say I wouldn't be doing the same thing he is. Just this he said, she said, who's information we are basing off ideal is quite annoying.

Basically Bocch formed his own methods of killing and praising lord Jashin from its original intended use in the naruto-verse. Since he was the first one to introduce it to the SL-verse he gains a higher power of the technique and its uses. Though that wouldn't stop Tsuyo from absorbing such information; the original Jashin cult and Bocch's version since he is ingesting all of the mans knowledge.

Everything is able to be taught from one person to another; bad habits, use of words, style of clothing, and you guessed it techniques. >>;
So regardless if something was attained 80 years ago and used today its still valuable information. :P
Figuring that the teaching process was done by them whenever; the knowledge would surely stay, thus would allow Eikan to know what to do and how to do it effectively to fully eradicate himself and Bocchiere in the name and lord Jashin. Though I myself wouldn't know how Jashin would feel for his most devout follower being offed. That is beyond me however.

Seeing as how Bocch uses his altered Jashinist practices and those said practices were not being used by Eikan, the ability to use the canon derived techniques are still plausible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 16 queries.